Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:49 PM

What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? (13792 Views)

Buhari Speaks: How We Intend To Fund Nigeria’s N6 Trillion Budget / What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? / Nigerian Celebrities With Presidential Potential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by mabcos: 9:27am On Jan 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Since I've been hearing or reading reports on Buhari and his presidential ambition, I've never heard him state what he intends TO DO if he gets voted in as president.

Dont we have the RIGHT TO KNOW what Buhari intends to do with power?

I dont know about you but I have the right to know what Buhari PLANS and INTENTIONS are in the following critical areas:what we all deserve to know first, is how much you were paid from the looted monies to discredi the most accreditted so far. Or do you intend to have the incubent ones there for ever. Wether you like it or not, God'll provide us with more positive change than this incubent one.

1)What will Buhari do about power supply? Will he stop or continue with the privatisation and liberalization? If he intends to continue with privatisation, what then is the need since the incumbent is already doing a good job in that direction.

2)What will Buhari do about rail transport? Will he continue the ongoing massive construction of old and modern rail tracks? If yes, then no need because the incumbent is already doing a wonderful job in that direction.

3)What will Buhari do about our airports? Will he continue with the ongoing reconstruction? If yes, then the incumbent is already doing a fantastic job in that direction.

4) what will Buhari do about our roads? Will he continue the ongoing reconstruction of Abuja-Lokoja, Benin-Ore, Enugu-Onitsha, Kano- Maiduguri,etc roads? If yes, then no need because the incumbent is already doing that.

5) What will Buhari do to uplift the standard of education? Will he continue with the increased funding of govt owned higher institutions, UBEC interventions in basic educations, distribution of basic education textbooks, building of Almajiri schools,etc? If yes, then he shouldn't bother because the incumbent is already doing that.

6) What will Buhari do about Agriculture? Will he continue with distribution of subsidized fertilizers, free improved seeds,opening up of value chains of key crops,etc. If yes, then he shouldn't bother because the current minister of agric is already doing a marvelous job. Who will do agric better than Akinwumi Adeshina?

7) How will Buhari create jobs? Will he be banking on the same agric sector to create jobs, YOUWIN and schemes such as the ongoing women and youth empowerment programme, etc? If yes, why bother since that is already ongoing?

cool How does Buhari hope to improve our economy? Which Alhaji does he hope to appoint as finance minister? Who can improve our economy better than Okonjo Iweala? Which coach will chose Ahmed Musa ahead of Messi? Does Buhari intend to sack another 1million civil servants like he did in the 80's? We have the right to know.

9) How does Buhari hope to fight corruption? Will he use the EFCC? Will the courts be taken over by the executive? Will the EFCC and ICPC be scrapped? Does Buhari intend to be the prosecutor and the judge to hasten quick dispensation of justice? Will he set up military tribunals? What does Buhari intend to do to reduce corruption in Nig?

I have the RIGHT TO KNOW and I think many Nigerians would like TO KNOW TOO!
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by anulaxad(m): 9:29am On Jan 08, 2013
kingoflag:

"Mad man" that'll come to your house and order you executed and your body fed to lions for no reason, or "Mad Man" that cant be bribed, wont accept anyone around him being corrupt and will ensure that all those trillions of Naira being shared by GEJ and his close friends are actually spent on projects that'll benefit the Nigerian citizenry? If thats what you call a mad man, please lets go to an insane asylum and pick out 50 more like him that'll serve as Ministers during his tenure.

You are not getting my point. Do you want him killing innocent people because of no other reason but there religion where it's based.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by vanstanzy(m): 9:29am On Jan 08, 2013
kingoflag:

So, the unruly, corrupt and indisciplined way of life most of you are used to is what you want to continue?

