Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,945 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission - Education (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission (811783 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (1198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by AmiableJay(m): 7:59am On Jul 18, 2013
folagbade23: these are the kinda arguments i hate to have in my life... Arguing that UI is better than OAU and all sorts of. I happen to be a 200level student of OAU. When i was about entering OAU in 2011 i was one of those that always criticize OAU for their things but i later realized why OAU always do what they do. OAU's post utme model is just strightforward, most candidate will score low marks in the UTME and the will come and score 270 and above in the post utme, then they will start complaining that they had high scores in the post utme but they were not admitted, wont ur utme score bring u down??

UI has her own model of inviting candidates and that does not in anyway make them better than other federal schools. As for OAU both 1st nd 2nd choice candidates are given admission, i have a friend who chose OAU as second choice and he was admitted, infact his name came out with the merit list for english language. UI also admits first and second choice candidates too but in a different format, so their different model of admission does not make them better than each other.

Also talking about competitions, UI has won so many competitions where OAU was no where to be found, also OAU has won so many competitions that UI was no where to be found. And FUTA/ other unis have won competitions that both UI and OAU were no where to be found. I cant count the number of engineering and law competitions nd more that OAU has won. They cant both be winning the same competitions are the same time.

There are some areas of lapses in OAU and UI also has her own. So lets just see some of these things and stop arguing.

As for someone who was comparing Babcock college of medicine with that of UI... God sees you ooo
Hausa, you dhan hear?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by davidiee(m): 8:05am On Jul 18, 2013
Guy don't mind them just go your school jare. It's the end that justifies the means. You cannot beat your chest over a school you are yet to enter it's when you pass through the system and graduate well that one can now come and access the school well.
folagbade23: these are the kinda arguments i hate to have in my life... Arguing that UI is better than OAU and all sorts of. I happen to be a 200level student of OAU. When i was about entering OAU in 2011 i was one of those that always criticize OAU for their things but i later realized why OAU always do what they do. OAU's post utme model is just strightforward, most candidate will score low marks in the UTME and the will come and score 270 and above in the post utme, then they will start complaining that they had high scores in the post utme but they were not admitted, wont ur utme score bring u down??

UI has her own model of inviting candidates and that does not in anyway make them better than other federal schools. As for OAU both 1st nd 2nd choice candidates are given admission, i have a friend who chose OAU as second choice and he was admitted, infact his name came out with the merit list for english language. UI also admits first and second choice candidates too but in a different format, so their different model of admission does not make them better than each other.

Also talking about competitions, UI has won so many competitions where OAU was no where to be found, also OAU has won so many competitions that UI was no where to be found. And FUTA/ other unis have won competitions that both UI and OAU were no where to be found. I cant count the number of engineering and law competitions nd more that OAU has won. They cant both be winning the same competitions are the same time.

There are some areas of lapses in OAU and UI also has her own. So lets just see some of these things and stop arguing.

As for someone who was comparing Babcock college of medicine with that of UI... God sees you ooo
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Aibike(m): 8:14am On Jul 18, 2013
Guys stop lingering to seeing UI list on anyportal,i was just made to know by d web master dat d ASUU strike is as well affectin d release of d list,xo let's all get calm nd b prayerfull....blv me...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 18, 2013
Exactly
davidiee: All the argument again. Let me clearify some issues here especially in medical schools.
1. If the school is not yet accredited the people studying there are really gambling big time
2. Teaching hospital is a part and parcel of the medical school. But that's not what primarily determines the admission quota. It is mainly determined by the strength and capacity of the faculty ofbasic medical sciences cos iit's the bedrock of medicine or likewise the foundation of it. Example. .. are the anatomy, histology, physiology, biochemistry or pharmacology labs etc well equipped. Are the human cadavers sufficient enough for practicals. Are there enough microscopes and so on. There are schools with big and well equipped teaching hospitals but have low admission quota or worse still not accredited because of insufficient basic medical sciences facilities.
3. Going to babcock, ui, unilag, oau, unn, uniport, uniben, unilorin or any other medical schools doesn't make one a better doctor. It's your zeal, passion, hard work, determination and commitment that is the key. Cos these schools can waff you if they deem you mentally unfit to be in their medical schools.
we r stl saying d same thing here....
Buh d clinical part is d most important part...i doubt if any medical skl wil hv a gud hospital n wl lack basic medical facilities...its nt possible!!!...they start from d basic medical b4 moving up to d clinical parts....
If u knw abt MDCN very well,u wl knw all skls hv to start from d basic medical part cos d process starts from there...The MDCN is writen to by d skl authority that they want to start medicine,d MDCN wl go to d skl afta a yr,i.e when d first set is in 100level...to see if they r qualified to start 200level(preclinicals)..if they r qualified,d students wl b promoted to 200levl,if d skl is nt,thats when u see d students sent to other departments...
Afta dat,d MDCN wl go again afta 2yrs...dats when d students are in 300l...to check if they now hv gud clinical facilities.....then they wl allow d stydents to write MB exams...if nt,d students wl b on hold until d hospital is equiped up to standard....
D clinical part of d skl takes d larger percentage in what qualifies d medical skl.....UCH is d best hospital,it has d highest quota 210(altho d skl takes in abt 150:120 4 medicine ,30 4 dentistry cos dey want d best of d best)....followed by LUTH 190 n UMTH 165....:.**medicine quota+dentistry quota**

