Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,249 members, 7,939,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 02:48 PM

Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight (9811 Views)

Passengers Rush To Board An Over-booked Arik Flight / Bauchi Airport Releases Statement On People Using Ladder To Board Aircraft / Pictures Of Travellers "Fighting" To Board Arik Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by 80million1: 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
grin grin

*speechless*
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by 80million1: 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
angry[quote author=#80million] grin grin

*speechless*
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by 80million1: 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
#80million:
angry angry
cool
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by 80million1: 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
#80million:
cool

Only me on this page?
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by 80million1: 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2013
#80million:

Only me on this page?

Free Madness!
Ginger ur Swagger!

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by 80million1: 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
*speechless*

who dey house?
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by TableLeg(m): 7:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
SMH!
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by TableLeg(m): 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2013
#80million:
*speechless*

who dey house?
Flipping nuisance ... What is wrong with you? Why are you spamming the thread?!
Bloody fool
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by kelsonpoint(m): 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2013
ojinku: Anybody wey snake bite, if him see lizard him dey pick race. As for me i no fit enter dana air again.
u Neva enter plane by no vex
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by kelsonpoint(m): 7:39pm On Jan 07, 2013
ojinku: Anybody wey snake bite, if him see lizard him dey pick race. As for me i no fit enter dana air again.
u Neva enter plane b4 no vex
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by bibelo: 7:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
Even my 10 year old nephew wouldn't believe this crap.Well all those celebrities that boarded that flight are they from the EASTERN CORRIDOR of NIGERIA? Its all about the BENJIS jare, compensation for each passenger is like $100,000 I guess.
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by checklots: 8:03pm On Jan 07, 2013
You will soon see Zaki (the man with Torch). He boarded Dana with a small girl (maybe his daughter) today from Abuja to Lagos(4:30pm).I am not saying he was paid
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:08pm On Jan 07, 2013
Complete bun..kum! Who wan go die? Any day I get to the airport and na only Dana I see, I will go Ojota jejely find bus... wink
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by ldpele(m): 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
i was on board n it was rili fun

Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by 80million1: 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2013
Table Leg :

Bloody fool

table leg, u r an idiot.
Ur people at home are bloody fools.
Who d fuc.k are u to abuse me,u lack home trainin.
Satan go punish u dis year unless u apologise, u dont talk to some peeps anyhow,wat warrants u talkin to me like dat?
R u d owner of d thread. U r curse.d. Fuc.k off. Were oloshi,oloriburuku, omo irankiran.
Nxt time mind ur biznes,to avoid heavy curses in a new year.
Iberibe, onyara
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by 80million1: 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
Table Leg :

Bloody fool

na ur papa be bloody fool
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by chiefbatiatus(m): 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2013
Greatken007: I dont like listening 2 fools,Accident stil remains any unwanted,unexpected and unplanned suden events that result to injury,damage 2 equipment,properties and environment and most times slow down activities,so if u dont board DANA wh cares probably u cant even afford God is Good transport,dont ever mock Dana cus it can happen to anybody,der services are very customer friendly if nt so those top govt officials wont fly.Are u pple saying that basket mouth,Buchi and other does nt value their life?Air transport stil remain d BEST dont allow poverty 2 teach wrong lessons.

Just a little point of correction - air travel is ONLY safest means of travel BY DISTANCE! If its by numbers its the most risky because all the people that go by air in nigeria for a whole year are not even up to half of the people that travel by road between just Lagos and Ibadan in a day, yet there are many days without accidents on this road in a year. But when you talk of distance then air is safer because you could travel from australia to africa by air in 24 hours safely but doing that same distance by road could take weeks and most likely involve you in an accident.

Finally, air is very very very risky my dear. If you know how many small factors can lead to a crash you won't go near an airplane
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by chacha3(f): 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2013
Whocares? Whatever!
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by thrugemaster(m): 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
PweetieDoo: Dana Air has come out to respond to the critics about the allegation of paying celebrities to board the inaugural flight from Lagos to Abuja on Friday January 4th 2013.

The statement came from their facebook page today; read below:

Hello Friends,

Our attention has been drawn to some online media reports suggesting that celebrities BasketMouth , DIPP, Harrysong, and Buchi, who were among guests on board the Dana Air inaugural flight of Friday, 4th January, 2013, boarded the airplane for financial gains.

We would like to state that these claims are completely untrue. Like all other esteemed guests of the airline, many of which are notable personalities from Nigeria’s entertainment scene, these celebrities have always been a part of the Dana Air family. Their decision to be part of the airline’s re-launch was purely out of goodwill, having personally experienced the unrivalled hospitality and world-class services offered by the airline many times before .

