Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,157 members, 7,973,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 10:30 AM

No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark (13731 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage / GEJ Distorted Facts, N Is Slow To Sign Bills That'll Change Nigeria - David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by dederocs(m): 11:11am On Jan 08, 2013
sweet_gala:

Sorry to say but they are not, they have essentially abused the most important section in the constitution.
The right to associate and congregate peacefully, self determination.
I've said it before only a bad failing government needs sensitive issues like these to distract citizenry.
In Nigeria it is already a criminal offence to engage in homosexuality so why spend precious time trying to pass a redundant law. Where would homosexuals marry legally, church, mosque, not even an ifa priest would bless that union.
If a man wants to shag a man or woman likewise make dem carry go as far as dem no offend me with them business.
they wont offend you,but they might influence ur kid to become gay...and bring curse to our nation.pls do not blindly quote human right,what of our right?...it is obscene,we have a right to be spared obscenity.why can't u run naked in public?-cos its obscene,hence the law wont tolerate it.Mr human rights.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by dederocs(m): 11:15am On Jan 08, 2013
Symphony007: This is stupid. Nobody cares about what nigeria does with gays afterall they are not seeking any recognition. The fools in the national assemble should stop this nonesense and make law that help the nigerian people!! The stupid senate president says being gay is not a good moral. Apparently stealing public funds and corruption is a good moral that's why there is no single anti-corruption bill in this country.. And that why i said if you want to to see nigeria's problem buy a mirror. Most people here are hailing those thieves for passing a bill sentencing people who has never done any wrong to you to 14 years in prison. But no single law for themselves and cronies who has looted the living day light out of this nation..i am disgusted!!!
Deal with the issue...or are u gay?
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by dederocs(m): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2013
Knowledge9000: What God Has Joined Together, Let No Man Put Asunder!!! Nigerians are the biggest hypocrites ever known to mankind. What's the federal government business if two people, of the same gender chose to get married or be together? How does it affect your life? Do you have a corner on truth to deny them the right to be together? What justification have you to get involved in their private business?

To all those who are castigating these people, haven't you fornicated before or looked at a woman/man lustily? I guess you didn't know that was a sin hah? I am not gay nor do I support gay marriage, however, I strongly believe that people should be allowed to determine the course they take in life. As long as they are not trying to impose their ideology on me or anyone.

If no body is preventing you from fornicating, which obviously is a sin, why then are you trying to look into other people life? Bunch of maniacal Hypocrites.

sooner or later u will see how it affects you,when boys rape ur lil boy in school.myopic fool.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by dederocs(m): 11:25am On Jan 08, 2013
leslieu63: they should also tell north korea to practice it idiots.
Fools will come here praising the US,the US practces double standars-they wont tolerate dissention,but are bombing syria cos Al-ASSAD is fighting terrorists.the US is the cause of the economic crises the world suffered-most of our financial institutions take our money we save and invest here to the US stock exchange and invest in securities.the US uses this money thru their financial systems to run a credit economy,where everyone has a mortgage.at the end most of the debtors couldn't meet up with interest and premiums payments-thus the US companies couldn't pay the Nigerian companies,hence we all suffer.they will give it all sort of names,i tell you if Africa does not hold its destiny in its hand we will continue t suffer.the US no send us,they only use us.US owes 16.4trillion USD in debts till tomoro.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by ABAKA72(m): 11:27am On Jan 08, 2013
kymblaq: Wow!!!
I am guessing if someone told you they were secretly gay you would just kill them, why not you just rid the world of one gay person, u deserve a medal.
I don't even know what to say. Is it the nature of man to be evil. Why castigate a people because they are not like you? Why?
I hear people talking about reproduction So whats with that? Do we not have enough people reproducing? We are currently over 7.1 billion people, do you think that is going to reduce b
ecause gay people finally decided to be gay

What exactly is your fear??
Religion?? Your gods Oh boy Some of you are in for a shock. Did your gods not teach you tolerance. Look around in the world today and tell me what is the major cause of man made disasters? Please tell me religion is not a part of it.

