Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,727 members, 7,875,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

The Main Good Ingredients that A Job Seeker Must Have - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Main Good Ingredients that A Job Seeker Must Have (597 Views)

Wonders Of Volunteering..job Seeker Must Read / Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression / Important information!every Job Seeker Must Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Main Good Ingredients that A Job Seeker Must Have by Nnabugwu8590: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
The followings are the main good ingredients that a serious and focused job seeker must have for him/her to do any type of job application that he/she wants to make,be it local government job/state job/federal job/bank job/fmcg job/oil and gas job/international job etc. These ingredients are numerically stated below:
1. Have faith in God, believe in God and work simultaneously with your faith coupled with patience.
2. Must have a professional email address. For example: kingsley.damilorara@yahoo.com not hotsexbaby4luv@yahoo.com. The second email makes you to be unprofessional, irresponsible, informal and unserious in your job hunting.
3. Send your latest unique CV to your email. Note that your CV must be free from grammatical and spelling errors.
4. Construct a cover letter template and send it to your email. When you want to make any application,just change the recipient's address,date,title and position applying for,from that your cover letter template. 5. Scan all your credentials(o/level, degrees,nysc discharge,birth certificate,professional qualifications,Local Government Area Identification certificate,passport ,recomendation letter/s from your referee/s) and send them to your email. All of them must be in a pdf format and JPEG format not more than 150kb in size except your CV and cover letter that must be in MS word. Reasons: Most federal online application jobs need all documents to be in JPEG while most private online applications need all documents to be in pdf.
5. Learn/Know how to search for job from the internet and from the daily newspapers, but beware of scammers. 6. Learn/know how to make an online application by yourself. Reasons: There are some online applications that deal with online test in which the person that is doing the online application for you may not know anything for the test or will not be in the field where the likely questions will be asked from. The person may not be as intelligent as you are but because he/she is the one doing the application for you, you will accept whatever that he/she says whether right or wrong. Imagine a scenerio where a school dropout is writing a cover letter for a graduate simple because the graduate does not know how to make use of the internet.
7. Learn/know how to upload your credentials from your email when needed while doing your online application.
8. Beware of online application that has no web site,is most likely to be a fake recruitment.
9. Try to have an account with Linkedin and make sure you always update your profile so that it can be up to 90% complete. Make connections with people on Linkedin, follow companies there, job-hunt there, join professional groups that relate to your course of study, create a topic to those groups and make it an open discussion.
10. For those of us that want to work in oil and gas companies, try and register with Rigzone and look for jobs there.
When you have the above ingredients, i bet you that you are good to make any type of job application. I strongly believe that this my post will do a good to some persons. Let us help one another for this job hunting of a thing because no one knows everything. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: The Main Good Ingredients that A Job Seeker Must Have by Nnabugwu8590: 12:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
Just feel like reintroducing this topic for the out-going 2012 batch C corp members to get ready for their job hunting actions

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Recruitment!!! / Aviation Ticketing And Reservation Training.where Can I Get That In Portharcourt / Sales Girl Wanted In An Eatry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.