Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,161 members, 7,880,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:10 PM

Have You Noticed This About Nigerians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Noticed This About Nigerians (660 Views)

I Just Noticed This. Am I The Only One? / Have You Noticed This? / Have You Noticed This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Noticed This About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
we call ourselves nigerian (insert ethnic group here) instead of black, it is only abroad that we call ourselves black
Re: Have You Noticed This About Nigerians by Rgp92: 2:35am On Feb 15, 2013
Why should we call ourself black in our own freaking country?
Re: Have You Noticed This About Nigerians by Nobody: 5:24am On Feb 15, 2013
IgboUK: we call ourselves nigerian (insert ethnic group here) instead of black, it is only abroad that we call ourselves black

Good morning,

Do you mean like what you have as your handle? Anyways, do you think it would be appropriate to say: I am black when someone asks you where you are from?
Re: Have You Noticed This About Nigerians by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:09am On Feb 15, 2013
I never call myself black. im dark brown skinned and i am not racist. will you call yourself flat nosed or wooly haired?

no. I am Hausa. whether im in Nigeria, or UK or on the Moon. i will remain Hausa.

we look different, are different.
Re: Have You Noticed This About Nigerians by okeyxyz(m): 10:14am On Feb 15, 2013
Rgp92: Why should we call ourself black in our own freaking country?

helep me ask am o..
Re: Have You Noticed This About Nigerians by okeyxyz(m): 10:16am On Feb 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I never call myself black. im dark brown skinned and i am not racist. will you call yourself flat nosed or wooly haired?

So what is wrong with being black that it offends you?
Re: Have You Noticed This About Nigerians by poopli: 10:42am On Feb 15, 2013
you are all the place with the hatred you have for nigeria, just change your color like MJ or kill yourself simple
Re: Have You Noticed This About Nigerians by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
okeyxyz:

So what is wrong with being black that it offends you?

it is not my skin colour so why should i call myself black also then i could call myself tall, man with 2 eyes, 2 hands etc. these are all my physical features.

this is black:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Study The Word / What The Facts About Energy Say About God / Why The POPE Really QUIT !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.