Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,828 members, 7,889,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:31 PM

Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan (7338 Views)

I Never Said Nigeria Will Burn If I Open Up – Jonathan’s Ex-adc, Col Adegbe / Fraudsters Set-Up Jonathan/Sambo Foundation, Dupe Over 100 / Hurry Up, Jonathan - Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by confusion247(m): 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2013
donwilz: WHO IS FOOLING WHO?
**Vice President - North
**Senate President - North
**Speaker House of Reps - North
**PDP National Chairman - North
**PDP acting BOT chairman -North
**Head of Service - North
**INEC Chairman - North
**Inspector General of Police -North
**CBN Governor - North
**Chief Justice of federation -North
**President Court of Appeal -North
**President Federal high court -North
**National Security Adviser -North
**Chief of Defense Staff - North
**Controller, Customs Service -North
**Controller Prison Services -North
**Richest man in Africa - North.
**85% of Petroleum Marketers in Nigeria - Northerners
**80% of Oil Block Owners in Nigeria - Northerners

Yet, the Poorest states in Nigeria and Educationally backward areas
in Nigeria are in the North.
Now ask yourself, who is the problem of the North?
GEJ or Northern Leaders??

Copied from a friend on fb...
And you failed to add ...............
52 years of Independence
North ruled for 38 years.
36 states in Nigeria
North has 19 states.
That is evidence that we are one.
Uncle JONA is saying so to win the heart of Northerners against 2015 because Jona knows that northerners are afraid of division.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2013
obitrac: why not invite him to a mosque to make a speech.ofcourse you know d consequence,religious riot!!

There are many places the president can choose to make his speeches. The Nigerian president always choses the church and obliquely appeases the congregation. I can never trust this man and do not believe that he will protect my interest ( as a Nigerian). Everyday he is showing me that he is a president for some- not for all.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by confusion247(m): 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2013
nagoma:

It is the same. Nigeria is already broken under the directionless government of a clueless president. Anybody after him will have the greatest repair work to do. If we separate - so be it.
Repair work or no repair work, we are not one and can never be. Division is the answer. Divided we have peace and progress, Fake United, boko haram will continue to strike.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
truelove.com:

I pray it would, so that South Nigeria will become the largest economy in africa and a member of G20.…………just imagine when all the federal allocation and federal projects for North, are all spent on south(only 17states). South nigeria will be so beautiful like dubai. our civil servants will enjoy, cos their salary will be increased
the whole of southern nigeria can NEVER be one country.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
confusion247:
And you failed to add ...............
52 years of Independence
North ruled for 38 years.
36 states in Nigeria
North has 19 states.
That is evidence that we are one.
Uncle JONA is saying so to win the heart of Northerners against 2015 because Jona knows that northerners are afraid of division.

grin grin northerners afraid of division? My guy we pray for it, you better ask somebody! Right now the hate goes both ways, trust me
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by confusion247(m): 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2013
nagoma: obitrac: why not invite him to a mosque to make a speech.ofcourse you know d consequence,religious riot!!
If Nigeria is one, let Uncle JONA make his way to Abuja National mosque and make a speech. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by confusion247(m): 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2013
centje: the whole of southern nigeria can NEVER be one country.

Don't worry, the whole south can be four countries or more. Don't let that bother you. Let's divide first.

DivideUs:
grin grin northerners afraid of division? My guy we pray for it, you better ask somebody! Right now the hate goes both ways, trust me

Are you sure that you are not afraid of division? Remember Biafran war. If northerners are not afraid of division, why did they go to war with Biafrans?
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2013
confusion247:

Don't worry, the whole south can be four countries or more. Don't let that bother you. Let's divide first.

Are you sure that you are not afraid of division? Remember Biafran war. If northerners are not afraid of division, why did they go to war with Biafrans?

The Biafran war was not for fear of division but for the hope of unity. It's clear now we can never be one. So north for NORTHERNERS and south for SOUTHERNERS. Let's just go our ways.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by truelovecom: 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2013
nagoma:

The Biafran war was not for fear of division but for the hope of unity. It's clear now we can never be one. So north for NORTHERNERS and south for SOUTHERNERS. Let's just go our ways.

