Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,142 members, 7,963,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 05:23 PM

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission - Education (1169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission (819570 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) ... (1198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 03, 2014
The above post reminds me of that wonderful day when i came across this thread. I had returned from class and decided to check latest topics on Nairaland,most especially on my favourite sections-Education,Travel,Romance and Politics,but could not get the chance to do so as a result of some things that got me busy . As a 'nocturnal' being, i was always awake till 3.30am when i usually sleep.
At about 11pm,i got the chance to check on Nairaland and then i discovered the thread at a time i can't remember. My first post,as seen above came through by 11:57pm on the 21st January,2013(6days to my birth anniversary). I remember the first thread that was created for the same purpose by Paul234 and how many of us have started relating with each other but the thread was blocked by the former Education section moderator,Odunnu who then,maintained a rule that no admission thread should be created for any institution until the predecessors have been matriculated,that is,untilthe predecessors have been matriculated,that is,until 2012/2013 freshers matriculate,no thread should be created for 2013/2014 applicants. Those were the sweet days on Nairaland. Looking back now, many things go through my mind- the good times, the bad times, the best moments and everything that has happened on this thread for the past 342days. I give glory to Almighty God for everything He has done,for His existence and for His mercies. Though, i know many on this thread claim to be Atheists/Agnostics, but the existence of a supernatural being who governs the affairs of the earth remains inevitable. '...Unless you assume the existence of God,the question of life's purpose remains an unsolvable puzzle...'-C.S Lewis.
I also thank everybody who has made this thread what it is today-building it with love,harmony and respect for all. Thanks to those who have been here from the start, those who joined and left not long afterwards, and those who joined later and are still here today,you all rock!
With what i've seen so far and for easy and clear summary,i have divided the days of this thread into 9 eras. The Starting Era,the PreUTME Era,the Utme Era,the 'break' era,the PostUtme Reg era,the shortlist waiting era,the postutme era,the admission Era and the post admission Era.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Ifyx(m): 9:57am On Jan 03, 2014
Following...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 03, 2014
The starting era ran for a short period of time,probably for about 20 pages. It started when the thread was created by Jossy4luv and people were posting to either introduce themselves or ask questions that will enable them decide if they will choose the first and best university as a university of their choice in the 2013 Utme Examination. I specifically count myself very lucky to have been here during this era, as to that,is why i can write this today. This era was also a funny one since there was that argument of the criteria UI used for the 2012/2013 admissions,whether it is 50:50 or 60:40 or Utme scores a lot. Remembering that,all i do is laugh. We were a bunch of curious and seemingly desperate dudes and babes who wanted all to come very fast. This era also has the highest number of Forumites since many people came to ask questions about their choice of institution,course and of course,subject combination. Many of us knew each other before then,through the UTME thread that was created by Macmos in November,so it was easy to relate very rapidly with each other.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 10:03am On Jan 03, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
The above post reminds me of that wonderful day when i came across this thread. I had returned from class and decided to check latest topics on Nairaland,most especially on my favourite sections-Education,Travel,Romance and Politics,but could not get the chance to do so as a result of some things that got me busy . As a 'nocturnal' being, i was always awake till 3.30am when i usually sleep.
At about 11pm,i got the chance to check on Nairaland and then i discovered the thread at a time i can't remember. My first post,as seen above came through by 11:57pm on the 21st January,2013(6days to my birth anniversary). I remember the first thread that was created for the same purpose by Paul234 and how many of us have started relating with each other but the thread was blocked by the former Education section moderator,Odunnu who then,maintained a rule that no admission thread should be created for any institution until the predecessors have been matriculated,that is,untilthe predecessors have been matriculated,that is,until 2012/2013 freshers matriculate,no thread should be created for 2013/2014 applicants. Those were the sweet days on Nairaland. Looking back now, many things go through my mind- the good times, the bad times, the best moments and everything that has happened on this thread for the past 342days. I give glory to Almighty God for everything He has done,for His existence and for His mercies. Though, i know many on this thread claim to be Atheists/Agnostics, but the existence of a supernatural being who governs the affairs of the earth remains inevitable. '...Unless you assume the existence of God,the question of life's purpose remains an unsolvable puzzle...'-C.S Lewis.
