Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,608 members, 7,944,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

Human-like Behaviors In Animals - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Human-like Behaviors In Animals (30840 Views)

Human-like Species Discovered In South Africa (Photos) / Animals! Super Animals! / 5 Animals That Actually Never DIE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by raynold17(m): 4:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
A rhesus monkey has been
observed inventing a new way to
open coconuts.

Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2013

Looks like fun: The brown bear cubs watch their parents butting heads as they play in Alaska

Clash of the titans: One of the bears gets behind the other as their huge parents square up to each other

The fur flies: The youngsters tussle in the grass (left) while one holds the other at paw's length (right) as he pushes them apart

Come ear! The pair tussle for supremacy as as the wrestling bout becomes more serious....

Beary tired: But they soon become affectionate after exhausting themselves in game of rough and tumble

Online comments:

No wonder half the kids in this country are so ignorant when newspapers print such drivel. The male was probably about to kill the cubs in order to bring their mother back into oestrus so he can mate her. The punch-up will be her attempt to save her babies. As for 2 year old cubs...lol..they are big enough to eat the idiot who wrote this! These cubs are only about two MONTHS old..Duh!

The two cubs have the same mother...the smaller and more pale female in the pictures. The larger, darker bear is male who is looking to mate with her, and by killing her cubs he would kick her back into her breeding cycle. Mum will protect her cubs by any means necesssary. Also, those cubs are no older than last spring. The images are great (if a little irresponsible unless a long telephoto lens was used), but really, you need to get the story accurate and not misrepresent these wonderful animals.

Newspaper Reporters should never write about a subject that they have absolutely no knowledge of. This is particularly imperative when reporting on natural history subjects. No Bears form family groups ever. As others have written the male bear would eat his own cubs if the opportunity arose. There is no filial loyalty at all between the male bears and females that he may have mated with or their cubs.
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:10pm On Jan 18, 2013
Exercising:Stretching

Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
Pregnant lioness lol

1 Like

Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by magdalenegem: 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
Wonders of God,hope u didnt get any from judge of the jungle,baby's day out and likes?
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
[size=18pt]Lioness Befriends Baby Antelope After Killing Its Mother[/size]

When a park ranger appeared on a motorbike the lioness picked up the impala like she would her own and carried it away.
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by kandiikane(m): 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
^lool, yeah right. She's just playing with her food until she becomes hungry again.
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by vanstanzy(m): 4:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
*Don't forget this,*

1 Like

Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2013
The embarrassing moment when your mum or dad says goodbye with a kiss or an attempt to groom you in public.

[img]http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/120724/giraffe_180rr6s-180rr8b.jpg?x=400&q=80&n=1&sig=Jg0sOW3y3JWYLNpuRgG.rg--[/img]
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:45pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:49pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by YorubaOmoge: 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by armyofone(m): 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2013
My favorite: Mother duck giving instructions to the little ones grin
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by Burger01(m): 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2013
Those rats playing love wan tintin na wa o... Rats dey show love? That's the. best picture... Ileke, you tried. Nice one...
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by REMMEI(m): 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

This one?

Trust me, it is real. I took the pixs myself.

Sorry, I cannot tell you the location or the name of the hen in custody

and you need me to believe that huh?..smiley
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by imperiouxx(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: [img]http://icanhascheezburger.files./2010/03/ala2-e1269987444232.jpg?w=400&h=599[/img]

This reminds me of those two small naughty creatures in Ice Age.....their names please? grin
Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by REMMEI(m): 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

This one?

Trust me, it is real. I took the pixs myself.

Sorry, I cannot tell you the location or the name of the hen in custody

Re: Human-like Behaviors In Animals by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 18, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9-Year-Old Emmanuelle Oziofu Develops A Food Website (Photo) / Abdullahi-Lawal Builds Models Of Aircraft In ZARIA (Photos) / The True Legend Of "Submarine" - The GIGANTIC Man-eating Great White Shark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.