Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,349 members, 7,967,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 12:08 PM

Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members (7452 Views)

Thank You For Making Nairaland Forum Great (My Message To 1 Million Members) / Nairaland Hits 1 Million Members Hurray! / Congratulations! Nairaland Now Over Half A Million Members. . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Kewt: 3:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
Am glad to be a part Nairaland.

It has helped me change my perception of real life issues and also made me know through constant interaction (been a member since 2007 i think) that there are intelligent people who base their reasoning and analysis on logic and facts, while there are also stewpid people who write/speak just to be noticed.

God bless Nairaland and every sensible poster!

Kewt via Nokia 3310 smartphones
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by executinal(m): 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
Where is the party taking place? because this is weekend and guys need to shake body
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by brownlord: 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2013
Okay, we hear, that one go say mak dem no ban me again?
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by boron10(m): 4:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
Where is seun nitori olorun? This dude should come and tell us the 1000000th member na. Which kind human being this owner be sef

Btw, it is high time nairaland became incorporated. MODs should start receiving payments however minute so they will work like professionals rather than mere volunteers.
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by flow1759: 4:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
Seun u dey try abeg. Nairaland is d best

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by rule(m): 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congrat to the nairaland crew, like play like play you guys are going places.
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by specialguest(f): 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2013
A very short story by mukina2. One would have expected a more explicit tale giving an insight into Nairaland's journey from conception to actualization. Dedicated and interactive members from 2005 till date should also be recognised afterall not all love affairs last for this long( 8years).

Thirdly and totally off point i would like to know how many girlfriends 190 has had from 2005 when nairaland started till date...
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by alexleo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
And how about long service award ( or will you call it long patronage award) for those of us who joined in 2005 & 2006 and still counting?
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by husu(m): 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
2007, when the site was locked because of spammers, some guys moved out of nairaland because of a topic called stock market tips for nigerians. They ran to newnigerians(now dead). Seun quickly opened nairaland and begged them to come back,they refused. Remember stock market tips for nigerians has the largest page on nairaland till date. Up to 800 pages. I miss those guys, wanajo,father of two, windywendy,easimoni,samstone,pumpin77, loma etc.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
am seriously waiting for Seun to make his own Speech sad
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by BANGASOUP1: 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
This post has been hidden
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by loma(m): 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2013
husu: 2007, when the site was locked because of spammers, some guys moved out of nairaland because of a topic called stock market tips for nigerians. They ran to newnigerians(now dead). Seun quickly opened nairaland and begged them to come back,they refused. Remember stock market tips for nigerians has the largest page on nairaland till date. Up to 800 pages. I miss those guys, wanajo,father of two, windywendy,easimoni,samstone,pumpin77, loma etc.

hello there. Those were the days!
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mukina.You forgot to mention the 'legend' of TheSeeker and Platinumnk.What year was that again?That was a whole lot of fun,then.

PS:I wish I had a snapshot of the frontpage in 2008 when I joined NL and now,there's a whole lot of difference!
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by searay(m): 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
Nairaland is a cure for boredom.
I have to congratulate myself first for my contributions, there's no way NL would have had 1 million users without me. Don't ask me how many Handles I have.
Nairaland is owned by Oluwaseun Osewa (2005-2013).
Thank you Seun
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by hottprince: 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2013
I bet that the real accounts on NL is not upto 100k cos lots of ppl like creatin multiple accnt
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by husu(m): 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
loma:

hello there. Those were the days!