Sorry to "BURST UR BUBBLE" grin grin grin, but lasttime i checked, he ruled with an iron-hand. With time ruling people with an iron-hand will lead to all the vices u just stated above. Now let me ask my own question, am i wrong?
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 08, 2013
If Buhari contests again, he will seal his destiny as a failure in life, I advise him not to attempt contesting. Well, I do know the following will happen if Buhari becomes President;
* Sharia will be empowered.
* EFCC will be scrapped
* Most PDP members will go on exile
* Oil Licenses will be renewed for the Northerners
* Boko Haram will have a line of credit from the Federal Govt
* Power Sector reform will be put on hold to 'investigate' all the funds injected into the sector since 1999
* Babariga will become national uniform at Aso rock
* El Rufai will become Minister
* I will pack out of Nigeria
But the fact is, with all these expectations in mind, it is not worth appointing an half educated, religiously emotional, radically unpredicted, Tribally biased, militarily back-grounded, Boko nominated, aged and hausa accented Buhari to Aso Rock. We need new breed of technocrats, people like GEJ, Akpabio, Fashola, Ribadu, Barth Nnaji, Ngozi Iweala, Aganga, and the likes of Mike Adenuga, Aliko Dangote who are tested and trusted in the economic management ideals. My piece, from my mind.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 08, 2013
igy uzus: Why are these nairalanders skewed, is there no objective nairalander here? What does Buhari intend to do with power? That's the question and you guys deviated and degenerated into name calling. Answer the question all you clueful buharians or STFU

Well, maybe its because most of us would reasonably expect that---except youre a straight-up re*tard like the goat presently destroying Nigeria from Aso Rock--- you will easily refer to his past as Administrator, Governor, Minister, President/Head Of State and 3-time failed Presidential aspirant for the answers which you seek.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by vanstanzy(m): 9:33am On Jan 08, 2013
Billyonaire: Well, I do know the following will happen if Buhari becomes President;
* EFCC will be scrapped
* Power Sector reform will be put on hold to 'investigate' all the funds injected into the sector since 1999
But the fact is, with all these expectations in mind, it is not worth appointing an half educated, religiously emotional, radically unpredicted, Tribally biased, militarily back-grounded, Boko nominated, aged and hausa accented Buhari to Aso Rock. We need new breed of technocrats, people like GEJ, Akpabio, Fashola, Ribadu, Barth Nnaji, Ngozi Iweala, Aganga, and the likes of Mike Adenuga, Aliko Dangote who are tested and trusted in the economic management ideals. My piece, from my mind.

1000 likes and a GBAM! E go beta for u. I really don't understand why some people still want to re-cycle.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 08, 2013
joseph1832:
Dude for the first time I was actually enjoying your thread until you said "which alhaji does he want to appoint minister of..." Then it hit me, your not only a tribalist but also a religious bigot.

Until people like you stop advocating tribalism and religious bigotry, meritocracy will never see the light of day!
My friend, if you had been following my comments on this forum, you'd know that I dont pretend about anything. I say it the way it is or expected to be. A Buhari as president will MOST ASSUREDLY appoint an Alhaji as finance minister. Pure and simple!
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by SUBMARINE: 9:34am On Jan 08, 2013
Jerry Rawlings wiped out a generation of top corrupt officials but in Buhari's case He spared Shagari while he executed strict judgement against other corrupt govt officials & private citizens. My question 4 Buhari's loyalists is CAN A DOUBLE STANDARD JUDGE DEFEAT CORRUPTION.? No No No
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 08, 2013
vanstanzy:

Sorry to "BURST UR BUBBLE" grin grin grin, but lasttime i checked, he ruled with an iron-hand. With time ruling people with an iron-hand will lead to all the vices u just stated above. Now let me ask my own question, am i wrong?

Yes you are wrong! Plus, you make no iota of sense and I honestly dont know why Im answering you except that I'm extremely bored and should probably take my as*s to bed.

You said ruling with an iron-hand "will lead" to the vices I stated above as if you guys are disciplined or corrupt free right now. Besides, youre in a democracy so theres a limit to his power.

