Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,805 members, 7,930,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 07:28 AM

Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (21635 Views)

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 11:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
pDude: Yes. smiley

It would keep a lot of fornicators and adulterers in check

the truth is that most Nigerian women have little or nothing to bargain with in marriage, the Nigerian man does virtually everything, at that verge, he can do as he likes, until the Nigerian women add value to their lives, come to the reality that Toto is just a piece of meat and cant stand as a bargaining chip.
such a time will the man project equity, as it stands, the union between a man and a woman in nigeria is just an additional load to the man, with the woman sitting on the fence and germinating children.

I speak for 85% of the time not necessarily a sacrosanct phenomenon, haba! naija men dey suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by A40(m): 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2013
jp philips:

the truth is that most Nigerian women have little or nothing to bargain with in marriage, the Nigerian man does virtually everything, at that verge, he can do as he likes, until the Nigerian women add value to their lives, come to the reality that Toto is just a piece of meat and cant stand as a bargaining chip.
such a time will the man project equity, as it stands, the union between a man and a woman in nigeria is just an additional load to the man, with the woman sitting on the fence and germinating children.

I speak for 85% of the time not necessarily a sacrosanct phenomenon, haba! naija men dey suffer.
And this is Naij where you have men that take care of the wives extended families as well even at the expense of his own kinfolk!!
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by biolabee(m): 11:47pm On Jan 15, 2013
Sagamite:

Really?

You are of the view that men don't have emotional and psychological balance without a wife?

I never said some anytin abt balance o
I said focus

Some men start planning for the future more seriously when they become family men
It may be the wife, the kids or just reduced testesterone

A-40:

Not for divorce settlement although I do understand its applicable in some situations
But for a ninja to spew crap like guys can't buy property without emotional and psychological support from their wives! What kind of megedefegede is that?

@Sagamite true i agree it shd be based on a reasonable contribtion
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 11:53pm On Jan 15, 2013
jp philips:

Your head is correct.

In cases where the woman contributes her share into the family wealth hardly do you hear that she is maltreated.

Would Okonjos husband chase her out of the house without splitting bucks with her?

But its the women who spent their whole lives buying one cloth ot the other, one shoe or jewelries that would come and say they wanna split bucks

I posted yesterday Check an average mans wardrobe and compare to the average woman. Those clothes you think na paper dem use buy am? Wetin some women don spend on clothes and jewelries in 15yrs of marriage would put down 2 structures in Lekki

Some women to contribute anything in the house na wahala yet they would come and claim they contribute some intangible crap like emotional and psychological support?

When would the husband too be compensated for the stability he offers, for the fact that the wife is able to brag among her friend that she is married(She should ask her unmarried colleagues wetin dem eye dey see), What of the regular kongo every night, The security the prestige and what would she gve to the man who made her a mother(one thing 80% of women cherish more than anything else in the world)

Whatever you contribute or lose due in income due to marital issues is what you would get

Imagine if Shade should start claiming it was her emotional support that made Okoya rich. Or Zuckerbergs wife claiming she made him rich

God punish Gurunaharaji
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 11:58pm On Jan 15, 2013
biolabee: also i feel FX is perfectly entitled to his opinion

He is right some pple never got focussed until they became family men

Actually i can say its purely coincidental .

A guy finish school starts working at say 24yrs he is earning peanuts that cant even buy him jeans, Later they promote him to middle management and he gets married promotes to senior management and he buys the house in Lekki, Abuja, etc buys plenty cars

Is it the marriage that made him rich and buy houses or just that he has paid his dues at his place of work and its time to reap the fruit of 17yrs of education plus 15yrs plus of professional work?

Where i used to work in Nigeria many of our partners got married when they were already very comfortable I dont know which woman made them reach there

maybe their mother, and sisters sha

Those married men who live in face me I face you Were their wives not giving them focus, emotional support and psychology?

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 12:04am On Jan 16, 2013
Bolt2011: NO to divorce settlement but
YESSSS to child-support.

settle her for sleeping, eating your food, growing fat in your house for 20yrs with germinated atutupoyoyo to show for it, yea yea yea! im all for the law.

child support is reasonable (which she must contribute as well)
divorce settlement, depending on what she came with, you cant come empty handed and leave with truck load.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 12:06am On Jan 16, 2013
A-40:

And this is Naij where you have men that take care of the wives extended families as well even at the expense of his own kinfolk!!

