Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,790 members, 7,882,754 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:21 PM

Delta Community Allays Fear Of Insecurity On Chevron Operations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Community Allays Fear Of Insecurity On Chevron Operations (542 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Hold 8 Hostage In Delta Community / Army Invades Delta Community, Seizes Pregnant Woman, Cripple / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delta Community Allays Fear Of Insecurity On Chevron Operations by EteFlexible: 9:00am On Jan 08, 2013
The Benikrukru community in Warri South West Local Government Area of Delta State has assured that the leadership tussle in the area would not disrupt the operations of Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL), a subsidiary of the United States oil giant.

Chairman of the community, Mr. Jeffrey Ojogun, stated this in a statement after receiving a vote of confidence passed on him and his executive by the people of the area.

Ojogun, whose tenure will expire in October this year, stated that there was no security threat to the operations of Chevron Nigeria Limited in the area.

He urged the United States oil giant to disregard the rumour of planned disruption of its operations in the area.

“As for Chevron operations, we will make sure that its facilities are well protected, we are going to ensure that there is no pipeline vandalism, no oil theft. It has not happened before and the people and Chevron know this quite well,” he said.

“We are telling members of the public in general and Chevron in particular that there is no security threat in Benikrukru community and that there is no cause for alarm. We are peace loving people of the state and the country and ours is to ensure the promotion of the peace and security agenda of the Delta State Government.”

He expressed his appreciation to the people of the community for the confidence passed on him and his executive.

“I am very grateful to the confidence all of you have reposed in my executives at this emergency meeting. We should put the purported dissolution behind us and forge ahead as one people; those who carried out this action are trying to cause disunity in our community and this is unacceptable to us. They are advised to thread the path of peace and promote the peace and security of our dynamic Governor Uduaghan.”

“I am still the Chairman of Benikrukru community. As far as the people are with me, I still remain the chairman. As far as the community is still with me I have full confidence. This leadership has been in place for the past two years and two months. I have made sure that there is peace in Benikrukru community,” he explained.
Re: Delta Community Allays Fear Of Insecurity On Chevron Operations by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 08, 2013
Good to hear they are committed to providing absolute security. However,with the way they're sounding so cocky of their capabilities,i can't help but think they'll let their guards down in no time.And the result? BOOM! Pipeline explosion, courtesy of saboteurs amongst them.

(1) (Reply)

Watch This Video And Tell Me What You Think About Terro In Africa / Govt Verifies Nigeria’s Assets, Uncovers 45,000 Ghost Workers / British And Same-sex Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.