Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,738 members, 7,875,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

NL Rap Battles chatroom - Rap Battles (767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / NL Rap Battles chatroom (1274065 Views)

NL Rap Battles Chatroom 2 / NL Rap Battles Top 10 Netcees Of 2014 / Nairaland Rap Battles Real Call Out Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (1118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 10:18pm On Jun 15, 2015
classyalabolas:
don't these people know they have a battle today?
what kind of indiscipline & fÜckery is this? ✘

Dude watsup,hv been searching for the thread since 6pm,pls give me link to the brawl...Oboi make dem know kill u with ban o "grin"
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
On Jigsawkillah vs 007bruce battle, although I'm not expected to vote, i'd give it to Jigsawkillah. He had better punchlines, wordplays etc. It's a nice battle.

That said, Jigsawkillah, 'Condom' no matter how forced or stretched can never rhyme or word-play with 'condemn'. So that wordplay is wrong. Also, your 'tiled' and 'carpet' was the right punchline, however your 'rugged' was totally wrong. 'Rugged' can never be used for a 'rug' which I'm guessing is the punchline you wanted to use alongside that of 'tiled' and 'carpet'.. The rest are okay.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
I don't want to be the one making a fuss about this but I think it's only right we take back the crits to it's normal points

punch: 3 points
rhymes: 2 points

why the sudden change? Is he trying to use it to his advantage or what?

cc: coogar
Ibime
Lagunna1
emaprince
guykhena

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by JigsawKillah(m): 10:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
sinizia:
On Jigsawkillah vs 007bruce battle, although I'm not expected to vote, i'd give it to Jigsawkillah. He had better punchlines, wordplays etc. It's a nice battle.

That said, Jigsawkillah, 'Condom' no matter how forced or stretched can never rhyme or word-play with 'condemn'. So that wordplay is wrong. Also, your 'tiled' and 'carpet' was the right punchline, however your 'rugged' was totally wrong. 'Rugged' can never be used for a 'rug' which I'm guessing is the punchline you wanted to use alongside that of 'tiled' and 'carpet'.. The rest are okay.

lol
rugged- to cover something with rug
that plays to me tho
condom is slant
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kinglahkay(m): 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2015
Ksslib:

i lost my phone this afternoon/evening. Gave somebody to go charge it for me, only for him to come back empty handed.. This is the second phone of mine that has gone missing in less than a month,do you know how painful that is?

I already had 3 bars written on it.. The rest were ideas i already had which i planned on typing down before the deadline..

I still had to look for a java phone so i wouldnt pull a no show.. Finally got one and Logged in around 8:07pm and went offline so i cld just rush and post something quick, only to later see that youve posted yours.. Wanted to tell you to give more time to meet up but anyway congrats on the no show win.. tongue

Atleast, now you know i didnt deliberately pull a no show.. Ive never pulled a no show before.

Respect boss

Ffr with the verse wanna feel my eyeballs wink
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by GIYAZZ(m): 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2015
sinizia:

Condom plays with Condemn.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
JigsawKillah:

lol
rugged- to cover something with rug
that plays to me tho
condom is slant

Lol. You got the rugged wrong, it never means to cover something with rug. tongue grin But you still won slightly to me, though. Dópe battle. cool
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Condom plays with Condemn.

No, it doesn't, even when forced. Once ends in DOM, the other in DEM. They don't even sound alike. It's over-forced.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by jreyez(m): 11:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
Dick
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2015
Kr0ne, your attention is needed here.

I read your verds and i noticed something. You kept harping on build-ups matching the final punchline. My questions are, is that a must? Can't some rhyme and throw punchlines from the start and end his qautrain with a different punchline?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by ELYMAXiimus(m): 11:28pm On Jun 15, 2015
sinizia:

No, it doesn't, even when forced. Once ends in DOM, the other in DEM. They don't even sound alike. It's over-forced.
school him well abeg...
English is a major problem in this section....
This is why they see a decent wordplay and say it's forced.
They see a forced play nd say it's decent.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 11:34pm On Jun 15, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

school him well abeg...
English is a major problem in this section....
This is why they see a decent wordplay and say it's forced.
They see a forced play nd say it's decent.

