Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:18 AM

Ubuntu Linux - Computers (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ubuntu Linux (481814 Views)

Using Fedora Or Ubuntu Linux / Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gospel367: 6:49am On Sep 16, 2014
I want to install a flavour of linux on an old laptop and I have decided to go for linux mint 13 xfce but the problem is that the size of the iso image is too large (up to 820mb) and i doubt any of nigerian network will be fast enough to download it and even if it fast, i dont have cash now to subscribe for a plan. So I want to know whether it is possible to get these my choice of linux flavour that is already burned into a cd or dvd at a minimal cost or from someone who already used it or does not need it anymore or from someone who is kind enough to help a brother in need....besides, am new to linux and this laptop happen to be my first laptop and i will also love a guide or a link to the guide for dualbootin it with windows 7. I live in owerri, imo state and will be happy if i meet any linux geek from this area. thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ubuntu Linux by brightk(m): 8:35am On Sep 16, 2014
Gospel367: I want to install a flavour of linux on an old laptop and I have decided to go for linux mint 13 xfce but the problem is that the size of the iso image is too large (up to 820mb) and i doubt any of nigerian network will be fast enough to download it and even if it fast, i dont have cash now to subscribe for a plan. So I want to know whether it is possible to get these my choice of linux flavour that is already burned into a cd or dvd at a minimal cost or from someone who already used it or does not need it anymore or from someone who is kind enough to help a brother in need....besides, am new to linux and this laptop happen to be my first laptop and i will also love a guide or a link to the guide for dualbootin it with windows 7. I live in owerri, imo state and will be happy if i meet any linux geek from this area. thanks
owerri far l 4rm delta.. i for help u...
Re: Ubuntu Linux by Gospel367: 10:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
brightk: owerri far l 4rm delta.. i for help u...
I guess that means you cant in anyway get it across to owerri but thanks for trying and replying.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by brightk(m): 11:28pm On Sep 16, 2014
Gospel367: I guess that means you cant in anyway get it across to owerri but thanks for trying and replying.
i dont know how much i can use in parceling it down 2 u.. abi u nor go find me small tin... it should not be less dan 2k plus eye saw make i say 3k.. warri 2 owerri is abt 2500 or thereabout..
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dljbd1(m): 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
Good morning pals, smiley

I'm having a little challenge with my wireless adapter on Kali Linux 1.0.9. Though it's working but for the purpose of my on-going project I'd love you guys to recommend an external adapter (USB preferably), compatible with Debian OS that I can use. smiley

I did a couple of researches and found one Alfa model adapter but I rather consult great and experienced Linuxians from this thread than to enter 1-chance grin

Thank you for your time. cool
Re: Ubuntu Linux by purplekayc(m): 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
dljbd1: Good morning pals, smiley

I'm having a little challenge with my wireless adapter on Kali Linux 1.0.9. Though it's working but for the purpose of my on-going project I'd love you guys to recommend an external adapter (USB preferably), compatible with Debian OS that I can use. smiley

I did a couple of researches and found one Alfa model adapter but I rather consult great and experienced Linuxians from this thread than to enter 1-chance grin

Thank you for your time. cool
let me get u right.you looking for a usb device that can work on debian ?
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dljbd1(m): 1:32pm On Sep 17, 2014
purplekayc: let me get u right.you looking for a usb device that can work on debian ?
Yeap. A usb wireless adapter for detecting and connecting to wireless.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by purplekayc(m): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
dljbd1: Yeap. A usb wireless adapter for detecting and connecting to wireless.
debian is a universal ,OS am sure it can detect any good adapter.
You can look for one from a friend and try it out first.
Re: Ubuntu Linux by dljbd1(m): 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2014
purplekayc: debian is a universal ,OS am sure it can detect any good adapter.
You can look for one from a friend and try it out first.
Good to know cheesy
I will find one to testrun.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (175) (Reply)

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.