Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,038 members, 7,922,532 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 09:16 AM

Our Fount - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Our Fount (591 Views)

Our Fount / Our Fount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Fount by prairie(f): 12:36pm On Jan 18, 2013
I have been saddened by the way christians on nairaland have been deviating from the precepts of christianity. Why is it that whenever there is a thread on anything terrorist-related, christians on nairaland take the form of monsters and hurl unending insults on their fellow muslim brothers and the thread will be in mayhem till God knows when. Jesus thought us that the greatest commandment is LOVE, he said we should love our enemies, if you are slapped on your right cheek he said you should give them your left cheek, do you think he was sayin it without a reason? It is for times like this that he gave us this commandment, to repay evil with Good, it is only this way that we can preach the message of christ and people will listen, let us go back to our fount pleaaassse i beg of you people of God, a river that forgets its fountain will eventually dry up. Never forget your fountain which is christ, do not just speak about him, live out his exemplary life, he PRAYED for his enemies and never cursed them, are'nt we lucky to have him as our savior? Instead of cursing them why not make the gospel of christ known to them, pls fellow christians let us pray for our fellow muslims and pray that they may see the light of christ, cursing them will only make them more averse to christianity and christians, let us be the light that the world is in dire need of. Let your light shine people of God!! Pls let us leave this thread with our heart and mind focused on propagating the gospel in d humblest and most felt ways, let us return to our savior. Let us pray the prayer of saint francis whenever we are tempted to stray. Mods i delibrately put this thread on this section because i know it has the most customers, thank you in advance. May the grace and peace of God be with you all, let us go forth and serve the lord
Re: Our Fount by prairie(f): 8:20am On Jan 19, 2013
Prayer of saint francis Lord let me be an instrument of your peace, where there is hatred, let me sow love where there is injury, pardon where there is doubt, faith where there is darkness, light where there is sadness, joy O! Divine master, Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console to be understood, as to understand to be loved, as to love for it is in giving that we receive it is pardoning that we are pardoned and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Valentine's Day Special / Why Don't Women Die For LOVE? / Through A Rapist's Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.