Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,172 members, 7,890,940 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:28 AM

Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway (7555 Views)

The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo / The Aesthetics And Politics Of Oshodi, Lagos. / Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by maclatunji: 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
naptu2:

I remember when they were rehabilitating the road (I passed by when they were working on the drainage). The job was undertaken by Julius Berger, but it was not completed.

Isn't the point of starting a project to complete it on time and not years later?
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by danot1030: 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2013
earthgreeners:

Fashola is really doing a great Job, presently the LASG is fixing streets roads in major areas...Im sure that road would be attended to in due course....
LASG really needs to do more

i agree with you...
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by naptu2: 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
maclatunji:

Isn't the point of starting a project to complete it on time and not years later?

Exactly
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Olaolufred(m): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
Reference:

Exactly. Why doesn't he just rehab the road and while at it build toll gates right at the port gates. How about taking a nibble at the Federal government's biggest cash cow in Lagos.

Illiteracy or half-literacy at work.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by danot1030: 12:45pm On Jan 07, 2013
omonla10: pls GEJ dont repair dat road. dats traffics is where i have d time to check and reply my mails.update my status, log onto nairaland.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
man,you a funny guy
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by olajay5: 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
dabrake: Let's imagine the road is in a deplorable state, can't fashola repair it himself? He should learn from akpabio who rehabilitated most federal government oriented projects like roads, the university because 'it is a federal road but the majority of people affected are the akwa ibom indigenes. The university is a federal Government institution but 80% of her students are from akwa ibom. . .'
fashola should stop playing stupeeed politics here and fix that road irrespective of its level(whether state or federal) because those affected will be lagosians, that is if gej didn't really work on that road. Lagos state, as far as I am concerned, is the richest state in the country and also with the smallest landmass. If brf can't fix that little challenge, I will be forced to ask what he's doing with tax payer's money. If amaechi, oshiohmole and akpabio can do it, why not brf?

In your weak analysis, you said Lagos is the richest state and with smallest land mass. But you failed to include the fact that the population of Lagos is more than the combined population of the three states of mentioned in your post (i.e. Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Edo) and the first two states earned more monthly allocation than Lagos. Therefore, pressures on amenities in Lagos is so much compare to any state of the federation. As a result of over-population, the number of civil servants in Lagos is more than those states combined, yet you still want LASG to continue carrying the burden of the Federal govt on ports that fetches the FG trillions of Naira annually? Haba! Why can’t people like be reasonable for once and say things as it is?

Let every arms of the government do their job without expecting other to do it for them.

Please STOP being GEJ blinded.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Olaolufred(m): 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
olajay5:

In your weak analysis, you said Lagos is the richest state and with smallest land mass. But you failed to include the fact that the population of Lagos is more than the combined population of the three states of mentioned in your post (i.e. Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Edo) and the first two states earned more monthly allocation than Lagos. Therefore, pressures on amenities in Lagos is so much compare to any state of the federation. As a result of over-population, the number of civil servants in Lagos is more than those states combined, yet you still want LASG to continue carrying the burden of the Federal govt on ports that fetches the FG trillions of Naira annually? Haba! Why can’t people like be reasonable for once and say things as it is?

Let every arms of the government do their job without expecting other to do it for them.

Please STOP being GEJ blinded.

You must be a very nice man, to have given him a second of your time in tutoring this dullard.
Now, how many times will you repeat this command before dabrake's 1 megabyte brain accept it?
bros, it may take another eternity if you are to wait for better response.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by dridowu: 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2013
Olaolufred:

DrIdowu,

There is a situation here you can proffer solution to.
Omexonomy said he doesn't know the part so described bad by Fashola even though he travels same road everyday.
Here you said, so sad because you travels same road every weekdays.
Can you proof to us who is decieving who?(WDW)
from my own view, i join d road from cele express down to d airport bridge.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Olaolufred(m): 1:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
dridowu: from my own view, i join d road from cele express down to d airport bridge.

