Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,519 members, 7,878,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 05:16 PM

Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister (5137 Views)

Nigeria, US Sign MOU On 10,000MW Power Africa Initiative • Anambra Gets 1,500MW / Power: FG Seeks $450m From Islamic Development Bank / 10,000MW Not Realisable By December - Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 10, 2013
addey: But our transmission line can only take 7,500MW.
So how do we transmit the generated power
abeg help me ask! Till the day i see 18hrs light everyday in my house,then i refuse to believe anything.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by Hoii(m): 10:23am On Jan 10, 2013
Na today? Make i go buy fuel down for night jare
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by Two4Two(m): 10:25am On Jan 10, 2013
10,000 mega watts or not my area in Akute precisely Arifanla have not seen light for the past one week
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by vanstanzy(m): 10:43am On Jan 10, 2013
fkaz: ABUJA—The Federal Government achieved 6,443 mega watts of electricity power, at the end of last year, the Minister of State (Power), Mrs. Zainab Kuchi disclosed yesterday.

Kuchi noted that power transmission peaked at 4517.6mw on December 23, 2012 due to additional 450mw generated in the fourth quarter.
According to her, the Federal Government would continue to pursue its action plan towards the realization of the 10, 000 mega watts at the end of the year.

This she said, would be achieved through the implementation of a variety of strategies which would include funding the sector through private sector participation.

Besides, sources of the power generation would be expanded to include renewable energy and rural electrification.

Similarly, Mrs. Kuchi said government would fund power transmission projects outside budgetary provisions.

Also speaking, the Spokesman of the Transmission Company Nigeria, TCN, Dave Ifabiyi, said his organization would work assiduously towards a consistent upscale performance of the sector.

“As gas supply continues to improve and more National Integrated Power Projects (NIPPs) come on stream, the transmission and distribution companies will continue to harness every available generation to ensure that stable electricity supply is delivered to electricity customers”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/power-fg-to-meet-10-000mw-target-by-december-minister/

Lets say this scheme is feasible, how do u intend to manage the corruption and saboteurs in the system? Cos this has always been Nigerias biggest bane to development in all sectors of the economy. Failure to answer that, then we could as well be going round in circles.
"To attack a problem, one needs to get to the roots". Hope FG are doing or have done their homework in this regard.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by lacasa: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2013
fkaz: ABUJA—The Federal Government achieved 6,443 mega watts of electricity power, at the end of last year, the Minister of State (Power), Mrs. Zainab Kuchi disclosed yesterday.

Kuchi noted that power transmission peaked at 4517.6mw on December 23, 2012 due to additional 450mw generated in the fourth quarter.
According to her, the Federal Government would continue to pursue its action plan towards the realization of the 10, 000 mega watts at the end of the year.

This she said, would be achieved through the implementation of a variety of strategies which would include funding the sector through private sector participation.

Besides, sources of the power generation would be expanded to include renewable energy and rural electrification.

Similarly, Mrs. Kuchi said government would fund power transmission projects outside budgetary provisions.

Also speaking, the Spokesman of the Transmission Company Nigeria, TCN, Dave Ifabiyi, said his organization would work assiduously towards a consistent upscale performance of the sector.

“As gas supply continues to improve and more National Integrated Power Projects (NIPPs) come on stream, the transmission and distribution companies will continue to harness every available generation to ensure that stable electricity supply is delivered to electricity customers”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/power-fg-to-meet-10-000mw-target-by-december-minister/

Kk
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by onyxo76(m): 10:51am On Jan 10, 2013
please am tired of these megawatts nonsense!!! give me the electricity supply!!
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by vanstanzy(m): 10:54am On Jan 10, 2013
Demdem: Why dont u meet it first and talk about it. The jubilation will be sweeter.

GBAAAM!!!
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by ldpele(m): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2013
one of d reasons i left nigeria,no to stay on planet earth without enjoyn steady supply of power
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by taharqa: 11:34am On Jan 10, 2013
ypzilanti: GEJ has the opportunity to make the most important strides in the power sector. If he can be focused, the plans on the drawing board are good enough to solve the power problem before the end of his tenure. That said, Knowing GEJ, he will not get this done. Why? Because he does not have the strength of character, or the development drive required. That burning zeal to make Nigeria better, and not mind whose ox is gored, is completely absent in the man.
@yzilanti, i am quoting so as to bookmark cos i fully intend to play it back to you when d time comes. Cheers...
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by bubadaniel13: 11:45am On Jan 10, 2013
I can see some people on this platform who don"t want good things to happen to Nigeria,cant"t we be optimistic for ones?there is no way our leaders can succeed if we dont support them...As for me i will pray to see the change in the power sector.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by ypzilanti: 11:49am On Jan 10, 2013
taharqa: @yzilanti, i am quoting so as to bookmark cos i fully intend to play it back to you when d time comes. Cheers...

No wahala. In what way does it favor me that my President is apparently not capable of doing his job? None.

I will be so happy to be proven wrong, however it is not my nature to believe people without a track record of performance.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by Hardfact: 11:49am On Jan 10, 2013
Such an irrelevant declaration. Even a mad man has got better things to say. They better stick their as.s to work and stitch their mouth with needle.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by ypzilanti: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2013
bubadaniel13: I can see some people on this platform who don"t want good things to happen to Nigeria,cant"t we be optimistic for ones?there is no way our leaders can succeed if we dont support them...As for me i will pray to see the change in the power sector.

