Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,714 members, 7,938,170 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:07 PM

Marriage: How Do You Feel About This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: How Do You Feel About This (1134 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / Long Distance Marriage, How Do You Cope? / No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by zangiff(m): 8:36pm On Jan 05, 2013
As a female, how do you feel when your younger sister got married before you...its really painful but what will you do ?
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by hrmkz: 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
Its a thing of the mind.
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by zangiff(m): 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2013
but very touching
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by ATMC(f): 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ndi igbo si onye ji ego kwaa nna na oburo diokpara gbulu nna!
Y would i feel different? Its normal na, its not abnormal. Afterall sometimes younger sisters gain admission, get phone, etc first so y should their marrying first be issue? If it happens but god forbid o lol, i'll feel somehow sha but i'll get over it and moreover she has a different destiny from mine...na wa o, live and let live joor...onye na way ya tins lol
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by zangiff(m): 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
yea, the destiny is different but the lady in question does not even have a boyfriend not to talk of marriage.but she is depressed
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by coldgate(f): 9:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
This is not strange. What is strange is the African society which has made it stereo-typical that an older sibling should get married before the younger. The older sibling is then put under so much pressure and scrutiny. This is the period to show her love. I mean more love and respect than ever before. Remember that at this time perceived hurt could be seen as gloating and her displeasure would be heightened if she perceives that you are using your new status to lord yourself over her. We were not all born the same day and we all have our paths carved out for us. For every man, there is a season...
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by zangiff(m): 5:03am On Jan 06, 2013
coldgate: This is not strange. What is strange is the African society which has made it stereo-typical that an older sibling should get married before the younger. The older sibling is then put under so much pressure and scrutiny. This is the period to show her love. I mean more love and respect than ever before. Remember that at this time perceived hurt could be seen as gloating and her displeasure would be heightened if she perceives that you are using your new status to lord yourself over her. We were not all born the same day and we all have our paths carved out for us. For every man, there is a season...

i believe this...thanks
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by ATMC(f): 6:07am On Jan 06, 2013
zangiff: yea, the destiny is different but the lady in question does not even have a boyfriend not to talk of marriage.but she is depressed
she should relax, she'll get married afterall

Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by zangiff(m): 6:55am On Jan 06, 2013
her time will come
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by greatgod2012(f): 6:59am On Jan 06, 2013
This is one of d wrong reasons for getting married,,,,,,"ehnnnnn, all my younger ones are married, i must get married this year by fire, by force, therefore, if any guy should come my way, i wont even hesitate before marrying him"

if one is not careful, and end up caging him/herself because of frusration, desperation and pressure from pple, it is that person that will suffer for it, it is better to wait for one's time than rushing into marriage without necessary consideratin, consultation and preparation. Destiny differs, d bible says, even, if d vision tarries, it shall surely come, and also that there is time for everything.....time to learn, may be God is preparing you to learn. So, relax, everybody's time will definately come, dont be bitter, dont be frustrated and dont be too hasty or desperate. As for those who are already married, rejoice with them, learn from them and you stand a chance of even knowing more than them before getting married, which is always an added advantage.
I, as a person got married at d age of 30, and thank God, i never regretted getting married at that age, i was able to learn more from my married friends and siblings, which is one of d things im applying and enjoying in my marriage.

Above all, you deserve to be happy, life is more important than marriage, i mean, its better to remain single than go into marriage for wrong reasons and experience hell in d marriage. If you ever see who is in wrong marriage, ask d person, he/she will tell you that, it is better to remain single than get entangled in a bad/sour marriage.
May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by zangiff(m): 8:35am On Jan 06, 2013
thanks for the word...very encouraging
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 06, 2013
Nothing, Life is not a 100 meters dash, it is a marathon, sometimes you are ahead sometimes you are behind what is most important is you run your own race and stop looking at others to see if they have passed you or are behind you, if you do that you will surely come last.
Marriage happens only when you have found someone worth it who can make you happy and not because others older or younger are married.
Stop competing with anyone, live well, serve God, serve the poor and live the life God has planned for you stop looking side ways and pitying your self.
There will always be others better than you and others you will be better than. Live with it, pity party does no good.
Celebrate with your younger ones and facce your own life.
Marriage is not a competition

1 Like

Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by justmoore: 9:08am On Jan 06, 2013
zangiff: As a female, how do you feel when your younger sister got married before you...its really painful but what will you do ?

Though destiny differs really but most ladies of now adays they believe they are still young when MR RIGHT comes at 23-28 even when they have gotten what they 'needed' (graduated, successful business, etc) they still believe that there's still time for them to enjoy life which is not true but when they believe they are 'ready' (may be seeing others getting married) they will now go and fall victim.
I'm not a female anyway, but the truth is;
you need to be careful, don't be desperate about it and when you get someone, study him and be honest don't double date because it ruines.
Have this in mind that, there is no marriage without issue either small or big, there must be an issue. It all depend on how you handle it.
I am married before my elder brother and he is happy about it and now he's getting married next month of which am his best man.

TAKE YOUR TIME LADY AND BE PRAYERFUL, GOD'S TIME IS THE BEST
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by zangiff(m): 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
thanks
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by zangiff(m): 3:47pm On Jan 06, 2013
I LIKE THIS COMMENT HERE...THANKS
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by iyanla247: 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
at times very frustrating but she gat move on..she will surely get hers
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by iyanla247: 3:57pm On Jan 06, 2013
it happens many times
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by zangiff(m): 5:44pm On Jan 06, 2013
keep it coming..i appreciate ur comment
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by safeLove(f): 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
What's the big deal?
BTW,great post@ Greatgod. I also got hooked at 30. Years after graduation. Mine was I had to wait till hubby travelled to school and back. I never felt left out,instead I used the time to sharpen my baking and catering skills.
Everyone has their appointed time. There's no race when it comes to marriage. The important thing is to end up with YOUR own partner.
The lady should occupy herself and time with useful things,her man will soon come and sweep her off her feet (if there's anything like that).
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by Gambrosia: 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2013
If she likes. . . she can h-enter HEAVEN OR HELL before me.
Not my gaddem business!
I LIVE IN MY OWN WORLD. . . no competition with ANYONE. . .in life or in death! cool
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by zangiff(m): 9:36pm On Jan 06, 2013
true talk
Re: Marriage: How Do You Feel About This by zangiff(m): 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
thanks for the comment...learnt so much

(1) (Reply)

Woman Aims To Have Sex With 100,000 Men / First Nairaland Baby Of The Year; Welcome!!!! / Mexican Woman Performs Self Caesarean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.