Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,760 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:12 AM

Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni (10183 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / Live Updates 9 Jan: Winners At The 2013 Glo CAF Awards!!! / Nigerians May Miss Out On Watching The 2013 Nations Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Asports: 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
“I don’t see them winning the trophy. May be, in a future edition, definitely, not this,” he said.
http://allsports.com.ng/2013/01/11/super-eagles-will-not-win-the-2013-nations-cup-waidi-akanni/
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Bolt2011(m): 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
Well, I'm sure Nigerians won't be disappointed. Wish them luck though
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by 2bosun: 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
No be lie, where are the goals coming from?
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Freiburger(m): 3:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
before nko?
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by mosho2good: 3:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
Nigeria are not even to qualify from the geoup stage
trust me
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by presegsADESIDA(m): 3:36pm On Jan 11, 2013
How true...
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Braimoh100(m): 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2013
[quote author=Asports]
Who dash monkey banana.Are u even sure whether the will qualify in their group stage. cheesy[quote author=Asports]
Who dash monkey banana.Are u even sure whether the will qualify in their group stage.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Sike(m): 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
Can this Man shuttup for now??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by slimming: 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
Until then, no need to condemn anybody.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by proflangdon(m): 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2013
He can say what he likes!! If the Super Eagles will put more into their game, nothing will stop them. Be optimistic!!!
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Freiburger(m): 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2013
slimming: Until then, no need to condemn anybody.
Which one be till then? dem go dey fuc-k up for your eye na so you go dey look dem. Team wey fit win Nations cup na once dem dey know na.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by executinal(m): 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
Friendly match does not mean anything to me. Is better we under-perform during friendly and do well in S.A.
Same thing people were saying during our game with Liberia and at the end what happened?
Lets wait and see their outing first before we kill them with our mouth.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by enujekorjoseph: 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2013
An ex-international,Waidi Akann has spoken his mind, but personally, I believe this boys would deliver by the special grace of God.
I wish them well.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by executinal(m): 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2013
Freiburger:
Which one be till then? dem go dey fuc-k up for your eye na so you go dey look dem. Team wey fit win Nations cup na once dem dey know na.
Why didn't Ghana or C.IV win it for the last edition?
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
Waiting for TB Joshua ...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Jencejyde(m): 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
Hmmm...Its hard to see where the optimism for winning the AFCON truly lies... One thing i do appreciate however, is the fact that we have a good balance of homebased and foreign pros in this present team. It may not go down well with too many people but if the attitude is right, i believe our hopes of winning anything at AFCON 2013 lies in the effort produced by these homebased group.

They are the ones who really have a lot to play for and hopefully our technical crew can get them prepared mentally physically and strategically.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
Just because of that Cape Verde game. When they played against Catalunya, everyone was commending them.
Well, I ll only blame Keshi cause Emenike & Ideye are not as sharp as Martins. He has no reason to drop that guy.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by tessyade: 3:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
What he said is not strange or is anyone expecting the super eagles to win the nations cup?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by abbeynism(m): 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
before the commencement of the last nations cup, can you tip Zambia as a favorite or eventual of the competition. We shall all see. My National TEAM will win and even if they don't I still love them. UP EAGLES!!!
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by mu2sa2: 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2013
The writing is on the wall; but many will chose to ignore it. Realistically, nigerian team does't look like it can even smell the cup. But we are good at praying sha, so let's start. Where are the prayer warriors?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by GentleNaaz(m): 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2013
We envisage dat naija wl nt wn ds AFCON. But wat we want 4m dm is 2 lev AFCON lik a hero n nt a coward. Atleast let dm cross quarter finals
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Desdola(m): 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2013
Just because of a friendly match tongues are wagging. People should try 2 appreciate d efforts of others at least. In as much as am a fan of Osaze, his recent behaviour does not represent that of a sportsman. I just hope the super eagles wld write their critics wrong in the Nations cup
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by kevoh(m): 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2013
When eagles win, they keep quiet.
When super eagles draw with Barcelona-like teams, they still keep quiet.
But the moment we draw or lose to one lowly rated team, these old ex-footballers come out like flies after faeces and start running their mouth.
Mr. Akanni where were you all this while before the match? angry .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by bknight: 4:19pm On Jan 11, 2013
With Ghana, Cote d'voire in that competition, who even knew d color of d Zambians...

