Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,393 members, 7,947,659 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

How Much Of Your Earnings Do You Spend On Transport And Rent? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Of Your Earnings Do You Spend On Transport And Rent? (1572 Views)

How Much Do You Spend On Lunch Per Day? / How Much Do You Spend On Transportation To Work On Daily Basis? / 7 Ways Low Income Earners Can Make The Most Out Of Their Earnings. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Of Your Earnings Do You Spend On Transport And Rent? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 04, 2013
I work in Lagos and I spend N25000 on transport each month. Crazy?.

I'm about renting an apartment, no need to mention the type but let's say a humble place to stay and the cost will take 30% of my salary. Its starting to no make sense to me again.

Life in Lagos. Just wanna know from bachelors on here. What percentage of ur salary do you spend on rent or is wise to spend on rent in Lagos.

I work at Lekki and I'm looking at Yaba, ebute metta.
Re: How Much Of Your Earnings Do You Spend On Transport And Rent? by yamakuza: 7:20pm On Jan 04, 2013
i'ld also like to know, especially how those that earn less than N50k/mth survive.
[s]
considering the fact that some get N30k+/mth for just waking up, i wonder why people rush those sub N50k jobs
[/s]
Re: How Much Of Your Earnings Do You Spend On Transport And Rent? by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 05, 2013
Less than 50k?. Well I'm nt surprised. It is well.

I learnt 1 shud nt spend more than 30% of ones salary on rent.
Re: How Much Of Your Earnings Do You Spend On Transport And Rent? by yamakuza: 4:55am On Jan 05, 2013
richarts: Less than 50k?. Well I'm nt surprised. It is well.

if you are spending about 30% of your salary on yaba rent, then i dont think N25k is too much on tfare from that same salary.

guess it comes to like N1k/day or N500 to/fro.

getting a car might be cheaper, or car pooling with others.
Re: How Much Of Your Earnings Do You Spend On Transport And Rent? by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 05, 2013
25k is 30% of my gross earnings so u know what I mean.

Its just crazy... What do u know about Yaba rent?
Re: How Much Of Your Earnings Do You Spend On Transport And Rent? by yamakuza: 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
richarts: Less than 50k?. Well I'm nt surprised. It is well.

richarts: 25k is 30% of my gross earnings so u know what I mean.

Its just crazy... What do u know about Yaba rent?

its very easy to get data on rent across Nigeria, and so is calculating 100%

well, if N25k is 30% and you are also paying rent, then i think its important to cut down expenses and/or increase your income.

(1) (Reply)

2nd Class Upper Graduate That Earns 15,000 / How To Choose The Right Career Path / Boy Constructs A Chainless Bicycle At Air Force Institute Of Technology, Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.