Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,396 members, 7,917,252 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 08:53 PM

How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? (7321 Views)

What Made You Join Nairaland? / You Guys Made Me Join Nairaland! / How And Why Did You Join Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Tunbolity(m): 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
One of my room mates was fond of talking about Nairaland in school and during one of these ASUU strike actions,I just woke up in the dead of the night idle and lonely and I thought of what I could do with my phone.It was there I remembered Nairaland and I logged in and read funny comments till I fell asleep.In those days,the likes of Dayo Kanu and other popular Nairalanders called the shot here.Since then,I visit the site occasionally to read comments though mostly fraught with abuse of ethnicity and political bigwigs.....Anyway,Nairaland is cool and fun
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by obicentlis: 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
Naija stuff by google!
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by 5alive(m): 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
i googled d most insulted man on earth''' and i was directed to nairaland

come n see bashing....chai....GEj don suffer o

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Adex097: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
I fink google and nairaland are very good friends cos each time I ask google a question, it will always redirect me to NAIRALAND. Btw I first came in contact with nairaland when I searched for "oau admission" on google and I decided to sign up since I loved what I saw.
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by yuzedo: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
seedord247: I was looking for naija p0rn site.. cool
Idowuogbo: na holy ghost navigate moi o!
vision2050: Seun beg me to join
maxwello.yg:
I saw the advert on TV.
Eediots! grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Bolt2011(m): 1:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
I think I heard the name somewhere, thought it was something like facebook, 2go or some other social network. I googled it, registered and here am I cool
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
Na my younger sister o! that was 2007.i was just a guest then finally a memeber. grin ;DSadly she refused to join nairaland till date. undecided undecided
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Paentera(m): 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
One cold wintry day in October 2007 I hardly recall how and exactly how I stumbled on the site, but once I read through a few topics, I got hooked and there was no going back.

What intrigued me the most was how people would abuse themselves with no end in sight...I was first depressed about how Nigerians conduct themselves in such online forums but grew a thick skin to it. Me sef be veteran.
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by jarkata(m): 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
I search a job frm nairalist own by d same person,tru dat i was directed to nairalant,spent some time as a guest before open an acct last year.by d way what is d reason for dis sobar questn?
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by JOYCEOUS(f): 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Got 2 knw abt NL tru ma younga sis, each tym sh weks it's NL b4 sh goz 2 bed NL. Ws curious 2 knw y sh wz so adictd 2 it untl i saw eductiv, intrstin comnts dt med me laf & sins dn i fel in love wif nairaland & nairalanders. U guys r 2 mch! MUAHHHH!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2013
OkijaJuju hit me on his trip to Owerri :-/
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by kcreal(f): 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2013
Can't remember how I got to know it, that was in 2007 I viewed as a guest for 2yrs until I finally registered in 2009.
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by JOYCEOUS(f): 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
I ws a guest 4 abt 2 yrs b4 i finaly registerd dis year.
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
musKeeto: OkijaJuju hit me on his trip to Owerri :-/
*laughs in Sotho* mehn !
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Maricalo: 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
For me I just browsing ard in the net. smiley

Hi all cool
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by JOYCEOUS(f): 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
kcreal: Can't remember how I got to know it, that was in 2007 I viewed as a guest for 2yrs until I finally registered in 2009.
wow! Luks lyk we tink alike. R we twins?
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by phyl123: 1:51pm On Jan 18, 2013
I googled the cost of building a house in Nigeria and was forwarded to Nairaland. in the process I discovered some nice, matured and sensible forums. Watched for a while before registering and i've used the services of a couple of Nairalanders.
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
i was directed to the site by google
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Gee001: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
I cnt evn remember anymore cos its bin abt 4yrs n i registered bt i left it 4 a while n later 4got d password. Had 2 register again last year after being a guest 4 those years
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
During my SSCE exam, CHEAT on education section. though i was a serious student ooo bt can't avoid to fail. when d result came out, distinctions on point. thanks to those dude's 4 d tips.
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
maggilove: I saw d post on nairaland that the membership is about to hit one million, this is impressive. I want members to tell us how they heard about nairaland.
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Zanxx(f): 1:56pm On Jan 18, 2013
i was searching for information on some nollywood actors on google and bam! it led me here. been hooked since then. the comments were so hilarious it made me burst out with laughter. my mum and siblings became concerned and started banging on my door asking if there was something wrong with me.lol.
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
I wanted to buy beans and bread, I asked Google and they directed me to nairaland
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 1:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
As for me, whenever I searched for an info on google search, one of the most reliable result I get is from nairaland. So, I decided to sign up! That was 2009!
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by lexander(m): 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
kiss i heard about nairaland on radio about 3 years ago it was just starting up then ╔♫═╗╔╗ ★ ♥ ♪ ♫
╚╗╔╝║║♫═╦╦╦╔╗ ツ❤ ♪
╔╝╚╗♫╚╣║║║║╔╣!! ♥ ♥
╚═♫╝╚═╩═╩♫╩═╝
NAIRA LAND
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by ChuckD1(m): 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
A colleague of mine used to laugh uncontrollably whenever he was on NL.
He invited me to see a comment once and I joined him here.
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahah...
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by kenlash1(m): 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ws actually searching for somfin on google, can't remember wt but it brot me here nd since den it has bn fun all d way, my subordinates at work just wonder at times wen I laff so hard cos of ppls comments. Cos of nairaland I dnt Facebook cos it keeps me occupied everyday, seun this ur yoruba juju work oooooo, e catch us well . Congrats on hitting a milli
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by abes(m): 2:02pm On Jan 18, 2013
I'm not so sure, but I suspect it was FBT(free browsing trick) back in 2005 when internet trolls were few..
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
I went to the cybercafé to do something, I can't remember what, and while I was doing whatever it was, the two boys browsing beside me were laughing noisily from time to time. I just glanced briefly at their computer to see what was so funny but I didn't really take note of the name of the website or what they were reading.
After those two boys left the cybercafé I logged out of the computer I was using and went over to the one the two boys left because the screen was clearer and better on that one than on the one I was browsing on initially.
Anyway I found out that the site they were browsing was Nairaland because they didn't close the page before they left so I decided to go through the opened page and see what made them laugh so much.
It turned out to be a football thread on sports section and it was actually a very funny thread with supporters of different footclubs making fun of each other.
Long story short, I registered that same evening and made a comment in religion section in response to one of Gamine's posts (I wonder where gamine is now, she was very popular in those days). I rarely commented during my first few years on NL, mostly because studies were taking my time but I logged in once in a while to see if there was anything fun or interesting on the site.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by lexander(m): 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
this site to totally awesome
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by westreign(m): 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
i hardly read my post as others do why?
i have been writting but no posting.
Re: How Did You Know About Or Join Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
during my youth service, a fellow corper was telling me how to make a certain type of food and said she heard about it on nairaland.
So i decided to check for other menus and since then i have been a regular observer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

. / Which One Is Better? To Be Right? Or To Be Correct.? / What Do These Many Abbreviations Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.