Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,850 members, 7,886,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 07:30 AM

What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? (12491 Views)

What Was Budgeted For The Federal Ministry Of Interior #saatahbudgetseries / Presidency To Spend N114m On Feeding In 2016 – Document / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 16, 2013
@All,

I located some documents which provide a more granular breakdown on the spending priorities of the Lagos state government here, but no specific figures for food or even entertainment (note: you will need enough bandwidth to download a 24MB zip file).

His motives notwithstanding, in my opinion, @OP has asked the kind of question all Nigerians in tune with their civic responsibilities ought to be asking.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:49am On Jan 16, 2013
Guk:

Your wish is my command: http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=1 (Actual Budget) & http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/subpage.php?k=34

Why are you taking me round in circles now? I have been there before, several times. Many of the links are dead links. The one I really wanted to see is item 32 and it gives:

Not Found

The requested URL /uploads/gallery_d0pq1x34r2j0k6w3ksy7.pdf was not found on this server.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Walexz02(m): 11:54am On Jan 16, 2013
Chai! U guyz(sincere 9jerian and thelastpope) will never stop amazing me, you said others are derailing the thread whereas you people are the ones derailing the thread yourself.... Is it that you guyz did not understand the simple question we are asking or you guyz just decided to continue foO.ling around the thread? U said there is a budget for food and other palaza that you called for and we asked you guyz to provide proves of either an existing lagos state government budget that contain such or give us your state governors own as a challenge. Shikenah!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 11:56am On Jan 16, 2013
Walexz02: Chai! U guyz(sincere 9jerian and thelastpope) will never stop amazing me, you said others are derailing the thread whereas you people are the ones derailing the thread yourself.... Is it that you guyz did not understand the simple question we are asking or you guyz just decided to continue foO.ling around the thread? U said there is a budget for food and other palaza that you called for and we asked you guyz to provide proves of either an existing lagos state government budget that contain such or give us your state governors own as a challenge. Shikenah!

That is a dumb question. The refreshments and hotels bills and Lagos tours giving to both local and international guests of the state house is what? A gift from America? If you dont have any information, waka pass instead of asking dumb questions. Thank you!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 12:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
That is a link to LASG events. Including celebrations which involve parties and food and drinks and much more

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/pagemenus.php?p=261&k=28
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by MusicCafe: 12:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
It is unacceptable not to know. We have the right to know.

This is a season of ACCOUNTABILITY and TRANSPARENCY. Every level of govt must be held accountable by the citizens.

Lagos state govt should come clean on what it spends on feeding because every state govt has a budget for feeding.
Just provide proof that Lagos actually have such budget, that's what you are asked to do, not go around rabble rousing. Yes, we all canvass for TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY on alter of knowledge and evidence.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Walexz02(m): 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

That is a dumb question. The refreshments and hotels bills and Lagos tours giving to both local and international guests of the state house is what? A gift from America? If you dont have any information, waka pass instead of asking dumb questions. Thank you!
where in my comment did I say there is no such? What I am saying is that you should give us samples of what you want from us. Shebi u are from one state in Nigerian or is Lagos the only state in Nigerian? Give us samples 4rm ur own state, that is all I asked for.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by ba7man(m): 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
Since this Phantom "Food Budget" doesn't exist in the Lagos State Budget. I guess i'll have to go to Alausa to start asking "How many crates of soft drink did you purchase and at what rate??...ok, how many cows did you purchase and prices??...what of bags of rice??....Or the OP can do it since he so badly needs answers.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
Walexz02:
where in my comment did I say there is no such? What I am saying is that you should give us samples of what you want from us. Shebi u are from one state in Nigerian or is Lagos the only state in Nigerian? Give us samples 4rm ur own state, that is all I asked for.