@loma, Gud to hear from you,what's good? what of others??
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by elampiro(m): 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
2012 was remarkable for private jets trends. Please note.
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by molisk(f): 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congratulations!! You rock :-)
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by j4jj: 5:29pm On Jan 18, 2013
Congrats Seun! But u suppose celebrate am for us! Let's organise a party na cos e no easy
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by yuzedo: 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
We want valid statistics and empirical data collation records of how many punnies have been shared since NL started! angry
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by luluosas(m): 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
As at the time of posting, members stood at 1,000,326
Kudos Seun but, we must also realised that, some members here have over 5 ids. This is not good for this forum at all.
₦airaland Forum
Welcome, luluosas(m): Edit Profile / Followed Topics(4612) / Liked(38) / Following(18) / Trending / Recent / New / Logout
You have 7 new Nairaland PMs. Please check your e-mail account now. (Dismiss)
Stats: 1000326 members, 1102339 topics. Date: Friday, 18 January 2013 at 05:44 PM
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by zibe(m): 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2013
I miss the days of Bawomolo (bless his soul), hot-angel (who, until her tragic accident, was very active) iice...even though I wasn't active back in the days. Just an observer.
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by adisarasaq(m): 6:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
congratulobia nairaland, u make us proud.
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 18, 2013
Writing the journey so far without a reference to the gar.r.1 team is unfair, 2012 was there year, they fought for a republic but threaten by various ban.
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Seyilome(m): 6:37pm On Jan 18, 2013
so far so good we are still living today,God thank u.Nairaland is my only major site to read amd catch fun,sometimes i laugh aloud when i read funny comments,infact we are like a family
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by CuntDestroyer1: 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
courtesy of multiple bans and users.

rubish!
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
Seun should have told us the success story of nairaland more than you mukina.

I am suspecting you are co-ordinating every other things in Mr. Seun life.
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Jarus(m): 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
mukina2: Hello Nairalanders

as we get over a million members, we want to thank everyone that has been a member, a guest, and everyone who contributed to the growth of the forum.

When Nairaland started in march 2005, it was a brain child of Seun, and was from mobilenigeria.com his first ever project. He was the sole moderator/admin, slowly the forum started growing, there were few members but the forum was active.

In 2006, was when the forum grew even bigger, most people, more fights grin, more trolls,and you had the cliques, sports/romance derailers union but seun tried all he could to keep it balanced and under control, then he was the great obantalapipipi. grin,( obey the rules otherwise . .) most sections came to life, then Business, Job/vacancies, sports, romance and forum games where the 'happening' boards. Then a popular lady Papermoon faked her death, used another id to tell nairalanders 'she' died, people started mourning, changed signatures/locations etc,the thread grew only for her to come and post that she was just joking, people got angry, insults,missiles,bombs flew left right and centre, the drama got so bad that Seun had to introduce a new rule, 'It is a grievous offence to announce the death of a Nairaland member on the forum without the admin's explicit approval' Papermoon's saga was the reason behind this rule. Another popular lady posted a picture she lifted off google as a picture of her kitchen, some 'detectives' on nairaland found out it was fake and they had a field day.
class of 2006 rocked! cool

In December 2007, spammers/scammers became so much that seun had to lock the forum, forum members helped to fish out the scammers/spammers, the ones they got, were banned and the forum was back on course.

In 2008 we had the first set of 5 mods, Mukina2, Iice, FOD, Sam Milla and USPRY1. the forum got new active members, some oldies still stayed and some sections grew more.

In 2009, more moderators, new sub boards, new members and the politics section became very active, it was purely debates and legit arguments.A Popular Nairalander Jarus started forum awards.

2010 the forum became 5 years old, more moderators, more activity, more trolls sad, more guests (we appreciate them) more users.We also lost a member Bawomolo. cry

2011 and 2012 our traffic improved quite well, we crossed some milestones on google, we reclaimed our top spot in Nigeria/Africa . we also lost Perx cry

This year the forum will be 8 years old and we crossed over a million members
Happy to be part of Nairaland milestones.

Class of 2007
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Idowuogbo(f): 7:34pm On Jan 18, 2013
thanks to 190 and co, seun don reach dia o!

popping shampoo for oknv, fstranger, 190, mr cork, cougar et al

una well done! grin grin grin grin grin

RIP PERX AND BAWO sad
Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Guapo(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2013
1 grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nairaland's Journey To 1 Million Members by Idowuogbo(f): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
^seun u c dem? *singing p-sqaure* na dem make it posssible.... grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Buying Itunes Card At The Rate Of 360/dollar / Pawpaw Cream Review How To Use PawPaw Lotion to Whiten Ur Skin Without Knuckles / Please I Need Direction From Ikorodu To Iyanapaja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.