Why no tolerance.

100 maybe 200 years maybe way less, your lineage would look at the book at what you did in the name of being a majority and they would be ashamed of you. But then what do you care. You just go about destroying lives that bear no semblance to yours, what do you care.

One day someone close to you would come out of the closet and you would have the choice of foolishly trying to change them, pray for them, turn them over to the police or maybe take justice into your hands and kill them, aluu style, uhn?

Your foolishness would ring through the ages. The most backword of all races, you deserve all that you get, you deserve it, your leaders, the jobs, the poverty, the backwardness, the police, you deserve everything.
Every GAY Man is sick upstairs period. If you like type grammer from now till eternity, it will not change the fact. So take heart and seek for remedy if you are one of them.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by dederocs(m): 11:30am On Jan 08, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

grin grin grin chalay but I get plenty yansh naw....even, I have to avoid them sometimes......if they compare you to me...you would be a raging homosexual...im far from gay chalay.... I dont understand how what two adults do in their own bed rooms....gives you an headache grin grin grin grin face your own life naw lol
you useless ghanian,i remeber when i was in Ghana,a place called james streets where poverty stricken Ghanians soil thier ass to white men for 10dollars or less.pls i no wan see ghanians here again,u guys re too miserable to even come on here.we no need poverty stricken Ghanians here.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by dederocs(m): 11:32am On Jan 08, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Nigeria has morals? grin grin grin grin grin Lol you sir are a clown...a country where a 50 year old men can marry a 12 year old child has morals? lol the fact is, God doesnt care about the continent with dark skin negros...so just relax your self chalay....
pls seun kindly ban all ghanians from using this site.there re disgusting people.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by ABAKA72(m): 11:34am On Jan 08, 2013
Symphony007: you seem exceedinly foolish..why is'nt their outrage at what does little girls are suffering? You and your stupid bunch worry yourselves about "adults" who are gay. But you turn a blind eye to kids being married away to men their grandpa's age. Where is the outrage? Were is the concern. I taught nigeria was this great "moral" country. Has your so called t.b joshua said anything about this? No rather he's playing suit sayer and acting out a shambolic t.v drama called emmanuel t.v in the name of miracles. Pathetic. I'm not gay, but i belive people have the right to live as they deem fit.
Mr man shut up you are gay.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by dederocs(m): 11:37am On Jan 08, 2013
Symphony007: David mark says nigeria is too moral to allow same sex couples exist...but he has a collegue in the senate called ahmed yerima in his 60's who marries 13 years old girls. And moral david mark does'nt condem it or propose legislation banning such utter child abuse. So adults who decide to be gay are sent to jail while kids who are forced to be baby wives are left to suffer their fate. Nothing happens to the husbands. MORAL NIGERIA!!!
you have three options-either u leave Nigeria,go stay in the forest or prepare to be stoned to death.cos if the law no catcth u,jungle justice will cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by dgb4(m): 11:38am On Jan 08, 2013
Gay activities have fully creeped into this our country Nigeria.

Believe it or not, we only have 30% of Nigerian STRAIGHT men, the other proportion remains GAYS & BISEXUALS.

Most of those politicians and lawmakers who are making up and passing this bill into law are not exempted in this act of homosexual-ism. This gay thing is now found across all professions in the country ranging from doctors, lawyers, teachers, politicians etc. You don't even know if the person next to you in the office or family is gay.

Don't be surprised that most of the pple cursing,hating and raining brimstone on this thread are gay.

If gay guys should tell you the advances and promises they get from top respected officials in this country you will marvel.

Some say its natural or inborn, while some do it for the fact that its one lucrative biz a cute guy could do with little or less qualification.

No matter what the case could be, Being gay is EVIL, but Let God judge. and hence Same sex marriage should NEVER be legalised in a country like Nigeria.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by dederocs(m): 11:39am On Jan 08, 2013
Knowledge9000: What God Has Joined Together, Let No Man Put Asunder!!! Nigerians are the biggest hypocrites ever known to mankind. What's the federal government business if two people, of the same gender chose to get married or be together? How does it affect your life? Do you have a corner on truth to deny them the right to be together? What justification have you to get involved in their private business?