God bless you, you carry your own wahala, carry her, carry kids, carry her parents, carry her siblings, later she go get mouth say make them share, share what??

settle what?? the day any law maker will raise such a motion in any house whether upper or lower that day he will no longer come to the chambers with his head on his neck,

@OP
do American husbands fend for their wives siblings through tuition, accommodation, medical expenses and upkeep? you wont address that but you want to address divorce settlement, thunder fire your arm pit.

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:10am On Jan 16, 2013
biolabee:

I never said some anytin abt balance o
I said focus

Some men start planning for the future more seriously when they become family men
It may be the wife, the kids or just reduced testesterone

@Sagamite true i agree it shd be based on a reasonable contribtion

No, you are being diplomatic. If you want a job with the UN, this is not where to get it.

This is what the person said:

"PS: A man can not buy land and build houses if he's not emotionally and psychologically balance, and guess who provides that balance - the wife."

It is not redeemable not even if you go and worship in Redeem and get all the professors from Redeemer's University to help him.

The guy is a person!

Say it. Say he is a person.

Say it! Cut the diplomatic crap. A foool is a foool.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by tpia5: 12:16am On Jan 16, 2013
Nigerian men in nigeria will never pay child support.

What might be useful is a welfare system where the govt directly caters for the needs of its underage citizens, same as what obtains abroad.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:22am On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

A guy finish school starts working at say 24yrs he is earning peanuts that cant even buy him jeans, Later they promote him to middle management and he gets married promotes to senior management and he buys the house in Lekki, Abuja, etc buys plenty cars

Is it the marriage that made him rich and buy houses or just that he has paid his dues at his place of work and its time to reap the fruit of 17yrs of education plus 15yrs plus of professional work?

Where i used to work in Nigeria many of our partners got married when they were already very comfortable I dont know which woman made them reach there

Those married men who live in face me I face you Were their wives not giving them focus, emotional support and psychology?

It is not even disputable, that crap argument about "her contribution"?

She go university for am? She did his professional exams for am?

She can only claim contribution if she can prove if she was taking out of the equation he would not achieve what he achieved if he was with majority of other women instead of her. It is as senseless as some Settlements officer in Goldman Sachs saying his contribution is what is making GS profitable when what you do is easily replaceable. If a trader that leads a team that makes one tenth of the profit talks about contribution, then we can hear about contribution.

Some shythead dental nurse would come and say she contributed to a footballer playing football. What contribution?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by A40(m): 12:23am On Jan 16, 2013
jp philips:

God bless you, you carry your own wahala, carry her, carry kids, carry her parents, carry her siblings, later she go get mouth say make them share, share what??

settle what?? the day any law maker will raise such a motion in any house whether upper or lower that day he will no longer come to the chambers with his head on his neck,

@OP
do American husbands fend for their wives siblings through tuition, accommodation, medical expenses and upkeep? you wont address that but you want to address divorce settlement, thunder fire your arm pit.
Exactly! You can imagine a man that probably sent the wives's siblings through college,hooked them up with work,shelter,accommodation,feeding all that trouble then they divorce and the woman still wants settlement? Yeah right
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 12:26am On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

Bros i tire oo, for every successful man there is a woman, forgetting that barrow pusher is also married.

i think we share the same view on this, most Nigerian women's cosmetics bag alone can pay the house rent, the wardrobe can buy a plot of land, yet they want to share yours, only society this and that, vacation, useless stuffs, yet when the marriage ends they want take away pack, like say na their papa be Charles darwin.

I dont want to talk about the man hours wasted in salons, annual retreat, church functions etc stup!!d annoying donations.
man go dey house im wife go come tell am say she make donation for church on behalf of the family, imagine the nons@nse, then you begin to imagine the accolades where she open mouth "on behalf of me and my family, i donate the sum of...."" meanwhile guy man dey offshore dey turn valve.

until our women add value to their lives, they don't deserve one naira of Divorce settlement, child support is acceptable

2 Likes

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 12:26am On Jan 16, 2013
Sagamite:

It is not even disputable, that crap argument about "her contribution"?

She go university for am? She did his professional exams for am?

She can only claim contribution if she can prove if she was taking out of the equation he would not achieve what he achieved if he was with majority of other women instead of her. It is as senseless as some Settlements officer in Goldman Sachs saying his contribution is what is making GS profitable when what you do is easily replaceable. If a trader that leads a team that makes one tenth of the profit talks about contribution, then we can hear about contribution.

Some shythead dental nurse would come and say she contributed to contributed to a footballer playing football. What contribution?

