Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,474 members, 7,914,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 08:16 PM

Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler (4536 Views)

16yr Old Student Arrested For Insulting Turkish President / Rapist & Murderer Pictured Walking To The Gallows To Face Execution In Kuwaiti / Kuwaiti Woman Jailed For 11 YEARS For Tweeting The Nation's Ruler Be Overthrown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by Demdem(m): 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
Wonderful grin grin so we now realize that Kuwait shouldnt be compared to Nigeria in whatever way since both are incomparable. grin grin
This is a message and lesson to the OP who originally made this the aim of this thread:

ogb5: If this were to happen in Nigeria, nairaland would have been toast.

In Nigeria, gone are the days when we pray for our thieves and animals we elect has leaders. These ones dont give a damn about us. And they tell us this pointblank even on live TV. Insults seems to be working at least they hear that one and even release press statement as regards this grin grin

Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
Bélla3: Is kuwait up to 1/30 of Nigerias population?
Is Nigeria half as rich as Kuwait(consider population)?
Does Kuwait have useless lawless citizens that would keep insulting the government about being corrupt but would both give and take bribe, vandalize amenities, pay for their children to pass exams, dash money to pastors with private jets and ignore widows etc?
Does kuwait have senseless people that prefer virgins in heaven(that they arent even sure of)?
Does kuwait have tribal goats and bigots as citizens?

This is to those 'good' citizens that would insult leaders, while being part of the problem.

So, Kuwait is now your model country? If we were talking about Western countries like Sweden or USA, I would understand your comment.

Yes

-Kuwait has both tribal goats and racism in their country. There is hate there for indians and other Asian expatriates
-Nigeria is also a rich country.
-Nigeria produces more internationally known intellectuals than Kuwait
-There is also corruption in Kuwait and some of their students also cheat- from personal experience
Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by ForNow: 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2013
andyanders:

You have nothing to contribute here and you can get off. what do you mean by what you just stated? Do we have sincere and transparent leaders free of corruption? what do you mean by saying insultive?
Tell me our leaders who are free from corrupt practices you mr/ms right? We have the worst corrupt leaders who are very insensitive of the governed. Our leaders steal to stupor. Tell me a descent or sane person or leader that will still like Obori? If not for UK court, Ibori will be, maybe by now, contesting to be a chairman of the Board of Trustee of PDP. I believe you or your father is a corrupt person hence your statement. You have right to insult a corrupt person because that person has failed to respect himself.
Go to Kuwait and see the way the government takes care of her citizens.

So, never compare our leaders with other leaders of the world. Which office will you go to in Nigeria, that you will not find corruption? From the get, the get man will request for bribe to allow you access to go in. The secretary is there waiting to know if you will smile on him/her. Go to the bank, from the security guys at the get, they only want to be friendly with you when you grease their hands. what a shame.

My dear andyanders and the likes of Demdem, why speak from both sides of your mouths. However you look at it, the society gets the leader they deserve. The society cannot give what it does not have. You said it yourself in the quote, there is not office you get to in Nigeria that people will not demand for bride, from the secretary down to the security personnel/gateman. Even the child unborn knows what corruption is; its what is bedeviling the society and our leaders alone are not to be blamed for it but also the citizenry because we all are guilty of it one way or the other.

What we should be doing is to pray for our leaders to have that political will to stem the tide not minding whose Ox is gord. Even the Kuwait we talking about is still battling with corruption issues. Pls see the link: http://www.arabtimesonline.com/NewsDetails/tabid/96/smid/414/ArticleID/174919/reftab/96/Default.aspx

God bless our leader,
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by Demdem(m): 1:18pm On Jan 07, 2013
For_Now:

My dear andyanders and the likes of Demdem, why speak from both sides of your mouths. However you look at it, the society gets the leader they deserve. The society cannot give what it does not have. You said it yourself in the quote, there is not office you get to in Nigeria that people will not demand for bride, from the secretary down to the security personnel/gateman. Even the child unborn knows what corruption is; its what is bedeviling the society and our leaders alone are not to be blamed for it but also the citizenry because we all are guilty of it one way or the other.

What we should be doing is to pray for our leaders to have that political will to stem the tide not minding whose Ox is gord. Even the Kuwait we talking about is still battling with corruption issues. Pls see the link: http://www.arabtimesonline.com/NewsDetails/tabid/96/smid/414/ArticleID/174919/reftab/96/Default.aspx

God bless our leader,
God bless Nigeria.

Corruption didnt start today and didnt originate from the retardeen. However under the retardeen, it has gone worse contrary to his promise to fight it. he knew about it before he came on board
Understand this, the retardeen has no political will to fight the menace. his insistence in surrounding himself with thieves, liars, subsidy cabals, murderers and their likes suggest to me that Jonathan is unserious. U tell me if prayers can work for such a person undecidedhe has willingly chosen his path
Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by Bella3(f): 1:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

So, Kuwait is now your model country? If we were talking about Western countries like Sweden or USA, I would understand your comment.
REALLY? I understand hw you love 'freedom of speech'. I understand you cant do without insults.Kuwait my 'model' country? Tufiakwa!!

Yes

-Kuwait has both tribal goats and racism in their country. There is hate there for indians and other Asian expatriates
THE WEST ISNT RACIST?shocked.
-Nigeria is also a rich country.
Did u read my post
-Nigeria produces more internationally known intellectuals than Kuwait
AGAIN, did you read my post? Can you even compare the populations?
-There is also corruption in Kuwait and some of their students also cheat- from personal experience
you well so?:-/ it is one thing to cheat and it is another to recieve blessing from supposed 'elders'
Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2013
Bélla3:
REALLY? I understand hw you love 'freedom of speech'. I understand you cant do without insults.Kuwait my 'model' country? Tufiakwa!!
THE WEST ISNT RACIST?shocked.
Did u read my post
AGAIN, did you read my post? Can you even compare the populations?
you well so?:-/ it is one thing to cheat and it is another to recieve blessing from supposed 'elders'

smiley
Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by dejijohns(m): 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
Yomieluv: Nawa ooo,so if na there I dey,I for don dey prison? Well,I no kukuma abuse GEJ pass 10times.
Wit dix glaring evidence, U ar here by sentenced to 10yrs imprisonment wit hard labour...
Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by Bella3(f): 6:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

smiley
grin YAY! I win! First time ever, logicboy surrenders! Yipee!
Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2013
Bélla3: grin YAY! I win! First time ever, logicboy surrenders! Yipee!

Well, arguing on countries is meaningless and you made valid points
Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by Bella3(f): 6:12pm On Jan 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Well, arguing on countries is meaningless and you made valid points
I AM SO TOUCHED! I had no idea you could be 'humble'
cheesycheesy
Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by razznaija(f): 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
ogb5: If this were to happen in Nigeria, nairaland would have been toast.

But a Kuwaiti man, Rashid Saleh al-Anzi, has been sentenced by a court to spend 2 yrs in jail for insulting the Kuwaiti Emir on Twitter.

Avoid Kuwait if you cant stop insulting leaders.

http://news.yahoo.com/kuwaiti-gets-two-years-insulting-emir-twitter-164048425.html

Atleast the Kuwaiti government is very responsible unlike our own government SMH.
Re: Kuwaiti Jailed For 2 Years For Insulting Ruler by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
razznaija:
Atleast the Kuwaiti government is very responsible unlike our own government SMH.

Nonsense!

You are a disservice to humanity and freedom of expression. So, you think two years is good for insulting the authoritarian emir!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Putin Is Just A Noise Maker.. / The Average South African / James Comey Testimony Proves Trump Right, CNN Wrong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.