Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,097 members, 7,880,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:06 PM

Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children (5613 Views)

Please Guys, A Friend Of Mine Needs Help. Is There A Cure To Asthma ? / How Fast Food Restaurants Land Nigerians In Hospitals / Whats D Best / Fast Cure For Eczema (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by bunmioguns(m): 6:24am On Jan 15, 2013
Consuming fast food several times a week appeared to heighten children's' risk of developing asthma and eczema in a new international study.

Researchers at New Zealand's University of Auckland found a 39 percent increased chanceof severe asthma in teenagers who ate three or more servings of fast food per week.

Younger children who ate a similar amount had a 27 percent increased risk of developing respiratory problems, according to the study, which was published Monday in British medical journal Thorax.

The simultaneous rise of childhood obesity and asthma has caused some experts to wonder if the conditions may be linked.

Monday's study involved about 500,000 children and teenagers in developed and non-developed countries around the globe.

While it failed to prove that fast food causes asthma and eczema, the research noted that both conditions are sometimes associated with overreactions of the immune system and that trans fatty acids could play a role in those reactions.

Eating three or more weekly servings of fruit had the opposite effect of consuming fast food, researchers found.
W
hat’s clear from this study as that fruits and vegetables turned up as protective factors, and fast foods turned up as risk factors, one researcher, Gabriele Nagel, told Bloomberg. Our study provides evidence toward giving dietary recommendations in order to prevent asthma and allergies in childhood.

http://mobile.thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/public-global-health/276957-study-ties-fast-food-to-asthma-eczema-in-kids
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by strangest(m): 11:35am On Jan 15, 2013
Dont really think so sha.. most especially when it comes to eczema, back in secondary school, most of the kids caught it as a result of bad hygiene... 1st oooo

1 Like

Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 15, 2013
I personally think that even the mere dust in Nigeria iz capable of infecting a child with asthma. Not to talk of mothers who do not take care of their children and allow them go shirtless in cold weather. Buh anyways I don't think fast food can cause asthma at least not in my area. * I can't afford to miss a daily dose of Iya Bumi's bread and beans chai yummy yummy* hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by Cuckoo48: 11:38am On Jan 15, 2013
Na lie....most asthma sufferers get it from birth. Abi 2 month old baby dey chop burger or boli for yonder? Fast food ko....slow poke ni!
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by Parisgoodman(m): 11:43am On Jan 15, 2013
if I say make I no comment now , e go be like say person do bad abi?
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by infobiz9ja(m): 11:47am On Jan 15, 2013
Show this post to the owners of Mc donalds, kfc, Mr Biggs & co & they will shut u up by giving you a free meal cheesy #Just Passing
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by executinal(m): 11:47am On Jan 15, 2013
Do we have MCDONALDS IN Naija ooh i forget Mr BiGGS is there. @op OK anything white man research black must accept na
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by Bluediamond1(f): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2013
All these jobless researchers dat dnt knw wat 2 research on.mtcheeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by ifihearam: 11:50am On Jan 15, 2013
Serzli these fast foods sef I nor really gbadun am but can't do without it.
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by HoneyPrincess(f): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2013
It can't happen to Nigerian children we are strong at heart, no condition can shake us, chicken dey bend neck we still dey kill am chop well notin dey happen

1 Like

Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by Justicemy: 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2013
tel dat 2 de birds...
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by slimyem: 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2013
Go ask the students of L.A primary school who have excema all over them if they have ever been to a fast food joint in their lives...undecided
Nonsense report!
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
bunmioguns, d mods v released ur thread.
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by igbsam(m): 12:33pm On Jan 15, 2013
Men, this is goodnews o! I will print this out in several copies and show it to all these Naija babes that always want to visit Fast food to empty my pocket all in the name of dating. I will simply show them and ask them this question after reading it "DO YOU WANT YOUR UNBORN CHILD TO BE ASTHMATIC OR COME OUT WITH ECZEMA ALL OVER HIS/HER BODY ?" I bet that would do the magic and its iya emeka canteen all the way or we go to my house and prepare indomie then we can chat and do the necessary things all day.
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by free2ryhme: 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
ifihearam: Serzli these fast foods sef I nor really gbadun am but can't do without it.
wat an irony! undecided
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by free2ryhme: 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2013
Make dem go research anoda tin abeg
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by paparazzi1987(m): 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2013
bunmioguns: Consuming fast food several times a week appeared to heighten children's' risk of developing asthma and eczema in a new international study.

May be we should start consuming slow food to reduce children's' risk of developing asthma and eczema in Nigeria. wink
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by Ikoniko(f): 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2013
Cuckoo48: Na lie....most asthma sufferers get it from birth. Abi 2 month old baby dey chop burger or boli for yonder? Fast food ko....slow poke ni!
Exactly
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by mu2sa2: 1:07pm On Jan 15, 2013
Izrhiell: I personally think that even the mere dust in Nigeria iz capable of infecting a child with asthma. Not to talk of mothers who do not take care of their children and allow them go shirtless in cold weather. Buh anyways I don't think fast food can cause asthma at least not in my area. * I can't afford to miss a daily dose of Iya Bumi's bread and beans chai yummy yummy* hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
I dont think bread and the good old beans nigerian style is fast food (alias junk food).
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by Goldenheart(m): 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2013
Not in Nigeria sha
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by LagosBoi2(m): 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
abeg clear for road, that one no be for naija.
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by LagosBoi2(m): 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
ok o
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by antontech(m): 1:33pm On Jan 15, 2013
Asthma! Mehn no be small tin
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by iamdsam: 1:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
This reserce isn't reliable
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by magmegas: 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2013
people should not wave off such findings as there exist enough evidence that the high cases of Kidney problems we have today even in children is traceable to the so called food seasonings,taste improvers and mostly by meat tenderizers that is used to cook meat and chiken. no wonder you will buy chiken in fast food supposedly cooked, and still still see fresh blood in them and you can chew the chiken bones as if you are taking biscuits. these chemicals are transferred along to your systems, weakening their natural potency and giving us debilities. this is not meant to scare you that indulge in it but to awaken you to the realities of your actions and indulgences.

2 Likes

Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2013
The post said increased risk and not the only cause.
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by bunmioguns(m): 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: bunmioguns, d mods v released ur thread.

it was not d mod., it was Pyguru
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by redsun(m): 2:56pm On Jan 15, 2013
Junk foods and fizzy drinks are sickening.You can instantly feel it that you are consuming poison.They cause all sorts of dilapidating diseases,including depression.

Refined Sugar is poisonous,i am sure it corrodes the internal organs like it does to the teeth.

1 Like

Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:28pm On Jan 15, 2013
bunmioguns:

it was not d mode, it was Pyguru
tot u said a mod. Ok.
Re: Study Ties Fast Food To Asthma, Eczema In Children by bunmioguns(m): 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: tot u said a mod. Ok.

It was the mod. dt informed me that Pyguru actually hid it wink wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why It Is Good To Have Morning Sex! / Where Can I Buy This Drug Zyvox Tablet 600 Mg. / Real Reason Females Pierce Their Vagina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.