Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,322 members, 7,888,011 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:34 PM

Unilag 2013/2014/admission - Education (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag 2013/2014/admission (388852 Views)

University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / UNIZIK 2013/2014 Postgraduate Form Out For Sale / University Of Lagos(unilag) 2013/2014 Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (415) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by farano(f): 7:00am On Jun 10, 2013
DONMAYOR19: not talkin on dis sha
Y?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by farano(f): 7:23am On Jun 10, 2013
DONMAYOR19: hmmmmmm...lecturer, prof, tutor...na wa ooo...all dat 4 1 person, well I can't realy review my identity now! But I will only tell U̶̲̥̅̊ dat I may b 1 of dem, and wil also tell you dat english has nva b my subject, my area of specialization is phy xpecialy plus maths
Do u no if dea will b any form of test for DE aspirants?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:34am On Jun 10, 2013
@farano:
Do u no if dea will b any form of test for DE aspirants?
I don't tink so bro, unilag only accept dinstiction, and how many people dey fit get dinstiction from good poly like yabatech or sch like nekede, provided U̶̲̥̅̊ got dinstiction in ur ND, U̶̲̥̅̊ have like 70% of admission into unilag already, base on my observation oº°˚ ˚°º ....mornin U̶̲̥̅̊ ol
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Lurve(f): 7:40am On Jun 10, 2013
@ donmayor can you pleeeeaassssseeee briefly explain the rules of concord?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by labodinho: 7:41am On Jun 10, 2013
Bonjour!!! Aw was yur nyt?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by farano(f): 7:46am On Jun 10, 2013
DONMAYOR19: I don't tink so bro, unilag only accept dinstiction, and how many people dey fit get dinstiction from good poly like yabatech or sch like nekede, provided U̶̲̥̅̊ got dinstiction in ur ND, U̶̲̥̅̊ have like 70% of admission into unilag already, base on my observation oº°˚ ˚°º ....mornin U̶̲̥̅̊ ol
Wat of nce into faculty of edu?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by farano(f): 7:47am On Jun 10, 2013
labodinho: Bonjour!!! Aw was yur nyt?
was cool & urs?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by yemmytcm(m): 7:56am On Jun 10, 2013
#yawns and stretches arms#...good morning everyone ! Luv ya...its another wk. Any news or even rumour about anything,post it here but classify which one it is o....15,650 got above 200,it is well !
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by rashywire: 8:18am On Jun 10, 2013
gud mawning my fellow aspirants, hw was ya 9t? any Rumour, pls post. G.P and english questions pls
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by farano(f): 8:26am On Jun 10, 2013
yemmytcm: #yawns and stretches arms#...good morning everyone ! Luv ya...its another wk. Any news or even rumour about anything,post it here but classify which one it is o....15,650 got above 200,it is well !
how u dey?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:35am On Jun 10, 2013
Lurve: @ donmayor can you pleeeeaassssseeee briefly explain the rules of concord?
morning bro, lemme just tell U̶̲̥̅̊ d basic tin under lexiz and structure, lexis are d nearest/opposite in meaning questions, while structure is how english is being constructed, and evrytin under structure come under structure, wich mean d agreement betwen a subject and a verb, or betwen a verb and other elements of clause structure...d rules of concord are like 17, depending on d textbook U̶̲̥̅̊ using anyway, some can merge 2rules 2 b 1..so I can't realy stick on d 17 rules, some of d rules are (1)subject/verb concord-it state dat singular subject attract singular verb, same 2 plural subject attract plural verb, e.g she cries evry mornin...U̶̲̥̅̊ can see dat singular subject(she) attract singular verb(cries) not cry, but in a case of ...they cry evry mornin...plural subject(they) attract plural verb(cry)...(2)anoda rule of concord I'd d principle of proximity, wich means nearness. Questions like dis will b base of multiple subject questions, and on most cases U̶̲̥̅̊ always see d word either or/neither nor....weneva U̶̲̥̅̊ see a question with those 2 words, U̶̲̥̅̊ see multiple subject, but go with d subject dat is nearness 2 d gap....e.g either john or you ......to go, (A)is,(B)are,(C)was, (D)them...U̶̲̥̅̊ can analiz d question to b sometin like dis, U̶̲̥̅̊ can see dat we hav 2 subject in d question, 'john and you', but john is d subject dat is coser(nearness) to d gap, so dat is wot U̶̲̥̅̊ take as d main subject, so lest go...(A)you is to go, (B)you are to go, (C)you was to go, (D) you them to go..clearly d answer is B-you are to go...anoda example from ume question is dis...either the chief of d village or the leader of the farmers .....to be held responsible for the revolt...(A)were, (B)are, (C)is (D)have, let's annaliz d question, U̶̲̥̅̊ can see dat d LEADER(1person wich is d subject, singular attract singular) of d farmers, so from d option, wich is singular, ofcourse only 'IS' U̶̲̥̅̊ need not read d questionn twice, oda option are attract plural verb so dey are all wrong cxept optin (c)is wich is d only singular...note dat from d 1st example, YOU attract ARE bcox 'YOU' and 'I' are d 2 subject that always attract plural verb, will xplain dat lata...neither nor also function as either or, so I will assume U̶̲̥̅̊ apply d same techniques to both, d nxt concord rule is accompany concord, no time to type dat 1, coz is much, but refer to ur textbooks 4 all d rules...Success as normal
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by farano(f): 8:36am On Jun 10, 2013
Get ready 4 morning exercise. Stretch ur legs, arms,...