...how many times does a man have to kill a lion before he is called a 'Lion Killer?'

Check previous promises, to determine what the outcome of latest promise will be.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by ypzilanti: 11:53am On Jan 10, 2013
Uduaghan and T.A. Orji are promising too.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by dasparrow: 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
@Post

I don't believe anything these leaders say anymore. Instead of promising and promising, they should let their actions speak for themselves.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by bodejohn(m): 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2013
Everybody should know that power generation capacity is different from actual power generated.
You can have capacity to generate 1 million MW and only utilize half or a quarter of your capacity.
More like the story of our refineries having capacity to refining 60% of what is consumed daily.
We all know the usual story of the refineries.

Also, the capacity actually generated can be greatly reduced or impacted by the transmission and distribution system.
While the government is investing their energies in generation, much more or same effort should be invested in the transmission and distribution lines.

A good example is my community with about 300 houses and without a single transformer, even if 20,000MW is generated, i will still only get about 90 Volts from the over 1km length of cable that gives me power from the nearest transformer.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by bubadaniel13: 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2013
ypzilanti:

...how many times does a man have to kill a lion before he is called a 'Lion Killer?'

Check previous promises, to determine what the outcome of latest promise will be.
We must admit that there is a great improvement,we must give them the benefit of doubt.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by DIYTechnologies: 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
Na today?
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by ypzilanti: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2013
bubadaniel13: We must admit that there is a great improvement,we must give them the benefit of doubt.

Scroll up to the related Nairaland links advertised on top of this page.

Power Generation In Lagos To Reach 3,000MW / Power Supply To Hit 9,000mw In December, Nnaji Promises / Benin-lagos Road To Be Completed December – Minister

Click on the links, and then type 'SORRY' to me after that.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by ladman(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2013
When December comes, another story might come up, but I dey cross my hands and legs now for January,waiting to see, hope I won't shake my head by December
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by ballabriggs: 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
NA TODAY

nwabobo: Prof Bart Nnaji, the Minister of Power, said on Friday that power supply in the country would reach above 9,000mw by December if all challenges confronting gas supply were resolved.

Nnaji made the statement in Abuja at a one-day meeting between the Ministry of Power and Ministry of Petroleum Resources with other stakeholders in the oil and gas sector.

“As you know, the Federal Government has been doing a lot to ensure that we rapidly accelerate power supply situation in the country,’’ he said.

Nnaji said Mr President launched the power roadmap in 2010 and“ as part of that, we are aligning the entire value chain of power production level. “The critical element in that is that of gas supply.’’

He said the ` `Ministry of Petroleum Resources and Ministry of Power have been working together to ensure that we bridge whatever gap.’’

The minister said the country would collaborate with international oil producers and the producers of gas and transportation to ensure that the gap was filled.

He explained that when all the National Integrated Power Producers would start functioning in December and gas supply was steady to the plants, more electricity would get to consumers.

According to him, many of the independent power producers are ready except gas supply, which is holding them from taking off. NAN

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/power-supply-to-hit-9000mw-in-december-nnaji-promises/
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by AGBORMAN1(m): 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
I AM VERY HAPPY TO HEAR GOOD NEWS ABOUT MY FATHERLAND CALLED "NIGERIA"

GLASS HALF FULL IS BETTER THAN GLASS HALF EMPTY

I AM THINKING OF DUMPING MY BRITISH CITIZENSHIP VERY SOON

GEJ 2011 to 2019
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by Arosa(m): 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2013
Man can dream o. lipsrsealed
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by nlofficial(m): 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2013
Why should this topic make the front page? Oh well I remember, Nairaland is about business.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by onatisi(m): 3:55pm On Jan 10, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:
I AM VERY HAPPY TO HEAR GOOD NEWS ABOUT MY FATHERLAND CALLED "NIGERIA"

GLASS HALF FULL IS BETTER THAN GLASS HALF EMPTY

I AM THINKING OF DUMPING MY BRITISH CITIZENSHIP VERY SOON

GEJ 2011 to 2019

wahlahi you go run back go uk,you want to believe nigerian politicians that can promise to build a five star hotel on the moon?
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by ocelot2006(m): 7:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
baynix:

Smh!! When South Africa Dey Use 50K MW??

Team Anti-GEJ Are The Progressive!

So you expect the GEJ to fix a system damaged for FIFTY+ YEARS and generate 50k MW? All within 2-3years?! Haba!
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by ocelot2006(m): 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
Why do I have this feeling that a number of fools here are actually praying for the FG's failure in this critical sector? Una bi winch?! Tufia!
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by demmy(m): 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2013
Electricity generation is privatized now so I believe the target is feasible.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by kolokolobi(m): 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2013
Ocelot2006 he should not have run to become president then. Guys you mean you have not recognised this trick.....this time next year when the promise is not met they would have had enough time to manufacture the excuses.....second bass jare..
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 10, 2013
If this info is accurate, it's a good step in the right direction. But in d grand scheme of things, Naija needs to be generating and transmitting at least 80,000MW to ensure 24-hour power supply. As another poster stated, the transmission infrastructure needs to be upgraded before we all enjoy the benefits of increased electricity generation.
Re: Power: FG To Meet 10, 000mw Target By December – Minister by dokunbam(m): 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
by december? let wait and see its gonna be a miracle

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Dayo Adeneye Lost APC House Of Assembly Ticket For Odogbolu / Biafran People Launch New Radio Station, Details / See The Face On The New N20 Note [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.