To all those who are castigating these people, haven't you fornicated before or looked at a woman/man lustily? I guess you didn't know that was a sin hah? I am not gay nor do I support gay marriage, however, I strongly believe that people should be allowed to determine the course they take in life. As long as they are not trying to impose their ideology on me or anyone.

If no body is preventing you from fornicating, which obviously is a sin, why then are you trying to look into other people life? Bunch of maniacal Hypocrites.

You have two options,either you go do cosmetic boobs,and look like a woman,or leave Nigeria to America...or u get lynched to death after the law is passed.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by dederocs(m): 11:41am On Jan 08, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
closing statement.....If the earth became inhabitable and the entire world was be to evacuated to mars.....Africans would be left to die....why? well the mentality is not conducive for human progress......
Whats ur point...will u live forever.better go stay in America,so u join their space ship to mars wink wink wink
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by dederocs(m): 11:46am On Jan 08, 2013
manny4life:

Look , I stand for equality and justice. I've always opposed gay marriage because that isn't my belief, nonetheless, the right to practice your sexuality shouldn't be criminal. What two grown consenting adults do in their bedroom is neither my business nor yours, so why should we make it a big deal?

Hehe, I'm so comfortable with myself that gay accusations towards me doesn't move me. In fact, it makes me laugh so hard because those accusations are kinda like dumb if you ask me. What someone thinks about me doesn't bother me, neither will it it stop me from saying how I see it. Abusing someone's right and then call it law is the height of injustice.

Unfortunately, Nigeria is not U.S. where you can file a suit against NASS for abusing their powers, if not, the courts will be the final decision maker on this law - whether it lives or dies a painful death. grin grin grin
Pls go live in the US.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by manny4life(m): 11:53am On Jan 08, 2013
dederocs:
Pls go live in the US.

What are you on about?

I already do? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by eduson33(m): 12:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
taa comot,

whats so funny?

for your mind

manny4life:

What are you on about?

Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by ABAKA72(m): 1:42pm On Jan 08, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

grin grin grin chalay but I get plenty yansh naw....even, I have to avoid them sometimes......if they compare you to me...you would be a raging homosexual...im far from gay chalay.... I dont understand how what two adults do in their own bed rooms....gives you an headache grin grin grin grin face your own life naw lol
It's obvious you are gay and also numb-skull to be braging on a public forum. It's only insecured non-entities that brag on public fora.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by ABAKA72(m): 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
manny4life:

What are you on about?

Then just stay there, don't polute our socity with your US stink.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by manny4life(m): 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2013
ABAKA72: Then just stay there, don't polute our socity with your US stink.

