Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,216 members, 7,880,794 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:58 AM

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission - Education (954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission (812292 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (1198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Bravoosii: 10:23am On Oct 19, 2013
Please help those of us applying for the change of course, in the application letter do we need to add address, signature and all that formality or we should just write a simple letter and input the details requested?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by jj9ice(m): 10:24am On Oct 19, 2013
BRAINEE123: UI WAN SPOIL SHOW FOR ME OH: PLS I NEED AN ADVICE .
MY PUME SCORE IS 54%.AM GOING FOR ECONOMICS(1ST CHOICE) , EDUCATION AND ECONOMICS (2ND CHOICE).MY FALLBACK COURSE 1 AND 2 ARE ECONOMICS AND EDU AND ECO RESPECTIVELY. THE CUT OFF FOR ECO IS 57 AND ECO EDU IS 50. MY QUESTION IS, "DO I NEED TO CHANGE MY COURSE ?"
i think u need to, just thank God ur hope still very much alive
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 19, 2013
Wow...true talk sir!
drered:

I didn't say stay at home mate. There are other options. An A-Level programme would suffice and this way they wouldn't exactly lose a year and most importantly they'll get to study the course they desire. About 15 students joined my set in our 2nd year via A-level.
jst dat pple dey fera dat cambridge ni...Most skls collect 14pts for mbbs n bds...mehn..d thing hard small..
Btw,whats ya course?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 19, 2013
Bravoosii: Please help those of us applying for the change of course, in the application letter do we need to add address, signature and all that formality or we should just write a simple letter and input the details requested?
I dnt think there's need since its an email mssg......
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Aibike(m): 10:33am On Oct 19, 2013
?
FrancisTony: hey, i'm not talking abT the application i.e change of course. I sent ui admin officer an important e-mail.
ok o...aw did u get dat 1,
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by laryom1(m): 10:35am On Oct 19, 2013
My score 56 wasted! Y i no even chuse biochem or nursing science as flbk 1 n 2 sef. OAU, here i come. Make u gv me mbbs.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by laryom1(m): 10:37am On Oct 19, 2013
Or cn 1 cros frm zoology or vet.med to mbbs?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Sadeluhv(f): 10:46am On Oct 19, 2013
Mesopotamia:
no leyley ma'am....u dey club wella na?.....if yes,dat makes us duo.....
I don't club.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Sadeluhv(f): 10:47am On Oct 19, 2013
morgan**g:
HBD to sadeluv wish ya LLNP....
Thanks @morgan.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by BRAINEE123: 10:49am On Oct 19, 2013
jj9ice: i think u need to, just thank God ur hope still very much alive

I believe oh! Tnx bro. Stil continue to put me in praya o
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by jj9ice(m): 10:50am On Oct 19, 2013
Taylor184: Hesjay of life......best of lucks bro...lest i forget bro,if you have a big court case and you need an advocate,kindly contact me sogbo?lolz
o boy, u hav sarted advertisement without paying for director of adverts here lol, am also law new law uite, give me contact
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Qassy4all: 10:51am On Oct 19, 2013
laryom1: Or cn 1 cros frm zoology or vet.med to mbbs?
U can cross frm zoology/chemistry to mbbs buh dat of ved med is impossible since it is a professional course...just aim to be on a first class cadre and work towards it and am sure dat u ll cross successfully....AMIABLEJAY,u are sighted..bin a long tym
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 19, 2013
BRAINEE123:

PLS IF U HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME, DROP IT ASAP.PPPPLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSS
Omo iya mi,would have called you since yesterday but im always forgettin to collect your num...
As regards the cutoff ish,y dont you jst try to contact the admin office latest on monday and tell dem you choose UI as first and 2nd.....but broda mi,no wori yasef na,we are already in by God's grace,cos me don dey plan say na ur syd i go con dey chop iffa broke insyd UI#WINKS....so padi mi,relax sire