To test this Lets pick another man who didnt go beyond JS3, didnt write any professional exam didnt get a job at Accenture or Goldman Sachs and let this woman use her emotional Balance and psychological support to make him Minister of Finance like Segun Aganga
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 12:31am On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

To test this Lets pick another man who didnt go beyond JS3, didnt write any professional exam didnt get a job at Accenture or Goldman Sachs and let this woman use her emotional Balance and psychological support to make him Minister of Finance like Segun Aganga

According to the FXFucktard, her balance would buy him Aso Rock and 5 houses on Banana Island.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 12:31am On Jan 16, 2013
jp philips: [/b]Bros i tire oo, for every successful man there is a woman, forgetting that barrow pusher is also married.

i think we share the same view on this, most Nigerian women's cosmetics bag alone can pay the house rent, the wardrobe can buy a plot of land, yet they want to share yours, only society this and that, vacation, useless stuffs, yet when the marriage ends they want take away pack, like say na their papa be Charles darwin.

I dont want to talk about the man hours wasted in salons, annual retreat, church functions etc stup!!d annoying donations.
man go dey house im wife go come tell am say she make donation for church on behalf of the family, imagine the nons@nse, then you begin to imagine the accolades where she open mouth "on behalf of me and my family, i donate the sum of...."" meanwhile guy man dey offshore dey turn valve.

until our women add value to their lives, they don't deserve one naira of Divorce settlement, child support is acceptable

Abi oo

The guy man dey offshore comot shirt dey turn valve, Another guy man dey do all nighter cracking CFA, another one dey battle CISCO dumps

The wives dey Louis Vuitton store for Shoprite, Another dey Owambe with satelite Gele dancing Aiyefele, the other dey church function doing Mrs "We-dey there"

Later dem go claim dey give am emotional and psychological support cheesy grin

Why cant they use that support themselves
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by A40(m): 12:39am On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

Bwahahahahahaha ninja you are 51/50
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 12:52am On Jan 16, 2013
FXKing2012: All these dudes saying they dont support divorce settlement are only being selfish and wicked.

So many men insist on their wives being full housewives; so many men dont allow their wives to study further after marriage; women are forced to put their careers and studies on hold due to pregnancy or marriage; so many women help their husbands achieve emotional stability which helps the men perform well in the office, but when they separate/divorce the guy keeps everything while the woman leaves with nothing plus the responsibility of taking care of the kids. Now ask yourselves, is that fair?

SpicyMimi:
@op God bless you!

Total bullshyte, no woman will accept to quit her career without some reparations from the husband, it has never happened, they accept it from us as an easy way out.because they get sit at home allowance in case you don't know, most men that i know pay as much as 100-150k for their wives to sit at home with a car and driver attached.

lets be more pragmatic, a young struggling man with a job of 80k, endures for sometime and marries a woman still on the same salary, when the man thinks he has more than enough, he stops the woman from working and gives her the same money he was earning as a bachelor, is it out of place for the woman to make savings from 100k over time to buy the land while the man builds the house? is it a crime? never!! they cant do it,

they will buy children's Christmas gifts and decorations to the tune of 1.5m when you talk, they say its their money, forgetting that 1.5 million can sink borehole in the village.
their reasoning is so unproductive, most times i wonder why Nigerian men don't commit suicide. damn!! a kid's toy dat cannot last for three weeks carries a price tag of 70k and you wonder wot the heck?

ironically after paying for a labelled gown for 170k, she shamelessly tells you that there is no Garri in the house. oh! God, we dey suffer

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 12:57am On Jan 16, 2013
baby_123:

The woman who was spending her money on clothes and jewelry? Well i didnt grow up in such an environment. And even then, it must have been an agreement between husband and wife. I am sure a wife contributes to her family purse in more ways than one. So this example really doesnt follow or work in real life settings. If the man asks her to keep her money, she should now pay for his decision in the end.

you haven't seen anything
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 1:13am On Jan 16, 2013
baby_123:

Dayo, do i smell a new POV? cheesy. I think sharing should be based on what was acquired during the length of the marriage. Child support should be for Children out of wedlock. But in the case of a divorce, yes, i support a settlement. Whatever was acquired during the union especially if kids are involved should be shared equally. cool

you are a criminal and an armed robber put together, thank you
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 1:22am On Jan 16, 2013
baby_123:

That is not true. My mum owns capital projects she built. It is people like you that will come and fight a widow thinking she contributed nothing, because she is a woman. Only to be disgraced with documents. Because women dont shout so men would not be mocked, doesnt mean they are incapable of owning their own things.