Do you have any site on the section between cele and airport bridge that is as bad as in the picture?
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Zet72(m): 2:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
grin fashola should stop all this acn pdp politics& fix that road ,and forward the bill to fg,instead of wasting tax payers money in planting flowers that got dried up in dry season,lagos has the money to do that after all this is one of the roads he barned truck pusher & okada from crossing or applying,he has now realized that it belong to fg what a hypocrite?or betterstill use the money he generate through lasma and agboro on that road to fix it.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by ba7man(m): 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
dabrake: Let's imagine the road is in a deplorable state, can't fashola repair it himself? He should learn from akpabio who rehabilitated most federal government oriented projects like roads, the university because 'it is a federal road but the majority of people affected are the akwa ibom indigenes. The university is a federal Government institution but 80% of her students are from akwa ibom. . .'
fashola should stop playing stupeeed politics here and fix that road irrespective of its level(whether state or federal) because those affected will be lagosians, that is if gej didn't really work on that road. Lagos state, as far as I am concerned, is the richest state in the country and also with the smallest landmass. If brf can't fix that little challenge, I will be forced to ask what he's doing with tax payer's money. If amaechi, oshiohmole and akpabio can do it, why not brf?
I don't think you've seen this road we're talking about, that's why you can say this. And this is also the most important road in Nigeria. I know you don't know this road and if you do and you still made this statement........
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by ba7man(m): 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
I don't think you've seen this road we're talking about, that's why you can say this. And this is also the most important rd in Nigeria. Ikorodu road was once under FG but Lagos took over its repairs and rehabilitation, how long will Lagos state babysit the FG?? And you refuse to ask about what they do with all the monies borrowed and generated in this county.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Olaolufred(m): 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
Zet72: grin fashola should stop all this acn pdp politics& fix that road ,and forward the bill to fg,instead of wasting tax payers money in planting flowers that got dried up in dry season,lagos has the money to do that after all this is one of the roads he barned truck pusher & okada from crossing or applying,he has now realized that it belong to fg what a hypocrite?or betterstill use the money he generate through lasma and agboro on that road to fix it.

You must be one of the cartpushers.
Sorry, for allowing your ignorance betray you in the open.
Fashola can never jump into any FG road without a mutual agreement on such.
Yes, only a mad man will put an okada on a road where a CAR revs at 5000rpm,
(to make it simple for you)on high speed as much as 120-140kph.
If you okada riders are not responsible, you will not force our state govt to be irresponsible. Cry till eternity, I will never support such stupidity.
In case you are tired, kindly advice FG to destroy their existing roads and tell Lagos to be on its own(Autonomy). Then Lagos will give you a better planned and maintained road with toll.
I prefer to pay toll on a good road than to keep roaming round in ditches.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by ba7man(m): 3:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
It seems some people think this road is a 2lane express road. FYI, its a six lane express way that includes 2 2'lane service roads parallel to it. Total of 10 lanes.....running from Apapa to Oshodi....If you know the distance.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by ocelot2006(m): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2013
aribisala0: People should take note of the contribution of the port.This is MORE than oil from any state.So all those JOKERS saying LAGOS was built with oil money should take note.Lagos ports contribute MORE than any oil producing state

This is a joke, right?
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by aribisala0(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
ocelot2006:

This is a joke, right?
Do you have any contradictory figures or just testoterone??

1 Like

Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by ocelot2006(m): 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2013
naptu2: One of the solutions to this problem is to fix the railways. There's a rail line that runs right through the Apapa Port. Goods should be moved by rail from the ports to the hinterland.

This would reduce the pressure on the road caused by fuel tankers and articulated trucks. It would also reduce traffic jams caused by wrongly parked fuel tankers, fallen containers and broken down articulated trucks.

Fuel pipelines also need to be rehabilitated.

