Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,796 members, 7,921,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:24 PM

Nairaland Mathematics Clinic - Education (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Mathematics Clinic (492139 Views)

Mathematics Clinic / 2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School. / Lead City University Clinic Welcomes First Ever Baby Since 10 Years Of Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (284) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by agentofchange1(m): 8:38am On Feb 13, 2016
Kowor:
Hi, pls I need a mathematician to tutor me. Am an OOU student. Tnx

what level /aspects. of mathematics ?

mode of tutoring ? ( online or physical )

tutoring to pass exams or improve knowledge ?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by agentofchange1(m): 8:38am On Feb 13, 2016
popewilz:
I hv some tough maths for finals.its so confusing i really nod help

let's see it .
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Kowor(f): 9:24am On Feb 13, 2016
agentofchange1:

what level /aspects. of mathematics ?

mode of tutoring ? ( online or physical )

tutoring to pass exams or improve knowledge ?
Mode of tutoring - physical to pass exam and improve knowledge. Aspects - mathematical methods. Thanks

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Laplacian(m): 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
DatechMan:

Yes, I must admit there are cases where it is extremely close. But I don't think there exist a situation where it is actually 1.

There's an exception though. When the index is 1. e.g 1250 grin

For the instances above:

3129 has 62 digits.

129log3 = 61.5486... (Rounded up, we have 62) valid

317 has 9 digits.

17log3 = 8.111... (Rounded up, we have 9) valid

Good Morning Nigeria

#GodBlessNigeria
[quote author=benji93 post=42432099]
Oh isee thts ur idea of rounding up
and ofcourse not there is never a case where it is 0.1 or 1 exactly
it comes from the idea that it comes from the fact that every exponential expression a^b>1 is such that 10^n-1<a^b>10^n infact it was from this axiom i thought that a^b could be at any point at infinity very close to the lower boundary or the upper boundary, if it is very close to the upper boundary, where logk <1 normally based on your rounding up if you had n=999.62 forexample it would be 1000 but actually if the value of k is to considered you could have 999.62 + 0.4 which gives 1000.02 which should be approximated to 1001 somehow we would not be able to test all numbers to infinity, but we can test as many number of digits as possible, i am not trying to disprove you bro,i am just saying based on my assumption there is a possibilty of having that +-1 problem somewhere at infinity unless my assumption is wrong which is also another possibility...
i must commend u 4 dis work sir, its the most significant work on this thread 4 more than a year now, ur idea is good but i wish to make a few corrections, Basically the part u find difficult to answer; "when to add 1, subtract 1 or approx.", on that note, u should b aware that BENJI93 is also very much on track!!!

Let it be required to find the number of digits in dc NOTE; the limitation of ur proof subconsciously assumes that "d" must be a unit digit. Here is a proof that removes that assumption
now dc=dcx10c/10c

=(d/10)cx10c

let (d/10)c=u, then if d is a unit digit, ur inequality 0.1<d<1 is obviously satisfied, otherwise it fails. So lets remove ur UNCOUNSCIOUS assumption by letting "d" be an r-digit number. Then d=kx10r-1 where 1<k<10, so u=(0.kx10r-1)c=0.kcx10(r-1)c

hence, dc=0.kcx10(r-1)cx10c=0.kcx10rc. Suppose we let m=0.kc, then since m=10logm we have; dc=10logmx10rc=10rc+logm, From this we conclude that the number of digits in dc are precisely 1+rc+clog0.k [or 1+(r-1)c+clogk); if the first digit of the base number is 1 (one) then, there are precisely 1+(r-1)c digits and that is the only case where we know the result precisely (without using calculator). Finally, the number of digits of dc is greater than 1+(r-1)c, where r is the number of digits in d.

For example, if we denote "N" by the number of digits in dc, then;
for 112, N=1+1x2=3
for 1002, N=1+2x2=5

HI BENBUKS!!!
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by agentofchange1(m): 9:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
[quote author=Kowor post=42881189][/quote]

OK dear , sorry. might not be possible to meet physically..now but u could drop questions ur not clear with here , my able maths lords in d house would do justice as time/chance permits ...

hope u get my gist . ?

# shalom .

@ sir laplacian ...I sight /salute thee boss , nice contributions....

Benbuks= agentofchange1. ..( benbuks deactivated).
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by LordPherule(m): 9:00am On Feb 14, 2016
Help! Help!! Help!!! Now, in the stage that Mathematics looks absurd. Kelebesgue measure indeed. Pls provide me solutions to these:

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Laplacian(m): 7:16am On Feb 15, 2016
LordPherule:
Help! Help!! Help!!!
Now, in the stage that Mathematics looks absurd. Kelebesgue measure indeed.
Pls provide me solutions to these:
i have been lukin around for a textbk dat treats dat but didnt find....can u suggest any, mayb i can help?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by LordPherule(m): 8:00am On Feb 15, 2016
Laplacian:

i have been lukin around for a textbk dat treats dat but didnt find....can u suggest any, mayb i can help?

