Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,706 members, 7,882,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 02:22 AM

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: - Education (708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: (624457 Views)

Covenant University Aspirants Thread -2016/2017 Session / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (718) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by jaryeh(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2014
Afolabi6046: This one that all you are scaring yourselves aforehand, if we con read mid-semester nko? The calendar is just too normal to me. No be PHY nd CHEM we go dey do, abi who wan start HISTOLOGY straight? Only that YeYe ZOOLOGY bothers me.
#TeamAin'tGatNoWorries
You you be badoo na. We wey no con sabi the Chemistry and Physics nko? grin
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Jodekss(m): 10:50am On Aug 21, 2014
EBOLA: OAU students express worry over bat population •As school re-opens Sunday •No cause for alarm —Mgt
font size Print Email
21.Aug.2014 DISQUS_COMMENTSDare Adekanmbi, Oluwole Ige and Vera Onana
Rate this item
(1 Vote)
SOME students of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile Ife, have expressed worry over the large population of ceaseless migratory fruit bats, which had been living in various parts of the university community, including academic areas, for decades.
The university re-opens on Sunday, August 24.
Bats are one of the primary sources of contracting Ebola and the fruit bats are members of the Pteropodidae family of bats, which act as pollinators and seed dispersers and are said to be found in primary or maturing secondary forests.
One of the students, Sodiq Oyeleke, on Wednesday, captured the panic being expressed by his colleagues on the possible temporary shutdown of the school by the Federal Government, in an effort to stop the spread of Ebola.
In an article posted on www.oaupeeps.com, a news blog for students and alumni of the institution, entitled: “Another OAU Shutdown Beckons: We May Return Home Soon,” he enjoined his colleagues to refrain from spreading rumour about the possibility of the school being shut again.
Before the article, students of the university had, on social media, expressed panic over the announcement of re-opening of the school, which was shut in July over protest on tuition fee hike.
“If care is not taken, we will be sent home again, not by the school management but by the Federal Government because of Ebola. We have not resumed fully and students have started creating panic about Ebola on campus,” the article read in part.
But, reacting to the presence of bats in the institution, during a telephone conversation, on Wednesday, the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the institution, Mr Abiodun Olanrewaju, said “the bats on OAU campus have been there for decades,” adding that “despite the large concentration of bats here, we have never experienced any outbreak of any disease over the years - much less Ebola.
“If the bats here could transmit Ebola, then we would all have long been dead. If despite the large concentration of bats, the Ebola case in Nigeria was not discovered here, but in Lagos, why would we have that problem now?
“We are all loco-parentis (surrogate parents) here ourselves. If we have any reason to believe that it is not safe for them (the students), why would we invite them to resume? Those fears are baseless. There is no cause for alarm.”
On whether the insitution is considering cutting down the trees that harbour the bats, as a precautionary measure, Olanrewaju asked: “How many trees do you want to cut down?” adding that “there is no cause for alarm.”
The management of the university had, in a statement on its website, said: “In view of the colonisation of the university estate by migratory fruit bats, members of the university community and their dependants are hereby strongly advised to avoid all forms of contact with bats.”
The authorities issued an alert to those within the premises of the institution to avoid “touching, holding or eating bats,” as well as “avoid pathways through which they may come in contact with the faeces/droppings of the bats.”
Meanwhile, in a press release signed by Olanrewaju, the Senate of the university had reconvened on Friday, August 15, to announce the re-opening of the institution. http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/13943-ebola-oau-students-express-worry-over-bat-population-as-school-re-opens-sunday-no-cause-for-alarm-mgt
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Mhyke: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
Teephestus1: Shout out people here. Miss u lyk kilo de gan! Grandpa papidinho, u ar highly gbezki, mummy oluwatola5 love u lyk ki dakun, big sis miracy miss u badly. Fattybabakay, amefrica, omaresh, myke, fynest boi, jarye, nd al others dat i dont remember (no vex o) wish 2 know u al buh destiny av 2 reffer me 2 sumwhere else. Wish u best in life. 1love. Ur runaway brother. TEEPHESTUS1

Meeeehhhnnn...i must hv missd my way..long tym bro.hw'v u bn
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Mhyke: 12:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ghydyon: tani o fe dana? Who is preparing his marriage?

lollss
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Mhyke: 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
Qualcoms: ICT TRAINING FOR FRESH STUDENTS

The pivotal role of the university in producing the levels of
human capital required for countries to succeed in the
globalised ‘information economy’ has been expressed in terms
of higher education’s ability to provide the labour market with
information-aware and information-adept graduates.
Developments in multimedia, increased communications and
other ICT innovations are obviously key components of the
information economy. Thus, it is imperative for the Obafemi
Awolowo University that prides itself as the leading ICT
University in Nigeria to empower her students.

The ICT training for fresh undergraduate students aims to
impart basic ICT skill into the students right from the onset of
their educational career in OAU. New ICT initiatives are being
introduced to the University. These include: student e-mail
services, smart classrooms, multimedia driven lecture delivery,
intra-university voice communication ‘Keedu’, increasing online
engagement, course registration, TCC project, e-assessment,
inter-university online collaboration (OAU and Unilag) and
techno-preneurship. These are in addition to various existing
services such as online meetings and interviews via
telepresence and videoconference, advanced search, e-library,
internet access etc.

