Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,848 members, 7,872,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? (12269 Views)

10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy / Things You Should Give-up To Be Happy / 10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by oraclefemi(m): 10:16am On Jan 10, 2013
Is Marriage For Everyone? An Eye Opener read at www.femishine..com
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by arbitrage: 10:26am On Jan 10, 2013
Yes, you can be happy forever especially if that person is Jesus Christ.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by UyiIredia(m): 10:27am On Jan 10, 2013
I think I can. Especially if the love is strong and the sex life is swell.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by tunapawizzy: 10:30am On Jan 10, 2013
Dear poster , are u an orphan? If not , are u keeping malice with ur parents? If not, feel free go ahead, walk up to ur father/mother , better still sit both of them down and ask them this kweshun.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by miftah: 10:35am On Jan 10, 2013
Ee yah, i advice u to remain single, uv already develop bad mind wit ur wife and unborn children, so not to offend god and ursef, kindly REMAIN SINGLE, but to ba ko oju si e ko ta, to ba ko ehin si e, ko ............., then to ba ku iwo nikan ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?,
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Sprumbaba: 10:38am On Jan 10, 2013
q

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by stonefaze: 10:44am On Jan 10, 2013
Ur answer lies when u grow old with ur partner,bestfriend till d end.Ask those who grow old alone,they'l tell u never pray 2 b alone without a life partner.I know u are asking this @ ur present state of mind,but the end justifies the means.happiness with the opposite sex is not all about sex my broda.cheers.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by baby124: 10:49am On Jan 10, 2013
Sprumbaba: I am happy with my wife. I will still be there with her in 50 years to come. She is a gem. We play like we just met after several kids. Nothing compares.
Nice. Congrats. grin
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by omoekoni(m): 11:03am On Jan 10, 2013
Been off this site in a while. Good to be back

My favourite topic. I will keep it short and simple.

LOVE IS CURSED BY MONOGAMY. You have to choose between LOVE and MARRIAGE. You can't ever have both.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by coolzeal(m): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2013
This is why it is essential to marry for love and not otherwise..
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by afroxyz: 11:27am On Jan 10, 2013
When you stop thinking with your dick and start looking out for other qualities, then you would be able to stay with someone for the rest of your life
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by olyg: 11:48am On Jan 10, 2013
once you make a decision to marry somebody,that decision is for life.marriage is for better for worst.you must be happy and sexually honest with that person for life.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by dasparrow: 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
@Post

I have no idea. Generally speaking, I get easily bored of people because most people are so predictable after a while. Besides, remember the saying "familiarity breeds contempt"? Moreover, happiness is relative. What makes one person happy is not what will make the next person happy. I also think it is not a good idea to depend on other people for your happiness. Human beings have a tendency to change like the weather.

Depending on a person to make you happy is a risky liaison because that person can mess you up at anytime once he/she realizes that your happiness depends on him/her. Personally, I find ways to make myself happy and one way I do that is keeping toxic losers and obnoxious people at bay. After all, the bible has said that "if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off......" you can complete the rest of that sentence.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by salt1: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
I guess your concern is whether your sex life will remain exciting all through the marriage, right?
Sex is a tiny aspect of a married couple,s life. It is important, all the same. But over time many other things become even more important: a sick husband who has erectile dysfunction, a newly pregnant wife spitting with nausea, sick babies, loss of career etc.
At such times, your spouse becomes a friend and I tell you, you need a friend to share your life not just a sex machine to amuse you.

I've been married for a long time

4 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by salt1: 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
I guess your concern is whether your sex life will remain exciting all through the marriage, right?
Sex is a tiny aspect of a married couple,s life. It is important, all the same. But over time many other things become even more important: a sick husband who has erectile dysfunction, a newly pregnant wife spitting with nausea, sick babies, loss of career etc.
At such times, your spouse becomes a friend and I tell you, you need a friend to share your life not just a sex machine to amuse you.And who better than a long standing partner who is committed to being with you through thick and thin.