Am sorry but if you go to the politics section of NL, you will see threads on Abia, Delta, Lagos, Akwa Ibom< Kano, Sokoto, others. I dont see anywhere on NL rules that says only people from a particular state can comment on threads from their states. It is only on threads on Lagos state that I see such hypocritical comments from your likes. Demdem, Eko Ile, Gbawe, Take Dat and all the other ACN gangs post comments on all those threads of other states and no one has ever questioned their right to. Keep your dumb and hypocritical statements to yourself, thank you!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope: That is a link to LASG events. Including celebrations which involve parties and food and drinks and much more

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/pagemenus.php?p=261&k=28

It would please you to know that ledgers tendered by LASG show evidence of jollification within some of its agencies, although, as yet, not the smoking gun your want from the Governor's office tongue

Look at what the Centre for Rural Development has been up to, for instance. grin tongue cheesy I dey go come.

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 12:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
ba7man: Since this Phantom "Food Budget" doesn't exist in the Lagos State Budget. I guess i'll have to go to Alausa to start asking "How many crates of soft drink did you purchase and at what rate??...ok, how many cows did you purchase and prices??...what of bags of rice??....Or the OP can do it since he so badly needs answers.

You sound like it is funny. If it isnt there or it isnt covered in the budget, it is an indictment and means there is no transparency. get that! This is a constitutional matter not some personal initiative!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 12:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
eGuerrilla:

It would please you to know that ledgers tendered by LASG show evidence of jollification within some of its agencies, although, as yet, not the smoking gun your want from the Governor's office tongue

Look at what the Centre for Rural Development has been up to, for instance. grin tongue cheesy I dey go come.

We are getting somewhere. Nice one there! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oya, komole! Gbe soke!!

Ha! This is just the Centre for Rural Development? N7, 500, 000? shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 12:31pm On Jan 16, 2013
MusicCafe: Just provide proof that Lagos actually have such budget, that's what you are asked to do, not go around rabble rousing. Yes, we all canvass for TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY on alter of knowledge and evidence.

Have you seen the proof up there now? Just look up! Dont allow shame to keep your head down oh! Ehen!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Abbey2sam(m): 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The federal govt was criticised last year for budgeting N1billion for feeding at the Villa. In response to criticisms, the federal govt later reduced the budget marginally to a little over N800million, but that was still too little in the eyes of many.

For the year 2013, the federal govt had proposed a budget of about N1.3billion for feeding and miscellaneous expenses in the State House. This provision was widely reported and one of such reports is reproduced below:

...The Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs were told yesterday that a whopping N1, 305, 292, 050 billion had been set aside in the 2013 budget for refreshment, meals and other miscellaneous expenses in the State House.....A breakdown of the miscellaneous expenses in the budget proposal showed that the sum of N203, 753m was allocated for refreshment and meals, N107,413m for honorarium and sitting allowances while N37,277,825 was budgeted for publicity and advertisement.

Others include medical expenses of N50.308m; postage and courier services would gulp N10, 035,583m, welfare packages were allotted N195.066m; subscription to professional bodies got N4,589,793m and sporting activities, which was given N32,910,730.

Overtime was also allocation the sum of N250,455,589 while feeding of animals including animal supplements for the veterinary clinic got N30,584m s, Summit/ Extra ordinary sessions, including the UN, African Union, ECOWAS, etc, has N228,112,862 while NYSC, IT, LOCUM, housemanship and contract staff allowance has N144,788,555......

The State House Permanent Secretary, Emmanuel Ogbile, who defended the budget told the lawmakers that the amount was inadequate......saying: "I have taken pains to explain that this money is not just to fund the residence of the President and that of the Vice President. The experience I have had is that this fund is grossly insufficient. It's not even enough."

He further explained that out of the N1.305 billion, "The Federal Executive Council (FEC) holds every Wednesday and we take care of them through this budget", he said.

Nonetheless, he listed other expenses that fall within the refreshment and meals vote to include National Economic Council(NEC), Council of States, conferences in the Banquet Hall, presidential retreats, National Merit Award, Children's Day, hosting of dignitaries, and so on....

http://allafrica.com/stories/201211210241.html

It is very proper for every Nigerian to demand TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY at the federal level but this demand should not be limited to the federal govt.

The state govts collects and disburses about 50% (for the state and local govts, thru state-local govt joint accounts) of the national purse.

Therefore any demand for TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY that exempts the state governors will not yield desired results.

Consequently, we also want to KNOW what the Lagos state govt and by extension other state governors, budgeted for feeding (or FOOD) in 2013.