These services require basic ICT skill to navigate and derive
maximum benefit. The purpose of this training is therefore to
educate the newly admitted students on Information and
Communication Technology (ICT) as they will continue to apply
the skills acquired from the training throughout their stay in
Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) and after their first degree
education. The training attracts its own ‘Certificate of
Participation’ therefore eliminating the need for the students
to patronise road side computer schools after graduation in
desperate search for certificate of computer training which
today is a pre-requisite for job placement in most
organisations.

The first batch of the training commences this session. Fresh
undergraduate students are advised to download the
timetable for the training here.
http://www.oauife.edu.ng/2014/08/timetable-for-ict-training-for-fresh-undergraduate-students/

abeg shey dem go teach how to chng our cgpa thru e-portal
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Qualcoms(m): 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
Mhyke:

Lolz... make we ask d questn for d training nw...
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Qualcoms(m): 3:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Mhyke:

Lolz... make we ask d questn for d training nw... they must b glad to answer us....
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
jaryeh:
You you be badoo na. We wey no con sabi the Chemistry and Physics nko? grin
Ba wetin? Plss, don't mock me o.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Qualcoms(m): 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
FROM THE LEAERSHIP OF THE UNION
(As At 3:50pm today,21st August, 2014)
OUR UNIVERSITY MANAGEMENT AT IT AGAIN!
Students that make up the leadership of the Union
have been served rustication letters from the
University for 4 semesters for protesting against
hike in fees.
This rustication order however has been
suspended and they are hereby on probation in
the University.
Some other students have also been served
letters.
This is a clear indication that the struggle against
hike in fees has taken another dimension.
Great IFE Beware!!!
Signed:
BAMIDELE Oludare J.
P.R.O
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Redder97(m): 9:52am On Aug 22, 2014
pls house i nid ur help/response...ma agg is 229 n i put in for chem engnr whereas d cut off as at last year was 255.buh i had 72.8 in pd...pls wl d jamb/p.jamb affect ma pd/admission

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by godlovesyou(m): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2014
@Redder,your chances of geting admision is sure.you will definately get admision with that your score in pd.But that of your jamb score,if you are lucky to beat the cutoff mark,then you need not worry anymore about geting admision through pd.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Redder97(m): 11:26am On Aug 22, 2014
godlovesyou: @Redder,your chances of geting admision is sure.you will definately get admision with that your score in pd.But that of your jamb score,if you are lucky to beat the cutoff mark,then you need not worry anymore about geting admision through pd.
thanks bro
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by godlovesyou(m): 11:58am On Aug 22, 2014
Redder97: thanks bro
I'm glad you got it.You are welcome.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Ghydyon(m): 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
godlovesyou: I'm glad you got it.You are welcome.
sir ope, quite a decade! Has your course been change to english edu?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by samoice(m): 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
Afolabi6046: Ba wetin? Plss, don't mock me o.
Afolabi oh. Bring sumtin for me oh
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Victomolola: 9:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
Who is on campus now? Who will go on sunday?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
samoice: Afolabi oh. Bring sumtin for me oh
Pardon me sir, it's either i've forgotten who u ar or i don't know u at all.
BTW, i'm in AWO already and the lectures time tables are out.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by emekakelvin(m): 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
Afolabi6046: Pardon me sir, it's either i've forgotten who u ar or i don't know u at all.

Is there light?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by icelord(m): 7:56am On Aug 23, 2014
Afolabi6046: Pardon me sir, it's either i've forgotten who u ar or i don't know u at all.
bobo, help me go check moz weda babes done come.... Lemme know when to come
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2014
emekakelvin:

Is there light?
Light and Water were restored few minutes ago and all Halls av been opened. Safe journey
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Adexbaba99: 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
Afo...,pls wen is lecture starting as stated in d timetable?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
Adexbaba99: Afo...,pls wen is lecture starting as stated in d timetable?
Monday the 25th day of August grin
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by godlovesyou(m): 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
Ghydyon: sir ope, quite a decade! Has your course been change to english edu?
How are you doing?still the same story on the portal.what of yours and when are you coming?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by emekakelvin(m): 9:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
Afolabi6046: Light and Water were restored few minutes ago and all Halls av been opened. Safe journey
Wow....Thank you bro
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by jagaban1: 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2014
Afolabi6046: Monday the 25th day of August grin

WHERE DID YOU GET THE TIMETABLE PLS?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 24, 2014
You have to go every department where u offered a course, it's on each's Notice Board.....safe journey
jagaban1:

WHERE DID YOU GET THE TIMETABLE PLS?
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Damboy96(m): 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
If u want to sell bedspace, any hall, contact 07032726723.
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by tIce(m): 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
dis thread still has ASPIRANT as it's name Oga ohhh
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by papindinho(m): 12:39am On Aug 25, 2014
It's crazy sharing room with rats o... These chunks of shiits won't lemme sleep. Urrgh! Na thunder go strike the left yansh of the person wey commot our bulb o...

Ew!

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Olusanya333(m): 7:09am On Aug 25, 2014
papindinho: It's crazy sharing room with rats o... These chunks of shiits won't lemme sleep. Urrgh! Na thunder go strike the left yansh of the person wey commot our bulb o...

Ew!
Oga calm down now

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by Logical11: 1:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
Lecture has commenced fully
Re: 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: by akindele487(m): 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Pls Where Is AUD 1 situated

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (718) (Reply)

University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local) / 2016/2017 Uniben Admission Thread Guide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.