Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,047 members, 7,963,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:15 AM

My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria (2504 Views)

[photo] KFC Serves California Man 'deep Fried Rat' In His Meal? / Monstrous Giant Squid Washed Ashore A Southern California Beach...see Pictures / Do U Ever Wonder Why Your Blackberry Is Slow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 20, 2013
[size=13pt]^^^ Lol thank you. I've been viewing this on my phone, where the pin was unrecognizable.[/size]
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 20, 2013
Obinoscopy: If not for the unfriendliness and lackadaisical attitude of the Nigeria Police, I'd say this case be reported to them so as to track the trade chain for stolen products from the US that ends up here. But we all know what happens if it is reported. You might be detained as the primary suspect after which they will request money from you to release you.

Ideally what the Nigeria Police shld do is to work closely with Interpol to monitor how stolen gadgets like BB and the likes finally ends up here in Nigeria. But all they are concerned about is detension of the innocent and their bail money (even though it'll be written boldly on their Notice Board that Bail is Free)

SMH for the Nigeria Police.

[size=13pt]Exactly. I will make inquiries nonetheless. It'll be interesting to see how far we can get with this.[/size]
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by freecocoa(f): 10:11am On Jan 20, 2013
Lol grin

Naija I hail o.

OG bebe, you sef wicked o, how you go use BB come wound am like that?grin

I thought I'm the only one who uses a phone for upto 2 years.

1 Like

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2013
The phone is gone! Nothing will bring it back! cheesy

Just go do the funeral and move on! After all, na those elderly Americans in the train that stole it! undecided
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Exactly. I will make inquiries nonetheless. It'll be interesting to see how far we can get with this.[/size]

Abeg, no waste ur time o. Make u leave matter jare.
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 20, 2013
[size=13pt]I dey cry over that phone? I was overdue for an upgrade and was being indecisive about getting a new one. Whoever stole it made the choice for me lol. It's no longer about the phone and more of finding out about a black market. Curiosity got me this far anyway. Let it continue to take me.[/size]
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 20, 2013
^^^
Ok. Definitely noted.

Theft of BBM's might affect the price of iPhones in Eldorado County. cheesy
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 20, 2013
90% of all bought used blackberries in nigeria are stolen

this is the same way cynthia's bb showed up with a businessman in port harcourt

your case is actually even good, when one considers the fact that it was probably picked from your pocket

some of the used blackberries the 'i must have black berry crowd' are flaunting were taken at at gunpoint, after murder, after a r-ape , after a home invasion, after hitting a person multiple times with a machete

the boys selling bbs in lagos hold ups - do you really think those bbs could have been gotten legally?
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by EzePromoe: 10:30am On Jan 20, 2013
OGUGUA, you're even lucky because you still stand a chance to get your phone back, as it's been used by a Nigerian, you might be lucky your phone would be sold on second-hand or even third-hand to your relative here in Nigeria, because that's how we do here in 9ja. Had it been it's been used in a country like Afghanistan undecided
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 20, 2013
As funny as this sounds the person that stole the phone aint the one using it now, probably it might have been sold off as second hand.
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Mynd44: 12:48pm On Jan 20, 2013
Lemme add the guy. With any luck, there are some bathroom pictures of the previous owner on it and he might share itgringringringrin
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 20, 2013
^^^^^^

wahala dey o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided

offtopic - and this is actually why you should NEVER take compromising pictures/videos of yourself, or let anyone else do the same

you never know just what can happen

1 Like

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ougugua, you should be happy your phone found its way to your homeland, land of your fathers, where the warm african sun can kiss its weary screen.
Or would you rather it got delivered to cold Alaska?
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by DICKtator: 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
Obinoscopy: If not for the unfriendliness and lackadaisical attitude of the Nigeria Police, I'd say this case be reported to them so as to track the trade chain for stolen products from the US that ends up here. But we all know what happens if it is reported. You might be detained as the primary suspect after which they will request money from you to release you.

Ideally what the Nigeria Police shld do is to work closely with Interpol to monitor how stolen gadgets like BB and the likes finally ends up here in Nigeria. But all they are concerned about is detension of the innocent and their bail money (even though it'll be written boldly on their Notice Board that Bail is Free)

SMH for the Nigeria Police.

