Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,120 members, 7,939,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:43 AM

Itching Body After Cold Bath - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Itching Body After Cold Bath (23144 Views)

Hot Or Cold Bath? The Benefits Of Both Kinds Of Showers / Do You Know Why You SHIVER After A Cold Bath? Read This / Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itching Body After Cold Bath by OgaMadam(f): 1:59pm On May 01, 2008
VC

depends how constant your baths are. i dont see a problem with about 2 to 3.

On the other hand bathing too much actually drains the moisture out of you skin.

And your skin can sometimes not be able to keep up with replenishing oil and moisture, it simply runs dry.

So take a nice warm bath, with a soft sponge or towel as you said. Also

Remember to put something that seals the moisture in your skin. Ideally this substance should have the right oil and moisture balance for you.

This should be done not more than 3 minutes after a bath.

This should also not be filled with chemicals and should be mild.

i.e. you could you acqueous cream (plain white one) mixed with olive or even loads of sunflower oil. If you do this i think you should be ok.
Re: Itching Body After Cold Bath by vc: 1:54am On May 04, 2008
Ok namesake & Ogamadam,

Thanks a lot for those nice and re-assuring words. I'll stick with warm baths carefully.
thanks again.

And for that other guy that was looking for people to sell his one-drug-cure-all concoctions to, i'm not available grin grin grin wink smiley tongue
Re: Itching Body After Cold Bath by Gent: 4:04pm On May 23, 2008
Try disinfecting your sponge with izal, dettol, or other disinfectants.
They may help, or at least, reduce the problem.
Re: Itching Body After Cold Bath by cecegorz(m): 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2008
@VC
i really had an acute case of this itching after cold water bath back in the 90s. Then i was in a boarding school in onitsha. Boy! it was really too bad that sometimes, 30mins after bath, i'll still be itching as if i took the good old chloroquine.
The water we were using was str8 from the gushing public tap and it got to the extent that i had tiny goose-pimples all over my body. had to seek medics and i was given calamine lotion to apply after each bath and then not to use sponge while it lasted.

Guess what? i never used sponge ever since! And i've had my peace too. Try banishing the sponge, afterall u don't roll in the mud  grin  grin  grin
Re: Itching Body After Cold Bath by manchibabe: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2008
@ vic
trying using a really soft sponge if u cant do without sponge like me.
wen i first moved to england i tot i had caught a deadly ithing disease, because not only did it itch, it left horrible spots nd rashes all over saw my derma but no good.

some tips u can use (dat i tried nd worked)
try bathing with warm water (neva bath with old water)
try using a really soft sponge( got my soft sponge from body shop nd it worked)
stay of medicated soaps ( i stopped using medicated soap along tyme ago nd stick to d same soap without changing cos ur body needs to get used to one type)
dont share towels with anyone and try washing them with baby soap ( i found that the washing powder i used to wash my towel contributed to it as well so i use baby soap or baby washing powder)
and if u can try and remain in one location because the constant change upsets the bodys PH,

let me know if any of these worked, because it is and all d spots nd rashes are all gone now but it took a while sha
Re: Itching Body After Cold Bath by manchibabe: 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2008
and also the biggest one
never share your towel, sponge and soap with nobody, even ur moda or hubby for now, then u can start gradually later
Re: Itching Body After Cold Bath by slimes(m): 11:49pm On Dec 10, 2009
Itching all over the skin sometimes signify a rise in blood sugar level
Re: Itching Body After Cold Bath by agathamari(f): 11:40am On Apr 03, 2010

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Effects Of Cheating Ourselves Of Sleep / What Is The Difference Between Herbalist, Native Doctor & Trado-medical Persons? / COVID-19: Borno Confirms 11 Deaths, 69 Infections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.