Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,634 members, 7,914,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:36 AM

Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! (6116 Views)

Fayose Questions Source Of Obasanjo’s Wealth / We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors / N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! by Frizy(m): 6:30pm On Mar 02, 2008
When I was in Nigeria (November2007) I went for a live lecture and according to the guest speaker a scholar, he said that a US source estimates Obasanjo's wealth to be about N18 trillion. Please guys, I need to know if this is true or just one of the rumours we hear. If truly Obasanjo has such immense wealth, how did he acquire it? Because I heard baba had less than a million naira just before he became president. That money is about $150billion he is meant to number 1 on forbes.com NOT BILL GATES.
Re: Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! by Arnold1(m): 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2008
Your allegation has no merit whatsoever.

1. You could atleast mention the name of the "live lecture" you claimed to attend.

2. what is the name of this guest speaker/scholar and what are his sources ?

I think we all agree (for the most part) that OBJ enriched himself while in office, but please, don't come and yarn
akara for us here, abeg.
Re: Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! by Frizy(m): 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2008
Fine, the guest speaker's name is Alh. Isa Akindele, he is well known among the Muslim elites in ibadan
Re: Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! by Nobody: 2:34am On May 11, 2013
This is response is belated, but I have to say that given the money Nigeria earned during his tenure with consistently record high oil prices, and given that he had full control of oil revenue and given that for all that revenue there is precious little to show for it; I conclude that it is very probable that Obasanjo personally stole in the region of $150billion to $200billion over his 8 years of theivery.
Re: Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! by Nobody: 3:04am On May 11, 2013
Look at his huge mansion which is only one of many huge mansions he owns.

There are few university campuses that can compete with the size of his mansions.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-6fMqrrqSM6U/UN1Qd1YOi5I/AAAAAAAAdQ8/piXD6x7vn5c/s400/Obasanjos-house-360x225.jpg[/img]
Re: Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! by musiwa27: 4:34am On May 11, 2013
why
Re: Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! by RickyRoss1(m): 5:57am On May 11, 2013
Obasanjo is a bloody looter but there is no way he can steal up to 150 Billion US Dollars from the treasury. For that to happen it means OBJ will have to owe ALL federal government employees for several years.

By the way, how much in total did Nigeria generate during OBJ's Tenure?
Re: Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! by Nobody: 11:05am On May 11, 2013
GenBuhari: This is response is belated, but I have to say that given the money Nigeria earned during his tenure with consistently record high oil prices, and given that he had full control of oil revenue and given that for all that revenue there is precious little to show for it; I conclude that it is very probable that Obasanjo personally stole in the region of $150billion to $200billion over his 8 years of theivery.
Lord have mercy! If he stole that huge amount of money, how much did Abacha and Babangida steal?
Re: Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! by seunfly: 11:40am On May 11, 2013
Obj may have stolen alot of money, but it's not possible for him to steal $150billion in Nigeria. Even king fahadz of saudi arabia can not boost of such money in his personal account.
Re: Is Obasanjo's Wealth Worth N18 Trillion. Read! by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 11, 2013
Babangida stole in the region of $10bn -$25bn
Abacha never stole at all, he was maliciously accused and demonised by Obasanjo and Babangida to deflect attention from their own looting. Even the so-called Abacha loot supposedly returned by Swiss banks were never proved to have any links to Abacha
berem: Lord have mercy! If he stole that huge amount of money, how much did Abacha and Babangida steal?

All those saying Obasanjo could not have stolen $150billion should give us calculations proving that it was not possible for him to still that much.

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Remember 2009 For? / Lagos Police Debunk Killer Orange Rumour / PDP Begins Preparation For Anambra Elections, Warns Turkur. List Of Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.