You really need to stop watching CSI and the likes!!. It is obvious that it is affecting you!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
DICKtator:

You really need to stop watching CSI and the likes!!. It is obvious that it is affecting you!!!!
grin grin grin grin

What's CSI? grin
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 4:39pm On Jan 20, 2013
Vikin: The phone is gone! Nothing will bring it back! cheesy

Just go do the funeral and move on! After all, na those elderly Americans in the train that stole it! undecided

Lol @ funeral grin
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by BasseyJ(m): 7:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
It's very possible to get it back, here's how my own happened...I just bought a BB storm 2, and my friends were lyk wow, we need upgrade o, after a week or so, another friend of mine got his own BB, after abt a week, he couldnt come to school, his number wasnt going through etc, when we finally saw him, he was looking battered and has just been released from jail, The phone was stolen all the way in Lagos, when the girl(former owner abii real owner) saw her pin suddenly pinging, she chatted up with him normally, and after about a week or so told him she was in Calabar but was stranded at the park, if he can come and take her to his place to spend the night, he happily went thanking God for his luck, only to be met by the girls friend in calabar along with some police men, he did have a Hot night sha, in jail, when they finally aggreed that he didnt steal the phone, he has been well beaten, and had to call the person he bought it from before he walked. Op can apply this technique
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
BasseyJ: It's very possible to get it back, here's how my own happened...I just bought a BB storm 2, and my friends were lyk wow, we need upgrade o, after a week or so, another friend of mine got his own BB, after abt a week, he couldnt come to school, his number wasnt going through etc, when we finally saw him, he was looking battered and has just been released from jail, The phone was stolen all the way in Lagos, when the girl(former owner abii real owner) saw her pin suddenly pinging, she chatted up with him normally, and after about a week or so told him she was in Calabar but was stranded at the park, if he can come and take her to his place to spend the night, he happily went thanking God for his luck, only to be met by the girls friend in calabar along with some police men, he did have a Hot night sha, in jail, when they finally aggreed that he didnt steal the phone, he has been well beaten, and had to call the person he bought it from before he walked. Op can apply this technique

Thats why i detaste anything 2hand product. so he received the beating of his life for buying the 2hand grin

If you cant get a new product, abeg rest! No be force!

1 Like

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by BasseyJ(m): 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
Vikin:

Thats why i detaste anything 2hand product. so he received the beating of his life for buying the 2hand grin

If you cant get a new product, abeg rest! No be force!
yesoo, something he paid for, the money he spent for the 2nd hand BB, bail and drugs was enough to get him a new Android phone, not even considering the Beatings he received grin
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by iamswizz(m): 12:47am On Jan 22, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I dey cry over that phone? I was overdue for an upgrade and was being indecisive about getting a new one. Whoever stole it made the choice for me lol. It's no longer about the phone and more of finding out about a black market. Curiosity got me this far anyway. Let it continue to take me.[/size]
sista.. You can go ahead in finding out how the phone got into his hands... Or better still,tell sexkills to send the guy the link of this topic,and tell him to register(he might even be a nairalander grin) so he could tell us how he got the phone.. Its gonna be interesting..

1 Like

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Mynd44: 6:00am On Jan 22, 2013
^^
And update the story here abi? You too like film
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 22, 2013
Ok, this is interesting
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by tellwisdom: 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I dey cry over that phone? I was overdue for an upgrade and was being indecisive about getting a new one. Whoever stole it made the choice for me lol. It's no longer about the phone and more of finding out about a black market. Curiosity got me this far anyway. Let it continue to take me.[/size]
You still need that fone, don't lie...why u come run follow the train again begin search am for toilet, plus under chair where u sit down??..if in the cause of you chasing the fone, u fall for ground ur skirt tear and ur yansh begin show nko?? sad ..thank God ur boyfriend don buy anoda one for u undecided

1 Like

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Mynd44: 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
^^
Madness
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by chinnyonwu(m): 4:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
This tin na sweet tory oo!! All these detective tins đ℮ƴ sweet oo.. Whether I go join police sef :d

1 Like

Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
[size=13pt]Well, the guy doesn't reply pings, so the story is "to be continued".[/size]
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Sunbellar: 4:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Well, the guy doesn't reply pings, so the story is "to be continued".[/size]
Probably the guy is a member of nairaland. He is now more careful and may soon delete u. Sorry 4 d loss anyway.
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Mynd44: 5:05pm On Jan 24, 2013
Sunbellar: Probably the guy is a member of nairaland. He is now more careful and may soon delete u. Sorry 4 d loss anyway.
That would be smart of him
Re: My California Blackberry Is In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2013
Mynd_44: Lemme add the guy. With any luck, there are some bathroom pictures of the previous owner on it and he might share itgringringringrin
Is that true @OP. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Currency Gallery And Currency In Circulation / Naked Citizens In Christmas Hats Take Over Streets In Canada For Charity Event / How To Recover Deleted Contacts SMS From Samsung J1/J3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.