I also thank everybody who has made this thread what it is today-building it with love,harmony and respect for all. Thanks to those who have been here from the start, those who joined and left not long afterwards, and those who joined later and are still here today,you all rock!
With what i've seen so far and for easy and clear summary,i have divided the days of this thread into 9 eras. The Starting Era,the PreUTME Era,the Utme Era,the 'break' era,the PostUtme Reg era,the shortlist waiting era,the postutme era,the admission Era and the post admission Era.
Me:bar man! give dah man a bottle of Vodka and a bowl of ice.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 03, 2014
The PreUtme era was indeed a very long one, and to my opinion,has the most interesting moments in the course of existence of this thread-i'm sure many will agree with me. I remember how Fynestboi and Others thrilled one another with 'book village' stories,the numerous practise websites that the forumites used for preparation for UTME, questions and answers everywhere,just for UTME. I didnt have enough time to come here always since i was busy at school, i came only once in a while but anytime i came then,i was always left with thoughts of the examination,i felt under-prepared seeing how Fynestboi tackled Literature,Shakur tackled chemistry and Joseboy[/b] tackled biology. Well,i thank God i'm still here till today. So basically,the preUTME era existed those days when men were preparing seriously for UTME.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 03, 2014
Expect mistakes....
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
The starting era ran for a short period of time,probably for about 20 pages. It started when the thread was created by Jossy4luv and people were posting to either introduce themselves or ask questions that will enable them decide if they will choose the first and best university as a university of their choice in the 2013 Utme Examination. I specifically count myself very lucky to have been here during this era, as to that,is why i can write this today. This era was also a funny one since there was that argument of the criteria UI used for the 2012/2013 admissions,whether it is 50:50 or 60:40 or Utme scores a lot. Remembering that,all i do is laugh. We were a bunch of curious and seemingly desperate dudes and babes who wanted all to come very fast. This era also has the highest number of Forumites since many people came to ask questions about their choice of institution,course and of course,subject combination. Many of us knew each other before then,through the UTME thread that was created by Macmos in November,so it was easy to relate very rapidly with each other.
7 shots for u
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
7 shots for u
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by jennilisius(f): 10:06am On Jan 03, 2014
Mesopotamia:
ah maami.....u na GCFR na.....i no want risk being charged for treason if i write abt u.....

smiles**,..so wats meanin of GC*** oga
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 03, 2014
The UTME era lasted for about a month,i can say it started about a week to UTME PPT days and lasted till CBT results were fully released. This era specifically is a special one or to some, a unlucky one since the era marked the beginning of Darwin's Theory of Survival of the fittest on this thread. The species that were able to cope with the intense conditions of the Nation and JAMB remained while the species that were unable to cope went into extinction. The era started with deliberations,suggestions and decisions,people asking about their Utme centres to know if there are other people with the same centres. It followed with the PPT examination and how people came to tell us how 'easy' the exam was,being so confident,many calculated scores and proposed scores of over 250 with that of Fynestboi being 326(That got me laughing). Well, to mine and everyone's surprise, the results which came in about 4 or 5days after left us with rhetorical questions of how it happened.
