Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,855 members, 7,980,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 11:00 PM

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: - Education (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: (630276 Views)

Covenant University Aspirants Thread -2016/2017 Session / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (718) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Jodekss(m): 12:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
[b]Intro: I am an adult, but wouldn't mind watching cartoons non-stop but people used to say that that's a piece of shit.
They used to say cartoon is ment just for kids but see me teaching them again the ways of wisdom and realistic ethics with 'Ben 10.'
.....................☺....................
LET'S GO BEN 10 ON THIS SIGNIFICANT DATE 10.11.12...
http://www.poetfreak.com/text/252114/lets-go-ben-10.html

...and I've just seen Ben 10 saving the universe
Again in this newest episode of Ben 10 omniverse
They gloat me to change the tv channel to perhaps Trace
I sprayed that with grenades and light it bomb-wise
The electricity went off and I sat them to listen-wise
For they are idle-wise.

Aye, they call him Ben 10 saving the world but he's not
Omnipresent right?

If I were Ben 10
You, Ben 10
All of us, Ben 10
The whole world, Ben 10
This gigantic galaxy, Ben 10.

Do you think there'd be one who'd be ready to turn into a monster
To pinch away the peace of his fellow from the same father?
To me Ben tantamounts to some crazy lover
He'd die entertaking charges to mutate into any monster
To protect the world with his monsterous fire.

I tell you all
There's wisdom in nothing
To you all Ben 10 isn't something
But try and be like Ben 10 just for a day
Love your neighbours with all you've got
Before you know it
You'd safed the world just like that just like Ben 10
Love your enemies
For even Ben 10 too used to try to urge monsters too to change for good
Loving is good
Saving the world isn't easy but it's fun and good
But we can only safe the world by starting with some fiend.[/b]

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
Rick, fresh out of accounting skul, went to a interview for a gud paying job. The company boss asked various quesns abt him and his education, but den asked him, 'what is three times seven?', '22', Rick replied. After he left, he double-checked it on his calculator(he knew he shud av taken it to d interview!)and realized he wouldn't get d job. Abt two weeks later, he got a leta dat said he was hired for d job! He was nt one to luk a gift horse in d mouth, but was stil vewi curious. The next day, he went in nd asked y he got d job, even though he got such a simple quesn wrong. The boss shrugged nd said, 'well, u were d closest'.
#OgaOhhh

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by emekakelvin(m): 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
Afolabi6046: Rick, fresh out of accounting skul, went to a interview for a gud paying job. The company boss asked various quesns abt him and his education, but den asked him, 'what is three times seven?', '22', Rick replied. After he left, he double-checked it on his calculator(he knew he shud av taken it to d interview!)and realized he wouldn't get d job. Abt two weeks later, he got a leta dat said he was hired for d job! He was nt one to luk a gift horse in d mouth, but was stil vewi curious. The next day, he went in nd asked y he got d job, even though he got such a simple quesn wrong. The boss shrugged nd said, 'well, u were d closest'.
#OgaOhhh
Hahaha very funny.......The manager just trick RICK ni ooo,he want him to do such a lucrative mistake when dealing with customer.
No fall accounting student hand ooooooo
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Kejilee(m): 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hello pals
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by tIce(m): 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
Jodekss: [b]Intro: I am an adult, but wouldn't mind watching cartoons non-stop but people used to say that that's a piece of shit.
They used to say cartoon is ment just for kids but see me teaching them again the ways of wisdom and realistic ethics with 'Ben 10.'
.....................☺....................
LET'S GO BEN 10 ON THIS SIGNIFICANT DATE 10.11.12...
http://www.poetfreak.com/text/252114/lets-go-ben-10.html

...and I've just seen Ben 10 saving the universe
Again in this newest episode of Ben 10 omniverse
They gloat me to change the tv channel to perhaps Trace
I sprayed that with grenades and light it bomb-wise
The electricity went off and I sat them to listen-wise
For they are idle-wise.

Aye, they call him Ben 10 saving the world but he's not
Omnipresent right?