Unfortunately, your likes can't stop me neither has it stopped me from coming home to my country. You have no authority to dictate where I stay or not. So do us a favor, take your bigotry, and give it someone who really gives a sh.it. cool cool cool cool
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 08, 2013
Typical nigerians,u guyz 4gt that the white gave us,our law,constitution,education,n even the so called religious blives that u hold dear too,der dogma n morals r wat we copied for n Bleep it,if u ask david mark which country nigeria is targeted at bin like by the year 2020,98.5 % sure he'll name a white country nt a black. For pit sake individual preference aint ur blizz.if nt for the changes brought by the white wer da Bleep wud 9ja b?.change is scary even our 4 fathers wer scared of change,picture in ur mind hw our fore fathers viewed a wall clock wen they 1st saw 1,50 sure a chief prist wud av said da whyt mans watch/clock is a taboo,i knw tat a car wud av scared da livn crap out of them,hell yeah!,bt they came to accept it little by little,ok tak the kill of twins if it has'nt bin stp,hw many of our children wud av bin killed?,r u telln me tat the birth of twins isnt different frm da normal birth?,they wer called a taboo jst cos they dif,now we hav triple ,even conjuned twins,n every1 is calm,cos we knw they'r pple lik us. Even if the whole nairaland came frm 1 mother we can not all b the same,never ,DIVERSITY IS THE BEAUTY OF GOD'S CREATION,SO R U GUYZ SAYN THAT YORUBA SHUD KILL IGBO because THEY'R DIF?,IM IGBO DER SUMTINS TAT A YORUBA PERSON WUD DO,TAT R A TABOO TO ME,SO MAK I KILL'EM?,IM CHRISTAIN,YT DA WORSHIP OF CATHOLIC IS A SIN N ABORMINATION?,MAK I KILL'EM,SO ALSO AN IDOL WORHIPPER N MUSLIM,SO MAK I BEAT'EM COS WE DA DIF?. Funny thing is even among we staight our sexually preference is different,i'v got a frnd ,tat likes behind base position,n God da tot fit driv me gaga, i'm built i lyk fat gals,anoda person lyk slim gals,men 2 me o watin i go chop 4 insid bone..we cnt all b thesame.
Who made us judge ova our fello man?.itz blivd tat da gods sit on mount olumpus watchn us men n laff at us rarely interfern,greek bliv..in a sense itz true,i dnt c God condemn any1 2 death cos h/s na gay,abi u c em?,if yes tel'em mak no 4gt ma prayer 4 motor n 4 millon dollarz abeg,plus as much pusi as posible. Truth is even if da whole gayz r killed n wat left in 9ja is staight pple, God knws we'll still find sum1 to hang 4 bin staight a cape goat,staight go gt diversity 2.
Ok if u da Bleep bhind base wit ur wif cum here,if u raise leg durn that thing go der,if u know say,hmm if u knw say ur husband put'em 4 ur mouth lay down ,if u let ur wife stay untop ,eya do frog jump, men its human nature to tag thing n name it gives us force security. Tats da truth.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by manny4life(m): 2:43pm On Jan 08, 2013
eduson33: taa comot,

whats so funny?

for your mind

What's so funny? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Isn't it obvious? Ok, just in case you skipped the memo, I'm laughing at stupidity of the highest order..

My goodness, Nigerians on NL are the most hostile I've ever seen or heard. Geez, people need to take a chill pill and relax, life is not that complicated, at ll... grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by Hardfact: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
More you look, less you see? Incredible!
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 08, 2013
What xample is david mark showing here plz?, if u sick run go iseral,. https://www.nairaland.com/918006/senator-david-mark-critical-condition...

Luk at tis pls pple r dien n suffern n da bst mark n ur senetors can do nai to condenm .
https://www.nairaland.com/834916/dying-woman-oshodi-under-bridge.
high n mighty abi .9ja is a mess,pastors cheat,sum da call demself tiger ,pple r suffern ,sum in sin slf,yt sum da tell u hw Spitually SIGNIFICANT THEY R, N UR NT. Men God av mercy.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
dederocs:
sooner or later u will see how it affects you,when boys rape ur lil boy in school.myopic fool.
i bliv tis ur topic rit?,ur a hypocrit.
https://www.nairaland.com/1154391/ladies-girls-like-canine-style. Mteeeeew.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by eduson33(m): 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
Stop making noise and visit your doctor boi...
Kindly Goto the balcony,when its time for kids I will let you know..
manny4life:

What's so funny? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Isn't it obvious? Ok, just in case you skipped the memo, I'm laughing at stupidity of the highest order..

My goodness, Nigerians on NL are the most hostile I've ever seen or heard. Geez, people need to take a chill pill and relax, life is not that complicated, at ll... grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by manny4life(m): 7:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
eduson33: Stop making noise and visit your doctor boi...
Kindly Goto the balcony,when its time for kids I will let you know..

Haha.. I visit my doctor often (standard medical routine), and he says I'm doing wonderfully. grin grin grin grin Than God for his mercies, question is, with all your spite,hate and anger, can u say the same thing? undecided undecided undecided undecided

LOL... When its time for kids you will let me know.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Unless you're a kid as well, because if you're tryna claim adult here, you haven't said anything nor reasoned like one. In fact, I'd rather be a kid at heart than to be a so-called adult who disgraces the mantle of adulthood by his warped thoughts and reason.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by Sarky(m): 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
manny4life:

Did someone say "decency"? They need to look at themselves first and determine is they're pure at heart. What a load of rubbish.