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 19, 2013
jj9ice: o boy, u hav sarted advertisement without paying for director of adverts here lol, am also law new law uite, give me contact
GURU of life!!i hail ooo,shebi you are d guy hu had 350 and 80 in jamb and pume abi?I don dey fear you in advance sef...abeg iffa nid tutorials,i fit cum meet you oooo*winks
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Sadeluhv(f): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2013
khennnie: Gudmornin 2 U̶̲̥̅̊ all,pls anybody with d link 4 checking ☀̤̣̈̇f d post ume result shuld help ♍Ƹ drop it Asap........pls a sis needs it urgently,she wanna print ha post ume result.........Tanks in Advance
www.admission.ui.edu.ng
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by zezeny: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2013
drered: My honest advice would be that you shouldn't settle for less. I know most of you are thinking about the now, frustrated with staying at home and being left back but you should also think about the after.
Sadly, unless you have the means, education isn't really about what you have passion for no more but what is marketable in Nigeria. Go to the jobs/vacancy section of NL and see how crazy and crowded it is there. I know loads of people that graduated say 4-6 years ago and are either still at home or just hustling doing jobs that they are over qualified for because "their skill is not needed". If you want a course keep trying till you get it unless the course you decide to fallback on is also marketable or you have a network where irrespective of the course you study you'll get a decent job.
When I just got into U.I i knew loads of peeps that wanted to study medicine/pharmacy but got either physiology or biochem and they worked real hard to be able to cross over. A friend even got a 6.4GP but wasn't accepted to medicine. Why? The 150 slot for MBBS/BDS was already filled up. Matter of fact only one student (someone I know) was accepted to BDS and according to what I heard his mother went paranoid and since she had been working for U.I for over 20 years he was accepted. They wouldn't tell you all this now. They'd say apply you can cross. Yes, anything goes. But make informed choices.
Chairman, I tink u are not getting it wen u talked about "marketable course". There is nothing like marketable course in d Nigerian labour market. Except for professional courses like Law and the Medical related courses dat has exclusive control of their line, companies out dere do not ask for d course u studied in d university, all dey are interested in is wot u came out wif. Wot most standard companies ask is "a minimum of second class upper in any discipline". I'm talking from experience and I know wot I'm saying. So, whether u study Philosophy in skool, or u study Biochemistry, History, Economics, Accounting, Yoruba, Zoology, Chemistry, French, Or wotever, u are all going to strive for d same job outside dere, u are all going to write d same aptutude test. Wot only qualifys u to apply for a job is ur grade. So, don't get it twisted, wotever course u are doing, strive to be d best in it. Don't be surprised if u see a 2:1 graduate of Yoruba working in an Auditing firm or a Bank and a 2:2 graduate of Economics shouting "unemployment". The difference dere is not d course but d grade. GOODLUCK.