Many of us got over 50marks below our expected scores. When i checked my result,the first thing that came to my mind was 'abi na my result b dis?' because i couldn't just believed my eyes,i had expected nothing less than 280 but lo,240. I was momentarily sad but i got happy when i came here and saw stories of people with below 200. If curses were bullets, Prof Dibu Ojerinde would probably be in Hell or Heaven,dining with his ancestors by now. The reason being that,most people blamed their 'failure' on The Registrar of Jamb,Prof Ojerinde,saying he purposely reduced candidates' scores. Then came the CBT examinations which only few of us were to write. I don't know why,but i had that thought that CBT candidates were going to pass the examination excellently,since it was a new innovation and JAMB would definitely want candidates to love the system. It later came to pass,as candidates who did CBT passed so excellently that i began to wonder if i was a slowpoke for not choosing CBT in UTME. Even around me,i had friends of mine whom naturally,even their ancestors know we are not in the same level academically,having 270 and above. This further infuriated Forumites to rain more destiny-changing curses on Dibu Ojerinde. Well,we later got over it and decided to move forward,aiming higher for the postUTME though till tomorrow,some people still blame Dibu for what happened. At the end of the era, many people sadly left the thread since UTME didn't favour them. Such is life,we all aim our guns,only some are able to shoot,and when we shoot,only few hit the target.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 10:07am On Jan 03, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
The PreUtme era was indeed a very long one, and to my opinion,has the most interesting moments in the course of existence of this thread-i'm sure many will agree with me. I remember how Fynestboi and Others thrilled one another with 'book village' stories,the numerous practise websites that the forumites used for preparation for UTME, questions and answers everywhere,just for UTME. I didnt have enough time to come here always since i was busy at school, i came only once in a while but anytime i came then,i was always left with thoughts of the examination,i felt under-prepared seeing how Fynestboi tackled Literature,Shakur tackled chemistry and Joseboy[/b] tackled biology. Well,i thank God i'm still here till today. So basically,the preUTME era existed those days when men were preparing seriously for UTME.
me:moderator! Give dah man 7 stripper for intensive lap dance!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by renaissance(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2014
nawa o, All dis kind long story wey everybody dey post 4 here...na season letter sha. incidentally, happy new year 2 everybody...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 03, 2014
The Break Era started after the CBT results were completely released and the UTME 2013 examinations were concluded. It lasted about a month and 2weeks. The era was basically for fun. People posted jokes,riddles and the likes to keep the thread moving, we made friends with one another and knew more about one another. The era was also a good one since we had a new set of members who specifically waited till after UTME to join us on the thread(people like pretzy and dapsondou).It therefore remained unavoidable that we make new friends and get know about them.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2014
jennilisius:

smiles**,..so wats meanin of GC*** oga
Grand Commander of the Federal Republic
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Ifyx(m): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
The UTME era lasted for about a month,i can say it started about a week to UTME PPT days and lasted till CBT results were fully released. This era specifically is a special one or to some, a unlucky one since the era marked the beginning of Darwin's Theory of Survival of the fittest on this thread. The species that were able to cope with the intense conditions of the Nation and JAMB remained while the species that were unable to cope went into extinction. The era started with deliberations,suggestions and decisions,people asking about their Utme centres to know if there are other people with the same centres. It followed with the PPT examination and how people came to tell us how 'easy' the exam was,being so confident,many calculated scores and proposed scores of over 250 with that of Fynestboi being 326(That got me laughing). Well, to mine and everyone's surprise, the results which came in about 4 or 5days after left us with rhetorical questions of how it happened.
Many of us got over 50marks below our expected scores. When i checked my result,the first thing that came to my mind was 'abi na my result b dis?' because i couldn't just believed my eyes,i had expected nothing less than 280 but lo,240. I was momentarily sad but i got happy when i came here and saw stories of people with below 200. If curses were bullets, Prof Dibu Ojerinde would probably be in Hell or Heaven,dining with his ancestors by now. The reason being that,most people blamed their 'failure' on The Registrar of Jamb,Prof Ojerinde,saying he purposely reduced candidates' scores. Then came the CBT examinations which only few of us were to write. I don't know why,but i had that thought that CBT candidates were going to pass the examination excellently,since it was a new innovation and JAMB would definitely want candidates to love the system. It later came to pass,as candidates who did CBT passed so excellently that i began to wonder if i was a slowpoke for not choosing CBT in UTME. Even around me,i had friends of mine whom naturally,even their ancestors know we are not in the same level academically,having 270 and above. This further infuriated Forumites to rain more destiny-changing curses on Dibu Ojerinde. Well,we later got over it and decided to move forward,aiming higher for the postUTME though till tomorrow,some people still blame Dibu for what happened. At the end of the era, many people sadly left the thread since UTME didn't favour them. Such is life,we all aim our guns,only some are able to shoot,and when we shoot,only few hit the target.