Thank you for letting us know
I will do something about......

How much do you want them to budget? 1.3million naira?
Yeye dey worry you

Fashola carry go jor..
Eko oni baje o

Budget one trillion naira no p.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Walexz02(m): 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

Am sorry but if you go to the politics section of NL, you will see threads on Abia, Delta, Lagos, Akwa Ibom< Kano, Sokoto, others. I dont see anywhere on NL rules that says only people from a particular state can comment on threads from their states. It is only on threads on Lagos state that I see such hypocritical comments from your likes. Demdem, Eko Ile, Gbawe, Take Dat and all the other ACN gangs post comments on all those threads of other states and no one has ever questioned their right to. Keep your dumb and hypocritical statements to yourself, thank you!

stop rubbishing the thread and ur yourself,just provide proves/copies 4rm other state thats all I ask.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
Walexz02:

stop rubbishing the thread and ur yourself,just provide proves/copies 4rm other state thats all I ask.

Ok. Didnt know I was talking to an agbero. Sorry oh! my bad.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by kutchs: 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2013
MusicCafe: Just provide proof that Lagos actually have such budget, that's what you are asked to do, not go around rabble rousing. Yes, we all canvass for TRANSPARENCY and ACCOUNTABILITY on alter of knowledge and evidence.
You see how you are rubbishing the so called ACCOUNTABILTY AND TRANSPARENCY your LAGS is purported to be built on.
Doesnt LAGS not having such budget a rape of the citizen‘s trust of them? The citizens deserve to know how much it costs them to feed the gov the way Jonathan has done.
The LAGS is very dishonest and insincere on this issue.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by chreldb(m): 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

The governor cannot feed state guests from his pocket. That is a ridiculous and ignorant thing to say. Every kobo spent in government is always budgeted. Whether FG or state or LGA. It is unconstitutional to spend un-budgeted funds. It is an impeachable offence even if it is 1 kobo. Some of you should just avoid posting and learn.

You my friend are the ignorant one due to your inability to detect sarcasm when you see it. As I result of that let me tell you what I literally meant. The Op asked a question and was given an answer pointing to the opinion that there is no provision in the Lagos state budget for feeding. At that point it is either the person making an inquiry takes that answer or discredit it through superior argument by doing some personal research instead of dragging the matter and in the process making no element of sense, thus my sarcastic assertion. So next time don't be in a haste to reply someone until you understand where the person is coming from and going to. I hope you know you are not the most knowledgeable person on NL or in the world. (That's a rhetorical question).
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2013
This thread will go the best in the anal of NairaLand. See how ACN goons are acting jittery.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Gbawe: 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
eGuerrilla: @All,

I located some documents which provide a more granular breakdown on the spending priorities of the Lagos state government here, but no specific figures for food or even entertainment (note: you will need enough bandwidth to download a 24MB zip file).

His motives notwithstanding, in my opinion, @OP has asked the kind of question all Nigerians in tune with their civic responsibilities ought to be asking.

Civic responsibility is entirely the opposite of indolently asking questions you should be active gaining answers for yourself. It is genuine civic responsibility that would make all of us transcend the laziness, intellectual or otherwise, that leads to the redundant need to ask others for what we can obtain ourselves, if we are truly responsible citizens concerned with good governance. We live in an age where information is readily accessible and ignorance is no excuse. The FOI, as far as I know , is now passed and functional. As far as I am aware, no one on this thread has stated they have emailed the many offices they can gain information for and failed to get an appropriate response.