The Republic of Northern Nigeria doesnt have any source of income.How would your country pay civil servants, maintain roads, maintain school facilities, hospital etc. North cant survive without South.…………………I wish you guys will leave for good.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by CROWE: 12:31am On Jan 15, 2013
The north can survive without the south, the Nigerian government is skewed towards oil which discourages development anywhere other than the south, that is partly why the north are so desolate but throw away that illusion that a country needs its own natural resources to survive, it gets harder but it can be very rich without them, there is iron for in the north anyway so there you go *I am not a northerner*
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 10:46am On Jan 15, 2013
truelove.com:

The Republic of Northern Nigeria doesnt have any source of income.How would your country pay civil servants, maintain roads, maintain school facilities, hospital etc. North cant survive without South.…………………I wish you guys will leave for good.

You are wrong my friend;

Oil is a natural resource that is in vogue and extremely valuable within the last 2 centuries because fossil fuel is used to drive engines. There are numerous other natural and equally precious resources obtained from the land. But you have to have the land first before finding out what it may contain. Land on its own is a natural recourse of profound importance after all it is the pieces of land joined together that make the world. We all know the importance of land and what misery and conflicts arise from lack of it. My Igbo friends are well aware of the importance of land. The deadly land war that claimed 50 lives in Ebonyi state last August is a recent reminder to how precious land is to people.
I will remind you that the north has an abundance of this resource. Oyo state is the state with the largest land area among the southern states but its 28.454 sq km places it at no. 14 in Nigeria with the first 13 coming from the North and Niger state (76.363sqkm) is 2.6 times the size of Oyo state and 10 times the size of the largest Igbo state –Enugu (7.161sqkm). The entire 5 Igbo states amount to only half the size of Borno state. Compare the ratio of population per sq meter for the agricultural state of Kwara 64.4 persons per sq meter to that of Anambra State 863.3 persons per sq meter even before they all move back there.
The total landmass of igboland ( the five Igbo states is less than half the area of Borno state ( which is not the largest northern states) the largest of the 19 northern states is 10 times the size of the largest Igbo state ( Enugu state) . The population density in most northern states is around 50 - 80 persons per sq km compared to 800 persons per sq km in Anambra state even before the 10 million or so Igbos that are in the north return home after the peaceful division. Agreed that much of the land in the north is arid but much of the land in the south suffers from soil leaching and gulley erosion and does not support agriculture. The most important natural resource that the north has is land. To have any other mineral resources now or in the future you must first of all have the land, and we know that there is no northern state that has no confirmed mineral deposits,, Iron ore lead and zinc in Benue, Uranium, lead and Zinc in Bauchi, Copper and glass in Kano, Tin columbite and tantalite in plateau, Sapphire, aqua marine, gold etc in Kaduna. Gold and lead in Sokoto kebbi and zamfara. All of you know the crude gold mining going on especially in Niger and Zamfara states. ETC.And with the presence of oil in Southern Nigeria, In the cameroun ,in Niger Republic, in Chad ,in Ghana and other places one would not be surprised if oil is found in parts of the vast expanse of land of the North.
If you have no land ,then forget about minerals and forget about big agriculture ( you may have small gardens here and there). Anybody in doubt about the importance of land - go and ask the israelis, the white and black south Africans, the Zimbabwean whites and blacks, the Kharijan of india, the Palestinians , the argentinians in relation to Malvinas ( falkland island).
The north must be given the chance to use it's land profitably , in mining in agriculture and in industry. Partners in development like the Chinese , the malaysians and south Americans are welcome. Igbo traders , if they have valid visas , will compete with all for their original shops in all markets. A system based on honesty , justice and mutual respect will be built in Arewa and 2 state religions Christianity and Islam will guide our morality , ethics and etiquette. the south can do what they chose to do and we believe they will be good neighbors. My proposed oil for food project is still an important pipeline plan and fellow NAiralanders who may be closer to oil should scribble this somewhere in their notepads. It will happen earlier than you expected. NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS AND SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS- AND PERMANENT is my daily prayer, I wish the President will openly work towards it.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 10:46am On Jan 15, 2013
Sorry this was repeated
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 15, 2013
Jonathan would have been a world class leader if he was Deaf and Dumb.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by truelovecom: 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2013
nagoma:

You are wrong my friend;

