Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,173 members, 7,903,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:24 PM

Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? (1233 Views)

Failed JAMB? There Is Still Hope For You..read This.... / Didn't pass your post utme exam?....there is still hope / Is There Still Hope For Pending And Withheld Results? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by Emmzalon: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2013
Just thought it could help out a colleague of mine going through this certain problem if I share what's making his heart beat,faster and faster each day. He had the aim of making at least a 2nd class upper,but some complications he was unable to handle collapsed his GPA. The funniest part there is that he was in a school and was almost at 400level before he opted out because of his bad GPA and now that he's in another school,his GPA is not also doing good in the 1st semester of the 1st year of his recent school. He was my secondary school mate,so I was even his reading mate thereby luring him to read even if he dosnt want to back in the secondary school days. So he told me his plight some few days back when we met at a supermarket. Please what will you have him do with this critical state he's in?
Re: Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by iamtheprincipal: 12:21am On Jan 05, 2013
Though the grading system of Nigerian Universities differ, there is still much hope for your friend making a 2.1 since he is still in his first year and he MUST sit up on his studies henceforth.

1 Like

Re: Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by Lagusta(m): 7:27am On Jan 05, 2013
well, I want to know what is really wrong: is it his reading pattern, or he goes to parties/clubs or he has a lady molesting his life, or he always goes to fellowship/ assalatu

Please I want to know, before I give any response...
Re: Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 05, 2013
@lagusta i dont know about the poster's friend but i know many peepz who cant bend down and read,or they may not understand anything when they read.i guess not every body is endowed with brains for academic purpose.
Re: Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by Emmzalon: 11:32am On Jan 05, 2013
Lagusta:

Come, where did these people come from This is serious business, not a joke!!!

@op, well, I want to know what is really wrong: is it his reading pattern, or he goes to parties/clubs or he has a lady molesting his life, or he always goes to fellowship/ assalatu

He's a little bit social though but I think he's major weakness is his reading pattern,cause I cld rmemba wen still in d secondary schl,he's always not in d mood of reading unless he's lured to.
Re: Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by ControG(m): 8:02pm On Jan 23, 2013
Whether He can still make 2:1 depends many factors: some of Which 're.:He must first identify the problem ns proffer solutions to it..If He reads hard nd understands..He must grad well..if He maintains a 4.0 Gpa in subsequent levels..He will make it...
Re: Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by SBabaJ(m): 6:36am On Jan 24, 2013
ControG: Whether He can still make 2:1 depends many factors: some of Which 're.:He must first identify the problem ns proffer solutions to it..If He reads hard nd understands..He must grad well..if He maintains a 4.0 Gpa in subsequent levels..He will make it...
No, He Won't.
He Needs At Least A 4.2 In The Remaining Three Years. (Subject To Credit Load Per Year, And Method Of Calculating CGPA In The School)
Re: Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by SBabaJ(m): 6:37am On Jan 24, 2013
Lagusta:

Come, where did these people come from This is serious business, not a joke!!!

@op, well, I want to know what is really wrong: is it his reading pattern, or he goes to parties/clubs or he has a lady molesting his life, or he always goes to fellowship/ assalatu

You Should Have Asked Him These Questions....
Re: Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by Lagusta(m): 8:44am On Jan 24, 2013
If its his reading pattern, then I advise he joins a group discussion forum... He may gain a lot there...

OR, he reads at short intervals... If he reads for 10mins and he gains something, its better than reading 3hrs and gains nothing...

Well....
Re: Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by topmostg: 10:48am On Mar 10, 2013
Lagusta: If its his reading pattern, then I advise he joins a group discussion forum... He may gain a lot there...

OR, he reads at short intervals... If he reads for 10mins and he gains something, its better than reading 3hrs and gains nothing...

Well....
now i dont wanna sound pathetic mate but what do you mean by group of discussion forum?
Do you mean classmates tutoring each other or forum for this nl?
Re: Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
With 1.5 gpa, he should commit 'academic suicide'.
Re: Is There Still Hope For Him With A 1.5GPA? by adbaba(m): 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
He culd stil come out with a 2nd class upper...it takes so many factors

.knowing urself,his weakness and working against it.get a book and write wat u want 2 achieve and set target 4 every goal...HE must sacrifice dose tins dat givs him pleasure.and do more of 'on point study'...(knowing d pattern d skul sets her questions and study specificaly 4 dat)..THE ultimate tin is dat he shuld draw a strategy on a plain sheet and follow it strictly.putting God 1st.
I used it, It RILY WORKS.
He shuld neva giv up smiley He culd stil come out with a 2nd class upper...it takes so many factors

.knowing urself,his weakness and working against it.get a book and write wat u want 2 achieve and set target 4 every goal...HE must sacrifice dose tins dat givs him pleasure.and do more of 'on point study'...(knowing d pattern d skul sets her questions and study specificaly 4 dat)..THE ultimate tin is dat he shuld draw a strategy on a plain sheet and follow it strictly.putting God 1st.
I used it, It RILY WORKS.
He shuld neva giv up

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Drunk Lecturer Kills 3 Students At Kogi State Polytechnic / Former ASUU President Says Union Members Are Ready To Stike For 3 To 5 Years. / Unn Results So Interesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.