if you mother owned any block, she must have inherited it from her father or your dad had something else going for him, the man may own a company and due to ill health/higher education leave it for the wife to be managing, when you buy an asset, will you say you own it? is it not the man's company asset?
i can swear on my left testis that you are not married, a lot of married men in Nigeria will be laughing seriously at your ignorance.
Mind you that mama feeding papa is not the Norm in average Nigeria homes, that is the perception that is deceiving you, i know families where the women are the bread winner but they are a mere 15%, the other 5% may have been in a polygamous setting where the wives or wife use sorcery to emasculate the man.

if you wanna give examples, talk about the majority, if your Mum was feeding your dad, it is not the norm, also if your mum was acquiring assets while your dad was playing ludo, it is not the norm. in our present day marriages, if the your mum was acquiring assets while your popsy was playing ludo, you wont even exist because our present women will not give him the privilege of sexx.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 1:26am On Jan 16, 2013
Tomeseen: Lastly, financially my money is 100% mine while his money is our money Lol. I can contribute but my husband don't expect it and there isn't any slack. Way i figure, why contribute when there is no need for it. Nuff said Each to his own, abegi

I copied this post from another thread.

So when baby123 was telling me about Naija women who contribute to developmental project I can only laugh

Someone whose money is her own 100% would now come at a later date and say they want to share something the guy built from his own savings
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 2:17am On Jan 16, 2013
FXKing2012: The eeeeeediot Sagamite and the male chauvinist dayokanu actually think they are making much of a sense...shows what a sick world we live in.

I once knew a man who could not concentrate at work due to trouble at home with his wife. It got so bad that his performance and productivity dropped drastically that his boss had to querry him. With no improvement he eventually got fired.

There was a pilot who was doing so well in his career and steadily climbing the ladder of success but this came to an abrupt halt when the relationship with his wife went south. He started drinking, and being a taboo in the airline industry, he got caught and got sacked.

There was this bus driver who was having serious issues with his wife at home, this drove him into smoking and massive alcohol consumption. One day while driving, he lost control of the vehicle killing himself and many others. Autopsy report showed he had too much alcohol in his system.

I could go on and on. None of these men ended up buying land and building houses simply because they lacked emotional and psychological support from their wives.

Now who says emotional and psychological support given by wives mean nothing?

It wont surprise me to learn that many of the men in here saying women contribute nothing and thus should leave with nothing are the same ones who treat their wives like objects at home. You think taking such a stance makes you a better man?

guy are you really serious about this nonsense??

most of my mates have bought their first cars at 24/25yrs, some of them have not even tasted real breas..ts except the ones on TV let alone wives.

most ibo men, buy cars, buy houses even before marriage, i thought you would be apologetic the first time, now i know you are irredeemable.

in reality, the zeal to hustle drops when you are married, as a bachelor you can be in any part of the world at anytime but in marriage, the marital assembly must approve, please don't say that again.

and please tell us the names of the people you used as examples so we can prove the veracity of those super stories.

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 2:39am On Jan 16, 2013
jp philips:

if you mother owned any block, she must have inherited it from her father or your dad had something else going for him, the man may own a company and due to ill health/higher education leave it for the wife to be managing, when you buy an asset, will you say you own it? is it not the man's company asset?
i can swear on my left testis that you are not married, a lot of married men in Nigeria will be laughing seriously at your ignorance.
Mind you that mama feeding papa is not the Norm in average Nigeria homes, that is the perception that is deceiving you, i know families where the women are the bread winner but they are a mere 15%, the other 5% may have been in a polygamous setting where the wives or wife use sorcery to emasculate the man.

if you wanna give examples, talk about the majority, if your Mum was feeding your dad, it is not the norm, also if your mum was acquiring assets while your dad was playing ludo, it is not the norm. in our present day marriages, if the your mum was acquiring assets while your popsy was playing ludo, you wont even exist because our present women will not give him the privilege of sexx.

Well, you better bet all of your reporductive system. My mum worked and owns everything in her portfolio. I have argued my point clearly and it would be like arguing all over again. Besides, I have nothing to prove to you. Maybe your mum is the type to wait on handouts. My own great grand parents were educated and so have all the women down from them. Women in my family have always held their own. Never generalise or hold people to your own expectations or standards. You really failed with that point of view. With that, I leave you alone to your limited thoughts and opinions. But never try to trade ignorance for truth. Its very ridiculous.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by baby124: 2:44am On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

I copied this post from another thread.

