Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,891 members, 7,879,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:33 AM

After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? (6530 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Why Did Jonathan Return Capital Oil To Ifeanyi Uba? / Jonathan Insists On Subsidy Removal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by egift(m): 5:50am On Jan 01, 2013
It is now exactly a year when President Jonathan directed the PPPA to abruptly remove the "oil subsidy" payments the government claims it pays to reduce pump price of fuel. Thereby automatically increasing the price for fuel from N65 to N140 - leading to one of the largest public protest in the history of Nigeria.

We were told the measure will build refineries, send to prison all those that collected illegal payments, build roads, transportation, jump-start the economy, provide jobs, in fact so many things were promised.

One year after, what is the score card? With the final increase of N65 to N95 - What have president Jonathan achieved?

1 Like

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by confusion247(m): 6:06am On Jan 01, 2013
Absolutely nothing. Jonathan won't achieve anything even if has access to all the money in world bank.

1 Like

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by egift(m): 6:35am On Jan 01, 2013
And he is still borrowing at alarming rates.
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 01, 2013
he achieved one thing - he pulled the wool off the eyes if the suckers who voted Jonathan and not pdp

14 Likes

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 01, 2013
The then spokesperson of Yar Adua, Olusegun Adeniyi, made the statements below on the issues surrounding Yar Adua's reduction of fuel price in 2007 and the IMPLICATIONS of such action:
"It was the reduction of the pump price of fuel from #65 to #60 in 2007 that triggered the increase in subsidy payments. Yar'adua used that reduction to gain some level of legitimacy, following wide condemnations dat trailed his election. The FIFA under 17 world cup in Nigeria in 2009 prevented Yar Adua from total removal of subsidy because he didnt want Nigerians to protest while we had foreigners in our midst. He travelled 2 saudi 2days before the policy could be effected & never came back"- Olusegun Adeniyi (Politics, Power and Death)

4 Likes

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by trillville(m): 8:18am On Jan 01, 2013
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by seanet01: 8:21am On Jan 01, 2013
He did nada. Nada
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by don33310(m): 9:03am On Jan 01, 2013
confusion247: Absolutely nothing. Jonathan won't achieve anything even if has access to all the money in world bank.
Very correct.
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Hardfact: 9:19am On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "It was the reduction of the pump price of fuel from #65 to #60 in 2007 that triggered the increase in subsidy payments. Yar'adua used that reduction to gain some level of legitimacy, following wide condemnations dat trailed his election. The FIFA under 17 world cup in Nigeria in 2009 prevented Yar Adua from total removal of subsidy because he didnt want Nigerians to protest while we had foreigners in our midst. He travelled 2 saudi 2days before the policy could be effected & never came back"- Olusegun Adeniyi (Politics, Power and Death)

Good attempt there.

To all pro GEJ elements in the house, waiting for your response 'cos I personally find it difficult pinpoint any.

3 Likes

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by egift(m): 9:46am On Jan 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "It was the reduction of the pump price of fuel from #65 to #60 in 2007 that triggered the increase in subsidy payments. Yar'adua used that reduction to gain some level of legitimacy, following wide condemnations dat trailed his election. The FIFA under 17 world cup in Nigeria in 2009 prevented Yar Adua from total removal of subsidy because he didnt want Nigerians to protest while we had foreigners in our midst. He travelled 2 saudi 2days before the policy could be effected & never came back"- Olusegun Adeniyi (Politics, Power and Death)

This is very lame analogy. Is he saying Yar'Adua reducing the pump price from N65 to N60 made Jonathan to siphon nearly N3trillion instead of the less than N500 billion specified in the budget?

BTW, investigation has shown we did not even import more fuel than expected. Rather in a collaboration of FG, the Ministries (Finance and Petrol), NNPC and Marketers, people got paid for what they did not deliver - even in some case in excess of it.

4 Likes

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by OsunOriginal: 9:52am On Jan 01, 2013
Absolutely nothing.
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by karlmax2: 9:54am On Jan 01, 2013
Hardfact:

Good attempt there.

To all pro GEJ elements in the house, waiting for your response 'cos I personally find it difficult pinpoint any.
shay ur name is hardfact but it is on record that it was your governors including the once under deceit party AC.N which am sure u support!!all supported and infact asked the FG to remove subsidy so for the OP to claim that it was GEJS decision alone shows how ignorant u people are here is a link of what am saying and if think am wrong then prove me wrong like ur name suggest with hardfact!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-governors-agree-on-removal-of-fuel-subsidy/99978/

1 Like

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by mosunade(f): 10:30am On Jan 01, 2013
The OP doesnt even know the price of fuel. LOL.