I get ur drift sha, but I never say never!
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Afam4eva(m): 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
On paper and in reality, we can't win the nations cup. The only thing that can count for us is LUCK.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Kslib(m): 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2013
As i hear the name,i think say na one "Man of God sef"...
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by bingbagbo(m): 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by banki(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
executinal: Friendly match does not mean anything to me. Is better we under-perform during friendly and do well in S.A.
Same thing people were saying during our game with Liberia and at the end what happened?
Lets wait and see their outing first before we kill them with our mouth.

liberia? imagine if we were in the same group with senegal in the qualifiars,like ivory coast was, we struggled and never won any match convicly apart from the last match against liberia that became a do or die match.

For goodness sake whats this fuss about catalonya match, was that an international friendly or an exhibiton match, catalonya is not a clubside neither is it in any federation, why dont we play spain england and other real teams since we are pre paring for a major tournament in africa, my people decieded to play VENEZUELA,a lowly rated south american team in miami USA, what does that say about us, why couldnt we organise a match with southafirca,gabon, guinie,egypt, mali, ghana, ivory coast, etc since those are the kind of teams we are gonna meet in two week time

Why are we camping in FARO portugal when its winter in europe and summer time in southafrica, serious teams like Ghana and the ivory coast are camping in Dubai, serious people had thier team list out over two weeks ago, serious people dont select players based on sentiments keshi has been with home based players training perfecting strategies since the first week of december and still doesnt have a pattern of play,ir he selected about 4 or 5 of them after camping wth them for almost a month does it make sense.

To even show you keshi obviously doesnt know what his doing he invited a 30 year old shola ameobi without even checking if the player can go to the nations cup, ok what prompted them to invite shittu, what happened to Adeleye,taiwo, ayila, are they not actively playying in europe or is it because they are in ukraine,

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:35pm On Jan 11, 2013
Freiburger: before nko?

Thank you oh bros. I don lost faith in Super Eagles tey tey.
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by youi: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2013
Akanni was of the opinion that the Super Eagles would miss the services of some the big players excluded from the final 23 man-list to the Nations Cup.

“The performance of the team against Cape Verde only justified the belief by some of us that Nigeria was not going to be represented by her best players,” he noted.

“Personally, I was not comfortable with the exclusion of players like Osaze, Martins, Obinna Nsofor among others when he announced the preliminary list.”
I don't expect this type of comment frm sumbody like Waidi Akanni during is time in fly eagle pple did not believe that his team can get 2 semi final not 2 talk of winning a medal.Even with all this players u mention nigeria can't qualified 4 afcon 2011,y complain abt sum names.If they a there that does not mean we a going 2 perform very well.This remind me of '96 olympic,they were beating by togo in a friendly game then pple started rubbishing them bt at d end d team won d gold.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by kiyosaki1(m): 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2013
Immaginary dream raise 2 power minus infinity
abbeynism: before the commencement of the last nations cup, can you tip Zambia as a favorite or eventual of the competition. We shall all see. My National TEAM will win and even if they don't I still love them. UP EAGLES!!!
Re: Nigeria Cannot Win The 2013 Nations Cup - Waidi Akanni by Cornel88(m): 4:55pm On Jan 11, 2013
This is one thing I don't like about most of the ex-eagles, they keep on giving negetive predictions against present eagles ahead of any tournament. 16 teams will be competing in the afcon which makes it difficult for one to tell who will win it, but it is easy to tell who will not because out of the 16 teams in the tournament,15 will not win it. If he (waidi) can come out to tell us that the super eagles cannot win it, why not he tell us who will.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eguavoen: Eagles Will Play Attacking Football At AFCON 2021 / Neymar Will Be Out For 4 Weeks Due To Left Hamstring Injury / Kemi Adekoya Suspended After Testing Positive For Steroid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.