datz when ah joined diz thread @bolded,,,av truly missed some characterz on diz thread
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Ifyx(m): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2014
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 03, 2014
The PostUTME Reg era started on Friday,21st June 2013 when UI released a notification for registeration for PostUTME examination,a date earlier proposed by Samuel,a medical aspirant and Jossy4luv. As expected, the process started the monday that followed with most people registering on that day. I remember colelcting five thousand Naira from my dad instead of the two thousand Naira that was to be used for the registeration. I did my own registeration on thursday,27th June. The era witnessed lots of posts,strictly for questions on uploading of passport and signature and for other requirements for the registeration. Though,it lasted for a short period of time,it has lots of pages since it was indeed a very crucial era. The era ended when the registerations came to a halt. I won't forget the bruhaha that occured then over suggestions of what UI will use as the factor for shortlisting candidates who were to write the postUTME,it was indeed fun.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 10:14am On Jan 03, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
presidential handshake awaits u after the speech
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 10:17am On Jan 03, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
The PostUTME Reg era started on Friday,21st June 2013 when UI released a notification for registeration for PostUTME examination,a date earlier proposed by Samuel,a medical aspirant and Jossy4luv. As expected, the process started the monday that followed with most people registering on that day. I remember colelcting five thousand Naira from my dad instead of the two thousand Naira that was to be used for the registeration. I did my own registeration on thursday,27th June. The era witnessed lots of posts,strictly for questions on uploading of passport and signature and for other requirements for the registeration. Though,it lasted for a short period of time,it has lots of pages since it was indeed a very crucial era. The era ended when the registerations came to a halt. I won't forget the bruhaha that occured then over suggestions of what UI will use as the factor for shortlisting candidates who were to write the postUTME,it was indeed fun.
coughs
give him a thunder clap!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 03, 2014
The Shortlist Waiting Era,by far the longest era of the thread started on Wednesday,17th July 2013. Guys were ready for the 'show',a day which every UI aspirant dreads. As normal as it should be,that date records the highest population of users on this thread. Apart from that day,i've never seen a population as large as that viewing a topic here on education section except for those placed on the front page by moderators. We waited so long,but UI disappointed us. The reason is not necessarily far-fetched,it was due to the strike action of the Academic Staff Union Of Universities(ASUU) which started about 2 weeks before that date. Our hopes were further raised when Jossy4luv told us that UI,not releasing the list on the promised date was due to a technical mishap and that the list will be released latest friday. To cut it short,our waiting lasted 70days. Many things happened during those days,daily prayers for UI and ASUU,complains and groaning from all corner,daily checking of UI website,daily checking of News Sites to know the latest happenings on ASUU strike. The 'connected' guys were not in anyway left out. Everyday,we saw posts like '..i called the dean of arts,he said shortlisting is next tomorrow','...The registrar is a friend to my mother's colleague's sister'. Even through the delay,we kept preparing for the exam like it's tomorrow though many of us later lost interest in preparation and stopped/reduced study for the examination. We continued that way until the evening of Monday,23rd September 2013 when UI surprised the candidates by releasing a notification that the examination will take place on Saturday,28th Septmeber 2013,a date i earlier told fellows about,using a tip-off i got from a 'confirmed' source. The notification actually caught us unaware since we were not pepared for the examination,not at a date that is as close as 5days away.
It further made us realize how 'wicked' University of Ibadan,the first and indeed the best insititution in Nigeria could be. As students,we had no choice than to use the few days to get ready for the battle. We started preparations,printing of invitation letters,getting accomodation,gathering documents,our 5.2 x 5.2cm passport photograph etc. I'll say the era successfully ended on Friday,27th September,2013.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Ifyx(m): 10:21am On Jan 03, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
The Shortlist Waiting Era,by far the longest era of the thread started on Wednesday,17th July 2013. Guys were ready for the 'show',a day which every UI aspirant dreads. As normal as it should be,that date records the highest population of users on this thread. Apart from that day,i've never seen a population as large as that viewing a topic here on education section except for those placed on the front page by moderators. We waited so long,but UI disappointed us. The reason is not necessarily far-fetched,it was due to the strike action of the Academic Staff Union Of Universities(ASUU) which started about 2 weeks before that date. Our hopes were further raised when Jossy4luv told us that UI,not releasing the list on the promised date was due to a technical mishap and that the list will be released latest friday. To cut it short,our waiting lasted 70days. Many things happened during those days,daily prayers for UI and ASUU,complains and groaning from all corner,daily checking of UI website,daily checking of News Sites to know the latest happenings on ASUU strike. The 'connected' guys were not in anyway left out. Everyday,we saw posts like '..i called the dean of arts,he said shortlisting is next tomorrow','...The registrar is a friend to my mother's colleague's sister'. Even through the delay,we kept preparing for the exam like it's tomorrow though many of us later lost interest in preparation and stopped/reduced study for the examination. We continued that way until the evening of Monday,23rd September 2013 when UI surprised the candidates by releasing a notification that the examination will take place on Saturday,28th Septmeber 2013,a date i earlier told fellows about,using a tip-off i got from a 'confirmed' source. The notification actually caught us unaware since we were not pepared for the examination,not at a date that is as close as 5days away.