mind u,most skls also hv their basic medical inside the teaching hospitals....e.g unilag,lasu,oou etc

and most skls are already accredited for basic medicals buh nt 4 clinicals....cos any skl dat can perfect d clinicals wl hv no problems wif d preclinicals...
Preclinicals is so easy to start....how much is an EKG,how much is a cadever in naija....d last cadevers dat my skl got was like 250k per one...how much is microscope??...how much does it take to establish a body bank,a preparation room,a anatomy museum??....they r very very cheap compared to d money to facillitate a Radiology department..**big money**.,all surgical specialty equipments n other things.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 18, 2013

Ok, for novice like me... Please mention some of the competitions that was won by the students of OAU..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Itzpretzy(f): 8:19am On Jul 18, 2013
Dr hesjay best of luck in ur exam!!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 18, 2013
Chai...see as guys dey wait 4 list....
Pretzy sef dey wait,if na like dis all of una dey wait 4 Jesus' second coming,dis world 4 don beta!...LMAO..

Only God knws y dey didnt release it!..Anyways,'our' em oga @ d top has said its 8-12 again...oya na...make we dey wait!

And sef,y r u guys like dis,shebi dem don taalk say na all 200+ dem go call!....
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 18, 2013
And @ those saying d portal is stl open.....
I dnt fink there's a reason y u.i shld close portal when dey knw 2nd choice peepz wl stl register
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 18, 2013
Thank u jawe my nairaland and 2go love**winkz**
Itz_pretzy: Dr hesjay best of luck in ur exam!!
sha dey pray 4 ur younger broda oo....ah swear,ah no read anything!...
Make i no fail ooooo.
God listens to d prayers of Beautiful Ladies....

And sef i hv a gud feeling bou it,dis one dat one of d prettiest chicks on planet earth wished me well!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by folagbade23(m): 8:58am On Jul 18, 2013
Leystra:
Ok, for novice like me... Please mention some of the competitions that was won by the students of OAU..
i just need to tell u some, national mathematics competitions for universtiy students (march 2012).....

Microsoft imagine cup (world's premier student technology competition)