We also want to use this opportunity to express our sincere appreciation to all our guests, many of whom have sent congratulatory messages and best wishes on the airline’s return, while pledging our commitment to the provision of safe, reliable and world-class air transport services.

Dana Air Management

http://naijablazingspot..com/2013/01/dana-air-denies-paying-celebraties-to.html

First of all, who is ur friend
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by Fostercat(m): 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2013
A Nigerian journalist shares his experience on Dana’s re-inaugural flight to Abuja Friday 4 January. The airline’s licence was suspended in June last year, following its crash in the suburb of Lagos, killing 159 people.

My editor, Mr. David Odey, had on Thursday jokingly cast a tentative headline for my trip to Abuja today aboard Dana Air whose plane crashed in Lagos on Sunday 3 June 2012.

“The headline will be ‘Ateba’s Last Flight To Abuja’,” my editor told me, a smile betraying his attempt to sound serious.

“There will be a kicker,” he said, “Dana Air uses journalists as guinea pigs,” he added, this time both of us bursting into laughter.

Tokunbo Olajide, a colleague, overheard us and made a quick request: “Please make me your nex-of-kin for the $100,000 compensation given to relatives of crash victims.”

Many other colleagues asked for details of my bank account, properties and will.

They all joked about it for sometime but finally wished me a safe trip before I left the office.

“Have a safe trip. Nothing will happen,” my editor reassured me as I was beginning to get wary.

The sad memories of the 3 June plane crash in Lagos which claimed more than 150 lives resurfaced.

I went home not sure I would gather enough strength to make the trip the next day.

But at 7am on Friday, I left home, jumped into a commuter bus and arrived the airport at about 8am.

I met other journalists there and I joined the queue for check in. Some of the journalists who had been invited changed their minds at the last minute and returned home.

“God told me not to make the trip,” one journalist said sounding as if fear was holding him back instead of God warning him.

Photo journalists who were not making the trip took a cornucopia of photographs of us as if we were going on our last trip.

Not long after the check in, we joined other passengers,including celebrities for boarding.

Seeing Comedian Basketmouth reassured me. I thought, at least I will die smiling as he may be cracking jokes for us as we transit from this world to the one beyond.

But once on the plane, Basketmouth and other comedians and musicians were given Business seats a few metres from the cockpit while journalists and other passengers were sent to the Economy Class.

However, because my seat number was 11F, I was not far away from the Business Class and I said to myself Basketmouth’s voice would be loud enough for me to die a peaceful and happy death as I hear some last jokes.

On the plane, an MD83, there were some courageous passengers who parted with N17,000 for the one way trip.

But most passengers were journalists, celebrities and Dana staff who were handed free tickets to make the trip.

The plane was not full as many people remain wary and will need to watch Dana perform for sometimes before they make up their minds.

Dana ground staff at Abuja Airport

Dana Flight 9J353 left the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, southwest Nigeria, at about 10.10 am and landed at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja at 11.05am.

Once the plane landed, even those who pretended to fear nothing began clapping, smiling and shaking hands.

It was as if we had just escaped something tragic, as if we were given a second chance in life, as if we were not sure to make the trip.

But everything was just on our minds. The take off in Lagos and the landing in Abuja were smooth.

The sky was clear and the weather was excellent. The journey was just enjoyable and on normal day, there would have been nothing to fear.
Besides, the in-flight service was also excellent and the plane seemed to be in very good condition.

However, in-between tale off and landing, only a small group of people spoke aloud. An even smaller percent cracked jokes while the journey lasted. Many passengers remain quiet during the 55-minute journey.

The passenger next to me was a 57-year old Mrs. Adetoun Adetokunbo, a staff at the Federal Ministry of Water and Mineral Resources whose office is in Abeokuta in Ogun State, southwest Nigeria.

At 30,000 feet above Sea Level, we began exchanging pleasantries about plane crashes.

I asked her if she was scared. She told me she had faith in God and was not afraid.

Mrs. Adetokunbo lost her husband in a plane crash in Saudi Arabia in 1991 when she was just in her early 30s and had four children for him.

Three years later, she survived an ADC plane crash in Monrovia, Liberia, while returning to Nigeria from Gambia.

While she sustained some injuries, other passengers were not lucky and died, she said.

“The plane crash-landed. Some people died but I was lucky. I sustained some injuries but I survived,” she said in a quiet and confident voice.

Since she had been lucky in the past, why take a second gamble, I asked her.

