Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,669 members, 7,948,526 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:07 AM

Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today (6148 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by dotcomnamename: 6:20am On Jan 03, 2013
shocked shocked shocked

EIGHT months after one of the aircraft in its fleet crashed in Iju/Ishaga, Lagos, killing over 160 people and leading to the suspension of its licence, Dana Air will today, recommence flight operations to Abuja.

According to information gathered, the airline would have resumed flight operations two weeks ago but had to postpone it due to its inability to get approval from the Ministry of Aviation despite receiving the go-ahead from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).

NCAA had given the condition that before it could commence flight operations, it must commence the last payment of $70, 000 compensation to the families of the victims. The airilne met the condition two weeks ago.

The Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah on Monday, gave approval for Dana Air to resume flight operations.

A letter personally signed by the minister and addressed to the Director-General, NCAA, Dr Harold Demuren, on 31st December, 2012 with reference number FMA/ATMD/502/S.835/11/56 and entitled Re: Release of Dana Airline to return to flight operations, gave approval for the airline to return to flight operations.

The letter, which was made available to some journalists, however, gave a proviso for the airline to return to operations.

Oduah, in the letter stated that the airline should complete payment of all insurance obligations and claims within two months to the dependents of the victims of the crash.

She also ordered the airline to abide by the safety regulations of NCAA.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/2265-dana-air-resumes-flight-operations-today
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by imperiouxx(m): 6:23am On Jan 03, 2013
If the only means of transport is Dana air and okada, I'll rather go by okada.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Okijajuju1(m): 11:31am On Jan 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by manny4life(m): 11:32am On Jan 03, 2013
7months after?

Wow, lots of lost revenue and economic activity. For me, the temporary ban on their license was uncalled for, but I must acknowledge NCAA for their firm stand on the insurance payments to victims before license is restored. It showed they acted in the interest of victims and Nigerians as well, for this, I'm so proud of them. Let's hope they have it right now. Several accidents shouldn't occur before they take proactive steps.

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by dulphines: 11:33am On Jan 03, 2013
I hate to fly. One of the reasons i haven't travelled outside Naija except those i can access via road. Please do not call me a bushman, its simply phobia.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Bblaq17(f): 11:37am On Jan 03, 2013
Can money replace d lost souls?
But stil i guess dat was d only option
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by valdubem(m): 11:39am On Jan 03, 2013
They must have put up a strong safety measure. God will see Nigeria through.
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by lanetrips: 11:49am On Jan 03, 2013
Are investigations concluded?hmmmm
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by ask4double(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2013
Dana is gonna be the safest for now.... FLY DANA.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Humanbeans(m): 11:54am On Jan 03, 2013
Dana air seem to be the only airline that had a crash and has been able to come back to business, I stand to be corrected. I wish them good luck, and their customers. My advice this year is for everyone to listen to his or her inner voice, if it doesn't go with your spirit, stop and think again. May God protect us all in Jesus's name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 03, 2013
As long its still own by Indians no be me o, dey are very stingy with their money, no maintenance culture in their brains. Not to even talk about Nigerian government and their politics, how can dey give DANA air best airline of the year after the crash. God will catch all of them one by one.
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by enimcnite(m): 12:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
I'm happy for them..but I'll continue travellin by the ones I'm used to which is Aero Contractors, IRS and ARIK... But to be sincere, All na risk abeg, na only God's Grace dey save pesin grin
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by manny4life(m): 12:01pm On Jan 03, 2013
uihebom: As long its still own by Indians no be me o, dey are very stingy with their money, no maintenance culture in their brains. Not to even talk about Nigerian government and their politics, how can dey give DANA air best airline of the year after the crash. God will catch all of them one by one.