It further made us realize how 'wicked' University of Ibadan,the first and indeed the best insititution in Nigeria could be. As students,we had no choice than to use the few days to get ready for the battle. We started preparations,printing of invitation letters,getting accomodation,gathering documents,our 5.2 x 5.2cm passport photograph etc. I'll say the era successfully ended on Friday,27th September,2013.
continue ma boss
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 10:22am On Jan 03, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
hmmm...i remember vividly
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by BRAINEE123: 10:22am On Jan 03, 2014
Mesopotamia:
i don unfollow am teytey....buh jst type 'horoscope' on google search page and it'll show u all u need knw.....hope dah helps?

Yes,it does. Tnx Sire!

Netee , meet me @ d backyard aroud 5pm. We get talk.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 03, 2014
The PostUTME era,being the shortest era in the course of the thread lasted about 4days,from the exam day to the day the results were released. Most of us travelled down to Ibadan,the city with brown rooftops on the friday that preceeded the post Utme date,with high hopes of seeing one another. We planned to meet at a garden in front of Tedder Hall,UI, a plan which later got excellently executed. The exam date was a really scary one for most,as it was to decide the destiny of all of us. A mistake on that date, might mean an extra year in the lives of many. I got to UI that very morning and met Kessy with whom i later went with to Faculty of Education where i met my bosses Atesunate,Ifyx,Amb Fitsant,and Easyson. The examination came and in no time,candidates were ready to go to their various destinations. We met at Love Garden as planned and had a wonderful time. Among those who were present are Shakur,fynestboi,Dapsondiu,soa,Mesopotamia,Sadeluv,Bbethlicious,Dekunmi,Becalina and of course,Hesjay in his simple form.
The meeting was fun.
As was observed in the UTME examination,People talked of the postUTME as 'easy'. Most of us talked of scores of 80 and above. My friend shakur,was even so sure of getting 80. It isn't his fault and it's not because he is ITK,i myself was sure of nothing less than 75 since the i answered the examination,to the best of my knowledge,very excellently.
Unfortunately or rather fortunately,we were all disappointed when the results were released and we saw scores lesser than what we were expecting. The results were released on a portal instead of the list that was expected since it was UI's culture to release everything on a list;this later caused an uproar as people thought perhaps,UI admission won't be as credible as it has always been.I myself got 63,a score 12 below what i expected and shakur,my boss having 64. Many people were flushed out of the system since they didnt meet the 'pass mark'. Obviously,something had gone wrong because i was and i will forever be so sure that i couldn't get less than 70 in that examination. Many of us complained about it,but we were definitely left with no toher choice than to accept our fate,hoping for lesser cut-off points. I won't but make mention of an incident that happened then. One of our bosses who is of course, a 100level student in UI,in defense of his School,came here and posted that UI will never make a mistake in the results as most of us were saying. He talked as if those of us talking are morons and we don't know what we are saying. I laughed when i saw the post. I reserve my comment on that.
Well,that era came and passed away.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 03, 2014
Lmao....Sinzu don craze walai

hesjay na born again oo,he does not take vodka..grin grin
@hesjay,i dey feel you bro
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 10:26am On Jan 03, 2014
BRAINEE123:

Yes,it does. Tnx Sire!