I don't have any interest in Topology and those Abstract Mathematics stuff. I can't say precisely the textbook.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Kowor(f): 9:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
agentofchange1:

OK dear , sorry. might not be possible to meet physically..now but u could drop questions ur not clear with here , my able maths lords in d house would do justice as time/chance permits ...

hope u get my gist . ?

# shalom .

@ sir laplacian ...I sight /salute thee boss , nice contributions....

Benbuks= agentofchange1. ..( benbuks deactivated).
. @Agent of change thanks.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by agentofchange1(m): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
Kowor:
. @Agent of change thanks.
yes dear. uwc ma .
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Madmathecian(m): 10:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
LordPherule:

I don't have any interest in Topology and those Abstract Mathematics stuff. I can't say precisely the textbook.

This is Set Theory.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by benji93: 12:08am On Feb 17, 2016
Interesting fact: For all pythagorean triples, the product of the terms of each triple is always a positive integer multiple of the sum of the terms
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2016
benji93:
Interesting fact: For all pythagorean triples, the product of the terms of each triple is always a positive integer multiple of the sum of the terms
yeah, I agree to an extent but, what about this, 0,-1 and 1?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by benji93: 5:43pm On Feb 17, 2016
thankyouJesus:
yeah, I agree to an extent but, what about this, 0,-1 and 1?
Ofcourse i was talking about the class of pythagorean triples (a,b,c) beginning with the terms (3,4,5). where a,b,c is a subset of Z+.My assertion is always thru for this case. I am now trying to prove if there are any two pythagorean triples, in which the product of their terms are the same
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 6:01pm On Feb 17, 2016
benji93:

Ofcourse i was talking about the class of pythagorean triples (a,b,c) beginning with the terms (3,4,5). where a,b,c is a subset of Z+.My assertion is always thru for this case. I am now trying to prove if there are any two pythagorean triples, in which the product of their terms are the same
okay sir, goodluck in your endeavour.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
Pls statisticians in d houses I need you on this;
Given x success in trials,find the maximum likelihood estimate of the parameter p of the binomial distribution given by the probability mass function (x;n,p)=( formula of binomial distribution) for x=0,1,2...,n
(answer p^=x^/n)
p^ ,x^=p cap,x cap.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
Given x success in trials,find the maximum likelihood estimate of the parameter p of the binomial distribution given by the probability mass function (x;n,p)=( formula of binomial distribution) for x=0,1,2...,n
(answer p^=x^/n)
p^ ,x^=p cap,x cap.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by agentofchange1(m): 9:48am On Feb 25, 2016
snowprince07:
(answer p^=x^/n)
p^ ,x^=p cap,x cap.

here

1 Share

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
agentofchange1:

here
thank s man
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by agentofchange1(m): 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
uwc brother
snowprince07:
thank s man
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by frob0genius(f): 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
Laplacian:

Yeah. Real analysis by H. L ROYDEN

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by seuntosyn: 12:43am On Feb 27, 2016
help solve this if 1 is added to both numerator and denominator of a fraction,the fraction becomes 1/2. If 8 is added to both, the fraction becomes 2/3. What is the fraction?
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by thankyouJesus(m): 8:53am On Feb 27, 2016
seuntosyn:
help solve this if 1 is added to both numerator and denominator of a fraction,the fraction becomes 1/2. If 8 is added to both, the fraction becomes 2/3. What is the fraction?
let the fraction be x/y.
(x+1)/(y+1)=1/2.
(x+cool/(y+cool=2/3.
Solve the equations simultaneously to get x and y.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by seuntosyn: 10:46am On Feb 27, 2016
thankyouJesus:
let the fraction be x/y. (x+1)/(y+1)=1/2. (x+cool/(y+cool=2/3. Solve the equations simultaneously to get x and y.
thanks
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by johnpaul1101(m): 12:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
plz someone should help me prove dat the moment of inertia of a sphere=2Mr^2/3. hapi wknd all!
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by killsmith(f): 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2016
LordPherule:
Help! Help!! Help!!!
Now, in the stage that Mathematics looks absurd. Kelebesgue measure indeed.
Pls provide me solutions to these:
lol....just outer measure And you're complaining.....what would you do when u get to measurable function and Lebesgue measurable space?....... Download measure theory by Paul ardos...and study hard....cheers

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by Madmathecian(m): 11:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
frob0genius:

Yeah. Real analysis by H. L ROYDEN
Or better still, Mathematical Analysis by Walter Rudin.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by frob0genius(f): 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
Madmathecian:

Or better still, Mathematical Analysis by Walter Rudin.
Yeah. That too
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mojeed4(m): 8:45am On Feb 29, 2016
Please help me out with this question.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by mojeed4(m): 8:46am On Feb 29, 2016
And this
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by logadims: 10:10am On Feb 29, 2016
I'll like to meet with mathematicians residing in Port-Harcourt. So if you stay in PH let me know. I really need to improve in my mathematics skills.
Re: Nairaland Mathematics Clinic by emenik08: 5:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
Who can solve this mathematics

Solve for x and y in

X^y + Y^x = 16
X + Y = 3

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (284) (Reply)

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.