Oil is a natural resource that is in vogue and extremely valuable within the last 2 centuries because fossil fuel is used to drive engines. There are numerous other natural and equally precious resources obtained from the land. But you have to have the land first before finding out what it may contain. Land on its own is a natural recourse of profound importance after all it is the pieces of land joined together that make the world. We all know the importance of land and what misery and conflicts arise from lack of it. My Igbo friends are well aware of the importance of land. The deadly land war that claimed 50 lives in Ebonyi state last August is a recent reminder to how precious land is to people.
I will remind you that the north has an abundance of this resource. Oyo state is the state with the largest land area among the southern states but its 28.454 sq km places it at no. 14 in Nigeria with the first 13 coming from the North and Niger state (76.363sqkm) is 2.6 times the size of Oyo state and 10 times the size of the largest Igbo state –Enugu (7.161sqkm). The entire 5 Igbo states amount to only half the size of Borno state. Compare the ratio of population per sq meter for the agricultural state of Kwara 64.4 persons per sq meter to that of Anambra State 863.3 persons per sq meter even before they all move back there.
The total landmass of igboland ( the five Igbo states is less than half the area of Borno state ( which is not the largest northern states) the largest of the 19 northern states is 10 times the size of the largest Igbo state ( Enugu state) . The population density in most northern states is around 50 - 80 persons per sq km compared to 800 persons per sq km in Anambra state even before the 10 million or so Igbos that are in the north return home after the peaceful division. Agreed that much of the land in the north is arid but much of the land in the south suffers from soil leaching and gulley erosion and does not support agriculture. The most important natural resource that the north has is land. To have any other mineral resources now or in the future you must first of all have the land, and we know that there is no northern state that has no confirmed mineral deposits,, Iron ore lead and zinc in Benue, Uranium, lead and Zinc in Bauchi, Copper and glass in Kano, Tin columbite and tantalite in plateau, Sapphire, aqua marine, gold etc in Kaduna. Gold and lead in Sokoto kebbi and zamfara. All of you know the crude gold mining going on especially in Niger and Zamfara states. ETC.And with the presence of oil in Southern Nigeria, In the cameroun ,in Niger Republic, in Chad ,in Ghana and other places one would not be surprised if oil is found in parts of the vast expanse of land of the North.
If you have no land ,then forget about minerals and forget about big agriculture ( you may have small gardens here and there). Anybody in doubt about the importance of land - go and ask the israelis, the white and black south Africans, the Zimbabwean whites and blacks, the Kharijan of india, the Palestinians , the argentinians in relation to Malvinas ( falkland island).
The north must be given the chance to use it's land profitably , in mining in agriculture and in industry. Partners in development like the Chinese , the malaysians and south Americans are welcome. Igbo traders , if they have valid visas , will compete with all for their original shops in all markets. A system based on honesty , justice and mutual respect will be built in Arewa and 2 state religions Christianity and Islam will guide our morality , ethics and etiquette. the south can do what they chose to do and we believe they will be good neighbors. My proposed oil for food project is still an important pipeline plan and fellow NAiralanders who may be closer to oil should scribble this somewhere in their notepads. It will happen earlier than you expected. NORTH FOR NORTHERNERS AND SOUTH FOR SOUTHERNERS- AND PERMANENT is my daily prayer, I wish the President will openly work towards it.

Good write up!!!………………But why are the northern leaders opposing "Our Break Up".
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
truelove.com:

Good write up!!!………………But why are the northern leaders opposing "Our Break Up".

There are many people opposing the break up and they are from all over Nigeria and mainly for selfish reasons. It is your assumption that Northern leaders oppose the braking up of Nigeria( unless you can bring evidence) . Jonathan is giving you his opinion here. There are many of us hoping and working for a separate North.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by truelovecom: 1:35am On Jan 16, 2013
nagoma:

There are many people opposing the break up and they are from all over Nigeria and mainly for selfish reasons. It is your assumption that Northern leaders oppose the braking up of Nigeria( unless you can bring evidence) . Jonathan is giving you his opinion here. There are many of us hoping and working for a separate North.

Ok
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by tomakint: 2:59am On Jan 16, 2013
nagoma:
It is the same. Nigeria is already broken under the directionless government of a clueless president. Anybody after him will have the greatest repair work to do. If we separate - so be it.
You've been on Jonathan is this and that in ur many posts here, if u lump ur Balewa,Shagari and YarAdua together they are no match to what Jonathan had achieved in his 2 years! You Abokis remain Nigeria's headache mtcheewww!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 6:36am On Jan 16, 2013
tomakint:
You've been on Jonathan is this and that in ur many posts here, if u lump ur Balewa,Shagari and YarAdua together they are no match to what Jonathan had achieved in his 2 years! You Abokis remain Nigeria's headache mtcheewww!