Yall NIgerians clearly dont want change I see, you just like to pretend like you do.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by joseph1832(m): 9:35am On Jan 08, 2013
@Everyone believe me Buhari is no better than GEJ, our present crop of politicians are ten and tempest! They're all the same! What does a 70 years old man has to over? If this was the United States he'll be in a retirement home but he's here now contesting political power!

GEJ is no better than Buhari! We need to do away with all these old and corrupt politicians.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 08, 2013
0lumide: Scared already? Heheheh 2015 is two years away like 2011 was two years ago.. Grandma will say, next tomorrow is not far, it becomes tomorrow by tomorrow.

To your thread.

I think we can assure ourselves that Buhari's administration was far better than that of OBJ, and IBB and going by GEJ's performance, Buhari's administration is bound to be the best in Nigeria's history till date. And that is bad. Really really bad.

It's sad enough that the only man that can be trusted is Buhari but the saddest thing is that he is the only one with a very bright chance of winning the evil PDP.

You should go through GENBUHARI's posts on NL. That will help you. I think people on NL are tired of your insincerity wrapped up in moronic propaganda.

THREAD CLOSED!!

WALAHI,this Reno Omockery guy(jonathan's PA on Internet and Blogging) is a first class Comedian.He almost killed me with lafta after reading his post.
Infact,with his post,he succeeded in highlighting areas Buhari should Sincerely WORK on.
From post to post,Reno Omockery aka Beaf,DERI/Akpos on Saharareporters,insincere9gerian,Taharqa,Billygoatnaire,etc etc keep showing us the same lies over and over again.
He must think we are stupid.
Sorry Bros,we are not that dumb.

Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by joseph1832(m): 9:41am On Jan 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend, if you had been following my comments on this forum, you'd know that I dont pretend about anything. I say it the way it is or expected to be. A Buhari as president will MOST ASSUREDLY appoint an Alhaji as finance minister. Pure and simple!
Like your Profess saviour GEJ appointed a south south indegene as minister of finance right! Abegi bros... Jus so you know, you don't say things the way they are, you merely voice your opinions and undying support of PDP and GEJ led government!. There's a vast difference.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 08, 2013
joseph1832: @Everyone believe me Buhari is no better than GEJ, our present crop of politicians are ten and tempest! They're all the same! What does a 70 years old man has to over? If this was the United States he'll be in a retirement home but he's here now contesting political power!

Go and google RONALD REAGAN then come back and tell me what you found out.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 08, 2013
Vengeance! Vengeance!! Vengeance!!! Buhari is out to mk life uncomfortable for those dat hav md his difficult since 1985! To him, they are our problem nd d bane of our development.
I read his interview nd all i saw ws a very bitter man.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by lookmangiw(m): 9:52am On Jan 08, 2013
[quote
author=Billyonaire]If Buhari contests again, he will seal his destiny
as a failure in life, I advise him not to attempt contesting. Well, I do
know the following will happen if Buhari becomes President;
* EFCC will be scrapped
* Power Sector reform will be put on hold to 'investigate' all the funds
injected into the sector since 1999
But the fact is, with all these expectations in mind, it is not worth
appointing an half educated, religiously emotional, radically
unpredicted, Tribally biased, militarily back-grounded, Boko nominated,
aged and hausa accented Buhari to Aso Rock. We need new breed of
technocrats, people like GEJ, Akpabio, Fashola, Ribadu, Barth Nnaji,
Ngozi Iweala, Aganga, and the likes of Mike Adenuga, Aliko Dangote who
are tested and trusted in the economic management ideals. My piece, from
my mind.[/quote]please did i just hear you called gej a technocrat. come if na play make you stop am o.

