Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,616 members, 7,975,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 02:39 AM

Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread - Education (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread (314490 Views)

Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread / Uniport 2014 Post-graduate | Master|phd|ma| Msc |med |meng |mba|pgd Form Now Out / Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by leosaintshow: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2013
emmkid: Thanks @keyke. . I would 've actually accepted the course. But the problem is that. I'm already a linguist at unilorin . Unilorin offered me admission before uniosun. So . I was actually hoping to leave unilorin for uniosun. On the basis of being offered law . . . But now that i was offered english and international studies. Guess i have no choice than to stay back at unilorin n continue wit the linguistics
hey i had 223 n 64.5% in jamb n putme respectively buh was given history&
intl studies instead of law. Just lyk u i chose unilorin as my 1st choice, i'll advice u 2 leave d linguistics 4 intl studies cuz it's so gud n relatd 2 law b4 it's a late
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by goodmercy: 12:41pm On Nov 23, 2013
Relieve As ASUU set to suspend STRIKE
•As crucial NEC meeting holds to take decision

Academic activities may pick up next week in the nation’s public universities as the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) would this weekend hold its National Executive Council (NEC) meeting to take a position on the on-going five- month-old strike.
Saturday Sun source revealed that national officers and branch chairmen of ASUU have arrived at the venue of the crucial meeting to deliberate on the industrial action.
The industrial action, which enters 144 days today, took off on July 1, 2013 and has crippled academic activities in federal and state universities.
Ahead of the NEC meeting, some members of ASUU in two universities, Enugu State University (ESUT) and University of Agricultural Abeokuta (UNAB) had announced that their institutions would open for academic activities.
Also, the authorities of the University of Lagos despite the on-going strike have started the screening/registration for new students offered admission for the 2013/2014 academic session.
The source told our Correspondent that ASUU is aware of public concern about the situation in the universities and that NEC would do the needful after deliberating on reports from the outcome of the various congress.
According to the source, having mourned and honoured late Professor Festus Iyayi, who died while on his way to Bayero University Kano (BUK) for a NEC meeting by suspending the meeting, ASUU leadership felt it was ripe to hold the crucial meeting.
He refused to give insight to the outcome of the NEC meeting but stressed that the decision would be fair based on the various congress resolutions of the meeting its leaders held with President Goodluck Jonathan.
Expectations were high before the postponed ASUU NEC meeting because of the death of its former national President that the industrial action would be suspended after the Federal Government shifted ground on the demands of the university lecturers.
Recalled that President Jonathan had to intervene after the Vice President, Namadi Sambo and the chairman, Implementation and Monitoring Committee led by the Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswam failed to produce positive results. At the crucial November 5 meeting with ASUU leaders in Aso Rock, the government agreed to provide N220billion yearly for the next five years and improve on the amount to be released for the contentious Earned Allowance.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Thelweezy(f): 1:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
IamDejman: Hallelujah,She can quote o!!!! grin

lolzzzzz ur funii
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by IamDejman(m): 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2013
Thelweezy:

lolzzzzz ur funii
Lol...I wish I were
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Thelweezy(f): 2:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
IamDejman: Lol...I wish I were

hmmmm @ least nw i cn quote **gud 4 miii

1 Like

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mitie17(f): 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
hero10: mitie i dont want much, u will just take me to mummy cafeteria and other me food. Thatall

no bogeys bros,e tun ma di losile
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mitie17(f): 3:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
Damifest: it be lik say me 2 go lik dat @least d cost is nt dat much grin

lols,F.F.O
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mitie17(f): 3:14pm On Nov 23, 2013
Damifest: k,sir...i wil bring it to sch wheneva we resume.

