Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,886 members, 7,883,110 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 12:18 AM

Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) (26086 Views)

NAFDAC Alerts Nigerians On Toxic Substance In Food / Five Alive Is At It Again / Chivita Vs Five Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 04, 2013
dagbas: Disease no dey kill african!
Just swallow the substance dey go!

even HIV? shocked
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2013
Honey Princess: U don hama just sue Nafdac for not doing their job and the cocacola company believe its a break thru 4 u and ur family. 2013 future is bright n beautiful if dey ask u wat u want just tell dem u want a new house in VGC lagos, ur acc shld b loaded and a nice ride make e 4 no loss

Sue?

What's that? Is it short for Susan

E be like say nor be naija you dey. tongue
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by TableLeg(m): 4:02pm On Jan 04, 2013
WTF ...... shocked
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by bigfat: 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2013
[size=15pt]TUR OR FALSE[/size]
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by frankobaba(m): 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
A friend of mine had a similar case with a bottle of coke with some murky sort of substance that looked like a Dragon Fly deposited at the base of the bottle inside. He had already drank it almost to the end b4 spotting the "Dragonflyish" substance in it. He then had to forcefully make himself throw-up by inserting his fingers deep down his throat...then later headed down to their Bottling co in Rage & Anger there @ trans-amadi and was shown the way out by some Mopol Men. Saying he put the stuf inside the drink. They told him as soon as he opened the drink, he had no case... This was 3yrs ago tho..

1 Like

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by poshpimkiey(f): 4:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
eya. too bad u"re not halfcaste
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by talk2D: 4:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
Honey Princess: U don hama just sue Nafdac for not doing their job and the cocacola company believe its a break thru 4 u and ur family. 2013 future is bright n beautiful if dey ask u wat u want just tell dem u want a new house in VGC lagos, ur acc shld b loaded and a nice ride make e 4 no loss
R u taking frm experience?
This is Nigeria.
Pour it away and buy transparent La casera

1 Like

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by calabaman(m): 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
Red-Light:
he or she wont get a dimeeee.....no be naija? after the bribe and everything ...polce go claim say na he/she put the thing inside the juice
Shikena!
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by tolulopetoby: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2013
Is jst unfortunate dt ds happened bt u can't blame nafdac here or hold them responsible caz of the fact that Nafdac don't monitor company during productions.Nafdac only go there from time for routine for inspection maybe they comply with good manufacturing practise (GMP).wat I can advise u to do in this case is to report the case to any nafdac office or send a mail/letter to the director of EID directorate.u can visit nafdac website. Nafdac.gov.ng.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by ConcernMan: 4:19pm On Jan 04, 2013
Justiyke4u]Donoghue vs Stevenson

You are on point. In this case Lord Atkin in 1932 establish a principle in negligent by holding that a legal duty is imposed on manufacturers to ensure that their product is safe for human consumption and will be held legally liable if their is a breach of this duty. The fact of that case is also similar to this present case. In that case, a lady while drinking a bottle of ginger beer bought for her by her boyfriend saw a decayed snail inside the drink, legal action was instituted and damages paid.
This principle was also applied in a number of cases in nigeria they include: Osemobor v Niger biscuit (1973); Nigeria Bottling Co. v. Constant Ngonadi. In Osemobor's case while he was eating a biscuit made by Niger Biscuit he saw a decayed human tooth. His claim 4 damages also succeeded.
There is no impediment whatsoever stopping this lady from taking action against Coca cola Nigeria what he needs here is a good lab scientist who can prove that the substance was "follow come" (factory made) and not planted by the lady. If she can convince the judge on this then she will definitely smile to the bank with millions of naira as damages.
So who are those that read bio chemistry, micro biology and co kindly assist her lawyer so that Coca Cola don't get away with this. But be ready to face the best of experts the company will hire both from home and abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2013
I just finished taking 5 Alive Juice before reading this. I didn't noticed any strange object in the pack neither with the taste.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by timpaker(m): 4:25pm On Jan 04, 2013
slimming: she should pray about it or forget it.

this kindda statement makes me wonder how people thinks.. I'm sure you're the kind of person that reads only your bible without reading your prescribed textbook and expect to pray and pass.

@op.
Are u sure u saw that in the pack or u're just tryna punk us?
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by vanstanzy(m): 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sorry Sister, if u want to be a millionaire, work harder or join who wants to be a millionaire. Hope u're not thinking of suing and don't buy into the idea either, cos it'll be a waste of ur time and money.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by gulfer: 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
Na wash.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Wilfredng: 4:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
seedord247: That look like the head of a fish.

Maybe thats a gift for the best customer of the year. cheesy

And more also.... Since you dont have meat on ya food, you can used it to replace the meat. grin
can't stop laughing...
Son where is that sting?
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by thirdi(m): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
that thing looks like a frog, it might be a tadpole that developed after it was pumped into the can if this does not explain it then it’s simply Black voodoo.