“Do you just want to kill yourself or you believe you cannot die in a crash?” I asked.

She smiled and said: “I have had an accident in a ship but I did not die. I had survived a plane crash in which some people died. I believe if you trust in God, everything will be fine. It is God that protects us,” she said.

Hearing her reassured me a bit but looking through the window and seeing how small big houses looked as we approached Abuja reminded me of how high we were and how tragic a crash at that altitude could be.

I said my prayers again, pretended to sleep but could not until we the plane landed in Abuja and came to a standstill.

Once we landed, I informed my office and online friends and some of them sent me congratulatory messages.

It was as if I had kidnapped few days ago and had just regained freedom and reunited with loved ones.

The return trip to Lagos was smooth as well and there was no indication that the plane was not in good shape.

But feeling the way I did, I realised that it is not easy to build trust in people or brands and it may take Dana Air some time before the airline regains the trust and confidence of air travellers.
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
thrugemaster:

First of all, who is ur friend

POST OF THE CENTURY NICE 1 BRUV grin
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by 4reigningqueen: 10:30pm On Jan 07, 2013
Series22: it should be
who is fooling whom?

eh hen,oga teacher,i no know ooo!

Ok whom is fooling whom

happy now
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by tutu1: 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
the thing about telling a lie is; once start lying, you just have to continue lying lol Dana air just cant stop
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by sheedy407(m): 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
Una go just come here dey talk nonsense,as if u don enta car wen get AC bfor,u dey say u no fit enta Dana AGAIN.
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by ikennahill: 11:09pm On Jan 07, 2013
[quote author=Greatken007]I dont like listening 2 fools,Accident stil remains any unwanted,unexpected and unplanned suden events that result to injury,damage 2 equipment,properties and environment and most times slow down activities,so if u dont board DANA wh cares probably u cant even afford God is Good transport,dont ever mock Dana cus it can happen to anybody,der services are very customer friendly if nt so those top govt officials wont fly.Are u pple saying that basket mouth,Buchi and other does nt value their life?Air transport stil remain d BEST dont allow poverty 2 teach wrong lessons. [/qu

sir saleman/woman we dont care,we will never enter dana air
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by cupid4ig(m): 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
ubong560: B4 nko? Wat did u expect? No be marketing strategy? Na u dey put food for thier table? I honestly recommend those wey life don taya to go board d plane. It's d easiest way to meet wit ur creator in heaven and leave dis poverty implanted by gej country. But just incase compensation will follow, make me ur next of kin o. amen.
just like ur name u sound pathetic sad angry cry
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 08, 2013
SEEMS LIKE SOME FOLKS HERE ARE HEAVILY FORTIFIED WITH SUCH SUPERCOMPETENT IMMUNITY AGAINST EVERY KIND OF INSULT KNOWN TO MAN
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by LBT: 5:09am On Jan 08, 2013
You can still see fear in their smile; they are not composed. Dana publicity stunt!
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by Greatken007(m): 6:34am On Jan 08, 2013
chief batiatus:

Just a little point of correction - air travel is ONLY safest means of travel BY DISTANCE! If its by numbers its the most risky because all the people that go by air in nigeria for a whole year are not even up to half of the people that travel by road between just Lagos and Ibadan in a day, yet there are many days without accidents on this road in a year. But when you talk of distance then air is safer because you could travel from australia to africa by air in 24 hours safely but doing that same distance by road could take weeks and most likely involve you in an accident.

Finally, air is very very very risky my dear. If you know how many small factors can lead to a crash you won't go near an airplane
Any as an Engineer,i know dat d maintenance done on flight is stil d best practice in the wold(Reliability Maintenanc),try and reas more 2 compare between road and air accident to see for urself which is more,for 2012 air accident is nt upto 300 but for road alone last year christmas was 280(just between 16th-25th).A gud statiscian can easily give u some interpretation to that.Air is stil safer and faster than land,no 1 wil av money and choose 2 go and land except for some reasons(Phobia) or as d spirit leads,Lagos-Kano 13-14hours by land and 50min by Air,ha wat are we nw saying,Wen we av constant power we can nw talk of train
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by efewhoa: 7:15am On Jan 08, 2013
Its bad enough that they killed over a 100 and something Nigerians, now they're lying to us all.
Re: Dana Air Denies Paying Celebrities To Board Flight by elliottibanga(m): 7:18am On Jan 08, 2013
But Dana why?

Why do you feel the need to JUST LIE?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are You Still Abroad? / Which Nigerian Airline Has The Best Cabin Crew? / Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.