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by DONMAYOR19(m): 8:36am On Jun 10, 2013
@farano:
Wat of nce into faculty of edu?
same rules apply as ND
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by damosky12(m): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2013
This thread really reminds me of the Last years own. Choi! Some of those guys are in skul nw (even though they scored lesser marks). Hmmm. The course we choose matters o. If you are going for Law, Nursing or Medicine; never prepare like others do. You gotta do and work more.. Their cut-offs could be way lower than yours.
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by MrCalculus(m): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2013
Plz tel us d names of textbooks we can refer to in other 2 learn concord,lexis and structure and b gud at it@donmayor
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by oyestephen(m): 9:11am On Jun 10, 2013
@farano:
Goodmoring to everyone in d house. How was ur 9th?
very fine miss. How was yours ?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by oyestephen(m): 9:15am On Jun 10, 2013
@donmayor thanx bro for the explanantions...phew!!! you've helped me a lot.....
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:20am On Jun 10, 2013
Mr Calculus: Plz tel us d names of textbooks we can refer to in other 2 learn concord,lexis and structure and b gud at it@donmayor
A-Z of jamb use of english and invisible teacher both by dele ashade and fundamental formular of english language by Barr Oscar, U̶̲̥̅̊ guys should try as much as possible to practice read(practice) dis 3 textbooks above plus solve all ur past question from 1978 til 2013, I bet you, with dis all d questions U̶̲̥̅̊ will see in ur exam wil b wot I call look and shade, i.e U̶̲̥̅̊ don't need 2 tink twice b4 pickin option bcoz dey will already b a knw(I mean well knw) questions 2 U̶̲̥̅̊....all sch in 9ja make use of past questions in putme(@least 80% of d questions are 4rm jamb past qusetion) I knw wot I'm sayin as I'm use 2 all d past questions in english, maths n phy, and all d past question U̶̲̥̅̊ guys hav b postin here, are all 4rm past question of jamb...read hard, U̶̲̥̅̊ will laugh @ d end..I bet U̶̲̥̅̊ ol with dat statement
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Lurve(f): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2013
DONMAYOR19: morning bro, lemme just tell U̶̲̥̅̊ d basic tin under lexiz and structure, lexis are d nearest/opposite in meaning questions, while structure is how english is being constructed, and evrytin under structure come under structure, wich mean d agreement betwen a subject and a verb, or betwen a verb and other elements of clause structure...d rules of concord are like 17, depending on d textbook U̶̲̥̅̊ using anyway, some can merge 2rules 2 b 1..so I can't realy stick on d 17 rules, some of d rules are (1)subject/verb concord-it state dat singular subject attract singular verb, same 2 plural subject attract plural verb, e.g she cries evry mornin...U̶̲̥̅̊ can see dat singular subject(she) attract singular verb(cries) not cry, but in a case of ...they cry evry mornin...plural subject(they) attract plural verb(cry)...(2)anoda rule of concord I'd d principle of proximity, wich means nearness. Questions like dis will b base of multiple subject questions, and on most cases U̶̲̥̅̊ always see d word either or/neither nor....weneva U̶̲̥̅̊ see a question with those 2 words, U̶̲̥̅̊ see multiple subject, but go with d subject dat is nearness 2 d gap....e.g either john or you ......to go, (A)is,(B)are,(C)was, (D)them...U̶̲̥̅̊ can analiz d question to b sometin like dis, U̶̲̥̅̊ can see dat we hav 2 subject in d question, 'john and you', but john is d subject dat is coser(nearness) to d gap, so dat is wot U̶̲̥̅̊ take as d main subject, so lest go...(A)you is to go, (B)you are to go, (C)you was to go, (D) you them to go..clearly d answer is B-you are to go...anoda example from ume question is dis...either the chief of d village or the leader of the farmers .....to be held responsible for the revolt...(A)were, (B)are, (C)is (D)have, let's annaliz d question, U̶̲̥̅̊ can see dat d LEADER(1person wich is d subject, singular attract singular) of d farmers, so from d option, wich is singular, ofcourse only 'IS' U̶̲̥̅̊ need not read d questionn twice, oda option are attract plural verb so dey are all wrong cxept optin (c)is wich is d only singular...note dat from d 1st example, YOU attract ARE bcox 'YOU' and 'I' are d 2 subject that always attract plural verb, will xplain dat lata...neither nor also function as either or, so I will assume U̶̲̥̅̊ apply d same techniques to both, d nxt concord rule is accompany concord, no time to type dat 1, coz is much, but refer to ur textbooks 4 all d rules...Success as normal
