Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,754 members, 7,898,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 04:55 PM

Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? (893 Views)

Affordable Lenovo 10.1" Multimode Android Laptop / How To Change IP To Any Country IP Without Using Software / How To Change An Ip Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? by vin4ever(m): 12:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
Please anybody that is very sure about this should tell me, I want to buy a laptop from aliexpress.com, an Android mini notebook, its very cheap But the only problem now is that, the Hard disk is not even upto a Gig, the Ram is 4GB. I want to know if it is possible to buy a hard disk [290GB etc] and replace on it. Please Reply only if you are VERY SURE . Thanks!

Re: Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? by Maleeq(m): 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2013
I doubt you can upgrade the HDD, as most netbooks use solid state drive for storage. But I find it rather weird that the drive size isn't upto to a gig.
Re: Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
Most Netbooks these days come with HDDs instead of SSD. If your netbook is using SSD, you could clone it and then swap with HDD.
Re: Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? by vin4ever(m): 5:03pm On Jan 09, 2013
sting_224: Most Netbooks these days come with HDDs instead of SSD. If your netbook is using SSD, you could clone it and then swap with HDD.
pls I dont undastnd wat u mean, pls brk 4 my undastndin. . Thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 09, 2013
1. You'll be able to replace the factory hard disk/solid state drive with another one.
2. You'll need to duplicate the content of the factory hard disk and then transfer to the new hard disk
3. If your netbook is coming with a Solid State drive, I see no need removing it, because I'm pretty sure it'll be more than a gigabyte.
Re: Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? by vin4ever(m): 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2013
sting_224: 1. You'll be able to replace the factory hard disk/solid state drive with another one.
2. You'll need to duplicate the content of the factory hard disk and then transfer to the new hard disk
3. If your netbook is coming with a Solid State drive, I see no need removing it, because I'm pretty sure it'll be more than a gigabyte.
thank u. By the time i wil b tru wit d shopin nd if it ariv, i wil tel u watsup. Thanks once more for diz gr8 info
Re: Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? by probsolver: 7:40am On Feb 08, 2013
@vin4ever,
How much is d android laptop u wnt to buy. Bcs I av 3 of 7" android laptop and 1 of 10" of it I want to sell and its very cheap no shipping hassle. U can mail me if u av interest balogun_u@yahoo.com
Re: Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? by buzor(m): 7:48pm On Feb 09, 2013
hope u re not buying problem for ur self. dont forget awuf(cheap items included) de run belle.......
these re chinko laptops, dnt buy....if i may ask as well, which coy is d maker. i guess no name
Re: Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? by denzel2009: 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2013
What is android laptop? And how can you pay for a device with less than 1gb hard drive in this day and age? Why you wan deliberately order problem for yourself?
Re: Is It Possible To Change An Android Laptop Hard Disk? by vin4ever(m): 7:57pm On Feb 09, 2013
Yeh Yeh Yeh guys. Thanks for the replies. I bought it and sold it back thesame week to a friend with interest.

(1) (Reply)

Modem Only Showing GPRS After Unlock / Windows 8 Pro Activation / Beware Of This Mail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.