1 Like

Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Truckpusher(m): 9:52am On Jan 08, 2013
If Buhari should become the president and decides to fight corruption the way Nigerians want it done and the passion he's shown to fight corruption if given the opportunity.....he would be assassinated because he would be stepping on too many toes across this country this is one mistake GEJ doesn't want to make and that's where wisdom comes in.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by aduje(m): 9:52am On Jan 08, 2013
Buhari will do something if he comes back...that is carry out VENDETTA and steal money he did not have the brain to steal during the PTF era.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by PointB: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2013
danjohn: Sincere 9gerian you are a paid PDP agent. Why are you obsessed with Buhari? LEAVE BUHARI ALONE!!!

I don't quite get why we should leave Buhari alone. A lot of Nigerians would certainly like to know what Buhari forgot in the State House, that corpers had to die because he lost election.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by ypzilanti: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2013
Billyonaire: Well, I do know the following will happen if Buhari becomes President;
* EFCC will be scrapped

Hahahahahaaha. GEJ is a technocrat? Please remove that name from the sentence ASAP. Even as a joke, that is a bad joke.

I do not think Buhari is savvy enough for modern Nigeria. He would better serve as head of EFCC in a government headed by one of the othet people you listed as technocrats.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 08, 2013
Truckpusher: If Buhari should become the president and decides to fight corruption the way Nigerians want it done and the passion he's shown to fight corruption if given the opportunity.....he would be assassinated because he would be stepping on too many toes across this country this is one mistake GEJ doesn't want to make and that's where wisdom comes in.

Oh my god, You call avoiding doing the right thing and looting the country's funds in the process "WISDOM"?!!?
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 08, 2013
joseph1832:
Like your Profess saviour GEJ appointed a south south indegene as minister of finance right! Abegi bros... Jus so you know, you don't say things the way they are, you merely voice your opinions and undying support of PDP and GEJ led government!. There's a vast difference.
Good comment. Okonjo Iweala, the current finance minister is from southsouth/Igbo. Whether she was appointed because of competence or place of birth is open for debate. But any fair minded person will think she was most likely appointed because of competence (after all even OBJ appointed her too). But the issue is if we can know who Buhari may likely appoint as finance minister, should Buhari become president, then we can compare to know if we'r better off with the incumbent or with the potential finance minister of Buhari
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2013
utumunta: Vengeance! Vengeance!! Vengeance!!! Buhari is out to mk life uncomfortable for those dat hav md his difficult since 1985! To him, they are our problem nd d bane of our development.

Arent they the bane to your development?

1 Like

Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by PointB: 9:57am On Jan 08, 2013
@topic,

It doesn't have to be Buhari in 2015, neither does it have to be GEJ.

But if Buhari squares up against GEJ in 2015, well, we just have to make sure that the man who truncated democracy is not rewarded with it. Buhari belong to the zoo!
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by ypzilanti: 9:59am On Jan 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

So long as it is a competent Alahaji, what is the issue? If you are asked to bring evidence that buhari is a bigot, you will be silent. Of course Nigerians are too emotional about such issues and easy to deceive. Its not your fault that many are so foolish.

1 Like

Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 08, 2013
okosodo: Nigerians should note that northern muslims will slowly but surely make nigeria an islamic state. This is a fact because the real islam(the one practised by northerners) can not be separated from politics.

the truth of the matter be say, there is no amount of grammar that will make buhari rule this country. nigerians are wiser now, wise enough not to be conned with military ideology.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I say it the way it is or expected to be. A Buhari as president will MOST ASSUREDLY appoint an Alhaji as finance minister. Pure and simple!

And you just say a lot of rubbish!

Buhari's finance Minister when he was Head Of State was Dr. O.O Soleye.....doesnt sound like an Alhaji to me.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by ypzilanti: 10:03am On Jan 08, 2013
Truckpusher: If Buhari should become the president and decides to fight corruption the way Nigerians want it done and the passion he's shown to fight corruption if given the opportunity.....he would be assassinated because he would be stepping on too many toes across this country this is one mistake GEJ doesn't want to make and that's where wisdom comes in.