If I were Ben 10
You, Ben 10
All of us, Ben 10
The whole world, Ben 10
This gigantic galaxy, Ben 10.

Do you think there'd be one who'd be ready to turn into a monster
To pinch away the peace of his fellow from the same father?
To me Ben tantamounts to some crazy lover
He'd die entertaking charges to mutate into any monster
To protect the world with his monsterous fire.

I tell you all
There's wisdom in nothing
To you all Ben 10 isn't something
But try and be like Ben 10 just for a day
Love your neighbours with all you've got
Before you know it
You'd safed the world just like that just like Ben 10
Love your enemies
For even Ben 10 too used to try to urge monsters too to change for good
Loving is good
Saving the world isn't easy but it's fun and good
But we can only safe the world by starting with some fiend.[/b]
would love dis better if twaz AVATAR u used.....
Anyways 9ice 1
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by emekakelvin(m): 3:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
Kejilee: Hello pals
Gud evening sir
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
....hmmm...bro kelvin hup u aint an ACCT aspirant, abeg na joke i dey o
emekakelvin: Hahaha very funny.......The manager just trick RICK ni ooo,he want him to do such a lucrative mistake when dealing with customer.
No fall accounting student hand ooooooo
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Kejilee(m): 4:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
emekakelvin: Gud evening sir
fyn oo, aku strike
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by FelcoCom: 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
Kejilee: fyn oo, aku strike
keji.....longest tym

i miss u ooo
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by FelcoCom: 5:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
is it true dt phcn wil also strike
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by FelcoCom: 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
i
c
u
oooo
pharmacist

onaop
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by emekakelvin(m): 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Afolabi6046: ....hmmm...bro kelvin hup u aint an ACCT aspirant, abeg na joke i dey o
I am ooo,but am still a learner
If u get more joke like dis throw Come abeg
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Jodekss(m): 5:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
T.ice:
would love dis better if twaz AVATAR u used.....
Anyways 9ice 1
I have watched dat one too... Avatar Han... That little old guy that can bend air, earth, water and fire... I gbadun that cartoon die... Thanks anyway... C ya...
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by emekakelvin(m): 6:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
Kejilee: fyn oo, aku strike
Ija kàn pélu......Say this yoruba correct
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
emekakelvin: I am ooo,but am still a learner
If u get more joke like dis throw Come abeg

yepa!!! I'm sowie sir, i'm on my knees jst wanted to hurt my sis ni jawe, she brags a lot abt ACCT
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
'The law is a jealous mistress'. Past. Sam, miracy, temi, papadinho(nt sure) y d frowned face guys, i didnt say it, Prof. Ferdinand Fairfax Stone of d Tulane Law School said so.
#Wondering....
Wat does it mean.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
A man joins a big corporate empire as a trainee. On his vewi 1st day of work, he dials an extension nd shouts into d fone 'get me a coffee quickly!'. The voice from d other side responded, 'you fool! You've dialed d wrong extension! Do u knw who u're talking to?' 'No', replied d trainee. 'I'm d CEO of d company!'. The trainee shouts back, 'and do U knw who U ar talking to'. 'No', replied d CEO indignantly. 'Good!' replied d trainee, who put down d phone.
#OhhBoyy
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by emekakelvin(m): 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Afolabi6046: yepa!!! I'm sowie sir, i'm on my knees jst wanted to hurt my sis ni jawe, she brags a lot abt ACCT
ah of the highest order!!!!!
sir pls ooo stand up sharpaly
she gat to be proud of it na,even you self u would like to be called a nurse someday
Pls give me dat ur Sister contact,possibly 2go I.D
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Afolabi6046: 'The law is a jealous mistress'. Past. Sam, miracy, temi, papadinho(nt sure) y d frowned face guys, i didnt say it, Prof. Ferdinand Fairfax Stone of d Tulane Law School said so.
#Wondering....
Wat does it mean.
lolz
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by emekakelvin(m): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
Afolabi6046: A man joins a big corporate empire as a trainee. On his vewi 1st day of work, he dials an extension nd shouts into d fone 'get me a coffee quickly!'. The voice from d other side responded, 'you fool! You've dialed d wrong extension! Do u knw who u're talking to?' 'No', replied d trainee. 'I'm d CEO of d company!'. The trainee shouts back, 'and do U knw who U ar talking to'. 'No', replied d CEO indignantly. 'Good!' replied d trainee, who put down d phone.
#OhhBoyy
Salts
ehn no one can tell d story of either of the personality that put down the call.
Judging through the drama that they just acted,I think the trainee would be one ,cos the CEO would be confuse at dat moment
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by phtemie(m): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
Afolabi6046: 'The law is a jealous mistress'. Past. Sam, miracy, temi, papadinho(nt sure) y d frowned face guys, i didnt say it, Prof. Ferdinand Fairfax Stone of d Tulane Law School said so.
#Wondering....
Wat does it mean.
lol