it gona hlp us during our p.d exam ryt?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Vakinmuyiwa: 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
Is there anyone here who was just given admission this week
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mitie17(f): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2013
Vakinmuyiwa: Is there anyone here who was just given admission this week

jez p.d admsn list
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Damifest(m): 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
mitie17:

lols,F.F.O
dont mind me na drum i qat 4 stomach o
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Damifest(m): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
mitie17:

it gona hlp us during our p.d exam ryt?
yeap,especially eco
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Mhizsleek(f): 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hello guys. Please I'm new here. smiley grin
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Damifest(m): 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2013
Mhizsleek: Hello guys. Please I'm new here. smiley grin
You are welcome to Nairaland
N:B new nairalander's fee is #5000..kindly inbox me 4 A/C no.smiley grin
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Mhizsleek(f): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
Damifest: You are welcome to Nairaland
N:B new nairalander's fee is #5000..kindly inbox me 4 A/C no.smiley grin

Ooops. #5000. Thats too small. Okay. Check your inbox tongue grin
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by keyke(f): 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
leosaint-show:
hey i had 223 n 64.5% in jamb n putme respectively buh was given history&
intl studies instead of law. Just lyk u i chose unilorin as my 1st choice, i'll advice u 2 leave d linguistics 4 intl studies cuz it's so gud n relatd 2 law b4 it's a late
i agree wit u buh it depends on wat he wants. He can b many tins wit eng and int'l studies, d course is very wide and interestin
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by goodmercy: 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Union keeps mum on outcome of NEC meeting
The National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) just ended in Kano with the leadership of the union keeping the outcome to themselves. The meeting, which was principally convened to ratify the resolutions of the local branches of the union on the offer of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.
As at the time of this publication, ASUU is still keeping all Nigerians in suspense on the outcome of the NEC meeting.
Let's just wait for the details later
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Olats107: 9:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
[quote
author=carzola20]Finally got ma registration pin back....thankz 2 God
and mr akanbi.....free....life so simple......if U̶̲̥̅̊ re having any
prob concerning either yur reg or access card....I will gladly help 4
free.....[/quote] help me ooo, i'm havng d xame probs, wat can i do?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Olats107: 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
[quote
author=carzola20]Finally got ma registration pin back....thankz 2 God
and mr akanbi.....free....life so simple......if U̶̲̥̅̊ re having any
prob concerning either yur reg or access card....I will gladly help 4
free.....[/quote]
Help me oo, i'm aving d xame issue, wat can i do?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mitie17(f): 9:34pm On Nov 23, 2013
Damifest: dont mind me na drum i qat 4 stomach o

i ccccc
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mitie17(f): 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2013
Damifest: yeap,especially eco

u ar wonderful!!!....wl apprec8 et......u on 2go and fbk...ma 2go id is simplie1,fbk username-Abiodun Mutiyat......tnx bros
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by sapientia1(m): 9:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
Mhizsleek: Hello guys. Please I'm new here. smiley grin
thats funny isnt it? smiley
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Damifest(m): 11:08pm On Nov 23, 2013
mitie17:

u ar wonderful!!!....wl apprec8 et......u on 2go and fbk...ma 2go id is simplie1,fbk username-Abiodun Mutiyat......tnx bros
no qualm ma'am
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by OluwaKidda(m): 11:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ikire freshers xpeciali History and Intl.Studies.. HOLLA!

