Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,574 members, 7,921,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:36 PM

The Village Headmaster Returns To TV - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Village Headmaster Returns To TV (10259 Views)

Village Headmaster, Madam Kofo And All That / Cock Crows At Dawn - The Adio´s Family - Village Headmaster Etc - Your Favourite / The Village Headmaster TV Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by Dariye(m): 8:53pm On Jan 19, 2013
Hey, u guys should stop criticizing and kicking against this idea. Atleast, let we, the new generation have a taste of what you 'elders' always claim to have enjoyed in the good old days which we have missed. Bikoangry
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by justi4jesu(f): 10:28pm On Jan 19, 2013
Princeokwytex: I cant wait to which it

Abeg na watch it u wan talk abi na wetin....

Runnnsss 2 get a cup of kunu! Chaii
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by birdman(m): 12:42am On Jan 20, 2013
semid4lyfe: Cock Crow at Dawn
hehehe. the lux ad is cringe worthy
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by Ishilove: 5:36am On Jan 20, 2013
naptu2:

grin grin grin Nairaland word censor!
Reminds me of Dick Tiger grin grin
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by Ishilove: 5:38am On Jan 20, 2013
birdman:
hehehe. the lux ad is cringe worthy
No it isn't. It makes me yearn for the good old days. smiley
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by jlyomifrancisy: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2013
can't wait 2 see it, tiwan'tiwa ekisa'ntaatan better than watching those mexican nd southy stuffs
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by naptu2: 10:16am On Jan 20, 2013
It's just like the Bond franchise (celebrating 50 years). My mum thought that Sean Connery was the best Bond, I thought that Roger Moore was the best and some (from the younger generation) think that Daniel Craig is the best.

I loved Roger Moore's air of invincibility, while some thought that it's not realistic.

Some people thought that the franchise would collapse after the end of the Cold War, but it's still a hit today.

I loved New Village Headmaster (particularly the late 80s and early 90s episodes) as much as I loved the original series, but I went to the Nigerian Nostalgia Project and old folks there were saying that New Village Headmaster was rubbish and that it didn't match up to the original series.

I guess it's different strokes for different folks. What they need to do is adapt it such that it would have it's own audience today and grab a share of the tv market.
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by malexito(m): 10:29am On Jan 20, 2013
conan was re-acted, clash of the titans too. It all depends on d quality of delivery and not the story line.
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by ijebabe: 11:27am On Jan 20, 2013
Ishilove:
I liked the ad too, you won't see girls wear dresses like that anymore grin
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by Ishilove: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2013
ijebabe:
I liked the ad too, you won't see girls wear dresses like that anymore grin
Why should they? That era was the disco era and it is long gone. Their fashion sense was very 'colourful', to say the least. grin
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by birdman(m): 4:25am On Jan 21, 2013
Ishilove:

I still like the ad and its very nostalgic for me, like the OMO ad. But there are latent messages in that lux ad, including the importance of oyinbo man giving clapping for you to gain credibility. Watch it again
Re: The Village Headmaster Returns To TV by bakenda(m): 10:26am On Jan 21, 2013
Good idea, hope they can match the quality of production
and acting of the original series. I was privileged
to 'stumble' upon the cast at NTA studios, V/I when they
were preparing for a rehearsal back in the day, didn't
know those scenes they were showing on TV all took place
in a studio. Good creativity. They were really nice and
friendly, I had a chat and handshake with HRH Oloja of Oja, wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! / Learning TV Presenting In Nigeria / I Don’t Know What Is Worse – Nigerian Actors Or Nigerian Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.