Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,856 members, 7,938,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? (2378 Views)

Be Ur Boss And Stop Searching / Ur Boss Slapped U: What Would You Do? / Differences Between U And Ur Boss! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? by amyg(f): 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2013
Over the years,I v made it a point of duty 2 send xmas,new year and easter sms 2 my boss(being his secretary) buh sadly he dosent reciprocate.This particular yuletide,I intentionally blanked him.was I wrong?R all bosses prograMmed dat way?
Re: Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? by PaulJohn1: 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2013
It's not mandatory but essential.
He/she is your boss and you have to show that you know his/her worth by doing so.

Not at all occasions though, but for crucial ones like the New year it pays to do so. Boycotting Xmas, salah, easter and the like ain't bad

My thought

1 Like

Re: Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? by amyg(f): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2013
10ks,I appreciate ur response
Re: Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? by PaulJohn1: 9:47am On Jan 02, 2013
You're welcome.
Re: Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? by khukhi(f): 10:44am On Jan 02, 2013
Its not mandatory. Work is work and unless you and your boss have a very good relationship other than the work relationship then you can do so.

I got messages from some of my team members over the holidays but I refused to take any calls from my collegues because I did not want to think of my company over my December break.

I guess it depends from person to person so I'd suggest that one needs to learn his/her manager well then make that decision at your own descretion .
Re: Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? by eledalo: 12:10pm On Jan 02, 2013
5 Naira text message?

If that boss does not give you Christmas bonus or turkey and oil, the employee will come here and rant about how the boss is wicked, you want to leave the company, his wife hates you, his brother is chasing you, blah blah blah. But to send text to say Happy New Year Boss Lets make more money this year is hard. Why?
Re: Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? by amyg(f): 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
Eledalo,u funny die.in d absense of d bonuses/hamper nko? grin
Re: Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? by khukhi(f): 10:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
eledalo: 5 Naira text message?

If that boss does not give you Christmas bonus or turkey and oil, the employee will come here and rant about how the boss is wicked, you want to leave the company, his wife hates you, his brother is chasing you, blah blah blah. But to send text to say Happy New Year Boss Lets make more money this year is hard. Why?

Work is work. Most companies here close on the 24th of Dec. I'm not thinking about my boss when I'm on holiday. Its as simple as that. I don't feel forever indebted to some boss because we work for a huge organisation and at the end of the day he's just an employee as I am.

If I am female and I'm reporting to a man,the last thing I want is to send unnecesary msgs to a man over the holidays because "men are sneaky" and they might interpret that otherwise. I had a crush on my previous boss and for that reason I kept everything strictly proffessional to avoid anything at all. I guess you might not get it as a man... wink

(1) (Reply)

Who Needs Copywriting Services In Nigeria? / "Why I Chose My Entrepreneurial Career" / Opportunities In Certified Financial Analyst (cfa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.