So when baby123 was telling me about Naija women who contribute to developmental project I can only laugh

Someone whose money is her own 100% would now come at a later date and say they want to share something the guy built from his own savings

Dayo, what exactly are you saying? Just say from your own experience and the women around you. Are couples going to come out and confess to you that they jointly own properties? What is so difficult to comprehend in that? Because you have surrounded yourself with a little crowd, you are now in over-drive on your true thoughts. Honestly this thread has gone to sh*it. The fact remains these laws will be paSsed, only a matter of time. No matter how you want to kick and scream, you will still pay. Abegi! *with this I exit this thread*
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by jpphilips(m): 2:56am On Jan 16, 2013
baby_123:

Well, you better bet all of your reporductive system. My mum worked and owns everything in her portfolio. I have argued my point clearly and it would be like arguing all over again. Besides, I have nothing to prove to you. Maybe your mum is the type to wait on handouts. My own great grand parents were educated and so have all the women down from them. Women in my family have always held their own. Never generalise or hold people to your own expectations or standards. You really failed with that point of view. With that, I leave you alone to your limited thoughts and opinions. But never try to trade ignorance for truth. Its very ridiculous.

yea! yea! yea! your mother was Alele Williams while your dad was playing ludo/draft, lemme be clear;

if your mother had such portfolio today and your dad driving a BRT bus, she will not even give him sexx let alone giving birth to you. you would have been wasted through your dad's frequent massttuurrbbaattiioonn.

that is the plain truth, make your inquiries.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 6:05am On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:

I know you cant think for yourself. But at least seek help and find people who can think for you.

They have posited that the average Nigerian IQ is 60 but with people like you pulling it further down how can we progress?

I ask Is it only married people who buy houses, Who provide emotional support for the unmarried people who build houses?

When you want to buy a house, Is it the emotional support the realtor would ask for to hand over the title deeds of the land over?

The women that are the custodian of this emotional support why cant they use it for their own benefit and buy houses?

They use their own money to buy lace and shoes yet want to share from the house the man sweated, starved himself to buy

God punish thieves and their accomplices
I'm really not sure whether you are just intentionally twisting the point being made or your tiny brain is simply incapable of grasping the point.

I never said single guys dont buy land and build houses, the argument is about married folks.
I'm sure you are not married thus the difficulty in understanding it but I'll help your ignorance.

When you are married you cease to be your usual self; it is no longer all about you because u think and discuss with your partner before making any big decision. Your partner advises and encourages you and this is huge if you are able to quantify it in monetary terms.

Have you ever wondered why many men look bigger and better almost immediately after marriage? Trust me it has something to do with the wives. Many men experience promotion in their lives after marriage due to the spiritual, emotional and psychological support from the wives.

I'm not saying single guys dont achieve, I'm saying when you are married it's a different ball game as your wife becomes a major factor whether you rise or fall.

In the African tradition, it is a taboo for a woman to own land or build a house. So the wife, in many cases, give her money to the husband to buy land and build on it in order not to be seen as proud or unsubmissive.
I know many men living in rented apartments who say they could never live in a house built by their wives. So our culture and tradition dont really support women engaging in such investments. Things are changing though due to westernization.

PS: During the days of our parents, the girl child is made to stay at home while the male child is sent to school to learn. This definitely affected many of our mothers as far as investing is concerned. So be careful how you blame them.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 6:50am On Jan 16, 2013
FXKing2012:
I'm really not sure whether you are just intentionally twisting the point being made or your tiny brain is simply incapable of grasping the point.

I never said single guys dont buy land and build houses, the argument is about married folks.
I'm sure you are not married thus the difficulty in understanding it but I'll help your ignorance.

When you are married you cease to be your usual self; it is no longer all about you because u think and discuss with your partner before making any big decision. Your partner advises and encourages you and this is huge if you are able to quantify it in monetary terms.

Have you ever wondered why many men look bigger and better almost immediately after marriage? Trust me it has something to do with the wives. Many men experience promotion in their lives after marriage due to the spiritual, emotional and psychological support from the wives.

I'm not saying single guys dont achieve, I'm saying when you are married it's a different ball game as your wife becomes a major factor whether you rise or fall.

In the African tradition, it is a taboo for a woman to own land or build a house. So the wife, in many cases, give her money to the husband to buy land and build on it in order not to be seen as proud or unsubmissive.
I know many men living in rented apartments who say they could never live in a house built by their wives. So our culture and tradition dont really support women engaging in such investments. Things are changing though due to westernization.