thanks and i'm a girl
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2013
Lurve: thanks and i'm a girl
ok and sorry for d tag 'guy' i use for U̶̲̥̅̊ b4
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by farano(f): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2013
1. I sent - news to d press yesterdy. a)a parcel of. b)a flash of. c)an item of. d)a number of....2. The universe has a large collection of sporting- a)equipment b)equipments c)costumes d)aids....3. He keeps his- clean always a)surrounding b)surroundings c)premises d)environments....4. She has a set of gold- a)earing b)earings c)earrings d)ear-ring....5. I have stopped writing letters of application because I - that all the vacancies are filled. a)have heard b)had heard c)heard d)hear....6. One of d - selective making of errors. a)schools of thought suggests b)schools of thought suggest c)schools of thoughts suggested d)schools of thought suggests....7. From 7a.m to 9a.m, he- hot chocolate, often not his Owen breakfast having time. a)is kept busy serving b)keeps busy to serve c)is busied serving d)kept busy to serve....8. Our principal and chairman of the occasion - just arrived. a)have b)has c)having d)had....9. A survey of opinions on how pupils feel about their teachers - carried out. a)has been b)have been c)are being d)is been....10. The police are looking for- a)two big cars black b)two cars big black c)two big black cars d)two black cars. (UNIZIK PAST UTME, to b contd)
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by oladoya(m): 9:41am On Jun 10, 2013
rashywire: one of the boys who ......... to our house ......... died (a) comes/has (b) comes/have (c) come/have (d) come/has
A
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:44am On Jun 10, 2013
@farano:
1. I sent - news to d press yesterdy. a)a parce of. b)a flash of. c)an item of. d)a number of....2. The universe has a large collection of sporting- a)equipments b)equipment c)costumes d)aids....3. He keeps his- clean always a)surrounding b)surroundings c)premises d)environments....4. She has a set of gold- a)earing b)earings c)earrings d)ear-ring....5. I have stopped writing letters of application because I - that all the vacancies are filled. a)have heard b)had heard c)heard d)hear....6. One of d - selective making of errors. a)schools of thought suggests b)schools of thought suggest c)schools of thoughts suggested d)schools of thought suggests....7. From 7a.m to 9a.m, he- hot chocolate, often not his Owen breakfast having time. a)is kept busy serving b)keeps busy to serve c)is busied serving d)kept busy to serve....8. Our principal and bhairman of the occasion - just arrived. a)have b)has c)having d)had....9. A survey of opinions on hot pupils feel about their teachers - carried out. a)has been b)have been c)are being d)is been....10. The police are looking for- a)two big cars black b)two car big black c)two big black cars d)two black cars. (UNIZIK PAST UTME, to b contd)
great...I tot U̶̲̥̅̊ ₩ђЄƦЄ actauly postin these questions from jamb past questions until I read d plce U̶̲̥̅̊ said is UNnIZIK past utme questions, I'm not commentin anytin concernin d solution now, but mayb I wil xplain some of d questions and how to approach den lata...tanx 4 postin it
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:46am On Jun 10, 2013
oladoya: A
A is wrong, B is d correct answer, plural verb/singular verb....and only B obey such law
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by oladoya(m): 9:48am On Jun 10, 2013
labodinho: Okay,tanx for dis explanation.You knw has,have and had are jst the basics of fill in the gap which is an occuring qustn for post utme unilag.Tanx a lot.Got more details frm u nw.