Well,I think it means the populace(citizens) belongs to the law..And it is the sole responsibility of the law to protect them whichever way possible.

The statement is only characterised by ambiguity..The word "jealous" is ambiguous(multi-meaning)..It could mean being envious of someone's achievement and at the same time could mean "being very protective of one's possession(s)".

So in this context,the statement can be paraphased as "the law is a mistress that is very protective of her possessions"
From this,we can easily draw out the underlying meaning of the statement as "The law is ultimately saddled with the sole responsibility of protecting the citizens"

I could be wrong though..Just my thought..Anybody with a different insight can shed more light on the statement.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Jodekss(m): 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
NAIRALAND- acrostic...

Nonsense talks, tell them that they are mad jo

Aregbesola gan can't dare bribe me to avote this power at the top lai lai and acquiesce

Isokuso plus jargon niyen maa je na abi?

Right after my dinner a friend in polytechnic said ASUP had boycotted again aaaaaaaah!

Agbalagba ara non fe ka fi ka higher institution ni?

Lai, ko ni possible o give me a giant gun let me blast myself jo

ASUU said no going back now NASU said we no go go office

Now gan am sure that Gari and Grugru go vex and join this strike

Dear, when we go to bed let's pray to God for this sick government...
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Sayet(m): 9:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
FelcoCom: i
c
u
oooo
pharmacist

onaop
i see u too...#teamfishers.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Olastep1(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Wake me when the strike is off...

#deactivated till i step into OAU
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 7:12am On Oct 12, 2013
Good morning great students
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by xkid2000(m): 7:19am On Oct 12, 2013
Whatever it is.... I BELIEVE!
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by FelcoCom: 7:30am On Oct 12, 2013
Sayet: i see u too...#teamfishers.
samueli...booni.dis is my first of cin u here

#team fishers
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 7:43am On Oct 12, 2013
#Wondering....
Wat does it mean.
well explained by oga phtemie though.
I think the statement contains two words that are multi-conceptual 'jealous' and 'mistress'. the former having been well explained by phtemie.

Mistress can be seen to mean a woman who is yet to marry or a woman who is yet to marry therein having an affair with a married man.

Thus, we can deduce by relating law with the qualifier 'jealous' and the above definition that law is nosy and overprotective of its subject.

Law wants to be above everyone without anybody questioning her stand as seen in a 'jealous mistress' and this can be sub-conceptualised in 'nobody is above the law'.

And in every context, law prevails whether the law is legal on its own or not, it still wants to prevail. 'jealous mistress'
#just a thought
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by onaopepo1: 8:24am On Oct 12, 2013
FelcoCom: i
c
u
oooo
pharmacist

onaop
my sacrosanct pharmacist, how arth thou?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by FelcoCom: 9:09am On Oct 12, 2013
onaopepo1: my sacrosanct pharmacist, how arth thou?

m gud....longest tym
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by FelcoCom: 9:14am On Oct 12, 2013
i c u ooo

tola...sowie for d break in conversatn of yestaday

na network..booni
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Sayet(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2013
FelcoCom: samueli...booni.dis is my first of cin u here

#team fishers
no mind me jhor,i just dey follow d thread ni...quite a long,u hardly log on to ur 2go acc nowadays#teamfishers

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (718) (Reply)

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.