Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:01 AM

The Award For Most Clueless Pc User Ever - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Award For Most Clueless Pc User Ever (693 Views)

5 Great Softwares Every PC User Should Have / How To Track An Ip Address Of A Facebook User / Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Award For Most Clueless Pc User Ever by nazzyon(m): 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2008
Note: The Original poster is NUDONE. On another forum.

THE AWARD FOR MOST CLUELESS PC USER EVER

I set a new machine up for a retired couple this week as they were tired of their old windows 95 based machine. i knew they weren't really keen on computers nor the internet but they've sent emails and done the basics for several years.

so, i was dismayed when i got a phone call from them one day after setting the new computer up for them,

them: "hello, there seems to be a problem. i can't get the computer to turn on."

me: "so the power button doesn't work?"

them: "the power button?"

me: "the silver button on the front of the tower case."

them: "oh, i have to press the button on the THE TOWER? that's strange."

me: "well, it's the same process to what you did with the previous computer."

them: "oh!"

second phone call,

them: "i'm having trouble with the mouse now. i can't click on anything."

me: "so when you click on an icon or button nothing happens?"

them: "i can't click on anything because there aren't any buttons on the mouse."

me: "er. the buttons are in the usual position at the front either side of the wheel."

them: "oh, let me try again. yes, you are right. i couldn't see the buttons so i didn't think there were any."

me: "no problem, just let me know if you need any further help. good bye"

beat that. they've been using a computer for several years and were completely lost the minute they tried to use a new machine. i expect they'll not be able to do anything at all with it - i've shown them how to connect to the internet and use gmail - something they'll never be able to do ever again i expect.
Re: The Award For Most Clueless Pc User Ever by akara(m): 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2008
Imagine then when they get this errors.

Re: The Award For Most Clueless Pc User Ever by mmonwuba(m): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2008
reply *smoke* smoking head *cursing*,

then a call:

them: HELLO, PLEASE CAN YOU GIVE US BACK OUR PRICELESS AND VALUABLE WIN 95 COMPUTER
you: I DONT UNDERSTAND
them: E BI LIKE SAY YOU DON DEY CRASE, MONI, MAKE YOU CARRY MY COMPUTA COME MY HOUSE, WETIN BE THIS EKPE WEY YOU GIVE ME?

line dropped

(1) (Reply)

Member Id Spycode: Is Nothing But Scam / Dell Inspiron 1525 / Problems Installing Starcomms On Vista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.