Indeed u nid 2tek a gud check on ursef. Wht's rubbish abt der decision? I tink u'r d 1 yarning a full pack of rubbish. Feel sorry 4ya.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by Sarky(m): 8:23pm On Jan 08, 2013
chess guru: STORY!! Come 2 our universities and see lesbianism on an all time high. J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ how will this law turn around our decaying sense of morality. Its more than J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ putting a law against same sex marriage.
Let them get off their backside in abuja and organize media (mediums) 2 help young children b4 they are inducted into this kinda life (especially through boarding schools).
That's where their effectiveness will really be felt.
U'r on track abt d preventive idealogy bt d bill is,on its on side, nt offensive. Choose 4 ursef; Jail or Gay abstinence
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by MAYOWAAK: 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2013
My scepticism about homosexuality is based on two reasons. One, as a Christian, I have taken time to study my Bible and I know that homosexuality is NOT of God. All references to legitimate relationships and marriages in the Bible are anchored on man and woman. God created Adam and Eve.” So for us who believe in the Bible, homosexuality is NOT ordained by God, even though some gays and rights activists often labour very hard to insert their own interpretations into the scriptures. Homosexuality is not countenanced in the Bible at all; if anything, it is condemned from Genesis to Revelation. The second basis for my scepticism is that I believe homosexuality is not natural. Copulation in the animal world is based on opposites and diversity. Our sex organs are different and complementary by design.

Sex serves two interlinked purposes: recreation and procreation. A female cannot naturally impregnate a female nor can a male impregnate a male no matter the pleasure derived from the recreational intercourse. Because of the impossibility of homosexual procreation, gay couples are now adopting children. It shows how unnatural same-sex relationships are. It is even more amusing that homosexuals are approbating and reprobating at the same time. On the one hand, they don’t want to go the natural route of procreation; on the other hand, they want the fruit of normal fertilisation. It is contradictory and hypocritical! Nevertheless, the day I see two male dogs mating or two female elephants having sex, I would finally accept that homosexuality is natural. However, I decided long ago that I would not care what people do with themselves behind closed doors as long as they are not forcing me join them.It is their choice. They will be held responsible for that at the end of the day. I have no capacity or justification to hate anybody because he is gay or she is lesbian. After all, am I a better human being simply because I’m not gay? Is sexuality the only standard by which men and women shall be judged? If I’m not gay but do not love my neighbour, does that make me a better human being? Is homosexuality the only thing God hates? Does God love lying, deceit, cheating, stealing, backbiting, treachery, pride, etc

Somehow, we have come to think that the worst thing possible in this life is homosexuality. As it is typical with us, we love rating one sin above the other. We think telling lies is better than homosexuality. So if you tell lies, as long as you are not gay, it is okay. We think adultery and fornication are okay, as long as you’re not gay. We think stealing public money, collection bribes and meting out injustice to the poor are okay as long as you’re not gay. You may find out that the same people who are spending day and night fighting homosexuality actually cheat on their wives and their husbands! The Bible also bans adultery! These people who specialise in corrupting university girls, buying them first-class tickets to Dubai and beyond, think they are better than homosexuals! These guys who pay themselves obscene allowances while the average Nigerian cannot afford a decent meal actually think they are better than homosexuals! Looting the commonwealth to the detriment of development is sheer wickedness.