I've been married for a long time

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by antontech(m): 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
Y not
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2013
u cant be happy with the same person 'all the time' forever. but neither would u be hopping from one partner to another. happiness comes from within mate.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Clemzy16(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
@op You speak exacly my mind. If not for the children having a wonderful parents with no step-parents nor siblings; i see no reason why i should be stuck with one woman for the rest of my life. AtLEasT nO bE fOR tHIs 21ceNTutY mAKe tOtO deY yaNfU-yaNfU liK wAtER!!
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
It is possible.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by mu2sa2: 2:50pm On Jan 10, 2013
marriage is a commitment to remain together come what may, be it sickess, poverty,wealth or whatever. U ar specific about happiness - u should know that happiness is self induced in d sense that u chose forurself that state of mind. Yes, u can live with the same person for life and be happy if u want to - the choice is yours. There are countless couples around who hav been married for decades and are not thinking of calling it quits. In fact many older couples will tell u that they never really had any contact b4 wedding- their parents arranged d marriage. And their union has stood maybe 50 years - why? They see marriage as commitment unlike these days that u talk of only love, somfin u dont even understand.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 10, 2013
omoekoni:
LOVE IS CURSED BY MONOGAMY. You have to choose between LOVE and MARRIAGE. You can't ever have both.
is this in any way influenced by u growing up in a broken home grin
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by DeLaRue: 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
Absolutely. Why not!

I've been married only 4 yrs, so some might say it's too early for me to say. However, dear wife and I are absolutely happy with things. It's been 4yrs honeymoon. We have hit this sweet spot in our relationship, thanks in no small measure to my wonderful wife.

Great friend, sister & wife; fantastic mother; selfless; cheerful; great lover of God; and lest I forget, a wonderful 'Animashaun' in the bedroom toogrin

What more can I ask for---shall I break into Azonto cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Toks2008(m): 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
Well, i have been married for 5years but i have known my wife for 11years.

The strange fact is that each day, i want to be with her more and more. Believe me, i don't even know if this is love or not because we have had serious misunderstandings in the past but we are still very much happy together so i just concluded that our happiness together could be probably because we are more of friends than lovers because this Love thing seems to wear off with time but friendship and open mindedness(communication) i guess will keep a man and woman happy forever.

So my advice to you is that you should marry a friend and not just a stranger. This is my take on this.

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by 2legit2qwt: 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2013
@all
Thanks to everyone for their contributions.
My point was definitely misconstrued by some. Regardless of the fact that only I can make myself happy, my partner surely has a part to play on how much I’m able to experience it.
Although I do agree with most that it is possible, however, it will take more than love to actually be with someone for as long as forever (however long that is). I’d not use my parents’ marriage as a yardstick considering all the sh1t my mom took from my dad and vice versa. Not to be disrespectful to my dad in any ways, Lord knows I’d not trade him for another man in the world and I loved him to death (bless his soul), I don’t think women of these days will take the sh1ts some of our parents took, the times have changed which is why divorce rates have increased over the years.

The poster above me definitely made a good point, being friends also help, but how many are married to their friends?
Love definitely isn’t enough if you’re true to yourself.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by kandiikane(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2013
The 'being in love' itself disappears after a while and what you are left with is the emotional attachment and comfort.

People don't stay with eachother for so long because they are in love but because of comfort.

I personally don't know how I can live with just man alone. Thinking that far makes me realise how scary it actually is. I find it quite boring especially when everyday is the same old routine.

1 Like

Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by 2legit2qwt: 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
Kandiikane,

Thanks babe, I totally agree with you and I miss you as well smiley
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by kandiikane(m): 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2013
Awwh, I miss you too but I see you have your hands full.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by 2legit2qwt: 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2013
Hands full with wetin? Haha let me try not to derail. Visit the derailers thread every now and then cheesy

@topic

I'll consider giving it a chance wink
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2013
Your life is how you make it....sharing your life with someone supposed to add more value to one's life in so many ways....... good value's not fake and will never fade and gives you the drive for longevity ......

So OP yes it's very possible to be Happy with the same person forever...

before you settle for a life partner think again; Do we share the same values? Or you just want to manage hoping that he/she will change? I pity you.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by bongila(f): 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2013
With my man,three lifetimes isn't enough for me oo!
Gawd! I love him so much.
Re: Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? by demitola(m): 12:19am On Jan 11, 2013
Frm ur tots put into words, its apparent u've bin takin time listenin 2 doz stand-up comedianz comparin mariage wid 'Cable tv and one channel'. Dnt be misled! Except if u came frm a broken home, ask ur Popman ao he kld stay wid his wife all diz yrz til u kld recognize both of dem as ur parents, mariage is far mor dan d intimacy section, its serius- sweet bizness dependin on d way u handle it. Bt i tel u, u cant finish explorin d dynamiks of a gud woman xcpt only if u married 4d wrong reasonz.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Marry Your Third Cousin? / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? / Christian Marriage Is Not For Better For Worse......not Biblical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.