ho boy just go for A1 in english, very interesting. Anomalous verbs i.e has have and had are well explained there
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by yemmytcm(m): 9:49am On Jun 10, 2013
@farano:
how u dey?
fyn jere....and I hope youre also fyn,lemme add you na...do you own any social network account?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Lurve(f): 10:03am On Jun 10, 2013
DONMAYOR19: ok and sorry for d tag 'guy' i use for U̶̲̥̅̊ b4
no p,in a pq i saw more grease to your elbow,in another i saw that more power to your elbow was the correct thing,which is it?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by farano(f): 10:04am On Jun 10, 2013
yemmytcm: fyn jere....and I hope youre also fyn,lemme add you na...do you own any social network account?
lemme add u on whatsapp
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by farano(f): 10:06am On Jun 10, 2013
Omosivie,:
1 Who hosted the 2008 olympics?
2 When did Ken saro wiwa die?
3 Lagos became a crown colony in what year?
4 Who is the current chairman of Ecowas?
5 Who invented the telephone?
6 The first African to serve as Sec gen in UNO is?
7 Who led the jihad to Nupe?
8 The former name for the present Zimbabwe is?
9 Taxation started in what part of Nigeria?
10 The name of the parliament in Nigeria is called?
11 The river Niger takes its source from?
12 The largest city in the world is?
13 How many countries are in Africa?
14 Who was the first prime minister in Britian?
15 The longest serving prime minister was?
16 The first person to develop Nuclear bomb was?
17 The name of India's first missle lauch is?
18 Las vegas is a state in which country?
19 When was the terrorist attack on Usa?
20 What's the main tribe in Rwanda?
CORRECTION PLS
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by yemmytcm(m): 10:06am On Jun 10, 2013
@farano:
1. I sent - news to d press yesterdy. a)a parcel of. b)a flash of. c)an item of. d)a number of....2. The universe has a large collection of sporting- a)equipment b)equipments c)costumes d)aids....3. He keeps his- clean always a)surrounding b)surroundings c)premises d)environments....4. She has a set of gold- a)earing b)earings c)earrings d)ear-ring....5. I have stopped writing letters of application because I - that all the vacancies are filled. a)have heard b)had heard c)heard d)hear....6. One of d - selective making of errors. a)schools of thought suggests b)schools of thought suggest c)schools of thoughts suggested d)schools of thought suggests....7. From 7a.m to 9a.m, he- hot chocolate, often not his Owen breakfast having time. a)is kept busy serving b)keeps busy to serve c)is busied serving d)kept busy to serve....8. Our principal and chairman of the occasion - just arrived. a)have b)has c)having d)had....9. A survey of opinions on how pupils feel about their teachers - carried out. a)has been b)have been c)are being d)is been....10. The police are looking for- a)two big cars black b)two cars big black c)two big black cars d)two black cars. (UNIZIK PAST UTME, to b contd)
C,A,A,D,C,B,A,A,A,C
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:07am On Jun 10, 2013
Lurve: no p,in a pq i saw more grease to your elbow,in another i saw that more power to your elbow was the correct thing,which is it?
more grease is totaly wrong, U̶̲̥̅̊ can either use more power to ur elbow or U̶̲̥̅̊ use more strenght to ur elbow..both 'power' n 'strenght' are correct perfectly
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by MrCalculus(m): 10:09am On Jun 10, 2013
@farano
(1-4)A
(5)C
(6)B
(7) A
(coolB
(9)D
(10)C

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (415) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes / Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. / Unilag 2014/2015 Admission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.