Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,184 members, 7,977,466 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 08:47 AM

The Award For Most Clueless Pc User Ever - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / The Award For Most Clueless Pc User Ever (704 Views)

5 Great Softwares Every PC User Should Have / How To Track An Ip Address Of A Facebook User / Direct On Pc Internet Service(user Rating) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Award For Most Clueless Pc User Ever by nazzyon(m): 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2008
Note: The Original poster is NUDONE. On another forum.

THE AWARD FOR MOST CLUELESS PC USER EVER

I set a new machine up for a retired couple this week as they were tired of their old windows 95 based machine. i knew they weren't really keen on computers nor the internet but they've sent emails and done the basics for several years.

so, i was dismayed when i got a phone call from them one day after setting the new computer up for them,

them: "hello, there seems to be a problem. i can't get the computer to turn on."

me: "so the power button doesn't work?"

them: "the power button?"

me: "the silver button on the front of the tower case."

them: "oh, i have to press the button on the THE TOWER? that's strange."

me: "well, it's the same process to what you did with the previous computer."

them: "oh!"

second phone call,

them: "i'm having trouble with the mouse now. i can't click on anything."

me: "so when you click on an icon or button nothing happens?"

them: "i can't click on anything because there aren't any buttons on the mouse."

me: "er. the buttons are in the usual position at the front either side of the wheel."

them: "oh, let me try again. yes, you are right. i couldn't see the buttons so i didn't think there were any."

me: "no problem, just let me know if you need any further help. good bye"

beat that. they've been using a computer for several years and were completely lost the minute they tried to use a new machine. i expect they'll not be able to do anything at all with it - i've shown them how to connect to the internet and use gmail - something they'll never be able to do ever again i expect.
Re: The Award For Most Clueless Pc User Ever by akara(m): 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2008
Imagine then when they get this errors.

Re: The Award For Most Clueless Pc User Ever by mmonwuba(m): 4:29pm On Mar 01, 2008
reply *smoke* smoking head *cursing*,

then a call:

them: HELLO, PLEASE CAN YOU GIVE US BACK OUR PRICELESS AND VALUABLE WIN 95 COMPUTER
you: I DONT UNDERSTAND
them: E BI LIKE SAY YOU DON DEY CRASE, MONI, MAKE YOU CARRY MY COMPUTA COME MY HOUSE, WETIN BE THIS EKPE WEY YOU GIVE ME?

line dropped

(1) (Reply)

Problem With My Ipod, Help! / Finally A Computer Manufacturing Firm In Nigeria. / Guys What Can I Do? My System Is Slowin Down And Crashin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.