Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,716 members, 7,914,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:59 PM

Nigerian Church And NOISE TERRORISM [video] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Church And NOISE TERRORISM [video] (505 Views)

Hilarious Nigerian Church Posters (Pictures) / Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure / Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Church And NOISE TERRORISM [video] by udohzone(m): 8:13am On Jan 03, 2013
Re: Nigerian Church And NOISE TERRORISM [video] by advocate666: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2013
oyibo really use us do yeye
Re: Nigerian Church And NOISE TERRORISM [video] by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 03, 2013
Good Morning Mr. Udoh,

I am very glad that you have decided to bring this topic up. I live in a quiet neighbourhood (at least it was quiet before they came) but in the recent past I have been pushed to the limit by some 'misguided' 'church members'. Their case is quite peculiar because these people do not hold their service during the day, nor do they do this on Sundays. Their prayer and singing session starts by 12 a.m and end's by 5 a.m each day, except Saturdays and Sundays. And I 'sh.it' you not when I say their loud speakers are as loud as the one in the video if not louder.

I believe you will understand my frustration given that I am a working man who needs his sleep in order to get busy again the next day. This was so much that I had to inform my lawyer who advised that I take the matter up via the ministry of the environment. I am just hoping and praying that something is done about it before I get 'confrontational', for I almost went out one morning to tell it to their faces.

Thank you!
Re: Nigerian Church And NOISE TERRORISM [video] by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 03, 2013
disgusting !
Re: Nigerian Church And NOISE TERRORISM [video] by turnstoner(m): 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2013
Church/mosque noise pollution has been a menace for a long time. Until there is a critical mass of people who see it as what it is - noise, it is going to be with us for a long time still.

In most cases the small rooms from where this noises emanate don't need the speakers for the devotees. So, clearly, the noise is for the benefit of the public - whether you are interested or not. How dare anybody suggest that they are not interested in the word of God?

There ought to be a law banning noises that are above certain decibels to protect the rest of us from noise harassment but who is going to pass such a law in this religion-crazy country?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Church And NOISE TERRORISM [video] by dorox(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2013
This issue really needs to be tackled. i have had a similarly bad experience of noise pollution when a small church opened opposite my house in the 90's.
Whenever they were holding church service which was more often than not, my window used to vibrate, watching tv was impossible even at the highest volume unless the doors and windows were completely sealed and on a hot and humid night with no nepa light, it was the closest to hell that i have experienced.
There was this day my elder brother came home from university, tired from his journey he went to sleep soon after having his meal. So you can imagine my surprise when moments after he began his siesta, I saw him explosively burst through his room door and made a mad dash through the living room for the front door with his eyes wide opened like he was running for his dear life only to stop at the last moment angrily saying - sh.t!...sh.t!...Oh!...sh.t!
Just as i was about ask him what the matter was, the answer hit me and i just could not hold back the flood of laughter.
My brother taught that there was a fire outside and was only running to help as quickly as he could. The church pastor was screaming Fire!..Fire!..Fire... Holy Ghost Fire!
It was when he said holy ghost fire that my brother realized that he was just fired up for nothing because, there was actually no fire.
Re: Nigerian Church And NOISE TERRORISM [video] by advocate666: 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2013
^^^lol

(1) (Reply)

For Men, Though You Never Know / The Fire Of God / Love In The Old Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.