Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,275 members, 7,940,076 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

Kanye West Sets To Drop D'banj From G.o.o.d music label - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kanye West Sets To Drop D'banj From G.o.o.d music label (1643 Views)

D’banj Dropped From Kanye West’s G.O.O.D Music? / Don Jazzy And D’banj Signs On To Kanye’s G.o.o.d Music (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanye West Sets To Drop D'banj From G.o.o.d music label by nosagold(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
It is now being speculated within the music industry in hush tones that D’Banj may been shown the exit door at Kanye West’s G.O.O.D Music label which D’Banj claims he is still at.

According to information gathered from reports and some industry sources, all may not be too well between D’Banj and his American boss.
What Nigeriafilms.com scooped reveals that Kanye was never happy with the split between D’Banj and Don Jazzy in early 2012.
We gathered that Kanye actually signed Don Jazzy to produce D’Banj for his record label, but with the split between them, it was no longer possible for Don Jazzy to perform his obligation of making ‘good’ beats for D’Banj.
Now that D’Banj took a step further to sign J-Sleek as his music producer, what sources in D’Banj’s camp reveal to industry sources is that Kanye is not pleased with J-Sleek’s production prowess and he sees D’Banj’s new collection of songs as weak.
What some tale-bearers are saying now is that Kanye is disappointed at D’Banj as his (Kanye)initial quest of storming African music through the duo of former Mohits Records has been defeated and D’Banj’s new singles are no where match what convinced him to sign on the two African superstars when he signed them in 2011.
There are indications that D’Banj may consider reconciling with Don Jazzy or lose his deal with Kanye.
Though we couldn’t confirm if D’Banj would consider the first option as we were told that his (D’Banj) ego might be a big obstacle is making the first option become a reality.

Re: Kanye West Sets To Drop D'banj From G.o.o.d music label by mrjuwon: 12:22am On Jan 12, 2013
I am not a big fan of rumours, but this seems a bit plausible considering all the evidence out there in regards to the body of work D'banj has produced post Don Jazzy. That being said, Don Jazzy still has the beats but no star power. Please do not those Mavin tings. Wande Coal is the only one whose name shall be spoken. Plexi Nexus or whatever that album was called faded faster than...yes faded. So lets wait and see, it will be interesting to see the developments from this.
Re: Kanye West Sets To Drop D'banj From G.o.o.d music label by ebucha: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2013
Nigerians and most Africans prefer Dbanj to that big headed dracular called Kanye West.
Re: Kanye West Sets To Drop D'banj From G.o.o.d music label by executinal(m): 9:50am On Jan 13, 2013
@Op and your source?
Re: Kanye West Sets To Drop D'banj From G.o.o.d music label by Hardfact: 11:08am On Jan 14, 2013
Moment of truth? Please let the movie continue I'm really enjoying it.
Re: Kanye West Sets To Drop D'banj From G.o.o.d music label by polyyee(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2013
abeg jooor who cares.abeg i would write my own topoic pls tel me

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Peruzzi – Mata / Westlife Song (drive) / LOL! Snoop Dogg Spotted With ‘ghana-must-go’ Bag In Italy (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.