housands of innocent Nigerians die every year in accidents because of the poor state of our roads. Every year, money is budgeted and pocketed. The schools are in a terrible state. The people who control the budget send their own children to schools abroad or the most expensive schools in Nigeria. Are these looters better than homosexuals?. Ore-Benin road has been a subject of public outcry for over 10 years. The Murtala Mohammed International Airport is an international embarrassment. The air conditioners don’t work.The toilets don’t have water. The conveyor belt is an apology. All these have been going on for years. Yet some people want to make me believe that homosexuality is our problem in Nigeria! Is it homosexuals that are collecting billions of naira everyday in “fake subsidy” payments while the masses it is meant to serve continue to wallow in want? Is it homosexuals that stalled the House of Representatives report on the probe of the power projects? Is it homosexuals that have been obstructing every attempt to probe the finances of NNPC over the years? Is it homosexuals that have left our hospitals in such pitiable state that people are dying like mosquitoes? Is it homosexuals have stalled the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) which has the capacity to improve the performance of the oil industry to the benefit of Nigeria and Nigerians? Is it homosexuals that are rigging elections and killing political opponents? Is it homosexuals that are ripping off Nigerians at the ports? Is it homosexuals that manipulate university admissions? Is it homosexuals that ruined the banking industry and the stock market, wiping out jobs and the investments of poor Nigerians?

I insist that our problem in Nigeria is far deeper than our leaders and rulers are ready to address. They are addressing the wrong problems. We always get our priority wrong. We major in the minor. The things that deserve urgent attention are of no significance to us; it is those things that add little or nothing to our progress that we concentrate all our efforts on. I long for the day those in government will lose their sleep over the state of our roads, over the state of the schools, over the state of the hospitals, over the state of electricity supply. It is for these reasons that I am not excited about the criminilisation of same-sex marriage. I hate the hypocrisy. I would suggest that the lawmakers also pass a law against adultery and greed.That could help, who knows?

1 Like

Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by eduson33(m): 12:02am On Jan 09, 2013
Na wa oo,
Thought I told you to run to the balcony abi Childrens room?
Behave yourself na,or must you smell every yash that's around you?
manny4life:

Haha.. I visit my doctor often (standard medical routine), and he says I'm doing wonderfully. grin grin grin grin Than God for his mercies, question is, with all your spite,hate and anger, can u say the same thing? undecided undecided undecided undecided

LOL... When its time for kids you will let me know.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Unless you're a kid as well, because if you're tryna claim adult here, you haven't said anything nor reasoned like one. In fact, I'd rather be a kid at heart than to be a so-called adult who disgraces the mantle of adulthood by his warped thoughts and reason.
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by manny4life(m): 12:53am On Jan 09, 2013
eduson33: Na wa oo,
Thought I told you to run to the balcony abi Childrens room?
Behave yourself na,or must you smell every yash that's around you?

You really must think that you're it... BORING ,

NEXT...
Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by manny4life(m): 12:54am On Jan 09, 2013
Sarky:
Indeed u nid 2tek a gud check on ursef. Wht's rubbish abt der decision? I tink u'r d 1 yarning a full pack of rubbish. Feel sorry 4ya.

NO, you need to feel sorry for yourself first... you'll sure need lot's of it.

1 Like

Re: No Going Back On Criminalizing Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria – David Mark by rume(m): 8:19am On Jan 09, 2013
MAYOWAAK: My scepticism about homosexuality is based on two reasons. One, as a Christian, I have taken time to study my Bible and I know that homosexuality is NOT of God. All references to legitimate relationships and marriages in the Bible are anchored on man and woman. God created Adam and Eve.” So for us who believe in the Bible, homosexuality is NOT ordained by God, even though some gays and rights activists often labour very hard to insert their own interpretations into the scriptures. Homosexuality is not countenanced in the Bible at all; if anything, it is condemned from Genesis to Revelation. The second basis for my scepticism is that I believe homosexuality is not natural. Copulation in the animal world is based on opposites and diversity. Our sex organs are different and complementary by design.