Is it the same Jonathan that we are talking about? Are you writing from another planet?. You can't be living on planet earth, you would have know the damage Oga Reterdeen is inflicting on this country and it's people.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Onlytruth(m): 6:48am On Jan 16, 2013
nagoma:

Why do I find this VERY HARD TO BELIEVE.

In any case, I think that your write up here is full of lies, inacuracies, propaganda and pure rants.

nagoma:

You are wrong my friend;

I notice that you (true to type) did everything to skew the logic to your advantage:

First you posit that Igboland is tiny.
Second, you make it seem as if empty lands ever made any country rich.
Pray tell me why USA is richer than Canada, even though Canada is bigger; and so many examples all over the world.

I have stopped wishing that Nigeria divides (for a completely different reason), but you guys should stop all these lies because it is getting to ad nauseum levels.
Igbo land is about 10% developed. Go to Enugu "The Pride of the East" and see pure virgin lands everywhere.

Stop the lies bro, or I will go back to "Egypt". wink
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 10:36am On Jan 16, 2013
Onlytruth:

Why do I find this VERY HARD TO BELIEVE.
In any case, I think that your write up here is full of lies, inacuracies, propaganda and pure rants.
I notice that you (true to type) did everything to skew the logic to your advantage:
First you posit that Igboland is tiny.
Second, you make it seem as if empty lands ever made any country rich.
Pray tell me why USA is richer than Canada, even though Canada is bigger; and so many examples all over the world.
I have stopped wishing that Nigeria divides (for a completely different reason), but you guys should stop all these lies because it is getting to ad nauseum levels.
Igbo land is about 10% developed. Go to Enugu "The Pride of the East" and see pure virgin lands everywhere.
Stop the lies bro, or I will go back to "Egypt". wink

My friend, everything I wrote in that post is factual. The Igbos do not realize how useful a large country is to them - if the country can be run properly. But even when we separate they can come and run their businesses, hotels, automobile, construction and so on. The only difference is we will charge different and very high rents and heavy taxation. After all they will be from oil producing country. Don't worry all will be done in an organized and civilized way. My business will be moving food and meat to your country and bringing back oil before we start drilling and refining our deposits.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by pazienza(m): 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
Land can never be a problem in igboland, we have too many fallow lands. People should stop that stupidity. Where has large landmass gotten sudan and congo DR. Igboland is made up of five southeastern states only in the marijuana induced hallucination of abokis/yorubas who re drew the map of igboland as it pleased them,after the fall of the east in january 1970. We igbos know the true extent of igboland,and when the time comes,not even one inch of it will be left out.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by pazienza(m): 12:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
nagoma:

My friend, everything I wrote in that post is factual. The Igbos do not realize how useful a large country is to them - if the country can be run properly. But even when we separate they can come and run their businesses, hotels, automobile, construction and so on. The only difference is we will charge different and very high rents and heavy taxation. After all they will be from oil producing country. Don't worry all will be done in an organized and civilized way. My business will be moving food and meat to your country and bringing back oil before we start drilling and refining our deposits.
My dear,when the time comes,your business would be to stop the desertification of the north,that is already happening,and to start setting up ranches for your cattle,as you would nolonger be allowed to graze your cattle in igboland.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 1:30pm On Jan 16, 2013
pazienza: Land can never be a problem in igboland, we have too many fallow lands. People should stop that stupidity. Where has large landmass gotten sudan and congo DR. Igboland is made up of five southeastern states only in the marijuana induced hallucination of abokis/yorubas who re drew the map of igboland as it pleased them,after the fall of the east in january 1970. We igbos know the true extent of igboland,and when the time comes,not even one inch of it will be left out.

Write it down in square kilometers. Including the large proportion claimed by gulley erosion.then we can talk.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by pazienza(m): 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
nagoma:

Write it down in square kilometers. Including the large proportion claimed by gulley erosion.then we can talk.
And why should i be discussing about igbo land matters with a non igbo, an aboki for that matter.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by tomakint: 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2013
nagoma:

Is it the same Jonathan that we are talking about? Are you writing from another planet?. You can't be living on planet earth, you would have know the damage Oga Reterdeen is inflicting on this country and it's people.
Damage? Indeed, let me at this juncture welcome you to Planet Earth, because I am very sure you must have spent a greater part of your life in Mars!!! Can you imagine, an Aboki trying to sound reasonable, Jonathan is trying to clean up the mess your megalomaniacs (Balewa, Shagari and Yar'Adua) have dished out to this country! If YouWin, Sure-P, better power supply, improved elections, listening President, constant release of funds to States and LG (unlike Obj who was busy witholding some funds), EFCC working without manipulations and many more I can't list out are your definitions of 'damage'then you must be high on that 'gum and dried human excreta' angry
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by juman(m): 6:52pm On Jan 16, 2013
One nigeria is a failure.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
pazienza: And why should i be discussing about igbo land matters with a non igbo, an aboki for that matter.

