Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,552 members, 7,948,137 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:41 PM

Laloko: Angola must be stopped at all cost - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Laloko: Angola must be stopped at all cost (1175 Views)

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / . / South Africa, Angola, Morroco, Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 Group A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laloko: Angola must be stopped at all cost by Chxta(m): 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2005
A CAF instructor and immediate past head of the technical department of the NFA, Kashimawo Laloko has declared to KICK OFF that every thing possible must be done to stop Angola from going to Germany 2006 World Cup finals at the expense of Nigeria.

He said in Lagos: “We have reached a stage where we have to play the politics of the game. We cannot run away from it, there should be mathematical manipulation because the situation we are in is very dicey. It calls for serious mathematics now.”

The controversial football administrator further opened up to KICK OFF, “We cannot fold our arms and see Angola qualify at our expense; it will be an insult on us to see them go to Germany. It is not going to be in our overall interest not to be at the World Cup. Equally Angola cannot serve the interest of Africa better than Nigeria at the World Cup”’

Laloko, who is also a director of Pepsi Academy, Agege at the outskirts of Lagos told KICK OFF that he will be ready to assist the country play the necessary role in her World Cup pursuit.

“I would want to help my country actualize her World Cup dream, and I know what I can do in this regard, but I would wish to work from outside the system, not inside it,” he insisted.

He also urged Nigerians to put the refusal of Philip Troussier to accept the job of coaching the Super Eagles behind them.

“Troussier was not sure of our position regarding the World Cup qualification, and that was why he declined the offer .He should be free to take any decision he feels is best for him,” he added.
Re: Laloko: Angola must be stopped at all cost by c0dec(m): 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2005
how does Laloko want to do it now?
Re: Laloko: Angola must be stopped at all cost by lordimpaq(m): 6:49pm On Aug 03, 2005
only God knows... i don't know what mediocre coaches have in store for the nigerian team....mediocre as "onigbinde, laloko and the rest"

Nigeria should go and sit down and watch the world cup at home..........
Re: Laloko: Angola must be stopped at all cost by Vongauche(m): 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2005
I have resigned myself to the fact that Nigeria would not qualify for world cup. We might very well win our last macthes but so will Angola. Afterall, their remaining matches are easier theoretically. Don't get me wrong, I'm an optimist when it comes to sports but I'm also a realist. The writing was on the wall long ago. Maybe it's a good spur for us to blaze through come SA 2010 especially with u-21 players reaching their prime. That said, the current NFA (+ Sports Ministry and most other national sports associations) is a cesspool of corruption and ineptitude
Re: Laloko: Angola must be stopped at all cost by chimanu2000(m): 1:59pm On Aug 16, 2005
Dont forget he is a firm believer in the metaphysical a word or too from laloko to his babalawo brothers might do the trick.Seriously people like laloko should watch their public utterances if anything controversial happens and Nigeria qualifies fingers will be pointed the man should wise up a bit and watch his comments grin
Re: Laloko: Angola must be stopped at all cost by abuguy64(m): 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2005
Me thinks,The days when God was a Nigerian in football are long gone.Imagine Angola!Man fit cry oh..!Angola has to loose at least one of its matches(not very likely!),and Nigeria must win its remaining matches(A miracle,very unlikely), for us to Qualify. I hope Laloko is not becoming senile,how does he think we can do it!Wishful thinking if you ask me. OR unless,Nigeria bribe Angola will millions of dollars to loose their remaining matches-that is the only possibility.Babalawo no fit do this one!
Anyway,as a patriotic Nigeria,I also have something in me that hopes we make it!What a disaster!!!All the NFA people should be sacked with immediate effect! cry embarassed sad shocked
Re: Laloko: Angola must be stopped at all cost by Greatpeter(m): 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2005
Laloko, Onigbinde are not mediocres in coaching world correct that pls.

Now, Nigeria wants to play football politics when it is almost impossible.

Let's see what happens next.

But if we beat Algeria and win Zimbabwe we might go to the World cup because I forsee Gabon holding Angola.

Wants to bet it?
Re: Laloko: Angola must be stopped at all cost by drbigdaddyg(m): 6:09pm On Sep 06, 2005
In my own opinion, I would say we will only make it by pledging some millions of dollars to Rwandans if they 'll hold the Angolans draw in their final match. Otherwise, Angolans will easily conquer Rwandans since Rwandans know they are already out of the match and they cannot oppose the world cup-hungry lions (Angolans).
I can't imagine a situation where I'll be sweating over something I know that I am not going to benefit. Is even likely their most-valuable players might have gone back to their clubs . So, inorder to attract them or, put in seriousness in them, there must be the pledge. I am therefore feeling the politics Laloka meant is lobbing the Rwandans. You cannot lobby the Angolans 'cos they need the worldcup as you need it and 'll possibly seek a means of reversing the case i.e, lobbing you people to loose to Zimbabweans.
Prayers I believe can settle the problem. Pray hard for Nigeria.
Re: Laloko: Angola must be stopped at all cost by Saintjoe(m): 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2005
Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!! the situation here is very difficult. Am short of words. But lets watch and pray., and see if God is a Nigerian or Angolan.. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Wins All 4! How Much? / Eden Hazard Has Signed Another Five Year Contract With Chelsea / Recycle Your Used Battery, Condemned Battery, Scrap Battery, Inverter Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.