PS: During the days of our parents, the girl child is made to stay at home while the male child is sent to school to learn. This definitely affected many of our mothers as far as investing is concerned. So be careful how you blame them.

person, which men look big and better after marriage? Because your moronic arsse said so?

How does losing your independence to make decisions solitarily become a situation worthy of losing half of your asset for?

How does it make sense in the world of someone that has a brain to lose part of their assets for a contribution to an achievement they can, and will, have without that contribution?

y + x = 100, where y and x are both integers. y is revealed to have the value of 100, what is x?

If the equation is changed to y + x = 120, y remains unchanged, what is x? Foool, 60?

If the equation is changed to y + x = 90, y remains unchanged, what is x? Foool, 45?

If a wife buys land through her husband because of tradition then she is dumb. That said, she should still get that as that is her contribution.

It seems your "PS" is dedicated as a special part of your post to demonstrate the depth of your fucktardism. So a husband should take blame for his wife not being educated because she is a girl-child, why? Is he her father?
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 7:02am On Jan 16, 2013
baby_123:

Dayo, what exactly are you saying? Just say from your own experience and the women around you. Are couples going to come out and confess to you that they jointly own properties? What is so difficult to comprehend in that? Because you have surrounded yourself with a little crowd, you are now in over-drive on your true thoughts. Honestly this thread has gone to sh*it. The fact remains these laws will be paSsed, only a matter of time. No matter how you want to kick and scream, you will still pay. Abegi! *with this I exit this thread*

In your wildest dreams.

I can guarantee you such laws will never be passed in Nigeria, not after we see what is being done in the West. Even many Western countries don't have such laws, it is only predominant in the UK and the US, so why do you think Nigeria would ever pass such laws? Even Japan, you go to Japan and get divorced and see what you will get.

Maybe the Nigerian law would be improved to make it more fair but definitely never expect it to be changed to California laws, which are utterly senseless laws.

If couples jointly own properties then both should at least ensure both their names are on the deeds. Even without that, as long as she can prove her contribution to acquisition, she can have her share.

Note: Her rewardable contribution is any contribution that once removed from the equation it would make the acquisition impossible without an alternative replacement contribution. And the reward should only match the shortage value of the removal.

1 Like

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by dayokanu(m): 7:11am On Jan 16, 2013
FXKing2012:

It seems your retardation is inherited and genetic cos no one can be acting this dumb.

Any woman who gives money to her husband to buy a land should share the property. But in a case where the woman contributes nothing Tell me one reason why she should get anything?

So if women dont invest their money what do they do with the money? Any woman who contributes financially to any asset should get part of it, Not stupid and insane stuff like she contributed emotional, Spiritual psychological rubbish

I ask why cant she use that Spiritual emotional and psychological to develop herself

Men who get fat during marriage was probably as a result of getting older, Its like saying more men have grey hairs when married than when single

-My friend went to UNILAG got a first class, Went to Imperial college for Masters got a distinction, worked in a consulting firm, and an Investment Bank after few years wrote GMAT scored 730 got into the best Business School in the world - Wharton. He wrote CFA and passed, He now works with a Hedge fund and he is not married yet

If in 10yrs time he becomes Minister of Finance and makes a fortune now some 2 left legged woman would waka and say she was the one who made him? HOW? Was she there with him in Primary, Secondary School, UNILAG, Imperial College, Wharton, CFA classes and those qualifications that made him a hot property.

Like Kobe Bryant said BITTCH YOU WASN'T WITH ME SHOOTING IN THE GYM

Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 7:17am On Jan 16, 2013
dayokanu:
-My friend went to UNILAG got a first class, Went to Imperial college for Masters got a distinction, worked in a consulting firm, and an Investment Bank after few years wrote GMAT scored 730 got into the best Business School in the world - Wharton. He wrote CFA and passed, He now works with a Hedge fund and he is not married yet

If in 10yrs time he becomes Minister of Finance and makes a fortune now some 2 left legged woman would waka and say she was the one who made him? HOW? Was she there with him in Primary, Secondary School, UNILAG, Imperial College, Wharton, CFA classes and those qualifications that made him a hot property.

According to the person, it is the emotional and psychological balance given by his wife that would make him be able to afford to buy a house, not the hardwork and sweat he put in while others were dancing Alanta in Unilag.

And diplomats like biolabee would refuse to call a spade a spade, they would want to call it a garden gnome.
Re: Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 16, 2013
LMAO I knew I would find Dayo and Saga here. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? / Funny Things That Children Say / Broken Eye Socket And Knocked Teeth – Lady Shares Her Story Of Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.