Sex serves two interlinked purposes: recreation and procreation. A female cannot naturally impregnate a female nor can a male impregnate a male no matter the pleasure derived from the recreational intercourse. Because of the impossibility of homosexual procreation, gay couples are now adopting children. It shows how unnatural same-sex relationships are. It is even more amusing that homosexuals are approbating and reprobating at the same time. On the one hand, they don’t want to go the natural route of procreation; on the other hand, they want the fruit of normal fertilisation. It is contradictory and hypocritical! Nevertheless, the day I see two male dogs mating or two female elephants having sex, I would finally accept that homosexuality is natural. However, I decided long ago that I would not care what people do with themselves behind closed doors as long as they are not forcing me join them.It is their choice. They will be held responsible for that at the end of the day. I have no capacity or justification to hate anybody because he is gay or she is lesbian. After all, am I a better human being simply because I’m not gay? Is sexuality the only standard by which men and women shall be judged? If I’m not gay but do not love my neighbour, does that make me a better human being? Is homosexuality the only thing God hates? Does God love lying, deceit, cheating, stealing, backbiting, treachery, pride, etc

Somehow, we have come to think that the worst thing possible in this life is homosexuality. As it is typical with us, we love rating one sin above the other. We think telling lies is better than homosexuality. So if you tell lies, as long as you are not gay, it is okay. We think adultery and fornication are okay, as long as you’re not gay. We think stealing public money, collection bribes and meting out injustice to the poor are okay as long as you’re not gay. You may find out that the same people who are spending day and night fighting homosexuality actually cheat on their wives and their husbands! The Bible also bans adultery! These people who specialise in corrupting university girls, buying them first-class tickets to Dubai and beyond, think they are better than homosexuals! These guys who pay themselves obscene allowances while the average Nigerian cannot afford a decent meal actually think they are better than homosexuals! Looting the commonwealth to the detriment of development is sheer wickedness.

housands of innocent Nigerians die every year in accidents because of the poor state of our roads. Every year, money is budgeted and pocketed. The schools are in a terrible state. The people who control the budget send their own children to schools abroad or the most expensive schools in Nigeria. Are these looters better than homosexuals?. Ore-Benin road has been a subject of public outcry for over 10 years. The Murtala Mohammed International Airport is an international embarrassment. The air conditioners don’t work.The toilets don’t have water. The conveyor belt is an apology. All these have been going on for years. Yet some people want to make me believe that homosexuality is our problem in Nigeria! Is it homosexuals that are collecting billions of naira everyday in “fake subsidy” payments while the masses it is meant to serve continue to wallow in want? Is it homosexuals that stalled the House of Representatives report on the probe of the power projects? Is it homosexuals that have been obstructing every attempt to probe the finances of NNPC over the years? Is it homosexuals that have left our hospitals in such pitiable state that people are dying like mosquitoes? Is it homosexuals have stalled the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) which has the capacity to improve the performance of the oil industry to the benefit of Nigeria and Nigerians? Is it homosexuals that are rigging elections and killing political opponents? Is it homosexuals that are ripping off Nigerians at the ports? Is it homosexuals that manipulate university admissions? Is it homosexuals that ruined the banking industry and the stock market, wiping out jobs and the investments of poor Nigerians?

I insist that our problem in Nigeria is far deeper than our leaders and rulers are ready to address. They are addressing the wrong problems. We always get our priority wrong. We major in the minor. The things that deserve urgent attention are of no significance to us; it is those things that add little or nothing to our progress that we concentrate all our efforts on. I long for the day those in government will lose their sleep over the state of our roads, over the state of the schools, over the state of the hospitals, over the state of electricity supply. It is for these reasons that I am not excited about the criminilisation of same-sex marriage. I hate the hypocrisy. I would suggest that the lawmakers also pass a law against adultery and greed.That could help, who knows?

I'm pretty sure that dogs of the same sex engage in such activities. So, I wouldn't bank on not seeing it and putting my acceptance of it on something like that. However, how does someone define "natural"? Natural by nature or natural by nurture? I'm pretty certain the act involves choice but that may not be the full picture.
That said, I definitely don't see any sense in the "I was born this way" flawed science that keeps projecting itself from buses, posters and postings everywhere online and on the streets of UK.

Finally, people on here (nairaland) obviously have a mental hierarchy of sins that has made them swallow up this proposed legislation and suspend temporarily, their minds from other issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 3 Most Significant Convictions Secured By EFCC In 2018 / List Of Tinubu Achievements In Education When He Was Lagos Governor 1999 - 2007 / Police Return To APC Headquarters, Warring Leaderships Desert Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.