We need to raise the bar showing that this forum will not suffer fools and mischief-makers gladly. OP should desist from coming here combatively seeking answers he can get himself in relation to a leader many know he has an undoubted history of open mischief against. His motivation will always be distrusted. Same way you went looking for information is how OP too can find what he wants if it exists. No one is his information minister here and the notion other forumers should provide him with information we should all seek independently is repulsive. Furthermore, if the information he wants does not exist then OP and his ilk should accept that there may be no need for such information to exist rather than continue their idiotic insinuation that a probe is required or that something untoward is going on. Therein lies proof of mischief-making from OP and his 'supporting cast' here.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thaoriginator: 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2013
royalguru: Nigeria will never get better, instead of finding out how much our governors spends on feeding we are here abusing each other and tomorrow we will want a better Nigeria, You are all just dreamers of a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Symphony007: 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2013
It is so pathetic watching all this stupid, disgusting, senseless, ghastly reactions whenever any critisim is leveled against fashola. What nonesense. Is he about it? That is why he is so full of himself and stupid enough to laugh at some of his opponents during the previous gubernatorial debates. One day these bunch living in a fools paradise will wake up and see lagos for what it was, what it is and what it will forever be!! Trash!! Eko oni baje my foot!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
Fashola is their god. He is a saint that shouldnt be touched.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by thelastPope(m): 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2013
Gbawe:

Civic responsibility is entirely the opposite of indolently asking questions you should be active gaining answers for yourself. It is genuine civic responsibility that would make all of us transcend the laziness, intellectual or otherwise, that leads to the redundant need to ask others for what we can obtain ourselves, if we are truly responsible citizens concerned with good governance. We live in an age where information is readily accessible and ignorance is no excuse. The FOI, as far as I know , is now passed and functional. As far as I am aware, no one on this thread has stated they have emailed the many offices they can gain information for and failed to get an appropriate response.

We need to raise the bar showing that this forum will not suffer fools and mischief-makers gladly. OP should desist from coming here combatively seeking answers he can get himself in relation to a leader many know he has an undoubted history of open mischief against. His motivation will always be distrusted. Same way you went looking for information is how OP too can find what he wants if it exists. No one is his information minister here and the notion other forumers should provide him with information we should all seek independently is repulsive. Furthermore, if the information he wants does not exist then OP and his ilk should accept that there may be no need for such information to exist rather than continue their idiotic insinuation that a probe is required or that something untoward is going on. Therein lies proof of mischief-making from OP and his 'supporting cast' here.

You just shot yourself in the foot and practically rubbished 90% of your NL posts with that statement! so what was the need for fuel subsidy inquiry? What was the need for FOI? What is the need for all the thousands of topics being opened on NL weekly? What is the need for the constant bombardment of the FG and NASS to provide all sorts of information and the scolding they get from the public when they cannot provide same? What a bundle of contradiction you are! What a shameful statement to make! We should all stop posting and seun should shut NL down since most of the information we all come here to seek does not exist! You my friend aint intelligent one tiny bit!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Symphony007: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2013
It is so pathetic watching all this stupid, disgusting, senseless, ghastly reactions whenever any critisim is leveled against fashola. What nonesense. Is he above it? That is why he is so full of himself and stupid enough to laugh at some of his opponents during the previous gubernatorial debates. One day these bunch living in a fools paradise will wake up and see lagos for what it was, what it is and what it will forever be!! Trash!! Eko oni baje my foot!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Gbawe: 1:16pm On Jan 16, 2013
chreld_b:

You my friend are the ignorant one due to your inability to detect sarcasm when you see it. As I result of that let me tell you what I literally meant. The Op asked a question and was given an answer pointing to the opinion that there is no provision in the Lagos state budget for feeding. At that point it is either the person making an inquiry takes that answer or discredit it through superior argument by doing some personal research instead of dragging the matter and in the process making no element of sense, thus my sarcastic assertion. So next time don't be in a haste to reply someone until you understand where the person is coming from and going to. I hope you know you are not the most knowledgeable person on NL or in the world. (That's a rhetorical question).

Correct. Don't be surprised OP and his acolytes have no capacity for that. Unthinkingly obdurate mischief is all those characters have in their armoury. Normal reasoning that can assist information collation, as you have eloquently illustrated above, should follow an order. It is clear when people do not seek information and are only acting out a predetermined script because they meander senselessly from one position to the next and ignore factual provisions to begin operating with insinuations.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2013
Gbawe:

When you start meaningless threads against GEJ, no one complains. But when they start thread spot lightng Fashola, your blood heats up. Nonsense. all these big english that you write takes you no where, it is not a sign of intellect, you are simply trying to be intelligent. Arse wipe.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by 2Legit2Qui: 1:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
Symphony007: It is so pathetic watching all this stupid, disgusting, senseless, ghastly reactions whenever any critisim is leveled against fashola. What nonesense. Is he above it? That is why he is so full of himself and stupid enough to laugh at some of his opponents during the previous gubernatorial debates. One day these bunch living in a fools paradise will wake up and see lagos for what it was, what it is and what it will forever be!! Trash!! Eko oni baje my foot!

dont mind them. The man is busy syphoning their funds whilst they are busy running their mouth on the internet.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by deletrue: 1:24pm On Jan 16, 2013
naptu2: It's been proven that there's no food budget. You can't prove that there's a food budget (apart from assumptions). The engineer stated that refreshments at the launch of the blue rail line were provided by CCECC (the governor didn't even drink the fanta that CCECC provided, which is why the crowd were rushing for it after the ceremony).

I put it to you that this food budget is a figment of your imagination. Can you prove otherwise?

Not even a shred of proof, yet you call others ignorant.

Food budget does not magically exist just because you want it to, you know?

Below: the governor receiving the Chief of Air Staff. Do you see any food around? (Things don't just happen because you wish it, or because you say it must be so. Provide proof of a food budget).

[img]http://www.blackface.mobi/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/IMG_2091-300x167.jpg[/img]
I would have loved to know your age. That will enable me know or determine your level of reasonability. For you to ask if there is food while two dignitaries are holding meeting is the hight of insencetivity or uselesness. If i may ask, is anything wrong with you? am just a little confused why a normal persons should ask this question!
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Reyspin(m): 1:28pm On Jan 16, 2013
naptu2: I guess one of the reasons why I'm intrigued is that every time I see the Lagos State Governor receiving a guest it's always at this place. Do you see any food around?

Name any governor that puts food on the table during an important meeting.
Re: What Was Budgeted By Lagos For Feeding In 2013? by Gbawe: 1:40pm On Jan 16, 2013
thelastPope:

You just shot yourself in the foot and practically rubbished 90% of your NL posts with that statement! so what was the need for fuel subsidy inquiry? What was the need for FOI? What is the need for all the thousands of topics being opened on NL weekly? What is the need for the constant bombardment of the FG and NASS to provide all sorts of information and the scolding they get from the public when they cannot provide same? What a bundle of contradiction you are! What a shameful statement to make! We should all stop posting and seun should shut NL down since most of the information we all come here to seek does not exist! You my friend aint intelligent one tiny bit!

Olodo. That statement, even if you are too 'thick' to get it, is a relational statement. I.e it relates precisely to how it is the discretion of Lagos to budget for certain planned spending as they see fit. If there is no budget for food, what legal ground do you and others stand on trying to make Lagos include this category in planned yearly spending simply because the FG and Presidency does so?

When you don't get that simple concept that Lagos controls its own budget why will you not support your vapid argument with incongruous examples? You and others should go and petition appropriate authority to compel Fashola to create figures the State is totally at discretion in budgeting for any way it wishes. Good luck with your mission.

As I always say, you guys have mischief but lack grey matter. You are all not smart enough to know how budget work in reality to understand that declared planned spending can be the biggest facilitator of legitimate looting. Easier to declare billions for security and food only to then divert those funds into private pocket. It is like writing yourself a Government check in an amount of your choice.

Now, you nitwits should tell us the advantage of not budgeting for food if indeed a significant amount is spent on feeding the Governor's office. Can you and your fellow olodos still not see the obvious? I.e if the spending on food for the Governor's office is significant, then the budget may be significantly robbing other areas of spending to fund Fashola's food? Why do such an inane thing when it would be the easiest thing for Fashola to budget independently for food and even exaggerate it 50 times? Would you know he is not eating 300 bags of rice yearly if Fashola declared his office is consuming that? Well, only inane folks like you, used to roundabout thinking,would have the answer to that. Sorry pseudo-auditor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Military Mentality Affecting Buhari- Balarabe Musa / Osinbajo Presides Over FEC Meeting, Offers One Minute Silence For Mama Taraba / Appeal Court Sets Aside Judgment Sacking Anambra PDP’s Excos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.