I gave that Judgment before Kr0ne and Guykhena gave their votes and they both spotted it. It's only a biased person or someone that doesn't know the use Of English that will disagree with me.. Condom for condemn is atrocious!!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kr0ne(m): 11:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
sinizia:

I gave that Judgment before Kr0ne and Guykhena gave their votes and they both spotted it. It's only a biased person or someone that doesn't know the use Of English that will disagree with me.. Condom for condemn is atrocious!!
I never applauded that Jig's opener, as u can see. Combination of 2 or more different concepts with a different final punch in one bar? Mbanu. Wordplays are meant to rhyme perfectly and play along with concept
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 1:21am On Jun 16, 2015
kr0ne:

I never applauded that Jig's opener, as u can see. Combination of 2 or more different concepts with a different final punch in one bar? Mbanu. Wordplays are meant to rhyme perfectly and play along with concept

I'm glad we're on the same page. Anyway, i mentioned a problem of mine to you, guess you missed it.

sinizia:
Kr0ne, your attention is needed here.

I read your verds and i noticed something. You kept harping on build-ups matching the final punchline. My questions are, is that a must? Can't some rhyme and throw punchlines from the start and end his qautrain with a different punchline?

I'll really need you to clarify this issue because while many of my punchlines matched with the set-ups, not all did, but all had the same rhyme scheme for each quatrain. If all the punchlines must match the set-ups, it will be really hard to achieve, IMHO.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kr0ne(m): 2:05am On Jun 16, 2015
sinizia:

I'm glad we're on the same page. Anyway, i mentioned a problem of mine to you, guess you missed it.

I'll really need you to clarify this issue because while many of my punchlines matched with the set-ups, not all did, but all had the same rhyme scheme for each quatrain. If all the punchlines must match the set-ups, it will be really hard to achieve, IMHO.
It's simple. For each quatrain, you must have at least one punchline, and ur punchline must harmonise with the setup. I gave example of Jig's opener. He started with the condom concept; along the line he highlighted 'ruff ryder' and 'gold circle'. I was expecting the final punch to match with idea but instead he derailed to rug and carpets. That's a no-no. The relevance is not there and that alone ruined the opener.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kinglahkay(m): 4:55am On Jun 16, 2015
kr0ne:

Eg lib-bar = libber

Squad run = squadron

cheesy grin grin grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kr0ne(m): 6:30am On Jun 16, 2015
kinglahkay:

Eg lib-bar = libber

Squad run = squadron

cheesy grin grin grin
Lol! We didn't have to judge your brawl because your opponent pulled a no-show. But that libber is ok. Squadron is outplayed.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by gottoboy(m): 7:09am On Jun 16, 2015
007Bruce:
no prob, nice verse
Wetin Nice
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 7:13am On Jun 16, 2015
kr0ne:

It's simple. For each quatrain, you must have at least one punchline, and ur punchline must harmonise with the setup. I gave example of Jig's opener. He started with the condom concept; along the line he highlighted 'ruff ryder' and 'gold circle'. I was expecting the final punch to match with idea but instead he derailed to rug and carpets. That's a no-no. The relevance is not there and that alone ruined the opener.

Kai!! sadsad Mehn, so I'm going to dispose some of my bars because they didn't match the punchlines in some quatrain? sadsad

Pheew!! This shít is harder than i thought, especially for a greenhorn like me working against the clock to pull a first-time victory against an old head. I'll give it my best shot.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 7:17am On Jun 16, 2015
kinglahkay:

Eg lib-bar = libber

Squad run = squadron

cheesy grin grin grin

Though your lines were okay, but the Ksslíb that i know, would have won you hands down if he dropped bars of his high standards. Congratulations on your safe passage. Your own better. grin
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by 007Bruce: 7:22am On Jun 16, 2015
gottoboy:
Wetin Nice
?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kinglahkay(m): 7:28am On Jun 16, 2015
kr0ne:

Lol! We didn't have to judge your brawl because your opponent pulled a no-show. But that libber is ok. Squadron is outplayed.