Other countries advanced because their rulers were prepared to die for nations progress. google martin luther king, nelson mandela, mahatma ghandi. do u say we deserve lesser humans as president?
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by vanstanzy(m): 10:07am On Jan 08, 2013
kingoflag:

Yes you are wrong! Plus, you make no iota of sense and I honestly dont know why Im answering you except that I'm extremely bored and should probably take my as*s to bed.

You said ruling with an iron-hand "will lead" to the vices I stated above as if you guys are disciplined or corrupt free right now. Besides, youre in a democracy so theres a limit to his power.

Yall NIgerians clearly dont want change I see, you just like to pretend like you do.

So re-cyclingg means change to u, SMH! Guy, we need de-tribalized fresh bloods in leadership, not Buhari.
Besides, u re talking of taking ur @ss to bed by this time, 10am? Re u on leave or something? grin grin grin cos i don't understand.
On this note, i hand u over to Billyonaire for "dissection".
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by ypzilanti: 10:08am On Jan 08, 2013
kingoflag:

And you just say a lot of rubbish!

Buhari's finance Minister when he was Head Of State was Dr. O.O Soleye.....doesnt sound like an Alhaji to me.

Oya come and answer. Mr insincerenigerian.

It's funny how you will accuse someone of being an ethic bigot without proof, and in same sentence show yourself to be a bigot with ample proof.

If you want to know how a buhari regime will be, there is ample evidence from his last venture into office. I do however believe that buhari is not the sort of urbane, sophisticated and intellectual man/woman we need at the moment. He will have his purposes in a very good cabinet.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 08, 2013
anulaxad:

You are not getting my point. Do you want him killing innocent people because of no other reason but there religion where it's based.

Dont ask me stu*pid questions, I am not an imbe%cile.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Truckpusher(m): 10:12am On Jan 08, 2013
utumunta: Vengeance! Vengeance!! Vengeance!!! Buhari is out to mk life uncomfortable for those dat hav md his difficult since 1985! To him, they are our problem nd d bane of our development.
Thank you for this write-up, Buhari is a loose cannon ball whose ulterior motive to become the president was for a personal vendetta though he's going to fight corruption ,but we should also know that this is democracy , question is , is Buhari well groomed to wade through the treacherous waters of democracy?

Buhari's training as a military man will not let him stand and watch patiently while the technocrats and old dodgy politicians continue to loot the national treasury with impunity while he waits for all the time that bureaucracy allows to bring them to book.You can agree with me that somebody like Buhari would want to act decisively and immediately thereby setting him on a collision course with the house and senate, when it gets to this stage two scenarios will unfold....get impeached or he gives himself absolute dictatorial power and that will be it....A democratically elected dictator president with fanatical religious background is another civil war in the making.
Re: What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 08, 2013
Truckpusher: Thank you for this write-up, Buhari is a loose cannon ball whose ulterior motive to become the president was for a personal vendetta though he's going to fight corruption ,but we should also know that this is democracy , question is , is Buhari well groomed to wade through the treacherous waters of democracy?

Buhari's training as a military man will not let him stand and watch patiently while the technocrats and old dodgy politicians continue to loot the national treasury with impunity while he waits for all the time that bureaucracy allows to bring them to book.You can agree with me that somebody like Buhari would want to act decisively and immediately thereby setting him on a collision course with the house and senate, when it gets to this stage two scenarios will unfold....get impeached or he gives himself absolute dictatorial power and that will be it....A democratically elected dictator president with fanatical religious background is another civil war in the making.

And in your own world you just wrote a first class genius piece? Man, the special class of mo.rons Nigeria breeds is on another level.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Diagnosed With Cancer - TheTrentOnline / Ondo APC Expels Success Torukerijoh For Anti-Party Activities / Leaked Video: Kogi APC Suspends Muri Ajaka For Antiparty Activities, Lawsuit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.