Pray hard
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by fapcrook(m): 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2013
I once drank High malt last year using a straw and on getting half way, I noticed something like a big cockroach stuck to d side of d bottle inside. Felt like throwing up. My friend this is naija, wa gba bi ope ni o
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by yorke1: 4:41pm On Jan 04, 2013
You were so daft to have torn the pack. Damn!!! You blasted your only chance for being a millionaire early in life. You would have had a good case if you had not torn the pack!
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Redmosquito(m): 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
yorke1: You were so daft to have torn the pack. Damn!!! You blasted your only chance for being a millionaire early in life. You would have had a good case if you had not torn the pack!
hahahahahahahahaaa! ROTDFLMFAO Hahahahahahahahaaa! Niralanders wicked a swear! grin grin grin grin
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Fixed: 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
This has also happened to me before with the Apple drink of the same 5 Alive in the former pack. I had taken a full cup of it while I was emptying the remaining for my sister. The shocker: Some black particles gushed out into her cup prompting us to rip open the container. Lo and behold, what we saw looked like a rotten leaf. We simply threw everything away and hoped the part of it that I consumed will have no effect on me.

We did not bother to report as the burden of proof solely rested on us!

1 Like

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Richbee(m): 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2013
It isn't the work of NAFDAC to follow up on processings as such. They do random sampling of goods. Wat happened to u cud either be that u bought an adulterated good or even still bought a good that probably had error in the production wic usually happens once in a while. But I'm of the opinion dat its adulterated. One of my lecturers once told us of a situation where he bought eva wine only to discover that it was a pure zobo drink with the leaves still inside. Pele.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by NiceKid2(f): 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
go and report the incident to cocacola with your evidence
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
ConcernMan: Justiyke4u]Donoghue vs Stevenson

You are on point. In this case Lord Atkin in 1932 establish a principle in negligent by holding that a legal duty is imposed on manufacturers to ensure that their product is safe for human consumption and will be held legally liable if their is a breach of this duty. The fact of that case is also similar to this present case. In that case, a lady while drinking a bottle of ginger beer bought for her by her boyfriend saw a decayed snail inside the drink, legal action was instituted and damages paid.
This principle was also applied in a number of cases in nigeria they include: Osemobor v Niger biscuit (1973); Nigeria Bottling Co. v. Constant Ngonadi. In Osemobor's case while he was eating a biscuit made by Niger Biscuit he saw a decayed human tooth. His claim 4 damages also succeeded.
There is no impediment whatsoever stopping this lady from taking action against Coca cola Nigeria what he needs here is a good lab scientist who can prove that the substance was "follow come" (factory made) and not planted by the lady. If she can convince the judge on this then she will definitely smile to the bank with millions of naira as damages.
So who are those that read bio chemistry, micro biology and co kindly assist her lawyer so that Coca Cola don't get away with this. But be ready to face the best of experts the company will hire both from home and abroad.
Finally....op, that's the answer to your next line of action.

1 Like

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by lwise(m): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
Hahahahahaaha
I cant stop laughing,you think say u don hamma for this new year,sori ooo.

88 likes

1 Like

Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by Abmalcom(m): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2013
@OP did you bother to count those things to make sure they are five in number? Those things are the "five alive" lolz
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by omenziate(m): 5:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
Make I lay egg if u get shi shi unto say u complain. Except u ready drag d matter enter court, dem go come adjourn am reach 2030 on top wetin no pass #250. Sorry sha.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by ray502(m): 5:06pm On Jan 04, 2013
I found something similar in my daughter's caprisone.I noticed some coloured strands on the straw,I opened the pack and found a mass of mould.there is nothing we won't see in Naija.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by dgysoft(m): 5:10pm On Jan 04, 2013
Why waste time telling us buy another one naah. Shouh! See see trouble oh. Wetin concern me concern 5alive
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by razznaija(f): 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
Unfortunately for you, this is Nigeria and there is no credible administration that will look into this, so just go and buy another drink. Case closed!
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by BodyKiss(m): 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2013
Red-Light:
he or she wont get a dimeeee.....no be naija? after the bribe and everything ...police go claim say na he/she put the thing inside the juice

Police can't claim anything because I can't see what will involve them in the case. The only thing the poster has to worry about is proving she didn't put the substance in the drink herself, probably in court.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by gwas(m): 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2013
RICHIE BOI: I experienced something similar too, some days ago I went to one of the branches of tantalizer. I won't mention the branch and ordered for porridge yam and fresh fish. After serving me guess what I saw in the food after like two or three spoons. I saw a dead fly in the food and called the managers attension. When he came and saw it he started apologizing and asked that I given any other meal I wanted. angry
Bro, are you sure is Tantalizer or amala Iya Basira.
@Op, get a good lawyer.
Re: Wierd Substance In Five-Alive Juice (Picture) by j4jj: 5:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
U only poured d drink in a cup, u haven't drink it yet! That means case closed! You can only make a claim for damages only if you suffered damages/infection based on what you drank!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Hails His Wife For Cooking Multiple Soup In The Middle Of The Night (video) / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? / Bakers Sitting On Ready To Eat Breads (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.