Excellent idea. Hauling goods out of the port via rail will definitely go a long in easing the stress on the road network that services the port.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by olu4life(m): 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
@omexonony, are u that blind or what Cos i can understand what u mean by which part of the road is bad! Oshodi-Apapa road is a very bad road and also a death trap. Those who ply the route can testify to it. Did my IT at wharf and i know what i face on comin from isolo. So STFU if u using the front of ur house to judge. So madt at this dude
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by dabrake(m): 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
danot1030:

it is as well evident that you are bias PDP fanatic, no wonder your comments are so senseless...
you ape, why not use your God given brain? I act with my brain, I voted ribadu despite being a s/s dude(something your sentimental oriented mindset won't allow you to). Who doesn't know brf is enriching bola 'froggy' tinubu? Who doesn't know brf 2nd term is a disaster? That's one reason I will never vote a governor for 2nd term. Now you fool, read my signature.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
dabrake: you ape, why not use your God given brain? I act with my brain, I voted ribadu despite being a s/s dude(something your sentimental oriented mindset won't allow you to). Who doesn't know brf is enriching bola 'froggy' tinubu? Who doesn't know brf 2nd term is a disaster? That's one reason I will never vote a governor for 2nd term. Now you fool, read my signature.

Have you now seen the follishness in all the solution you proposed on this thread?

How does he repair a FG road when he is being owed 51billion from previous repairs?

How does he put toll on a FG road?

Kindly explain
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
Demdem: Good One fashola. Lets see what the retardeen will do about it.

Not that am expecting anything sha undecided

G.O.A.T! angry angry angry
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Boyoorisha: 6:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
Omexonomy:
how far long time you still dey do all this ur nonesens. Well sha u must collect salary for this month
b4 u start the insult i ply that road from apapa to oshodi can any body please point out which part is fash talking about. Note i am not a PDP member and i hate lies. Nigeria is full of lies
You are the liar! The road is hell! they started it but now abandoned
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by ochukoccna: 10:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
In a well governed country, a state governor/regional administrator would only do such (if at all) when natural disasters strike
Couldn't the VP just forward the letter to his boss?
And to think no action has been undertaken yet after 3months of the initial BRF correspondence to Aso Rock?! ?! ?!
When a road that is of critical importance to the NATION's economy is in this state,you wonder why the ministers of finance,works&transport haven't been queried,suspended or fired
They must be busy eating cassava bread seeing their work impact is non existent in this regard
Well it ain't suprising seeing Lagos-Ibadan&Benin-Ore expressways face dire straits too
Every thing johnny no shoes touches reeks with petty politics or/and incompetence
Dont worry he's busy seeking the face of his 'god' whether or not to contest in 2015 so no time to pore over administering Nigeria
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by horlatunde(m): 11:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
Omexonomy:
how far long time you still dey do all this ur nonesens. Well sha u must collect salary for this month
b4 u start the insult i ply that road from apapa to oshodi can any body please point out which part is fash talking about. Note i am not a PDP member and i hate lies. Nigeria is full of lies
Are u saying dey are no port holes at mile 2 - Apapa road or dey are no port holes on Oshodi road... D oshodi road dat get flooded after just a drop of rain... Abeg go and Sit down joor. U re a pathetic lie
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by Demdem(m): 8:13am On Jan 08, 2013
Gabbysky:

G.O.A.T! angry angry angry

Foool. cool
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by anulaxad(m): 8:28am On Jan 08, 2013
WHAT'S WITH THE COMMOTION ON ONE SINGLE ROAD.PLEASE I CAN NOT THINK OF ONE GOOD ROAD IN NIGERIA EVEN IN THAT THIEF NERVE CENTRE CALLED ABUJA.
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by naptu2: 8:31am On Jan 08, 2013
Cool! So we should not push for an improvement. We should just sit back and say, "everything is bad, so there's no need to do anything".
Re: Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway by naptu2: 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
Aftermath Of Fashola's Letter, FERMA Begins 'patching' Apapa Oshodi Exp

https://www.nairaland.com/1155801/aftermath-fasholas-letter-ferma-begins

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Powerful Nigerians Have Hijack Criminal Justice – Falana / 2015:i Saw This On The Facebook I Was Terrify / Biafra like Flag Flying At City Hall Boston USA - Biafra Is A Global Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.