1 Like

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by lookmangiw(m): 10:31am On Jan 01, 2013
What can the retardeen achieve even in a century. Modafucka

1 Like

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 10:32am On Jan 01, 2013
Nothing Absolutely Nothing
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Ikwerefistson: 10:34am On Jan 01, 2013
confusion247: Absolutely nothing. Jonathan won't achieve anything even if has access to all the money in world bank.
wat did obj yardua ibb nd abacha achevd in dia fist 2ys in power
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by vislabraye(m): 10:35am On Jan 01, 2013

My friend relax. Yar Adua did what was best. If GEJ had followed suite, the economy would not have fallen.
Why are we still borrowing money?
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Ikwerefistson: 10:36am On Jan 01, 2013
oyb: he achieved one thing - he pulled the wool off the eyes if the suckers who voted Jonathan and not pdp
is dat y u losers decids 2be suecide bombars
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by vision2050: 10:36am On Jan 01, 2013
Backward govt. The price is now #110 or 120 in some filling station subsidy have been remove totally, yet no positive result. Gej and his cabinet suck=>
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by killuminati(m): 10:39am On Jan 01, 2013
NEPA just take light for here Ooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhh fresh air 2013 don begin oooooo shocked GEJ is performing he achieved 4,700 MW but no power- oloshi gbo oshi!!

1 Like

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Ikwerefistson: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2013
i gues sm wil skip ds post
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by abbey37(m): 10:42am On Jan 01, 2013
GEJ is a big SCAM he has achieved nothing, things have only gone worse for the average nigerian.The so called SURE-P (Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme) by the FG is another scam waiting to be blown up

1 Like

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Ikwerefistson: 10:43am On Jan 01, 2013
Hardfact:

Good attempt there.

anudr acn sponsord laptop operator identifid
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Opoki(m): 10:43am On Jan 01, 2013
I wanted to curse GEJ when i opened this thread because he has made life so much difficult for many Nigerians, the last time we had electricity in the whole of my LG was Aug 5th 2010 and fueling generator has not been so easy especially when it affect the price of production directly compared to price of the imported goods.
As i was about to curse, i remember this word that says who God has bless...
Anyway, poverty is a choice.
I'm off this thread.

1 Like

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by teniyi(m): 10:46am On Jan 01, 2013
Ikwere fist son: wat did obj yardua ibb nd abacha achevd in dia fist 2ys in power

With the current mode of operations of GEJ, his government may ends up worse than those you just mentioned after Four or even eight year.

1 Like

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Ikwerefistson: 10:46am On Jan 01, 2013
egift:

This is very lame analogy. Is he saying Yar'Adua reducing the pump price from N65 to N60 made Jonathan to siphon nearly N3trillion instead of the less than N500 billion specified in the budget?

BTW, investigation has shown we did not even import more fuel than expected. Rather in a collaboration of FG, the Ministries (Finance and Petrol), NNPC and Marketers, people got paid for what they did not deliver - even in some case in excess of it.
nd u tnk gej is problm.wel,we nijerans re nt tird of sufrng wen ure tird u wil knw wat 2do nd who 2 blame 4ur shames
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by teniyi(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2013
Ikwere fist son: wat did obj yardua ibb nd abacha achevd in dia fist 2ys in power

With the current mode of operations of GEJ, his government may ends up worse than those you just mentioned after Four or even Eight years, despite the fact the former were not done in democratic system.
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Ikwerefistson: 10:50am On Jan 01, 2013
karl max: shay ur name is hardfact but it is on record that it was your governors including the once under deceit party AC.N which am sure u support!!all supported and infact asked the FG to remove subsidy so for the OP to claim that it was GEJS decision alone shows how ignorant u people are here is a link of what am saying and if think am wrong then prove me wrong like ur name suggest with hardfact!

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-governors-agree-on-removal-of-fuel-subsidy/99978/
dnt mind d fools.i wil personaly make sure i report seun 2d secret service 4 stiering anti pepls sentiment aganst gej.
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Gbawe: 10:52am On Jan 01, 2013
I dey laugh. Nigerians ,mentally stuck in the dark ages, went ahead to pander to bias and vote a total mediocrity into a very important job needing a high degree of analytical/innovative thinking and problem solving ability. Now they are seeking 'achievements' like a person expecting water to come from a stone. Funny people who simply remain too sentimental to accept GEJ cannot give what he does not have.

4 Likes

Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Ikwerefistson: 10:53am On Jan 01, 2013
Dat does nt ansa my questn.jst tel me wat dy achevd finsh
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by Cabsso(m): 10:55am On Jan 01, 2013
I‘ve bin tryin 2figure out wat GEJ has done ryt frm d incremnt of fuel, bt arrive at nutin. Poor Nigerians we hav tried enof May God bless us.
Re: After Subsidy Removal. Did Jonathan Achieve Anything? by eunisam: 10:58am On Jan 01, 2013
I dont think he did

But I still like him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Cabinet: Fashola Tipped For Attorney General And Minister For Justice / Lagos Targets N1trn Yearly Budget In Two Years / Fighting Corruption: Obono-obla Led Panel Gains Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.