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 11:03am On Oct 19, 2013
Sadeluhv: I don't club.
too bad.....dnt worry....we'll work out sumfin.....jst to make up....
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Ehimenboy(m): 11:08am On Oct 19, 2013
hi. I'm new here. Great to be in a group which i've followed for over a year. I hail you all. Funny enough, i have not for once seen anyone going for my course: chemistry.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 19, 2013
Mesopotamia:
bros,abeg help me convince her to go for psychology....dat one z 50 too.....though i beat d cut off hands down,d fact sey i be 2nd choice still dey gimme unrest....
Good morning... Oga why Psychology nau what if her Jamb combination is not in line with Psychology... U no suppose dey fear gan... we don enter nau... Moreover gan Psychology no dey d fall back course naa
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Sadeluhv(f): 11:10am On Oct 19, 2013
zezeny:
Chairman, I tink u are not getting it wen u talked about "marketable course". There is nothing like marketable course in d Nigerian labour market. Except for professional courses like Law and the Medical related courses dat has exclusive control of their line, companies out dere do not ask for d course u studied in d university, all dey are interested in is wot u came out wif. Wot most standard companies ask is "a minimum of second class upper in any discipline". I'm talking from experience and I know wot I'm saying. So, whether u study Philosophy in skool, or u study Biochemistry, History, Economics, Accounting, Yoruba, Zoology, Chemistry, French, Or wotever, u are all going to strive for d same job outside dere, u are all going to write d same aptutude test. Wot only qualifys u to apply for a job is ur grade. So, don't get it twisted, wotever course u are doing, strive to be d best in it. Don't be surprised if u see a 2:1 graduate of Yoruba working in an Auditing firm or a Bank and a 2:2 graduate of Economics shouting "unemployment". The difference dere is not d course but d grade. GOODLUCK.
Good one bro,i even hv a computer science graduate working as an auditor in a revenue office.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Sadeluhv(f): 11:10am On Oct 19, 2013
Mesopotamia:
too bad.....dnt worry....we'll work out sumfin.....jst to make up....
Lolz...ok
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Sadeluhv(f): 11:12am On Oct 19, 2013
Ehimenboy: hi. I'm new here. Great to be in a group which i've followed for over a year. I hail you all. Funny enough, i have not for once seen anyone going for my course: chemistry.
U r welcome btoda of life.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by okorocha22(m): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2013
Qassy4all: U can cross frm zoology/chemistry to mbbs buh dat of ved med is impossible since it is a professional course...just aim to be on a first class cadre and work towards it and am sure dat u ll cross successfully....AMIABLEJAY,u are sighted..bin a long tym
Pls boss....I need ur 2go id of whatsapp numba.
I need 2 clearify sumtins n u might be of gr8 help..... Thanx in advance
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 19, 2013
khennnie: Gudmornin 2 U̶̲̥̅̊ all,pls anybody with d link 4 checking ☀̤̣̈̇f d post ume result shuld help ♍Ƹ drop it Asap........pls a sis needs it urgently,she wanna print ha post ume result.........Tanks in Advance
www.admissions.ui.edu.ng
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by okorocha22(m): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2013
drered:

I didn't say stay at home mate. There are other options. An A-Level programme would suffice and this way they wouldn't exactly lose a year and most importantly they'll get to study the course they desire. About 15 students joined my set in our 2nd year via A-level.
Hello boss!....I need ur 2go id of whatsapp numba.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by jj9ice(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2013
there is a topic on #land front page like 5 days ago 'HOW MANY YEARs DO U SPENT AT HOME BEFORE GAINNING ADMMISSION?' and i tried to contribute and i said 10 years, one lady replied my comment like this ( d is the craziest thing i have ever heard) i filled like crying but i remebered God's mercy in my life and what HE has blessed me with, i said: alhamdulilah!!!. that all 10 years were not vain, i have been to NCE, IJMB plus hand work, but i still believe i can make to my dream course (LAW), Im never a failure in my life , my o level came easy immediately i finished in 2003 and never score less than 250 in about 7 jambs i have obtained before this, im just victim of UNILORIN favouritism like 5 years before i ran comot due to wrong advice. then to ABU, UNIABUJA before i come back to UI this year. 287 in jamb and 75 in post utme, now i just believe that winner never quit, and is better late than never. Therefore, my great #land colleagues if u have hitces in admission today pls and pls try again, dont give up!! Fynestboi and capableben took active part in the topic i refered to. thanks, wish u all the best

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by khennnie(f): 11:22am On Oct 19, 2013
dapsondou:

www.admissions.ui.edu.ng
Thank you sooo much
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Qassy4all: 11:23am On Oct 19, 2013
okorocha22:
Pls boss....I need ur 2go id of whatsapp numba.
na u be boss my broda...my 2go id-adeq
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mesopotamia(f): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2013
Chai!
Leystra:
Good morning... Oga why Psychology nau what if her Jamb combination is not in line with Psychology... U no suppose dey fear gan... we don enter nau... Moreover gan Psychology no dey d fall back course naa
#Bursted!
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Mikebis(m): 11:28am On Oct 19, 2013
Mesopotamia:
boss,i hail u sir
u jst waka komot thread 4 so lng
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by okorocha22(m): 11:31am On Oct 19, 2013
Qassy4all: na u be boss my broda...my 2go id-adeq
Thanx boss...I don add u now.....pls, accept asap...thanx in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (1198) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.