It's not about stingy, the moment regulators begin tough regulation about safety, it's either by fire or by force. One way, they will give in. In every society where regulation fails, it's free for all, but when you have tough regulation and back it up with strict enforcement, the people rejoice.
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 03, 2013
A good news indeed,they have learnt their lesson the hard way,now more measure would be taken to safeguard lives now. Dana is the safest airline now.
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
There were reasons why the plane crashed. Has it been investigated and the true cause found? If not, how can they prevent. Another crash

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2013
Something isn't right here...
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by asala1: 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
uihebom: As long its still own by Indians no be me o, dey are very stingy with their money, no maintenance culture in their brains. Not to even talk about Nigerian government and their politics, how can dey give DANA air best airline of the year after the crash. God will catch all of them one by one.
Nigerians and Indians who is more maintenance concious?
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by cold(m): 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2013
Good move. Dana might just rise above that tragic disaster to become the best airline in the country & beyond
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by cyril83(m): 12:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
dulphines: I hate to fly. One of the reasons i haven't travelled outside Naija except those i can access via road. Please do not call me a bushman, its simply phobia.
phobia my anus....this is d 1st time am seeing a nigerian with phobia...a real nigerian adapt to all conditions
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
Good job boys !! even for 2 trips N100 i wont fly.
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by trimandtrendy(f): 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2013
[size=16pt]ITs really sad. Anyone can come into our country and do what they want. I really feel for those who lost thier family members. [/size]
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by pgiddy(m): 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
Humanbeans: Dana air seem to be the only airline that had a crash and has been able to come back to business, I stand to be corrected. I wish them good luck, and their customers. My advice this year is for everyone to listen to his or her inner voice, if it doesn't go with your spirit, stop and think again. May God protect us all in Jesus's name. Amen
now be corrected, Sosoliso is still operation, ddey only changed dier name.Most airlines dat av a crah do change dier names.
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Kx: 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2013
Has the report of the investigation been published and Dana absolved of complexities, safety compromises etc in the crash?

Dont the people deserve to know?

Good luck to prospective DA fliers.
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Piyke: 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2013
So what caused the crash Does the aviation minister now know or is it that they just don't deem it important to keep Nigerians in the loop
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
cyril83: phobia my anus....this is d 1st time am seeing a nigerian with phobia...a real nigerian adapt to all conditions
you're wrong. My dad is also acrophobic. He thought he could overcome it, it only gets worse
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by manny4life(m): 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2013
Ada Nri1: There were reasons why the plane crashed. Has it been investigated and the true cause found? If not, how can they prevent. Another crash

Sister, if you have to wait till a full scale report is released, business will not move forward. After every crash, there's a preliminary report on the likely causes of the disaster or possible speculations. The Black Box sheds light on what might have happened, using that information, authorities will issue directives. After a FULL SCALE investigation is completed (most likely in months or short span of years, say 2/3years depending on the complexity of the case) likely with a 3d flight simulation, that way, investigators will state exactly what their findings are. If at all there's a criminal indictment, that will be the time.
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by blahcknproud: 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2013
Dana should consider changing that name if they really want to re-enter the market. the name Dana is kinda synonymous with disaster, and it would remain so in peoples mind (at least, mine) for a long while.
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 03, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1092993/faan-award-dana-air-best

Yet the won best Airline, same year.
They were the best until the Ugly incident. Just same way, MedView Airline, is taking canter stage today in term of adherence to take off, Landing time and customer care.

Dana remains the best Until when Medview started Domestic Operations in December. 20126
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Osyno2007: 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2013
Dana shld take a cue 4rm bellview dat changed id after their crash.pple r still scared cos its still fresh in their minds.
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2013
dulphines: I hate to fly. One of the reasons i haven't travelled outside Naija except those i can access via road. Please do not call me a bushman, its simply phobia.
Who asked you all this?
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2013
Funny Enof, I think differently.
I'll rather fly Dana than any other, given that they will be meticulous and careful with all their safety procedure.

Osyno2007: Dana shld take a cue 4rm bellview dat changed id after their crash.pple r still scared cos its still fresh in their minds.
Re: Dana Air Resumes Flight Operations Today by Abrantie: 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
val_dubem: They must have put up a strong safety measure.

Indeed. It was placed in a brown envelope.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is The Best Place To Live In Enugu? / Information About Sao Tome & Principe / My Inspiring IELTS Success Story [A Must Read !]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.