Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,247 members, 7,967,580 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 10:24 PM

Do You Believe In Marrying Young? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe In Marrying Young? (12549 Views)

10 Surprising Benefits Of Marrying Young / Man Orders Wife To Refund N1.4 Million He Spent In Marrying Her In Lagos / Any Disadvantage in Marrying From Another Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by MAXBERT(m): 11:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]WELL ITS ALL IN D STATE OF YOUR MIND.MARIAGE IS CENTERED ON D MATURITY OF YUR MIND.IF YOU FEEL THAT YU AINT READY FOR IT DEN DONT TINK OF VENTURING TO IT,IN ORDER TO PREVENT FUTURE REGRETS.I PERSONALLY DONT ENCOURAGE EARLY MARRIAGE.......
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by sunnyt1(m): 11:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
I have come to realize that our major problem is, the media feeds us with fantasy and only very few dudes have great knowledge abt reality.
First, we are different people, there is no stereo-type way to live. We had diff backgrounds, diff body chemistry, diff future and diff pathway to life purposes
Some people wrote Jamb at 29, while my younger sister did her NYSC at 21. Some people by God's schedule will have to learn more than imagined b4 marriage, while others have theirs sweat-less at 23, So we are jst not the same, Some people are tall, some are fat, some are ebony, some are deaf, some are poor, so there is no point trying to live your life live Will Smith.
Psalm 139 says it all. God knows abt your life schedule. He created you and planned your life long before u were born.
Let God's will be done, not your will.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by pleep(m): 4:20am On Apr 24, 2013
Ya i believe in it.

well maybe not for me.... but my wife wont be above 23 grin
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by tpia5: 4:22am On Apr 24, 2013
even gaays are talking. undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by pleep(m): 4:26am On Apr 24, 2013
cry
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by tpia5: 4:32am On Apr 24, 2013
undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 24, 2013
Symphony007: My uncle married at the age of 22 and his wife was 19 but today they've been married for 40 years. I think it depends on mindset, intellectual maturity and of course most importantly "true love".
Don't confuse the marriage they have in those days with what we have now. The woman especially sees it as her duty to make the marriage work because it is expected of them.How many girls can be so patient with their husband, forgive them when they hurt them, turn their eyes away from their husband's promiscuity. All you hear our generation say is " I can't take shit from any man". It's a new day, new philosophy, oja stop comparing the good marriages they have then to what we have now.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Obelomo: 12:35pm On May 06, 2013
Well I do not see wrong with it! If both couples pray a lot and know how to settle their differences then there probably would not be a divorce.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by coldgate(f): 10:08am On May 07, 2013
22 for a girl, 28 for a man. A woman is most fertile when she is young. Her body heals faster from the rigors of child bearing. So yes, for my daughter, if she is ready @ 22, I would be glad. No pressures though.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 30, 2013
Maturity is needed in marriage. That said, it is better to marry young, as long as you don't think like a teenager, and you know the responsibility of marriage. Also marry a friend you've known inside out. Arranged marriage at this age is a recipe for DISASTER.
Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Trottle: 8:06am On May 28, 2015
cigaricon:
Ya I so much blieve in marrying young cos 1 u would be able to train all ur children in school before getting old hence not subjecting the eldest one under the responsibility of struggling to pay sibling's school fees and also fending for his family.
I knw of a man who married in his early ywenties, say 22 or 23 but am certain his wife is just a year younger and they have lived hapily up till their late 30s and there was no case of divorce or the husband abusing the wife, their son will be twenty one by this year and at evenings u see the man and nis son playing badminton. U will need someone who knows that family very well to convince u that one is the father of the other, u will likely mistake them for old skull buddies who are catching fun.
Talking about age and all that, there are some couples who got married in their thirties and still divorced, why ddnt their age come to play? I'm not saying. That marrying in your thirties or early fourties is bad, all I'm tryna say is that ur age is just the number of yrs u have existed on earth and doesn't determine ur level of maturity, maturity of the body is diff frm maturity of the mind so if u think u can hold a family in ur twenties fine and if u feel in ur thirties, good for u and if I want it in ur fourties, its ur choice, what matters is ur ability to hold a family.

My five shekels wink
well said!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In Marrying Young? by Moana(f): 8:12am On May 28, 2015
cantell:

Age is not just a number when it comes to marriage. marriage is for mature minds and age has a lot to do with maturity.
A man should be at least 28yrs old(minimum) before he can think of marriage. For a woman, as long as she's passed the teen age stage, she's good to go.
but arent you contradicting yourself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Necessary To Teach Babies To Sit? / Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage / Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.