Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,627 members, 7,918,031 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:48 PM

Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? (14899 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Can A Family Man With 300k Salary And 3 Children Can He Live Comfortably? / Right Handedness VS Left Handedness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? by vilively: 11:29am On Apr 04, 2013
bece: My daughter is left handed,she writes,eat, shake infact she does everything with her left hand. She is one of the smartest 6year old on this planet and very very pretty too. When she was in pry 1 her teaccher tried forcing her write with her right hand she was the one that asked her teacher †✽ change her own hand too †✽ left. There is nothing bad in using ur left hand I think lefties are smarter sef. I am proud of my two kids lefty or no lefty

Proud of her..I went thru the same thing from my pry 2-4 the worst years of my life...I was slow and dull
But when I was in pry4 my teacher caught me using my left and told me to continue if it made happy..the best decision I've ever made. I forever love my class 4 teacher for that
Re: Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? by vilively: 11:31am On Apr 04, 2013
drkay: Well, am a lefty and I love it!

I'm obssessed with me too..I'm a very proud lefty...
Re: Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? by omonnakoda: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
mobosteve:

Don't go and ruin your child's brain my dear.Most left handed people are successful.you rarely see a left handed poor person.Its like a blessing in disguise and it seldom comes.Well this mentality was induced by our so called fore father.Because in the developed country this is not a topic to be DISCUSSED.By the way these are some successful lefthanded human beings.

President Clinton
Obama
Eminem
Messi and Maradona two of the best ever in footballers in the history of the game

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)

Messi is not left handed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9jRjwBiW9s
but I agree left handed kids should be left alone
Re: Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? by Ilekokonit: 6:06am On Apr 05, 2013
Kassidy90
My nephew is left handed and my mum tried to correct him since then he has not been doing well in school and he is been very sluggish in everything

Please tell your mum to allow him use any hand his brain dictates as the attempt to correct his left handedness is confusing his natural brain preference hence the perception that he has now become slow. But hopefully if he is allowed to use a hand that nature chooses, he will regain his natural rythm.
Re: Left-handedness In Children; Can It Be Corrected? by Ejike3: 6:42am On Apr 08, 2013
some theories here are wrong. I wear my left shoes first and that does not mean that am left handed.
Most things are made for right handed and could not be switched, something like the musical instrument guitar and guns. You can't switch them for left hand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? / What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou / How I Destroyed My Family!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.