1 Like

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by goodmercy: 5:02am On Nov 24, 2013
STRIKE LATEST: ASUU undecided at NEC meeting; to meet President Jonathan again
REPORT CULLED FROM VANGUARD NEWSPAPER
The leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, National Executive Council, weekend, met in Kano. The secret meeting,Vanguard gathered lasted from Friday night to Saturday morning.
However, at the end of the meeting, lecturers were not forthcoming with the outcome, which sources say was borne out of the promise made to President Goodluck Jonathan by the union to inform him of its decision before going public.
It was learnt that the NEC meeting which attracted ‘fair representation’ from over 50 universities was held at Mambayya House. Vanguard gathered lecturers were divided on the issue of suspension of the over 5months strike.
The Universities lecturers were conveyed to the venue of the secret meeting in two Coaster buses, secured by the union’s Kano chapter, in order to avoid the attention of the press and public.
A competent source close to ASUU told Vanguard in Kano that “we still have 40 – 60 percent situations here after the meeting; the resolution from the north favours the call off while their peers from the South strongly support the continuation of the strike”.
According to the source, “however , we were able to take a middle course that would be pleasant to Nigerians, but that will not be discussed now at the public domain until we meet Mr. President in line with our last discussion”.
Effort to reach Dr Nasiru Fagge, the national President of ASUU was abortive as he failed to pick up calls.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Olril18(m): 5:14am On Nov 24, 2013
goodmercy:
STRIKE LATEST: ASUU undecided at NEC meeting; to meet President Jonathan again
REPORT CULLED FROM VANGUARD NEWSPAPER
The leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, National Executive Council, weekend, met in Kano. The secret meeting,Vanguard gathered lasted from Friday night to Saturday morning.
However, at the end of the meeting, lecturers were not forthcoming with the outcome, which sources say was borne out of the promise made to President Goodluck Jonathan by the union to inform him of its decision before going public.
It was learnt that the NEC meeting which attracted ‘fair representation’ from over 50 universities was held at Mambayya House. Vanguard gathered lecturers were divided on the issue of suspension of the over 5months strike.
The Universities lecturers were conveyed to the venue of the secret meeting in two Coaster buses, secured by the union’s Kano chapter, in order to avoid the attention of the press and public.
A competent source close to ASUU told Vanguard in Kano that “we still have 40 – 60 percent situations here after the meeting; the resolution from the north favours the call off while their peers from the South strongly support the continuation of the strike”.
According to the source, “however , we were able to take a middle course that would be pleasant to Nigerians, but that will not be discussed now at the public:: domain until we meet Mr. President in line with our last discussion”.
Effort to reach Dr Nasiru Fagge, the national President of ASUU was abortive as he failed to pick up calls.

this is getting funny now....they will meet the president again,and insist on calling another nec meeting again
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mitie17(f): 6:45am On Nov 24, 2013
Damifest: no qualm ma'am

yh,tnx 4 ur kindness
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Sammydreezy(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2013
@rummies is the predegree forw still out nd does anyone havd the Idea of what diploma entails of
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mcpage20(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2013
Sammydreezy: @rummies is the predegree forw still out nd does anyone havd the Idea of what diploma entails of
any fresh economics student in d aus..........
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by goodmercy: 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
GOOD NEWS

Strike: ASUU To Meet Jonathan; may end STRIKE on Monday – Leadership Newspaper
REPORT BY LEADERSHIP NEWSPAPER
Members of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) yesterday ended their two-day meeting in Kano with a resolve to meet President Goodluck Jonathan today or tomorrow on the outcome of their parley.
It was learnt that the union could, after the meeting, call off the five-month-old strike, but with a caveat that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Revenue Mobilisation Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) should monitor the agreement it has reached with the federal government.
A source at the meeting told LEADERSHIP Sunday that the union will issue a communiqué on the decisions it had taken on Monday, adding that “we may call off the strike on Monday. It is one of the decisions we reached at NEC meeting. ASUU will meet President Jonathan today or on Monday”.
The meeting was held at the Centre for Democratic Research, Mumbayya House, Kano.
The source said that ASUU had resolved that, in compliance with the directive of President Jonathan at their last meeting with him, they will present the outcome of the meeting to him directly.
He explained that ASUU had resolved that the CBN and RMAFC had to witness the implementation of the agreement it reached with the federal government.
According to him, it was the unanimous decision of NEC members to involve other parties, especially the financial sector, in the implementation of the agreement.
Other issues discussed at the meeting include the violation of ASUU labour laws by some universities, which have announced resumption dates for students when the strike has not been called off.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by yetunsbay(m): 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sammydreezy: @rummies is the predegree forw still out nd does anyone havd the Idea of what diploma entails of
predegree form at all even dia admissn list is out
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Danielsachs(m): 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
yetunsbay: predegree form at all even dia admissn list is out
probably, supplementary forms might be on sale later but for now, there's no pre degree form on sale.

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (225) (Reply)

Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.