Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,031 members, 7,970,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 10:32 PM

Funny Picture Of Lance Armstrong Nose (Pinocchio style) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Funny Picture Of Lance Armstrong Nose (Pinocchio style) (1185 Views)

Full Transcript Of Lance Armstrong's Interview With Oprah / Lance Armstrong Admits To Using Performance Enhancing Drugs / Lance Armstrong Stripped Of His 7 Tour De France Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Funny Picture Of Lance Armstrong Nose (Pinocchio style) by redcliff: 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
[img]http://miabaga.com/wp-content/themes/mi/lib/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/.a/6a00d8341c60fd53ef017ee41ba240970d-800wi&h=0&w=680&zc=1&a=c[/img]

He who is without sin, cast the first stone — Jesus of Nazareth

Judge not… For the measure in which you judge, so also, shall you be judged — Jesus of Nazareth
What Lance Armstrong did was vile and dishonorable. Yes, it’s true. He bleeped up messed up royally. There is no doubt about that. He cheated to win, and then went ahead to lie about it for ten years. And then only when he was backed up against the wall, did he now, as a last resort own up to the cheating. This whole case, is just clear evidence, that lies no matter how perennial can never live as long as Diamonds.

However, what you will see below, is what I have a problem with:

[img]http://bikeco.ca/wp-content/uploads/lance-armstrong-lie-strong.jpg[/img]

I have no problems at all with how Piers Morgan is an asshole, and this and that. To each their own. I find his rugged insistence, on what ever cause he sinks his teeth into, amusing. It’s amusing in the way you’d find a chihuahua growling in the corner amusing. That said, call it his exaggerated sense of self importance. Call it self aggrandisement. Call it what you will, but this is just out of line.

The easiest thing to do, in all the world, is to cast aspersions on the man who got caught with his hands in the cookie jar. It’s even easier to get angry and indignant and condemn such wrongdoing. Yes, it’s true, these things should not be treated with a lax hand. Cheating should not be the way of the world. But then, my fellow human beings, what right have we, to persecute another man with impunity when we ourselves have miniatures of him within us?

What we should instead do is this: Lead him to the stake to be burnt (yes, he messed up. Action-reaction.) But as we make that procession to the execution grounds outside the city, we should do so with a heavy heart. He was in the position to mess up and he did. Would we have done any different? Don’t blurt out your answer so easy like a barbarian heathen. Think on it critically, would you have done any different? Please bear in mind that, if you have ever told a lie, no matter how small; if you have ever cheated on any test – giving and receiving answers/dubs, then you my friend are no better than Mr. Armstrong.

On a final note, my message to Piers Morgan and every one riding gallantly across the prairie on their white horses, with their white hats firmly placed on their heads, is this random tweet I stumbled on, this morning:

Read complete story

(1) (Reply)

Robin Van Persie Frustrated At Manchester United / Talents That Can Boost The Super Eagles Squad / Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.