forrest M.Brown international consultation competition in the Netherlands (2011)... There are many of them and u can as well go and search for more
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Qassy4all: 9:04am On Jul 18, 2013
Itz_pretzy:
impressive! Pls r u a female uite?
....I am a male uite...i pray dat come next session,all of u will also be uites
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 9:05am On Jul 18, 2013
I Wake up
scratch ma ballz
scratch ma ass
sniff ma fingers
arrrgggh............
now i can face the rigorous day.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by folagbade23(m): 9:05am On Jul 18, 2013
all must be well, all will be well and all is well
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 18, 2013
Full house....i sight u@Dr Kessy n Dr Yemisi......
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 18, 2013
Eeeehhh see tension, *laughin in spanish* jes passin by.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by folagbade23(m): 9:15am On Jul 18, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
Full house....i sight u@Dr Kessy n Dr Yemisi......
wen is ur exam??
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by folagbade23(m): 9:16am On Jul 18, 2013
Becalina: Eeeehhh see tension, *laughin in spanish* jes passin by.
*puts leg for u*
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by kinkessy(m): 9:19am On Jul 18, 2013
Wait oh!! I'm really getting pissed now. This argument about ui being better than oau and oau being better than ui is really making me sick. You guyz should create another trend and continue your argument there. This argument has caused so much confusion in you guyz head that u didn't undertand wht ui sed. And I quote "names of applicants for the post-utme exercise wil be displayed on the uniiversity's website from 17 july 2013" not on 17th but from 17 july. Meanin they wil shortlist anytime frm yesterday...so stop the argument and reason properly.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 18, 2013
12pm
folagbade23: wen is ur exam??
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by folagbade23(m): 9:22am On Jul 18, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
12pm
ok, good success bro
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 18, 2013
You may b right !
kinkessy: Wait oh!! I'm really getting pissed now. This argument about ui being better than oau and oau being better than ui is really making me sick. You guyz should create another trend and continue your argument there. This argument has caused so much confusion in you guyz head that u didn't undertand wht ui sed. And I quote "names of applicants for the post-utme exercise wil be displayed on the uniiversity's website from 17 july 2013" not on 17th but from 17 july. Meanin they wil shortlist anytime frm yesterday...so stop the argument and reason properly.
buh dats how u.i states all her things...n dey release it on d said date!..dey dnt want to cause confusion 4 pple!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 18, 2013
Thnaks boss!!!!
folagbade23: ok, good success bro
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 18, 2013
folagbade23: *puts leg for u*
me nor go vex for u, I too nice for dat, wen UI do second choice candidates strong thing, some of una dey laugh, now UI dey do una own, I go laff tire *summersaulting with laughter*
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by folagbade23(m): 9:39am On Jul 18, 2013
Becalina: me nor go vex for u, I too nice for dat, wen UI do second choice candidates strong thing, some of una dey laugh, now UI dey do una own, I go laff tire *summersaulting with laughter*
lol.. Laff well ooo, there is time for everything, its our turn to frown now, By the time UI start second choice own i go come hia and laff till my two eyes fall for my mouth. Which skul is ya first choice?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Hausa(m): 9:40am On Jul 18, 2013
shakur07: dats d more reason dey r usually interested in few candidates writing dia pume exam cos ** d invitation n shortlistn process is for selecting d best outta d best ** also pple nowadays r scared of chosing UI ** cos u will see pesin wit low ability in practicals while in sec skool also clamouring for medicine ** i Fink its proper for a skool to scrutinize its candidates wella **moreova Y on earth will i be scared of ma results being shown to everybody sinz av finished ma homework b4 attemptin d exam ** bros its better u face d reality and stop beefing UI
beef u.i? For w@?
I dint get admitted into a polytechnic, so y shud i beef a fed uni d@ has d same standard as d one am in?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 9:40am On Jul 18, 2013
Oya stop laffing coz if u dnt stop ehn olewu gidigantically
Becalina: me nor go vex for u, I too nice for dat, wen UI do second choice candidates strong thing, some of una dey laugh, now UI dey do una own, I go laff tire *summersaulting with laughter*
so u dnt knw as d list no show e go affect us na d more beta dnt use them laff... *frown face*
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 9:46am On Jul 18, 2013
Dr.'Hesjay:
You may b right !
buh dats how u.i states all her things...n dey release it on d said date!..dey dnt want to cause confusion 4 pple!
he s nt ryt at all ui list was nt released yesterday reasn is ASUU STRIKE

i hearld sumtn on radio 2day dat "ASUU wuld stop ui 4rm dng pume" though i dnt grab wat d msg was bt am sure ASUU gat hand in ui disapointing anxiety aspirant yesterday...
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by folagbade23(m): 9:46am On Jul 18, 2013
Fynestboi: Oya stop laffing coz if u dnt stop ehn olewu gidigantically so u dnt knw as d list no show e go affect us na d more beta dnt use them laff... *frown face*
lol, let her laff joor, its her time to laff now coz the table go soon turn
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 18, 2013
Fynestboi: Oya stop laffing coz if u dnt stop ehn olewu gidigantically so u dnt knw as d list no show e go affect us na d more beta dnt use them laff... *frown face*
d laughter no wan stop ni o. Me don dey expect worse from UI, *clearing space for laughin* Tension is directly proportional to laughter, if I nor laugh for anybody I go laugh for folagbade
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 18, 2013
folagbade23: lol.. Laff well ooo, there is time for everything, its our turn to frown now, By the time UI start second choice own i go come hia and laff till my two eyes fall for my mouth. Which skul is ya first choice?
osun state *in btw laughter* university *coughs, laugh no go kill person for here o*
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by folagbade23(m): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2013
Becalina: osun state *in btw laughter* university *coughs, laugh no go kill person for here o*
lol, i pirry u.. Wen is the post utme??
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2013
its like u don inhale laughing gas abi ** mo palu fun e ** Shey for ur mind if dem no ansa d first choice *u na 2nd choice dem go con ansa ** u beta pray make dem release awa list cos if nt * YhU 2nd choice na zero hope u gat oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (1198) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.