Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,360 members, 7,947,586 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:14 AM

Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread - Education (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread (312715 Views)

Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread / Uniport 2014 Post-graduate | Master|phd|ma| Msc |med |meng |mba|pgd Form Now Out / Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Danielsachs(m): 8:55am On Dec 03, 2013
Damifest: how can she also misplaced her p.d no? I guess she ought to ve application printout form,it ought to be there...as 4 d card oga mayowa go answer dat.
okay boss
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by hero10(m): 9:05am On Dec 03, 2013
Dopekidd: Just got ma local govt identification 2day @ikirun..mee nd ma pman went to okuku..checked d hostel insyd d skul gangan..dey sed itz 60k. Four ppl in a rum,dere iz gen..water system..itz fyn,nd i think dey sed dere r some rules nd regulations. Anybody dah knws dah hostel well? Does it make sense?
yea it makes sense.... bt mind u, u must get madness wella to survive in the male hostel
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by anulove2boys(m): 9:18am On Dec 03, 2013
We dere still b list 4 direct entry candidate...
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by demicupid(f): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2013
Dizzy1993: cn i also add u cos i nid a hostel veri close 2 d skul
sure,ur free
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by demicupid(f): 9:29am On Dec 03, 2013
Dopekidd: Just got ma local govt identification 2day @ikirun..mee nd ma pman went to okuku..checked d hostel insyd d skul gangan..dey sed itz 60k. Four ppl in a rum,dere iz gen..water system..itz fyn,nd i think dey sed dere r some rules nd regulations. Anybody dah knws dah hostel well? Does it make sense?
yh,datz vry true...d hostelz ar owk,if nt 4 d 4 ppl in a rum...alxo went dre ystidae
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Dapxavi(m): 9:35am On Dec 03, 2013
to all newly admitted students to okuku campus most especially accounting and banking and finance students you can holla me on whatsapp on 07034632274 and 2go....deereal1
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by keyke(f): 9:37am On Dec 03, 2013
TyHadebimpe:

fnkz ma'am
u re welcom
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by teemama20(f): 9:40am On Dec 03, 2013
Peeps frm ikire, Is Vasitha hostel d best hostel in Ikire and is it expensive.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Tobby66: 9:45am On Dec 03, 2013
National President of ASUU, Dr. Nasir Isa
Fagge
• Insists strike will end when agreement is
implemented
• Ondo varsity reopens, Unijos orders
resumption of lectures
Damilola Oyedele, Seriki Adinoyi and James
Sowole
The Academic Staff Union of Universities
(ASUU) Monday continued to defy the “return
to work” ultimatum issued by the federal
government, vowing that the lecturers would
only return to work when the 2009 Agreement
as discussed at the November 4 meeting with
President Goodluck Jonathan is implemented.
Despite the union’s pledge to keep public
universities shut, the Adekunle Ajasin
University, Akungba Akoko (AAUA) resumed
academic activities yesterday, while the
University of Jos (UNIJOS) ordered the
resumption of lectures immediately.
However, the lecturers at the University of
Uyo decided to side with ASUU, stating that
the order by the federal government to
resume classes, failing which they would be
sacked, was not binding on them.
This is just as the union described as tragic
the threat of mass sack issued by the Minister
of Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, describing
the action as a “thoughtless solution to the
problems arising from government’s non-
implementation of an agreement reached with
ASUU.
“The strike ends when government implements
the agreement as agreed with Mr. President
and when we are assured that the government
would renegotiate in 2014.
“We are convinced that if the government
does what is right, very soon, our students
would go back to the classroom. If government
invites us today, we are ready to meet,” the
union said.
Addressing journalists in Abuja, the National
President of ASUU, Dr. Nasir Isa Fagge,
refuted the statements made by Wike that
the union presented a new set of demands to
the government after the November 4 meeting.
He presented the union’s position after
revealing documents from both warring
parties, showing that the union had requested
the disbursement of the N200 billion agreed
to within two weeks, a position, which he
pointed out was documented in the
Government Paper from the November 4
meeting.
The paper, dated November 6, 2013 and
signed by the Permanent Secretary of the
Ministry of Education, Dr. Mac John
Nwaobiala, on page two read, “Federal
Government shall provide funds for the
revitalisation of the university system in the
following manner in the next six years: 2013 –
N200 billion; N220 would be provided in
subsequent years.”
Fagge added that the union demanded the
inclusion of renegotiations of the agreement in
2014, which was already agreed upon at the
meeting, in addition to a non-victimisation
clause in line with international labour
standards.
He also explained that ASUU insisted on a
proper endorsement of the resolution to make
it a binding document after “the Secretary to
the Government of the Federation (SGF)
announced to the public and ASUU that the
2012 Memorandum of Understanding – a
document authorised by himself – was not
binding on government since it was signed by a
permanent secretary and was therefore a
mere promise and non-binding piece of paper.”
None of these, he noted, were fresh demands,
adding: “The legitimate procedure is that both
sides should sign a resolution showing what was
agreed and what was not.
“But this is how the Minister of Education
expects ASUU to take it. He would want
ASUU to accept that the government was
doing ASUU a favour, this is wrong.”
On the directive of the government that the
universities be reopened, Fagge noted that the
union does not play a role in the opening or
closure of universities, but would withhold its
(ASUU) services as a fundamental right.
When reminded that some schools had already
resumed, Fagge said: “All I know is every
ASUU member is on strike.”
He also refuted reports that over 60 per cent
of ASUU branches voted to suspend the
strike.
Forty-eight of the 52 branches of ASUU, he
said, voted that the strike be suspended only
if certain conditions are met while four voted
for suspension of the strike before pursuing
the implementation of certain conditions.
Flanked by 13 other members of the National
Executive Committee (NEC) of ASUU, Fagge
confirmed that the union did ask for the four
months’ salary arrears of its members, which
are being withheld as part of the no-work no-
pay policy.
The demand for the salary arrears, he said,
was predicated on the fact that only ASUU
members have had their salaries withheld in
instances of a strike, a situation which he
described as unfair.
“ASUP (their counterparts in polytechnics)
was on strike for five or six months and no one
stopped their salaries. Several unions go on
strike; no one even threatens to stop their
salaries. We cannot be treated as second class
citizens in our own country,” he said.
Clad in a cream French suit, Fagge noted that
none of ASUU members, from graduate
assistants to professors are begging for jobs,
reminding the government that the threat to
sack lecturers was made during the Babangida
and Abacha regimes.
He disagreed that the union has lost the
sympathy of the public and called on all
Nigerians to prevail on government to do what
is just and noble as the present approach
would only compound the deepening yet
avoidable crises.
ASUU’s defiance, notwithstanding, academic
activities resumed at the Adekunle Ajasin
University, even as the Ondo State branch of
the union has directed its members not to go
back to classes.
In line with the directive of the institution
that all students must return to the school for
the 2012/2013 second semester, some
students were seen on the campus getting
registered and attending lectures.
Equally, timetables for lectures were released
by each of the departments to signal the
commencement of academic exercise while
meetings of the heads of departments in each
of the faculties were held to ensure proper
courses allocation among the lecturers. In
UNIJOS, on the other hand, the Registrar of
the university, Jilli Dandam, issued a directive
in compliance with the federal government’s
order on the reopening of tertiary institutions.
“Following the federal government's order on
resumption of academic activities in all
federal institutions, the Pro Chancellor and
Chairman of Council on behalf of the Governing
Council has directed as follows: All academic
staff of the University of Jos should return
to their various departments and units, and
commence work immediately," the statement
said.
However, the university was uncertain if its
ASUU members will comply with the directive
and therefore refused to announce resumption
date for students, saying, “Information
concerning students shall be announced in due course.”
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Danielsachs(m): 9:45am On Dec 03, 2013
teemama20: Peeps frm ikire, Is Vasitha hostel d best hostel in Ikire and is it expensive.
cant really say if its the best but below is the schedule of the price.
Single 150k
2 ppl 75k each
3 ppl 60k each.
But the good news is that you only need to carry you luggage with you nothing more because there's reading chair and table, bed, common room and all other sensible facilities.....hope this helped.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Pholarchemee: 10:00am On Dec 03, 2013
teemama20: Peeps frm ikire, Is Vasitha hostel d best hostel in Ikire and is it expensive.