That's why I hate digging out wordplays

I rather stick to nameflip from today henceforth

1 Like

Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by kinglahkay(m): 7:33am On Jun 16, 2015
sinizia:

Though your lines were okay, but the Ksslíb that i know, would have won you hands down if he dropped bars of his high standards. Congratulations on your safe passage. Your own better. grin

Which won hands down most of my bars flew over ya head I guess tongue

Anticipating your a$s being whoop l;Dl I mean match

Wasn't even chanced to pen a bar till yesterday evening I was just saving the punchlines in my cerebellum
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 7:40am On Jun 16, 2015
kinglahkay:

Which won hands down most of my bars flew over ya head I guess tongue

Anticipating your a$s being whoop l;Dl I mean match

Wasn't even chanced to pen a bar till yesterday evening I was just saving the punchlines in my cerebellum

LOL. I didn't say that to belittle you or your efforts though. Ksslíb has a good penmanship game. Ask others if I'm wrong or not. But I'm dead sure, if the Ksslìb i know of brings his bars against yours, he'll win.

As for my àss getting whooped - let's wait till Thursday. I've got nothing to lose anyways. grin cool
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by classyalabolas: 10:44am On Jun 16, 2015
Kr0ne is the one creating the battle threads for today.
Guykhena is the one creating the battles threads for Wednesday ✘
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by dj5naira(m): 10:46am On Jun 16, 2015
Shocker!
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
classyalabolas:
Kr0ne is the one creating the battle threads for today.

Guykhena is the one creating the battles threads for Wednesday ✘
Around Which time will krOne be creating the thread?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 12:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Jig came up with more heavy stuff than bruce,a well deserv win though,kudos to our judges so far...

Sinizia hwfa na "D"
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Jig came up with more heavy stuff than bruce,a well deserv win though,kudos to our judges so far...

Sinizia hwfa na "grin"

I'm cool, bro. Though i don't like the fact that only 2 judges were online last night to give their verds. It makes the tourney look rétarded. All the Judges ought to be online to give their verds on time so the Ruth of this tourney can look a bit serious and not shaky.

When are you battling?
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by danbrowndmf(m): 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
sinizia:

I'm cool, bro. Though i don't like the fact that only 2 judges were online last night to give their verds. It makes the tourney look rétarded. All the Judges ought to be online to give their verds on time so the Ruth of this tourney can look a bit serious and not shaky.

When are you battling?
Ibime don't really come online this days,i believ coogar will be online for today brawl mayb he was busy or he 4got,stuffs like that...

Mhen i'm battling today o.cheesy
pray for me "grin"
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by sinizia: 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Ib.ime don't really come online this days,i believ coo.gar will be online for today brawl mayb he was busy or he 4got,stuffs like that...

Mhen i'm battling today o.cheesy
pray for me "grin"

They better be. Seeing them giving verds adds spice to the battles.

Don't fret, even if you lose out, you'll learn from your mistakes and come back strong. You are the dark horse so you have nothing to lose. Likewise me, I've got nothing to lose against Gladys, but I'm determined to surpass people's expectations of me.
Re: NL Rap Battles chatroom by Emaprince: 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Your set ups MUST match with your punchlines!

Sometimes, a weaker punchline will become interesting when the set up is amazing. If they doesn't match, it will look disjointed and uninteresting.

The essence of the set up is to tell a short story which will explain the punchline better. Most wordies, mets may be diffuclt to understand but, a proper set up will give people a clue and once the final punch lands, it won't fly over their heads.

If you don't have a punchline, of what use is the set up? This isn't a freestyle, you know!

Check this....

If calabar boy insult ma niggas/ we will wait till he cross past rivers/
You'll swear he was planked by an MLS team, when all da homies in 'port land timber' /
..Ibime

In the above, the set up connected well with the punch. Ibime's opponent is Uduak, an akwa ibom/calabar boy while Ibime is a portharcourt brought up. If he crosses river state, portharcourt homies will land timbers on him, kill him with timbers..whatever. Then, there is an MLS team called portlandtimbers. This is where the wordplay comes in.

He should stay alone and pray for his sins/ cos I'm dispatching goons to his home to slay all his kins/
They will make him die like steven in the bible, they just 'a stone throw' away from his crib/
..Ema prince

Sincce I wanted to use "a stone throw away from his crib", I had to make the build up look like he will be at home when the goons will visit him. That's why I talked about kins also. You already know that steven died by stoning...this is where the creativity come in. Its hard but you can do it.

Cc
Sinizia etc

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (1118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.