Netee , meet me @ d backyard aroud 5pm. We get talk.
netee?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by BRAINEE123: 10:26am On Jan 03, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:

Doctor dey para ooo! U dey keep record like my old man. 9ice one,anyway.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 03, 2014
The admission era was of course the most a short one.It started a day after the results were released and is still on. After the results,we stopped the cry over spilled milk and focused more on what the cut-off points for each department could be. We again entered into the hands of the 'connected' guys as they never stopped telling us what the 'VC' and 'Admission Officer' told them. Our boss,Jossy4luv even said UI was going to use aggregate of our utme and postutme scores for admission. Well,as 'reliable' as he was,that info of his turned out null when UI released the cut-off points and it was postutme criteria that was used. The release of cut-off points caused mixed feelings on the thread,while some were thanking God for making i,some were sad for not. It didnt't really move me then since i had paid my school fees at University of Ilorin. Those who didn't meet the cutoff for their various courses had to fill the change of course forms. People celebrated it,lots of congratulatory messages and testimonies flowed in,it was indeed dream come true for most of us. Our major goal for joining the thread had been achieved,hence, our joy knew no bounds. That era records the highest happy moments in the history of the thread.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by joyf8t(f): 10:29am On Jan 03, 2014
Wishin All NLdas a HNY!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Ifyx(m): 10:29am On Jan 03, 2014
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 03, 2014
The Post admission era,of course, started when admission list was released. I personally,don't know much about the era since i was busy in school and couldn't come here as regularly as before but one thing i noticed is that the thread became deserted,probably because many have left since they have gotten what they wanted. The clearance came and i'm sure you guys had fun. Let's see what happens till resumption!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 10:29am On Jan 03, 2014
Dr.'Hesjay:
The PostUTME era,being the shortest era in the course of the thread lasted about 4days,from the exam day to the day the results were released. Most of us travelled down to Ibadan,the city with brown rooftops on the friday that preceeded the post Utme date,with high hopes of seeing one another. We planned to meet at a garden in front of Tedder Hall,UI, a plan which later got excellently executed. The exam date was a really scary one for most,as it was to decide the destiny of all of us. A mistake on that date, might mean an extra year in the lives of many. I got to UI that very morning and met Kessy with whom i later went with to Faculty of Education where i met my bosses Atesunate,Ifyx,Amb Fitsant,and Easyson. The examination came and in no time,candidates were ready to go to their various destinations. We met at Love Garden as planned and had a wonderful time. Among those who were present are Shakur,fynestboi,Dapsondiu,soa,Mesopotamia,Sadeluv,Bbethlicious,Dekunmi,Becalina and of course,Hesjay in his simple form.
The meeting was fun.
As was observed in the UTME examination,People talked of the postUTME as 'easy'. Most of us talked of scores of 80 and above. My friend shakur,was even so sure of getting 80. It isn't his fault and it's not because he is ITK,i myself was sure of nothing less than 75 since the i answered the examination,to the best of my knowledge,very excellently.
Unfortunately or rather fortunately,we were all disappointed when the results were released and we saw scores lesser than what we were expecting. The results were released on a portal instead of the list that was expected since it was UI's culture to release everything on a list;this later caused an uproar as people thought perhaps,UI admission won't be as credible as it has always been.I myself got 63,a score 12 below what i expected and shakur,my boss having 64. Many people were flushed out of the system since they didnt meet the 'pass mark'. Obviously,something had gone wrong because i was and i will forever be so sure that i couldn't get less than 70 in that examination. Many of us complained about it,but we were definitely left with no toher choice than to accept our fate,hoping for lesser cut-off points. I won't but make mention of an incident that happened then. One of our bosses who is of course, a 100level student in UI,in defense of his School,came here and posted that UI will never make a mistake in the results as most of us were saying. He talked as if those of us talking are morons and we don't know what we are saying. I laughed when i saw the post. I reserve my comment on that.
Well,that era came and passed away.
learnt u dnt take vodka....bar man! Serve him local then....

(1) (2) (3) ... (1166) (1167) (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) ... (1198) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.