Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,480 members, 7,937,411 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 01:22 AM

Nigeria Ready To Name Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Ready To Name Keshi (795 Views)

An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Nigeria Ready To Work With Fifa / Nigeria Ready For Nation Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ready To Name Keshi by muyeto: 11:08am On Feb 22, 2008
Stephen Keshi is almost certain to be named Nigeria coach within the coming weeks, as Nigeria finally part ways with Berti Vogts, top sources have informed me.

Keshi arrived in Abuja last week and held meetings with Sports Minister Hassan Gimba and Dr Amos Adamu, before meeting with NFA bigwigs.

I gathered that the former Super Eagles’ captain has almost finalised terms with top officials of the Ministry, who have effectively taken over the responsibility for his appointment from the NFA.

I understands that the fact that Keshi met with Adamu and the Minister before the NFA officials was hugely significant.

Although the NFA initiated the Keshi deal, sources say the Berti Vogts’ contract debacle has made the Ministry wary of leaving the current negotiations in the hands of the NFA, and the Glass House has been sidelined in the negotiations.

Keshi’s contract terms are said to have been agreed in principle, with only little details left to complete, including the matter of who his assistants will be and how they will be selected with Austin Eguavoen set to be let go.

The NFA board meets in Abuja next week, and a pronouncement is expected with respect to Berti Vogts and Keshi’s positions, although that is expected to depend on whether or not the go-ahead comes from the Ministry.

Keshi was the unanimous choice of board members in a meeting held in Ghana after the quarterfinal loss to 10-man Ghana.

At that meeting, the NFA board took the decision to dispense with the services of Vogts and opted to go with an indigenous coach as his replacement, rather than waste time and resources in a search for another foreign coach.

The only caveat was that the local coach must have played at the highest level and also had European experience.

Keshi not only meets both requirements, his achievement of qualifying Togo for the World Cup also tilted the balance in his favour and all that was left was to dot the i's and cross the
Re: Nigeria Ready To Name Keshi by doyin13(m): 11:14am On Feb 22, 2008
I hope they are bloody paying him as much as they paid Vogts angry angry angry angry

The useless Coconuts angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Ready To Name Keshi by Olumide7(m): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2008
Source PLEASE!!
Re: Nigeria Ready To Name Keshi by DaJunta(m): 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2008
All Nigerians want are good reults, cool
Re: Nigeria Ready To Name Keshi by kliverpool(m): 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2008
Keshi?i think siasia will be better 4 the job.remember what keshi did when he was in the super eagle
MAFIA THING and what he did to himself with ADEBAYOR'S ISSUE
I THINK HE IS TOO GREEDY.That will affect his decisions as a coach.

We have seen what sisisa did with the team he took to Holland for that junior world cup for him its not about what he will gain,he even went about looking for money to set up training camp for the boys.That is the kind of thing we need.
If we eventually appoint Keshi I'm sure time will come when we will look at this post and u will all agree with me
Re: Nigeria Ready To Name Keshi by tosinadeda: 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2008
muyeto:

Stephen Keshi is almost certain to be named Nigeria coach within the coming weeks, as Nigeria finally part ways with Berti Vogts, top sources have informed me.

sources av told u? isnt that just annoying y cant u tell us the source
nonsense

(1) (Reply)

Chess Players In Surulere / Transfer Gossip / How Much Will Be Given To Ecl Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.