I need an intelligent person to talk to. All you can say is this Aboki, Aboki , Aboki. You want me to call you Nyamiri or Okoro or Igbo. I am not into that name calling childish crap . I want to discuss with sensible people.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Ogbonaikenna(m): 10:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
****World
Exclusive*** OWERRI
FEDERAL HIGH COURT ORDERS
NIGERIA TO PAY N5, 000.00
FINE TO BIAFRANS FOR
ATTENDING COURT This is the
sort of story you never thought
you will read from Nigeria
where today at the Federal High
Court Owerri with the
Honourable Justice Shuaibu
presiding, Nigeria was fined for
delaying due legal process. Two
motions were before the Judge.
The two issues considered
today was the motion filed by
the Nigerian Government asking
for an extension of time to enter
appearance and serve BILIE
HUMAN RIGHST INITIATIVE
representing the Indigenous
Peoples of Biafra with their
counter affidavit and preliminary
objection. Nigeria asked for an
order of the court deeming their
processes to have been duly
filed and served on the
Indigenous People of Biafra.
Lawyers for BILIE HUMAN RIGHTS
INITIATIVE did not oppose their
motion but asked the court to
award costs against Nigeria for
coming late. The court awarded
N5, 000.00 in favour of the
Biafrans. Therefore, in this first
round of the battle, Nigeria shall
pay N5,000 to the Biafrans for
coming late to defend
themselves. The matter was
adjourned to the 28th of March
2013 to allow both parties time
to prepare for the substantive
hearing. Next was a motion
filed by the Biafrans to amend a
typographical error in their
originating summons where the
typist omitted some words
contained in the certificate of
incorporation of Bilie Human
Rights Initiative, the human
rights organization representing
indigenous people of Biafra.
Nigerian lawyers did not oppose
this motion just as BILIE HUMAN
RIGHTS INITIATIVE did not
oppose the application by
Nigeria.
BILIE HUMAN RIGHTS INITIATIVE
lawyers then applied for an
adjournment to give the
Biafrans enough time to
produce more evidence and
reply to the issues raised by the
Nigerians in their counter
affidavit and preliminary
objection. Nigerian lawyers
objected but said that the
Biafrans should pay costs for
delaying the case if the matter
should be adjourned.
Furthermore, the Nigerians
asked for the permission of the
court to amend their counter
affidavit. The court refused and
overruled them and granted an
adjournment to 28 March 2013.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by pazienza(m): 12:58am On Jan 17, 2013
nagoma:

I need an intelligent person to talk to. All you can say is this Aboki, Aboki , Aboki. You want me to call you Nyamiri or Okoro or Igbo. I am not into that name calling childish crap . I want to discuss with sensible people.
Haha! Obu soso sensible,ma nonsensible. Keep counting on your soon to be desert land mass. I guess even morons think they are intelligent,if they don't,then they wouldn't be morons.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by nagoma(m): 11:51am On Jan 17, 2013
tomakint:
Damage? Indeed, let me at this juncture welcome you to Planet Earth, because I am very sure you must have spent a greater part of your life in Mars!!! Can you imagine, an Aboki trying to sound reasonable, Jonathan is trying to clean up the mess your megalomaniacs (Balewa, Shagari and Yar'Adua) have dished out to this country! If YouWin, Sure-P, better power supply, improved elections, listening President, constant release of funds to States and LG (unlike Obj who was busy witholding some funds), EFCC working without manipulations and many more I can't list out are your definitions of 'damage'then you must be high on that 'gum and dried human excreta' angry

Where are all the clever ones. This toma kit guy doent deserve one of the 40 lap tops.
Re: Nigeria Wont Break Up - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2013
nagoma:

All you Ibo guys should outgrow all these sentiments and name calling.
The guy is flooring you guys with facts and logic,kicking your collective sorry asses and all you do is call him Aboki.Shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, / Kankia Dam Collapses, Destroys Crops / Ondo Is No Longer An Oil Producing State Just Like Crossriver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.