Irep ikire campus too.. Wat social network r u on, let's get to tlk
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by teemama20(f): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2013
Danielsachs: cant really say if its the best but below is the schedule of the price.
Single 150k
2 ppl 75k each
3 ppl 60k each.
But the good news is that you only need to carry you luggage with you nothing more because there's reading chair and table, bed, common room and all other sensible facilities.....hope this helped.
tnks
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by teemama20(f): 10:08am On Dec 03, 2013
Pholarchemee:

Irep ikire campus too.. Wat social network r u on, let's get to tlk
ur dept nd level. Wia r u stayn
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Pholarchemee: 10:23am On Dec 03, 2013
teemama20: ur dept nd level. Wia r u stayn

Actuli I'm a fresher... Wbu?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Mhizsleek(f): 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Bomooba.com:
congrats

Thanks
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by hebenz(m): 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
Fadipe olagoke ebenezer on my o'level result n oda documents bt Ebenezer fadipe olagoke on my utme... Hope dis wont spoil tins sha. I nid an ansa pls
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by teemama20(f): 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pholarchemee:

Actuli I'm a fresher... Wbu?
ur pin
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by chiboc1: 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
pls i need help on this.."what are the required documents needed during registeration @asap!!!
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Skinnytee(f): 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2013
im going for the one @ odo otin..its 65k
demicupid: abeg,u guyz shud rent a rum whr i did.....55k per rum buh if u cn negotiate wella,it wl b lez,cuz i paid 48k
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Skinnytee(f): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2013
okay sis cheesy
mitie17:

bring sth 4 me wen u cumin tew skul
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Skinnytee(f): 12:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
Stephanie Adelaja
hero10: ok.. facebook id?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
Congratulations to those newly admitted....and too those that have all the requirements and have not been admitted don't give up, there are still about 3 more underground lists coming from now till February next year. so don't dull urself
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Love94(f): 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Ikire peeps should add me up 7c6a1351.....a fresher tho....I rep English n international studies
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by demicupid(f): 1:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
Skinnytee: im going for the one @ odo otin..its 65k
oh,owk o,rum shey,facilitiez nko?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2013
Any newly admitted Mathematics or Physics & Electronics dept,welcome to my dept.... beep me on 08063347030 .......
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Mhizsleek(f): 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Okeke_Onyi: Congratulations to those newly admitted....and too those that have all the requirements and have not been admitted don't give up, there are still about 3 more underground lists coming from now till February next year. so don't dull urself

So you mean i should wait till February? But I still have hope in God sha. But February is too far oo. grin grin grin grin
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by ayomitomiwa(f): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
Love94: Ikire peeps should add me up 7c6a1351.....a fresher tho....I rep English n international studies
........add me on 2go @Ayomitomiwa....i rep french nd international studies

1 Like

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
Mhizsleek:

So you mean i should wait till February? But I still have hope in God sha. But February is too far oo. grin grin grin grin
WHAT!!!! So mean u have not been admitted all this while..sincerely i don't know. well is better late than never....call me
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by hebenz(m): 1:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
hebenz: Fadipe olagoke ebenezer on my o'level result n oda documents bt Ebenezer fadipe olagoke on my utme... Hope dis wont spoil tins sha. I nid an ansa pls
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Pholarchemee: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
teemama20: ur pin

32E62231
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by victorlexa(m): 2:38pm On Dec 03, 2013
Pls cn ani1 newly admitted in ikire tell me abt hostels nd prices? Lukin for 1 for ma lil sis... D 1 we saw ystday iz 60k self con,bt d location iz damn far 4rm d junction nd seems d place isnt secure.dnt knw if it wud b ryt 4 mi 2 post d pictures here
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by hero10(m): 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2013
Skinnytee: okay sis cheesy
and me too

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (225) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.